France

Heracleum Persicum

Re: France

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Félicitations à Madame La Presidente Le Pen

Mr. Perfect, this time, you are right .. President Le Pen as good as money in the bank

noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Alexis wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I thought the difference is that The Donald didn't teach the fundamentals to Melania in high school. :)
I don't think there is any proof of pedophilia on the part of she who later became Ms Macron. If there was, it would have surfaced long ago. Also, pedophilic crimes rarely result in marriage! :P

No, I'm thinking of the trend to psychological dependency that one may suspect somebody engaged in a relationship with a partner a quarter century his senior to possess...

If Melania Trump has such a trend, that's merely a personal issue, not to worry any American.

If Emmanuel Macron has such a trend, and he becomes our president, errrr.... :cry:
I didn't have pedophilia (or what this case would be: ephebophilia) in mind.

Maybe we're saying the same thing in different ways....

...my point is about maturation and arrested development. Melania (as she's a public example), whatever her reasoning, was mature enough to understand what she was getting into by marrying an older man. She was also in her late 20s. The sex roles or age variance are good for a joke or two but not much more- doesn't matter. But the younger one spouse gets, the more questions it raises around maturity, and in that sense, I understand your concern about psychological dependency.

When the boy was 15 or 16 or whatever and professing his love for this woman (and his parents attempted to separate the two!) lots of red flags are raised about his maturation and how he's developed.
yes, it triggers the suspicion he isnt interested in the boring and stressful bits of being an adult and has got himself a permanent mother figure to look after all that while he peter pans it.

ive known a few guys who ended up with matriarchs to boss them around and they lacked either the confidence or will to be responsible for themselves.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

OK, folks, sorry, I change my vote, again .. votin for Macron

You have French citizenship?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect, this time, you are right .. President Le Pen as good as money in the bank

I'm still giving her 20% chance.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

OK, folks, sorry, I change my vote, again .. votin for Macron

You have French citizenship ?

We "world citizens", as Einstein used to say.

Mr. Perfect wrote:

I'm still giving her 20% chance.

Was speaking with a friend in France .. things really bad.

Macron would not make any dent in business as usual in France .. France needs a real REBOOT.

Le Pen chances are @least 50% .

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nat Post | You don’t have to like Le Pen to recognize that the European elites have made her victory possible
Above all, perhaps — it is not right-wing authoritarians but the great and good of Brussels and Berlin who have shown consistent contempt for the popular will, for democratic self-government and for the interests of weaker countries in their union.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Nat Post | You don’t have to like Le Pen to recognize that the European elites have made her victory possible
Above all, perhaps — it is not right-wing authoritarians but the great and good of Brussels and Berlin who have shown consistent contempt for the popular will, for democratic self-government and for the interests of weaker countries in their union.

The "elite" were riding the "donkey" for long, fooling, distracting with rubbish, inventing stuff.

Now, Bourgeois had it

Le Pen chances are real

Le Pen losing even is worst, meant things not settled, could lead to even worst.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

dH9uXWh3n-Y

Alexis, what happened? :|

Watched a bit of that live.. but too messy to follow with ze english voice translator.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:Alexis, what happened? :|

Watched a bit of that live.. but too messy to follow with ze english voice translator.
Macron will win, that's now settled.

After the first round, Le Pen's chances were limited but real - she would have needed to convince 10 to 14% of French to change their vote within two weeks, very difficult but possible yet.

During the first 10 days, she succeeded in puting Macron down 2 to 5%, in the 59-60% region. Her very last chance was the face-to-face debate yesterday evening - a really slim chance it was, she would have had to absolutely crush him to pieces during the debate in order to even stand a chance next Sunday.

That didn't happen. Both were bad, but she was worse - too aggressive, she didn't look presidential, spoke more of her adversary's project than of her own, and didn't master the what and the how of Frexit enough to explain it properly.

Our next presidential election will be 2022. Marine Le Pen did make a huge lot of progress this year, which will eventually come to fruition, but for now it's 5 more years of the same... :cry:

I just hope Macron will have enough common sense to keep us far of any large scale warfare if one erupts - international relations are clearly headed for the worse. I'm not sure he will have that common sense... :|
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Alexis wrote:

After the first round, Le Pen's chances were limited but real - she would have needed to convince 10 to 14% of French to change their vote within two weeks, very difficult but possible yet.

During the first 10 days, she succeeded in puting Macron down 2 to 5%, in the 59-60% region. Her very last chance was the face-to-face debate yesterday evening - a really slim chance it was, she would have had to absolutely crush him to pieces during the debate in order to even stand a chance next Sunday.

That didn't happen. Both were bad, but she was worse - too aggressive, she didn't look presidential, spoke more of her adversary's project than of her own, and didn't master the what and the how of Frexit enough to explain it properly.

Our next presidential election will be 2022. Marine Le Pen did make a huge lot of progress this year, which will eventually come to fruition, but for now it's 5 more years of the same... :cry:

I just hope Macron will have enough common sense to keep us far of any large scale warfare if one erupts - international relations are clearly headed for the worse. I'm not sure he will have that common sense... :|
Yes, that's what I got from some other commentaries. Pity. To play dirty ball on Macron the way she did was a bad idea. My thinking was that to crush him, have a chance or at least win the debate, she should have kept it simple: Moi, Marine Le Pen, wants to give all of you, chers amis, a voice, a vote in a referendum on the EU. You may agree with FN or not, that is fine. That is democracy. As President of France I will of course accept the outcome. Macron however does not want to give you that voice, rob you of that vote and silence the majority of the French people. He is an anti-democratic globalist and autocrat. Your vote is either for democracy against it. C'est ci simple.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Yes, that's what I got from some other commentaries. Pity. To play dirty ball on Macron the way she did was a bad idea. My thinking was that to crush him, have a chance or at least win the debate, she should have kept it simple: Moi, Marine Le Pen, wants to give all of you, chers amis, a voice, a vote in a referendum on the EU. You may agree with FN or not, that is fine. That is democracy. As President of France I will of course accept the outcome. Macron however does not want to give you that voice, rob you of that vote and silence the majority of the French people. He is an anti-democratic globalist and autocrat. Your vote is either for democracy against it. C'est ci simple.

Last 30 yrs, French Presidents from left (François Mitterrand) and right, all sort of (Sarko), came and left .. and .. things on "low flame" steady downhill

France needs a "Real Shake up" .. many issues must be "really" addressed.

Macron would be a continuation of same .. will lead to rupture down the road

Le Pen, similar to Trump, reboot things grassroots.

Votin for Le Pen.

82% .. :lol:

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

NNDgsw39m9s
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:NNDgsw39m9s
(for non-French speakers: this Italian psychiatry professor analyses Macron as a psychopath, following arrested psychological development during adolescence because of pedophilia, characterized today by pure narcissism, absence of remorse, weaknesses of identity - and particulary dangerous)

ECZKxuCrM2o

I have a number for you: 300

That's not a reference to Thermopylae. That's the number of 100-300 kt weapons in France's nuclear arsenal.

I do hope Prof. Segatori is mistaken.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Man, it would have been so fun to see her as President. So fun.
Heracleum Persicum

A man who marries a woman 24 years older should examine his brain AND his DICK, one or other out of order :lol:

end of debate

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

True, but he'll probably win. France on path to hell. Best to get out of the way.
Heracleum Persicum

History, Karl Marx once said, repeats itself
first as tragedy, then as farce.
.. :lol:

Back in June 2016, David Cameron and London's center-right establishment held a referendum on whether Britain should leave the European Union, confident the idea would never pass. But the race-baiting know-nothings of the U.K Independence Party convinced voters to go ahead with Brexit anyway.

A few months later, Hillary Clinton went head-to-head with Donald Trump for the American presidency. Once again, everyone seemed confident that Clinton, the avatar of the well-educated, over-qualified, upwardly-striving meritocratic class, would best Trump, an authoritarian used-car salesman with toxic attitudes toward women and immigrants. Trump now lives in the White House.

That brings us to Sunday's matchup. In one corner is Emmanuel Macron, a political independent and scion of French privilege, formerly an investment banker and an economic minister. In the other corner is Marine Le Pen of the National Front, whose reactionary stances on subjects like immigration are actually a softening of the party's former proto-fascism.

.. will Macron be more like Clinton, and lose to the forces Le Pen represents ?

Or will he be more like Obama and keep them at bay for a while longer ?

:lol: :D .. True

noddy

Post by noddy »

Alexis wrote:

(for non-French speakers: this Italian psychiatry professor analyses Macron as a psychopath, following arrested psychological development during adolescence because of pedophilia, characterized today by pure narcissism, absence of remorse, weaknesses of identity - and particulary dangerous)
hah, if your going to dr phil someone, no point half arsing it!
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Indeed.

Always suspicious of remote diagnosis, especially in a value laden field such as psychiatry
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Indeed.

Always suspicious of remote diagnosis, especially in a value laden field such as psychiatry
agreed. remote diagnosis...... is that anything link a think tank in cyberspace? ;) Some experts say reality stifles the imagination.
Heracleum Persicum

The 6 m Arab French will for sure vote against Le Pen .. if Macron and Le Pen are "head to head", 50/50 , that means Le Pen has vast majority among "non Arab" French.

"Arab French" do not define France destiny and policy .. meaning Le Pen is who the French want, overwhelmingly so

A Macron win would solve nothing, "kicking the can" will lead to worst situation down the road.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:
Indeed.

agreed. remote diagnosis...... is that anything link a think tank in cyberspace? ;) Some experts say reality stifles the imagination.
Since when is politics about painting your opponents in a truthful way? More like dirty paintball and using magical powers to frame your enemy as a looser already.

We might need to let go the idea that truth matters in politics. Just a good ol' mud fight will do. Cursing, stamping your feet and spitting your enemies in the face. Worked for millions of years in the animal kingdom. Trump won doing that. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

As the Presidential election is tomorrow, bon chance to la République.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Le Pen is going to be wiped out, correct? Any idea why so much drama?