Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Simple Minded

Re: Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:thanks for the history lesson azari.

i never knew we stopped being hunter gatherers, amazing huh.

i also learnt i should make my life crapper so that someone in a few hundred years time can win a dick waving competition on country statistics.

brilliant!

besides, this isnt about me, this is about australia and its policies.

australia is anti startup, anti capitalist and has been since the middle class tookover in the post 60's culture wars.

its not fair if someone does better than someone else, the government should step in and stop it because it puts other peopels jobs at risk.

if australia was in charge of the world then henry fords cars would have been banned the moment they ran over the first kid

you have no idea what you are arguing about, or against when it comes to australia.

lucky for us we have lots of dirt and lots of beef,pork and wheat, so if we keep the population low enough, we will always be relevant because people always got to eat.

thats australia, its best not to overthink it because australians certainly dont, you will only confuse yourself.
How's this for not overthinking: poor, desperate, hungry people work harder than rich, satiated, fat bastards. Hard working people makes the country better. Make people poor, desperate, and hungry to make the country better.

here's my campaign slogan: "Vote for Simple Minded. He thinks less than us!" :P
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: How's this for not overthinking: poor, desperate, hungry people work harder than rich, satiated, fat bastards. Hard working people makes the country better. Make people poor, desperate, and hungry to make the country better.
damn man, you seem to have gotten the secret plans.
Simple Minded wrote:here's my campaign slogan: "Vote for Simple Minded. He thinks less than us!" :P
hah, you are up against some stiff competition.

first evidence, our previous prime minister offered to football tackle putin... i wish i was joking.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/n ... ion-change
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

the leader of the labour party (unionist lefties) in australia has set a historic new standard - 14% approval, which is pretty amazing, maybe even his dog would vote against him.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politic ... 97f665f11c
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Watching BBC-World .. Australia conference "Ethics"

She saying in Australia people do not get a job-interview if their name is "Sing" (Indian) .. they change their name to "Smith" or "Wang" to get a Job-interview

She saying Racism in Australia is increasing and destroying Australian dream

Live on BBC-World TV channel

noddy

Post by noddy »

bbc or guardian having a negative article on australia is shocking like fox having a negative article on iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... population

68% of australia was born overseas, their is no such thing as an australian and if having 70% of the population as foreigners is anti foreigner then the WORDS MEAN NOTHING.

retarded nonsense, gibberish from idiots.

the australia dream is dead but that dream certainly wasnt an english bitter luvvies dream so they wouldnt even know where to start.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Fwiw, I don't recall ever having read a positive article about Japan from the BBC.

_____ Back to the thread topic_____

FT | Backlash against Australian ‘nanny state’
“The image of Australians abroad as laid-back larrikins is certainly not true,” he says. “Australia is really quite uptight, which is typified by strict laws, bouts of moral panic in the media and the police and politicians keen to lecture people on good behaviour.”

Mr Leyonhjelm, a staunch defender of personal liberties, says he aims to “provide some intellectual ammunition to enable a pushback” against the laws.
Seems to support what you've been saying, noddy. Correct?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

pretty much.

their is no pushback against the nanny state, it just grows and grows - the tax dependent left wing love it and the puritan right wing love it

the laid back moderates by definition dont do jack about anything because they are laid back, and moderate.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

The fight for government handouts intensifies.

yuwprXAaSv0
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:The fight for government handouts intensifies.

yuwprXAaSv0
if only all ghettoes were as nice as Strine ghettoes.......
noddy

Post by noddy »

cute :) gave me a smile.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

FeNeiWZNZwM
noddy

Post by noddy »

if i had of smuggled a dog into australia, the dog would be put down and id be sitting on a fine of many thousands of dollars.

its nice how jumped up little celebrity assholes get a different legal system to the rest of us.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:if i had of smuggled a dog into australia, the dog would be put down and id be sitting on a fine of many thousands of dollars.

its nice how jumped up little celebrity assholes get a different legal system to the rest of us.
I agree 100%. What gets me is that he and his wife were cautioned previously; they had already gotten better treatment than most with that verbal warning.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its not like its some trivial thing, rabies and the various dog diseases that australia doesnt have are not things that any sane person would let happen lightly.

obviously not as important as johhny depp however.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

http://time.com/4344556/mount-everest-d ... w_facebook
An Australian woman who set out to climb Mount Everest to prove that “vegans can do anything” died Saturday after developing altitude sickness.

Maria Strydom, 34, had reached the final camp from the summit before she and her husband, Robert Gropel, both began suffering from high-altitude pulmonary edema, which caused fluid to build up in Strydom’s brain, the Washington Post reports.

Her husband survived and was taken to a Nepal hospital for treatment, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. “Physically he’s OK, we think,” Heinz Gropel, Robert’s father, told the Australian. “Mentally he is a mess. He’s just lost his wife. These guys were not amateurs, they were experienced climbers.”

Strydom had sought out to prove that she could scale the mountain while on a vegan diet, the Monash University lecturer told the university’s blog. “It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak,” Strydom said. “By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more.”
the good bit is it answers the question on if someone is a fitness freak and a vegan, which do they tell you about first.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:http://time.com/4344556/mount-everest-d ... w_facebook
An Australian woman who set out to climb Mount Everest to prove that “vegans can do anything” died Saturday after developing altitude sickness.

Maria Strydom, 34, had reached the final camp from the summit before she and her husband, Robert Gropel, both began suffering from high-altitude pulmonary edema, which caused fluid to build up in Strydom’s brain, the Washington Post reports.

Her husband survived and was taken to a Nepal hospital for treatment, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. “Physically he’s OK, we think,” Heinz Gropel, Robert’s father, told the Australian. “Mentally he is a mess. He’s just lost his wife. These guys were not amateurs, they were experienced climbers.”

Strydom had sought out to prove that she could scale the mountain while on a vegan diet, the Monash University lecturer told the university’s blog. “It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak,” Strydom said. “By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more.”
the good bit is it answers the question on if someone is a fitness freak and a vegan, which do they tell you about first.
also that vanity kills more people than eating meat......
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote:

sometimes you just have to shake your head while biting into a rack of lamb. Participation in feats of strength thing/physical ordeals is one of the oddest methods of piety for these ego fanatics. They all do it and there has to be a sociological point somewhere between the cauliflower.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

sometimes you just have to shake your head while biting into a rack of lamb. Participation in feats of strength thing/physical ordeals is one of the oddest methods of piety for these ego fanatics. They all do it and there has to be a sociological point somewhere between the cauliflower.
sometimes God has a wicked sense of humor, other times he just decides its time for someone to STFU.....

humility keeps you under the radar. its in tons of Bible passages.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

V41-uYPXw6I
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Up yours, mate.
An unprecedented quarter of Australians have given their first preference to parties other than the Labor and the Coalition — the highest primary vote for minor parties and independents in the country’s history — resulting in what is shaping up to be another hung parliament.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy , what happened ? ? suddenly "Tchingiz Khan" standing left of you

What happened ?

noddy

Post by noddy »

no piles of skulls, no ghengis, just chinese, them buggers are anti immigration and pro capitalist.

poor ole lefties are having a bit of a spac about it and claiming cult behaviour hahahha how could their precious immigrants be so, ermm, not them.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... on-chances
ultracrepidarian