Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Simple Minded

Re: Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:no piles of skulls, no ghengis, just chinese, them buggers are anti immigration and pro capitalist.

poor ole lefties are having a bit of a spac about it and claiming cult behaviour hahahha how could their precious immigrants be so, ermm, not them.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... on-chances
That's the problem with the big tent approach, when the tent gets just so big, you become a minority........ :(

Getting "them" to join "us" dilutes the weight of "your" vote.... Bastards! :shock:
noddy

Post by noddy »

from my experience, mr p is a wet lefty compared to the chinese business diaspora.

the ironic part is the accusations of cult behaviour because they arent interested in progressive dogma hah, as if they havent heard it in its undiluted and most toxic forms.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:from my experience, mr p is a wet lefty compared to the chinese business diaspora.

the ironic part is the accusations of cult behaviour because they arent interested in progressive dogma hah, as if they havent heard it in its undiluted and most toxic forms.
C'mon. Don't be so closed minded. They just need more time and power. Venezuela wasn't built in a day....
YMix

Post by YMix »

All Blacks say listening bug found in their Sydney hotel room ahead of Bledisloe Cup clash

[...]

The device — described as similar to that used by law enforcement and spying agencies — was found inside a chair during a routine security search of the team's meeting room in a Sydney hotel on Monday.

The foam of the seat appeared to have been deliberately and carefully cut to make way for the surveillance device and then sewn or glued back together to be almost undetectable, according to the New Zealand Herald.

It was discovered after team management asked the security detail looking after them in Australia to sweep the room for bugs.
:|
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

haha.

least we have proper spy scandals, none of that nuclear blah blah.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

As the World's Wealth Rises,
Australia is the Biggest Winner

Low taxes, pretty beaches lure millionaires to Australia

They forgot the girls :lol: :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

For noddy

vUe4SbpN5-E

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ABC | Malcolm Turnbull orders inquiry following revelations ASIO warned parties about Chinese donations
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has ordered a major inquiry into the nation's espionage and foreign interference laws, amid concerns about Chinese influence in Australian politics.
Time to update that Banana Bender saying, "The Gold Coast. Beautiful one day. Japanese the next". :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

shock horror, in a globalised world countries are using those connections to influence each others politics.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:shock horror, in a globalised world countries are using those connections to influence each others politics.
Certainly every country engages in this. However, there is also a question of the level of success.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the level of success in australia has always been high, previously england, currently america and china have strong track records of pushing the government around and getting the rules they want.

I argue it from the other angle, the smaller countries that stand alone and un affiliated like certain lefties and islamics like to glorify spend their entire lives babbling conspiracy nonsense and whinging about how unfair it all is.

their is a price to be paid to sit at the table and japan pays it via america bases and copyright rules and australia pays it via those, plus an extra layer of chinese ownership and influence.

I couldnt care less, south america or africa are not good outcomes, being poor and isolated is only good in theory
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:the level of success in australia has always been high, previously england, currently america and china have strong track records of pushing the government around and getting the rules they want.

I argue it from the other angle, the smaller countries that stand alone and un affiliated like certain lefties and islamics like to glorify spend their entire lives babbling conspiracy nonsense and whinging about how unfair it all is.

their is a price to be paid to sit at the table and japan pays it via america bases and copyright rules and australia pays it via those, plus an extra layer of chinese ownership and influence.

I couldnt care less, south america or africa are not good outcomes, being poor and isolated is only good in theory
True, but it also splains how the people in the remote mountain villages of SimpleMindedStan are able to maintain their belief that their culture is superior to all other cultures.... and to continue to live lives of pure and total bliss worshipping me as a god!

So, there are some positive aspects to being poor, ignorant, and isolated...... :P
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:the level of success in australia has always been high, previously england, currently america and china have strong track records of pushing the government around and getting the rules they want.

True, but it also splains how the people in the remote mountain villages of SimpleMindedStan are able to maintain their belief that their culture is superior to all other cultures.... and to continue to live lives of pure and total bliss worshipping me as a god!

So, there are some positive aspects to being poor, ignorant, and isolated...... :P
im sure the soveriegn country of simplemindedstan lowered itself to cooperating with other suckers and earning money in quid pro quo arrangements to fund its lavish lifestyle in them hills.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
im sure the soveriegn country of simplemindedstan lowered itself to cooperating with other suckers and earning money in quid pro quo arrangements to fund its lavish lifestyle in them hills.
True enuff. As always, you don't miss much. But, reality should never influence "true faith."

What kind of halfass deity would I be if I could not grant comfort to my followers by empowering them with beliefs that feel good, regardless of any reality they may encounter?

;)
noddy

Post by noddy »

hah, "delayed, delayed gratification" is the new wisdom.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

MP. Golriz Ghahraman arrived in the country as a nine-year-old from Iran
studied human rights law at Oxford University and worked for the UN as a lawyer.

MP. Golriz Ghahraman arrived in the country as a nine-year-old from Iran, and studied human rights law at Oxford University and worked for the UN as a lawyer.

Ghahraman told Fairfax New Zealand she was “excited and really, really humbled”.

“I feel a sense of responsibility to the thousands of volunteers that helped me get here but also to everyone around the world who has reached out since I became a candidate,” she said. “Being someone from the Middle East making it to parliament is gratifying,” the daughter of Iranian political asylum seekers said.

“We get to stand as a counterpart to the politics of Trumpism and division and hate and Brexit, and I’m really proud of that.”

Look, guys , this says something about Kiwis

Head of British Colombia NDP becomes a SIKH, Canadian defence minister is a SIKH .. Member of Parliament in "New Zealand" an Iranian girl

noddy

Post by noddy »

very true azari, around the world, , its the old english colonies that live at the highest standards of multiculture and peaceful organisation.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

zyA21lDlQ9M

I'd say Go Milo Go, but how big and relevant is the regressed left problem in Auz? Isn't there a regressed right, alias corrupt opportunistic oligarchic monkey business too as everywhere else? Noddy you have the mic :)
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

much the same as the rest of the west im afraid.

inner city middle class guilt and universities are hot beds of progressive nonsense.

business owners, workers and chinese tend right wing.

rest dont give a lavender about much at all and vote for pork.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

very true azari, around the world, , its the old english colonies that live at the highest standards of multiculture and peaceful organisation.

Yes, true, agree, noddy

British lead the colonies to independence with peace .. non of British colonies went the bloodshed route .. South Africa, Rodesia .. non .. master of all that was letting go of INDIA , later , HongKong.

Nobody else could do it .. all other colonial powers would not let go, killing 100s of 1000s if not millions , Kongo, Indonesia, Vietnam, Algeria and and

Although I no fan of Brits, but , have to admit, they special breed of politicians

The new member of parliament is having her Twitter feed documented by
National archive as a testimony of the country’s 2017 election

“My Twitter feed is going into the national archive, it will be interesting for others to see what happens when for the first time a Middle-Eastern woman, a refugee, ran for parliament here,” says Ghahraman.

“Both the support and the attacks.”

Iranian-born Ghahraman’s Twitter page is a fascinating testimony to love and loathing in 2017.

There are the vile, racist attacks on her background and heritage. The suggestion that a terrorist has been elected to parliament, that she may enforce sharia law, smuggle a bomb into the debating chamber, or push back against New Zealand’s socially progressive culture.

Then, to balance it, there is the love. The outpouring of support from elated New Zealanders. The words of encouragement from admiring Australians, worn down by years of that country’s “Pacific solution”, cheers and congratulations from Brexit escapees and Trump survivors. All rallying around a woman who has proven the value and potential of every refugee life.

For Ghahraman the social media abuse was a reminder of what brought her into politics, and the Green party, in the first place – a life-long interest in protecting human rights, whether they be her own, or those of persecuted strangers on the other side of the world.

In 2012 Ghahraman shifted back to New Zealand after working as a prosector for the United Nations Khmer Rouge tribunal in Cambodia.

“I could see something had changed in NZ and it wasn’t for the better,” she remembers. “We were having our child poverty statistics criticized by the United Nations. We were doing things like prospecting for coal in our national reserves. Democratic institutions were eroding. Things like that kind of started to catapult me into wanting to be much more politically active.”

Ghahraman arrived in New Zealand at the age of nine after her family fled Iran. They sought asylum at the airport after arriving on a plane from Malaysia.

I had a very good Kiwi friend, very nice man, married to a French lady .. good friend of mine .. passed away 3 yrs ago .. miss Graham

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Parodite wrote:zyA21lDlQ9M

I'd say Go Milo Go, but how big and relevant is the regressed left problem in Auz? Isn't there a regressed right, alias corrupt opportunistic oligarchic monkey business too as everywhere else? Noddy you have the mic :)
_W-fIn2QZgg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

bon scott ac/dc is the only ac/dc :)
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Behrouz Boochani
exposed Australia's evil on Manus
The shame will outlive us all

In the camps the refugees were made to answer to numbers given to them as their new identity. Denied their names they were not even allowed their stories. Every attempt that could be made was made by the Australian government, from the petty to the disturbing, to deny journalists access to the Pacific lager. When it came to imprisoned refugees free speech became a crime: for some years any doctor, nurse or social worker in the camps who publicly reported on the many instances, now well-documented, of rape, murder, suicide and sexual abuse of refugees was liable to two years’ imprisonment.

Pfui , noddy , what is this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behrouz_Boochani

Behrouz Boochani graduated from Tarbiat Modares University with a master's degree in Political Geography and Geopolitics. Boochani worked as a freelance journalist for the Iranian newspapers Kasbokar Weekly, Qanoon, and Etemaad[2] where he published articles on Middle-East politics, minority rights and the survival of Kurdish culture.[3] He cofounded and produced the Kurdish magazine Werya.[2] In February 2013, the offices of Werya were raided by Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.[4] Boochani went into hiding for three months and on May 23, 2013, fled Iran. On his second attempt to make a boat crossing from Indonesia to Australia he was intercepted, detained on Christmas Island and after one month was transferred to the Manus Island detention centre in August 2013.[3]

While living in the Manus Island detention centre Boochani has published articles in several newspapers internationally such as "The day my friend Hamid Kehazaei died" in the Guardian newspaper[5] and "Life on Manus: island of the damned" in the Saturday Paper.[6] He has also published poems[7][8] and narrates his story in the documentary film "Nowhere Lines: Voices of Manus Island".[9] Boochani is also the subject of the play "Manus" written by playwright Nazanin Sahamizadeh.[10]

The film "Chauka, Please Tell Us the Time" was shot inside the Manus Island detention centre by Boochani, entirely on a mobile phone.[11] A review of "Chauka, Please Tell Us the Time" was written by the award winning writer Arnold Zable.[12] In March 2017, Boochani's plight was raised in the Australian House of Representatives by Australian parliamentarian Adam Bandt.[13] Boochani is on the shortlist for the Index of Censorship's Freedom of Expression Award in the category of Journalism.