Brazil

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Brazil

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

strange phenomena

all these naked woman in Rio Carnival, but, non has any sex appeal, non real sexy .. they all look like balloons

not so in

CARNEVALE di VENEZIA

XUrYP-8DqUg

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:strange phenomena

all these naked woman in Rio Carnival, but, non has any sex appeal, non real sexy .. they all look like balloons.
Well, Brazilian men don't like their women to be skinny and of doubtful child bearing capability... Their ideal is closer to our ancestral idea of female beauty...

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Endovelico wrote:Well, Brazilian men don't like their women to be skinny and of doubtful child bearing capability... Their ideal is closer to our ancestral idea of female beauty...

Reminds me of my mother-in-law.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:strange phenomena

all these naked woman in Rio Carnival, but, non has any sex appeal, non real sexy .. they all look like balloons.
Well, Brazilian men don't like their women to be skinny and of doubtful child bearing capability... Their ideal is closer to our ancestral idea of female beauty...

Sure they don't.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site ... jSVOrVSLuw
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Models don't count, you need to hit the beach. Endo's neolithic statue is %66 correct, lose the pregnant belly but keep the, ahem, top and bottom.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:Models don't count, you need to hit the beach. Endo's neolithic statue is %66 correct, lose the pregnant belly but keep the, ahem, top and bottom.
I have hit the beaches the night clubs have dated and am married to a brasileira. Brasilian men prefer women with slight figures and smaller breasts. In fact the number one cosmetic surgery in Brasil is breast reduction.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Models don't count, you need to hit the beach. Endo's neolithic statue is %66 correct, lose the pregnant belly but keep the, ahem, top and bottom.
I have hit the beaches the night clubs have dated and am married to a brasileira. Brasilian men prefer women with slight figures and smaller breasts. In fact the number one cosmetic surgery in Brasil is breast reduction.
You are talking of upper class Brazilian men. I lived for a year in Brazil and had a chance to see how common Brazilian women look like...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:
You are talking of upper class Brazilian men. I lived for a year in Brazil and had a chance to see how common Brazilian women look like...
I am certainly not talking about the Upper classes. I have eyes to Endo. I am not saying that all Brasilian women look like models. But I am saying that the idea that Brasilian men mostly prefer fat women(as was your original claim) is ludicrous. At least in the parts of Brasil I have been to. Sure many get married then grow old and fat.

I mentioned this to my wife. I won't tell you want she said. :lol:
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Doc wrote:I mentioned this to my wife. I won't tell you want she said. :lol:
Please do, in Portuguese if you want... I have a very healthy sense of humour and I could never get mad at a Brazilian woman...no matter how fat she may be... :P
planctom

Post by planctom »

Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:
I am certainly not talking about the Upper classes. I have eyes to Endo. I am not saying that all Brasilian women look like models. But I am saying that the idea that Brasilian men mostly prefer fat women(as was your original claim) is ludicrous. At least in the parts of Brasil I have been to. Sure many get married then grow old and fat.

I think Endo is right reagarding the preferences of upper class Brazilian men; I would say that the regular man likes women with a bigger but.
On the other hand, in recente years, there has been a change in this pattern, now women with bigger breasts from all social classes are proudly showing their atributes and the number of plastic surgeries for breast implants is just exploding. I just love that!
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:
Well that is decidedly not the image they are exporting.
Doc

Post by Doc »

planctom wrote:
Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:

I think Endo is right reagarding the preferences of upper class Brazilian men; I would say that the regular man likes women with a bigger but.
On the other hand, in recente years, there has been a change in this pattern, now women with bigger breasts from all social classes are proudly showing their atributes and the number of plastic surgeries for breast implants is just exploding. I just love that!
I am just saying calling them fat is ridiculous.

But either way they are definitely female :D

Not to mention that physical exercise is built into the culture

P4a-qbFMAAk
Doc

Post by Doc »

Not necessarily a from Brazil but gives an idea

http://thenuproject.com/galleries/women ... america-i/
planctom

No more BRICS...

Post by planctom »

...maybe bRICS or eve RICS.
Brazilian GDP grew only 0,9%, a very disapointig number , even with credit stimulus from the government.
And the inflation is rsing, currently now at 6%/year...
Typhoon

Re: No more BRICS...

Post by Typhoon »

planctom wrote:...maybe bRICS or eve RICS.
Brazilian GDP grew only 0,9%, a very disapointig number , even with credit stimulus from the government.
And the inflation is rsing, currently now at 6%/year...
6% per year? Ouch.

I vaguely recall my Brazilian colleagues telling me back in the high inflation times [early 1980's?] they would spend every morning moving money around trying to preserve some of it's value.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

I am off to Brazil for a couple of weeks on business. Will let you all know my impressions
planctom

Post by planctom »

Torchwood wrote:I am off to Brazil for a couple of weeks on business. Will let you all know my impressions
There is a new PM for You , Torchwood.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:I am off to Brazil for a couple of weeks on business. Will let you all know my impressions
Looking for to reading your impressions.

Please don't announce that you're going on a trip . . . and disappear from the board . . . like our missed ms ansuchin.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Typhoon wrote:
Looking for to reading your impressions.

Please don't announce that you're going on a trip . . . and disappear from the board . . . like our missed ms ansuchin.
Indeed. And please take care to mind the volcanoes.
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:Not necessarily a from Brazil but gives an idea

http://thenuproject.com/galleries/women ... america-i/
I'll don my Captain Obvious cape and note that only a small percentage of the global population looks good naked. Female or male.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

strange phenomena

all these naked woman in Rio Carnival, but, non has any sex appeal, non real sexy .. they all look like balloons

YMix

Post by YMix »

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ptyzk

NSFW answer to ALI's complaint. ;)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Economist | Protests in Brazil - The streets erupt
More broadly, the very middle class that Brazil has created in the past decade—40m people have escaped from absolute poverty, but are still only one paycheck from falling back into it, and 2009 was the first year in which more than half the population could be considered middle class—is developing an entirely new relationship with the government. They see further improvements in their living standards as their right and will fight tooth and nail not to fall back into poverty. And rather than being grateful for the occasional crumb thrown from rich Brazilians’ tables, they are waking up to the fact that they pay taxes and deserve something in return. Perhaps their government’s triumphalism over those shiny new stadiums was the final straw.
YMix

Post by YMix »

LxadF3G_QGA

Dramatic Video Appears To Show Police In Brazil Stopping Drug Smuggling Plane With Their Car
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... ePage=true
Brazil Under Pressure After Collapse at WCup Venue
SAO PAULO November 27, 2013 (AP)
By TALES AZZONI and STAN LEHMAN Associated Press
Associated Press

Part of the stadium that will host the 2014 World Cup opener collapsed Wednesday, killing two workers and aggravating already urgent concerns Brazil won't be ready for soccer's signature tournament.

The accident at the Arena Corinthians, known locally as the Itaquerao, could hardly have come at a worse time — just a week ahead of the draw that will determine the tournament's schedule and with the top names in soccer all descending on Brazil.

Preparations have been plagued by setbacks including cost overruns, stadium delays, accidents, labor strife and huge street protests in the run-up to the June tournament, once envisioned as a coming out party for South America's largest nation, which is also scheduled to host the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Already, public prosecutors and a workers union in Sao Paulo were demanding an investigation into conditions at the venue, saying work shouldn't resume until authorities deem the stadium safe.

Ricardo Trade, CEO of the local World Cup organizing committee, said authorities would determine if there is a need to suspend construction.

"There are seven months till the World Cup, not 10 days, so I don't believe this is going to cause delays. But there is absolutely no guarantee on this," Trade said in a telephone interview.

The accident could lead to recriminations between local organizers and world soccer's organization FIFA, which has set a December deadline for all 12 World Cup stadiums to be ready. The tournament begins June 12.

"I don't want to know about FIFA right now; we are worried about the families of the victims," said Andres Sanchez, former president of the Sao Paulo soccer club Corinthians, which is building the stadium. The club said workers will not return before a three-day mourning period.

The stadium was nearly finished before the collapse, which occurred when a construction crane crashed into a 500-ton metal structure. That structure then cut through the outer walls of the venue, destroying part of the outside of the building and slamming into a giant LED panel that runs across the stadium's facade.

Sanchez said it appeared the structure of the stadium was not compromised, meaning there should be enough time to recover before the World Cup.

"Structurally very little was affected," he said.

Six stadiums have already been declared ready for the games. But Brazil is racing against time to deliver the other six, and there is particular concern that the stadiums in Cuiaba, Manaus and Curitiba may not be ready by the end of December.

FIFA has said it would not accept the same delays that plagued stadium construction before soccer's Confederations Cup earlier this year, for which only two stadiums were ready on time.

Soccer's governing body said Wednesday that the "safety of workers is the top priority" to World Cup organizers and called on local authorities to "fully investigate the reasons behind such a tragic accident."

The Sao Paulo stadium, which cost nearly $360 million, will seat nearly 70,000 people.

It's scheduled to host six matches in all, including the opener and a semifinal. The stadium was initially expected to be built for June's Confederations Cup, but delays with financing prompted authorities to scrap the project from the World Cup warm-up tournament.

One of the dead workers, 42-year-old Fabio Luis Pereira, was inside a truck that was hit by the fallen metal structure. The other, 44-year-old Ronaldo Oliveira dos Santos, was taking a break in an area that was supposed to be clear.

"Unfortunately nobody saw him," Sanchez said. "He was napping."

The accident happened at lunchtime, so few of the nearly 1,700 workers were on the site when the crane collapsed.

"The sound was as loud as a thunderclap or a huge explosion," said Rodrigo Vessoni, a reporter with the sports newspaper Lance who witnessed the accident. "There was a lot of running around, a lot of shouting. It was frightening. Chills ran through my entire body."

A stonemason who was off at a cafeteria said it was lucky the accident happened when it did.

"If it hadn't been lunchtime there would have been many more deaths," said 32-year-old Evandro Pereira. "It was really very scary."

An official with construction company Odebrecht said a similar metal structure had already been installed with the same crane at the other side of the stadium earlier this year.

"Everything was being done according to procedure," said Frederico Barbosa, the site manager.

It wasn't the first problem with World Cup stadiums in Brazil.

One worker died last year during construction of a stadium in the capital, Brasilia, and one was killed at the Manaus stadium last March.

Another worker died in April at the new Palmeiras stadium, which may be used for teams training for games in Sao Paulo. Construction there was stopped for 10 days for when damage that was not as serious as the destruction Wednesday at the Corinthians stadium.

A few months ago, a Brazilian labor judge halted work at the Arena da Baixada in Curitiba for nearly a week until an inspection team approved safety changes made by contractors.

Other problems have seen heavy rains flood the construction site at Rio's Maracana Stadium last March, forcing the cancellation of a FIFA inspection visit. In May, a small part of the roof at Salvador's stadium collapsed from the weight of water that accumulated during a heavy rainstorm.

In Rio, the stadium that will host track and field events in the 2016 Olympics has been closed for several months because of fears that its roof could collapse. Renovation work is underway there