Falklands are theirs

Alexis

Falklands are theirs

Post by Alexis »

Referendum amongst Falklands population on their status as a UK overseas territory
The people of the Falkland Islands have voted overwhelmingly in favour of remaining a UK overseas territory.

Of 1,517 votes cast in the two-day referendum - on a turnout of more than 90% - 1,513 were in favour, while just three votes were against.
Case of Argentinian claim on Falklands (motto: "Las Malvinas sin nuestras", Falklands are ours) is closed.
Torchwood

Re: Falklands are theirs

Post by Torchwood »

Good job they are not Catholic though, what would the new Holy Father say...
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

A quick Google check confirmed the presumed context of this result:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_I ... mographics
The population of the Falkland Islands is primarily of British descent (about 70 percent of the population), mainly as a result of Scottish and Welsh immigration to the islands.[134] In the 2006 census, some Islanders identified themselves as of French, Gibraltarian, and Scandinavian descent.[135] Other minorities include those from Chile and Saint Helena, many of whom have become assimilated.[136] Among the few Argentines currently residing in the islands is Maria Strange, wife of the author and historian Ian Strange.[137]
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Latin America rallies around Argentina in Malvinas dispute

Question only is, whether Brits leave voluntary or must be pushed out

Enki

Post by Enki »

If Argentina tries to step to Britain, my money is on Britain again. I bet they don't even bag a prince this time.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Heracleum Persicum

Enki wrote:.

If Argentina tries to step to Britain, my money is on Britain again. I bet they don't even bag a prince this time.

If Argentina decides to confront Britain militarily, if so, not only all South America, Brazil and Mexico and and will be united against Britain, but South America will go nuclear

to prevent South America to go nuclear (a disaster for US) .. America will not backstop Britain anymore

Parallel exists with America/West backing Saddam in Iran-Iraq war and as a result Iran deciding to become a nuclear power

Same thing could happen with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and and and

all the above means

Britain will lose the confrontation, and, you Enki, will lose your money betting

Things have changed since 1982 .. Neither America nor Britain, nor Argentina nor Brazil same as B4

Malvinas is Argentinian territory occupied by enemy .. Period

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

There goes the Southern Hemisphere......

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

If Argentina decides to confront Britain militarily, if so, not only all South America, Brazil and Mexico and and will be united against Britain, but South America will go nuclear

to prevent South America to go nuclear (a disaster for US) .. America will not backstop Britain anymore

Parallel exists with America/West backing Saddam in Iran-Iraq war and as a result Iran deciding to become a nuclear power

all the above means

Britain will lose the confrontation, and, you Enki, will lose your money betting

Things have changed since 1982 .. Neither America nor Britain, nor Argentina nor Brazil same as B4

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

but South America will go nuclear to prevent South America to go nuclear (a disaster for US)
Probably a disaster for the Human/Chaos Monkey Race........

Likely that other Southern Hemisphere nations will go Nuke.....

Too many IrreDentists there too.......

More territorial disputes to nuke each other over..........

Orion Must Rise.........

Past time to get a sustainable remnant off planet............
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Re: There goes the Southern Hemisphere......

monster_gardener wrote:

all the above means

but South America will go nuclear to prevent South America to go nuclear (a disaster for US)

Orion Must Rise.........

Past time to get a sustainable remnant off planet...........

Monster, there is a simpler solution to all this than "Orion Must Rise"

Pretty much all mischief in present world, I would say @least 50% of it, is sponsored and done by Brits .. if Brits neutralized, most breally bad things happening today will disappear

A grave mistake by Adolf .. he should have taken care of Britain first B4 Russia

monster_gardener

Brits Depraved Sinful Chaos Monkeys but also the rest of us.

monster_gardener wrote:

all the above means

Orion Must Rise.........

Past time to get a sustainable remnant off planet...........

Monster, there is a simpler solution to all this than "Orion Must Rise"

Pretty much all mischief in present world, I would say @least 50% of it, is sponsored and done by Brits .. if Brits neutralized, most breally bad things happening today will disappear

A grave mistake by Adolf .. he should have taken care of Britain first B4 Russia

The Brits are Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkeys...........

But so are we Uz......

And so are the rest of the Human/Chaos Monkey race..........*

IMVHO now that the Chaos Monkeys have nukes, it's past time to get a sustainable remnant of Chaos Monkeys off the Earth so that they will survive whether it is the Chaos Monkeys or Mother Nature with her space rocks or other WMD who try to do the next Extinction Event........

Unless the Jesus/the Messiah/the Madhi arrives first.........

And that will likely be BIG TROUBLE too........ Darhel/Antichrist and all that..........

Maybe we will still need some off planet humans/chaos monkeys off planet as a remnant ;) :roll:

I encourage the Iranians/Pomegranates to pursue their nuke program but as the propulsion system for Orion Rockets so that Rustam will be remembered....**

A major reason Orion got cancelled here in Uz was that the Uz Air Force could find NO military application for it......... Hint...... Hint.......

Call them Rustam Rockets if you want........

An Orion Rocket called by another name will lift as well....... ;) :)

*With a few individual exceptions of which I am NOT one...........

** And maybe force Uz to get our space butts in gear............
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Enki wrote:If Argentina tries to step to Britain, my money is on Britain again. I bet they don't even bag a prince this time.
There isn't even a rationale. Its overwhelmingly English people who live on the island. This isn't a colonial situation where some other population is being ruled by a foreign power.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its certainly unclear why azari thinks spanish colonialists are more legitimate than british ones.
ultracrepidarian
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ibrahim wrote:
Enki wrote:If Argentina tries to step to Britain, my money is on Britain again. I bet they don't even bag a prince this time.
There isn't even a rationale. Its overwhelmingly English people who live on the island. This isn't a colonial situation where some other population is being ruled by a foreign power.
That was true the first time as well.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener

Seconded but there are rationales........ Bad Ones.........

Ibrahim wrote:
Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, Ibrahim.

I agree with your sentiment here but unfortunately there is more than one "rationale"....... Greed for Oil money, Chauvinism, Need for prole-feed to divert the masses from a failing economy etc......