Politics Down Under

Typhoon

Politics Down Under

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Re: Politics Down Under

Post by noddy »

"you aint seen nuthin yet"

all the international pressures, all the agendas of the various parties , all pointing towards a lower standard of living and a more desperate life.

the political options are as morbid as can be imagined, status quo career politicians with zero charisma or vision.

their will be no wakeup call because you cant magic options out of nothing - simmilar to the USA the parties are stuck with the talent they have and that talent has a talent for lacking in talent.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Been reading your main Aussie media a bit: the SMH, the Age, the ABC, etc.

They all come across as the Grauniad Down Under.

Anything like the UK Sun, "whose readers don't case who is in power as long as she has big tits"?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

over here the lads paper didnt bother pretending to be news but came as a small glossy weekly mag of tits, jokes and stupid stories - it was called 'the picture' and hasnt survived the internet age very well - havent seen it in years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_(magazine)

as for regular news, we only have 3 even tho it appears to be more and yes, they are all quite horrid.

abc, the age and news.com - the rest are all the last 2 with new logo's up top, same content.

the australian is news.com's vaguely more right wing and serious version but exists behind a paywall.

personally, i use blogs such as http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/ for business and politics news.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

telling it like it is.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Wot sup done nunnder?

Last I read, Strine elected a young Trump who was gonna screw up everything, then bam, news blackout!

Do the striners plan to flee to Canada? There's no way you wankers will be able to compete with all the Pomegranates there ya know....
noddy

Post by noddy »

his party back stabbed him and replaced him - this is not unusual in australian politics as the last 3 elections have had this happen and none of the elected prime ministers ended up being the actual ones.

on some levels this is a good thing, we avoid some of the personality politics and keep focus on the fact you are electing a party not a saviour.

on other levels its a nightmare of selfish little turdlets constantly knifing eachother instead of running the country.

'the new guy is the kind of smarmy creep who does give triangulators a bad name - he has represented both parties, he has no positions and changes opinions with the polls.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:his party back stabbed him and replaced him - this is not unusual in australian politics as the last 3 elections have had this happen and none of the elected prime ministers ended up being the actual ones.

on some levels this is a good thing, we avoid some of the personality politics and keep focus on the fact you are electing a party not a saviour.

on other levels its a nightmare of selfish little turdlets constantly knifing eachother instead of running the country.

'the new guy is the kind of smarmy creep who does give triangulators a bad name - he has represented both parties, he has no positions and changes opinions with the polls.
So your politicians are indentured servants to their parties, in a way not too surprising for those who view humans as herds.

Kinda like a sports team who cuts the player who scores the most. What a receipe for success!

Knifing each other, instead of running the country? Give them more knives, or maybe even guns?

Prior to Obama, or maybe even Clinton, l thought the US would never embrace third world cult of personality politics. Looking at Hollywood, and our obsession with celebrity, I was just being niave.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:his party back stabbed him and replaced him - this is not unusual in australian politics as the last 3 elections have had this happen and none of the elected prime ministers ended up being the actual ones.

So your politicians are indentured servants to their parties, in a way not too surprising for those who view humans as herds.

Kinda like a sports team who cuts the player who scores the most. What a receipe for success!
ahahha what a pleasant thought - no - that would only be true if it took 20 years of branch stacking, conniving and scamming to become the highest scorer.

we dont have a presidant type figure, we have a prime minister and they are the spokesperson for their party, if they lose the support of the party they are just another politician.
Simple Minded wrote: Knifing each other, instead of running the country? Give them more knives, or maybe even guns?
id pay to watch that - the guy you started this thread with (tony abbot, our resident aggressive conservative) did threaten to football tackle putin at one stage, he would be up for it.
Simple Minded wrote: Prior to Obama, or maybe even Clinton, l thought the US would never embrace third world cult of personality politics. Looking at Hollywood, and our obsession with celebrity, I was just being niave.
it appears to go back furthur than that to my outsiders view - you mythologise everything compared to the rest of us.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

ahahha what a pleasant thought - no - that would only be true if it took 20 years of branch stacking, conniving and scamming to become the highest scorer.

we dont have a presidant type figure, we have a prime minister and they are the spokesperson for their party, if they lose the support of the party they are just another politician.
Simple Minded wrote: Knifing each other, instead of running the country? Give them more knives, or maybe even guns?
id pay to watch that - the guy you started this thread with (tony abbot, our resident aggressive conservative) did threaten to football tackle putin at one stage, he would be up for it.
Simple Minded wrote: Prior to Obama, or maybe even Clinton, l thought the US would never embrace third world cult of personality politics. Looking at Hollywood, and our obsession with celebrity, I was just being niave.
it appears to go back furthur than that to my outsiders view - you mythologise everything compared to the rest of us.
Seems strange that people on opposite sides of the planet would have differing opinions..... once we are all absorbed into greater Persia it'll be better.

Regarding mythologizing of the past, I agree, I was talking in real time. People buying the pedaled tale.

Clinton was the first time in memory that the MSM turned southern redneck culture into urban erudite.

2008 was mind blowing. MSM went all in to get Obama appointed POTUS, Pope, and Savior. Best evidence I've ever seen that for some, politics is their religion.

You should have seen how many magazine covers he was on each month. Good fodder for One World Lockstep conspiratorists.

Elites and the unwashed working together for betterment of humanity. :D :o

:shock: F**k me! I think we had utopia for a while and we were so busy whining that "we" never noticed.

Oh well, maybe the Pomegranates can save us..... :P Obeewann Azeri you're our only hope!
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Seems strange that people on opposite sides of the planet would have differing opinions..... once we are all absorbed into greater Persia it'll be better.

Regarding mythologizing of the past, I agree, I was talking in real time. People buying the pedaled tale.

Clinton was the first time in memory that the MSM turned southern redneck culture into urban erudite.

2008 was mind blowing. MSM went all in to get Obama appointed POTUS, Pope, and Savior. Best evidence I've ever seen that for some, politics is their religion.

You should have seen how many magazine covers he was on each month. Good fodder for One World Lockstep conspiratorists.

:shock: F**k me! I think we had utopia for a while and we were so busy whining that "we" never noticed.
fair enough - i dont know so was only going by vague impressions, i seem to remember kennedy having alot of glamour and saviour to him but i most certainly are not in the thick of it so have no real clue what is going on :)
Simple Minded wrote: Oh well, maybe the Pomegranates can save us..... :P Obeewann Azeri you're our only hope!
i heard you can get the mensches on uber.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

fair enough - i dont know so was only going by vague impressions, i seem to remember kennedy having alot of glamour and saviour to him but i most certainly are not in the thick of it so have no real clue what is going on :)
Simple Minded wrote: Oh well, maybe the Pomegranates can save us..... :P Obeewann Azeri you're our only hope!
i heard you can get the mensches on uber.
Me thinks the glamour mostly clings to past pesidents. Getting assinated (that sounds sexual, I meant assassinated) is a sure path to sainthood.

Talking to those who were adults in 1963, mostly what they recall is the shock of the assassination. Kennedy was not a very popular president while alive.

In the US, the label democrat or republican is used mostly as a group indentity term, usually derogatory in intent. For the last decade or so most political ads, signs, bumper sticker are void of party designation. Almost as if even the candidates themselves wish to avoid association with their own party. Or vice versa.
Typhoon

Remember Bruce,

Post by Typhoon »

noddy

Post by noddy »

how does lesbian divorce work ? do they both get 3/4 of everything ?
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:how does lesbian divorce work ? do they both get 3/4 of everything ?
SJW: "that would only be... fair."
noddy

Post by noddy »

(R) John Howard - 12 years
------------------------------------
(L) Kevin Rudd - 3 years - backstabbed.
(L) Julia Gillard - 3 years - backstabbed.
(L) Kevin Rudd - 1 year - lost election.
(R) Tony Abbot - 2 years - backstabbed.
(R) Malcom Turnbull - 2 years - backstabbed.

each term is usually 3 years and until this century it was very very rare for a single term prime minister , a bad one would get 2 and a good one would get 3 or 4.

this is no longer the case and they spend so much time jostling for position and backstabbing you could easily forget they are meant to do more than fight with each other.
Last edited by noddy on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/l ... l/10159462

(R) Scott Morrison - fate uncertain.

6 prime ministers in 11 years, this one will have to be amazing to not lose the next election, so 7 in 12 is looking good at this stage.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Australian premier narrowly survives a Liberal Party leadership challenge but his eventual fall seems inevitable before next year's polls

Turnbull has so far had little success in bridging the ideological divide within the Liberals, and the scale of the swing against him in the ballot suggests his days are numbered. Turnbull’s foes will be keen to tip him out before the 2019 poll, which he is given little chance of winning. The polls must be held by May.
http://www.atimes.com/article/ahead-of- ... n-walking/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

he is already done and dusted. see above :)
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The entertaining and mellifluous body language lady found Mr.Turnbull to be a cowardly and deceptive figure.
noddy

Post by noddy »

without wishing to disparage the entertaining and mellifluous one.

https://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/ is his website, he has branded it as HIM and its impossible to find any liberal party branding.

that guy was in the labour (Lefty) party as a centrist left, then he joined the liberal (Right) party as a centrist right, then he back stabbed the solid right wing prime minister to become leader.

he was pro global warming in his centre left incarnation, anti it in centre right incarnation.
pro reforms, now anti
pro government take over of the internet, then anti, now 50/50 compromise.

etc etc.

helen keller could make that observation :)
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote:without wishing to disparage the entertaining and mellifluous one.
Oh! Go for it. I said she was entertaining and mellifluous; never said was perspicacious. :D

And for a further, gratuitous dig: she has the head of a Muppet. :D
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote: . . .

Quite.

Camelot.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This key point regarding the last PM and the current one appears to have been studiously avoided by the Western MSM.

Nature | Global warming tops the agenda as climate brings down a third Australian prime minister
Malcolm Turnbull is merely the latest leader to discover that action on emissions remains a difficult step to take.
A pity that the masses are unwilling to sit in the dark and freeze for the sake of speculative models and academic hubris.

One wonders if Ladbrokes is giving odds as to whether the virtue-signalling Canadian PM is next?