Three U.S. "forward operating bases" in Honduras

Azrael

Re: Three U.S. "forward operating bases" in Honduras

Post by Azrael »

This thread is about Honduras and here you are fixated on defending Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq.

We already have a thread about Iraq.
cultivate a white rose
Doc

Post by Doc »

Azrael wrote:This thread is about Honduras and here you are fixated on defending Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq.

We already have a thread about Iraq.
Then why did you bring it up here?

viewtopic.php?p=50851#p50851

That is the second time you have brought up Iraq and the second time you have accused me of going off topic when it was actually you that started going off topic. What gives?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

My post was about Honduras.

I used Iraq as an example of faulty U.S. intelligence after you seemed so eager to believe leaks -- about Honduras -- without questioning their authenticity.

Nice try, though.

Can we get back to Honduras, or are you not through trying to sabotage and derail this thread?
cultivate a white rose
Doc

Post by Doc »

Azrael wrote:My post was about Honduras.

I used Iraq as an example of faulty U.S. intelligence after you seemed so eager to believe leaks -- about Honduras -- without questioning their authenticity.

Nice try, though.

Can we get back to Honduras, or are you not through trying to sabotage and derail this thread?
As I said you brought up Iraq.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

OK, you win. I mentioned Iraq in a post about Honduras. How dishonest of me. :roll:

Now can we get back to Honduras, or do you want to continue your tantrum?
cultivate a white rose
Doc

Post by Doc »

Azrael wrote:OK, you win. I mentioned Iraq in a post about Honduras. How dishonest of me. :roll:

Now can we get back to Honduras, or do you want to continue your tantrum?
No tantrum here over Honduras or Iraq.
Azrael

Honduras election

Post by Azrael »

Ousted president’s wife leads among Honduras candidates

Ousted four years ago in a coup, former Honduran President Manuel Zelaya isn’t eligible to run in the Nov. 24 election. But his wife, Xiomara Castro, formally launched her presidential campaign last month and has a narrow lead in polls.

article excerpt below:

In an interview, Zelaya said that if his wife is elected, “I’ll do whatever she tells me.”

“She is the most popular woman in Honduras, and it’s not because she’s my wife,” he said. “It’s because she took to the streets in protest [after the 2009 coup] and became the leader of a social movement.”

Zelaya said his wife was not available for an interview because she was recovering from knee surgery. But in a recent speech to supporters, she said Honduras had become “a sanctuary of paramilitaries and drug traffickers, where justice is bought and sold,” and described her country as stricken by “debt, poverty, death, systematic human-rights violations and the murder of journalists, peasants, lawyers, students and businessmen.”

Castro and Zelaya say they want to wrest power from the military and wealthy elites, and give it to the people through greater “participation.”

“Xiomara is going to give Honduran women a place in society that has always been denied to them,” Zelaya said.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

my views on Xiomara Castro

Post by Azrael »

If she follows Michelle Bachelet, good.

If she follows Hugo Chávez, very bad.

It is for the people of Honduras to decide. I wish them the best of luck.
cultivate a white rose