Africa

Uche Americanus

Re: Africa

Post by Uche Americanus »

Ibrahim wrote:
Uche Americanus wrote:
When I was much younger I used them as a "babe magnet" and they worked wonders.

Damn, that's a good idea.

The success of this ploy also hints at the Freudian roots of anti-African prejudice among Europeans.

Ibrahim,

Are you a trouble maker? Just kidding. Seriously, I think that humans are very drawn to what is different. It creates excitement and the promise of exotic fulfilment. Most racists do not understand this aspect of human nature or they think that they can take actions to prevent it from happening. But nature will always assert itself.

Now, I wear suits more often than not. And I don't get as much attention or bites as I do when I wear my African attire.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Uche Americanus wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Uche Americanus wrote:
When I was much younger I used them as a "babe magnet" and they worked wonders.

Damn, that's a good idea.

The success of this ploy also hints at the Freudian roots of anti-African prejudice among Europeans.

Ibrahim,

Are you a trouble maker? Just kidding. Seriously, I think that humans are very drawn to what is different. It creates excitement and the promise of exotic fulfilment. Most racists do not understand this aspect of human nature or they think that they can take actions to prevent it from happening. But nature will always assert itself.

Now, I wear suits more often than not. And I don't get as much attention or bites as I do when I wear my African attire.
I have no problem with anybody dressing in traditional attire from anywhere, in fact I encourage it. It certainly doesn't make anybody less than a man. Indeed, some traditional garments have been worn for centuries, whereas the suit is about 150 years old. We'll see what lasts, my money is on desert robes in the long run.

But yes, clearly I'm a trouble maker. 8-)
Uche Americanus

Post by Uche Americanus »

The traditional attire is more comfortable to wear than suits and ties. It is loose, free flowing and keeps one cool all day long. I think it will outlast the suit.
noddy

Post by noddy »

fwiw, laughing at other peoples silly clothes crosses all cultural boundaries, internal and external and is perfectly harmless fun until you get the nasty combination of the hypersensitive uptight bumping into the insensitve boor, then its only fun from a distance with popcorn.

personally, i prefer euro styles in the colder times and looser more tropical clothing in the hotter times and think people that wear suits and the strangulation devices called ties in hot climates are semi retarded.
ultracrepidarian
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote: in the hotter times and think people that wear suits and the strangulation devices called ties in hot climates are semi retarded.
"Mad dogs and Englishmen..."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:fwiw, laughing at other peoples silly clothes crosses all cultural boundaries, internal and external and is perfectly harmless fun until you get the nasty combination of the hypersensitive uptight bumping into the insensitve boor, then its only fun from a distance with popcorn.

personally, i prefer euro styles in the colder times and looser more tropical clothing in the hotter times and think people that wear suits and the strangulation devices called ties in hot climates are semi retarded.
Indeed. I'm a big fan of "Cool Biz".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Jnalum Persicum

Africa Thread

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

“Africa is the continent of the future” – alluding to the vast natural wealth of the world’s largest landmass and the economic importance that it holds for Western powers.

During the 19th Century, the leading European powers – Britain, France, Belgium, Germany and Italy – raced to grab territories across the African continent in what was then called the “Scramble for Africa”. Millions of Africans were killed or starved as the European armies rivaled each other to loot the immense resources.

Back then, the European powers justified their criminal conquest and theft with a “civilizing mission” – the notion that the white man was bringing morality and democracy to backward black people. Today, such racist attitudes cannot be stated publicly. Another pretext for the conquest of Africa has to be found, with this time around the United States joining the Europeans.

The announcement this week that the US and France have been in secret talks on how to expand drone and other military operations in West Africa’s Sahel region points to the new pretext for foreign intervention in the continent. The supposed challenge is the alleged rise of militant groups in former French colony Mali and surrounding countries.

A military coup against Mali’s central government in the capital, Bamako, in March this year led to the takeover of the northern half of the remote desert country by Tuareg rebels. The Tuareg have been fighting a separatist insurgency for decades against the colonial-era borders.

However, Western media are now saturated with reports claiming that the Tuareg rebellion has become increasingly dominated by various shadowy militants groups, including al-Qaeda in the Maghreb (AQIM) and Ansar Dine.

According to Voice of America: “Hundreds of additional … fighters have deployed in northern Mali, as neighboring countries make plans to send troops to the troubled nation.” In another unconfirmed report, VOA claims: “The militants who seized the north have held public executions, amputations and floggings.”

French leader Francois Hollande has been most vocal in calling for foreign intervention. “The horrors can’t be tolerated,” he said.
Earlier this year, the British-based foreign policy group Royal United Services Institute concluded that “al-Qaeda” was setting up new bases across Africa and that is where Western states should focus their “war on terror”.

Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel this week added her voice to Western concerns about global security stemming from Africa’s Sahel and said that Germany would provide “material and logistical support” to the Malian army in its anticipated war with the northern militants. Merkel said: “Free democratic states cannot accept international terrorism gaining a safe refuge in the north of [Mali].”

more @ link

Said many times .. Africa the (resource) richest continent and the poorest

ME already lost for West

next fight is for Africa , to push west out of Africa

Nonc Hilaire

Re: Africa Thread

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:
next fight is for Africa , to push west out of Africa.
I have wondered about this. I can't see a good reason for the recent U.S. involvement in Mali, except that it leads to Nigeria. It's almost like the U.S. is drawing an arrow starting in Afghanistan pointing to the oil fields in Nigeria.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Azari loves pyscho third world dictators as long as they adopt suitable anti-western postures. Most of the third world is growing out of that syndrome because they, and not the West, are the primary victims. The West could not care less, indeed it simply reinforces prejudices; sensible people (as opposed to romantic hippies) could pity China under Mao, but nowadays it is respect with a tinge of fear.

Mali is merely an extension of the ME Islamist phobia. The rest of Africa will be left to China.
Last edited by Torchwood on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Africa Needs to Make its Own Way..... Might Convert the West

Post by monster_gardener »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.
“Africa is the continent of the future” – alluding to the vast natural wealth of the world’s largest landmass and the economic importance that it holds for Western powers.

During the 19th Century, the leading European powers – Britain, France, Belgium, Germany and Italy – raced to grab territories across the African continent in what was then called the “Scramble for Africa”. Millions of Africans were killed or starved as the European armies rivaled each other to loot the immense resources.

Back then, the European powers justified their criminal conquest and theft with a “civilizing mission” – the notion that the white man was bringing morality and democracy to backward black people. Today, such racist attitudes cannot be stated publicly. Another pretext for the conquest of Africa has to be found, with this time around the United States joining the Europeans.

The announcement this week that the US and France have been in secret talks on how to expand drone and other military operations in West Africa’s Sahel region points to the new pretext for foreign intervention in the continent. The supposed challenge is the alleged rise of militant groups in former French colony Mali and surrounding countries.

A military coup against Mali’s central government in the capital, Bamako, in March this year led to the takeover of the northern half of the remote desert country by Tuareg rebels. The Tuareg have been fighting a separatist insurgency for decades against the colonial-era borders.

However, Western media are now saturated with reports claiming that the Tuareg rebellion has become increasingly dominated by various shadowy militants groups, including al-Qaeda in the Maghreb (AQIM) and Ansar Dine.

According to Voice of America: “Hundreds of additional … fighters have deployed in northern Mali, as neighboring countries make plans to send troops to the troubled nation.” In another unconfirmed report, VOA claims: “The militants who seized the north have held public executions, amputations and floggings.”

French leader Francois Hollande has been most vocal in calling for foreign intervention. “The horrors can’t be tolerated,” he said.
Earlier this year, the British-based foreign policy group Royal United Services Institute concluded that “al-Qaeda” was setting up new bases across Africa and that is where Western states should focus their “war on terror”.

Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel this week added her voice to Western concerns about global security stemming from Africa’s Sahel and said that Germany would provide “material and logistical support” to the Malian army in its anticipated war with the northern militants. Merkel said: “Free democratic states cannot accept international terrorism gaining a safe refuge in the north of [Mali].”

more @ link

Said many times .. Africa the (resource) richest continent and the poorest

ME already lost for West

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari
Next fight is also for Africa to push the Evil Culture of Islam out of it.........

Africa needs to find its own way..... Get rid of corruption and exploiters be they Western or Middle Eastern or Eastern as China in Sudan.*

And maybe it is.......

Maybe even making converts in the West.........

Remembering conservative Episcopalians who are associating with the African Anglicans..........

Remembering an African Catholic Priest assigned to a parish near by........

Wondering if the next pope will be a Black African......

*And IMVHO Islam is an exploitative meme....... A Meme made for Raiders and Pirates on Land and at Sea.......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Jnalum Persicum

Torchwood wrote:.

Azari loves pyscho third world dictators as long as they adopt suitable anti-western postures. Most of the third world is growing out of that syndrome because they, and not the West, are the primary victims. The West could not care less, indeed it simply reinforces prejudices; sensible people (as opposed to romantic hippies) could pity China under Mao, but nowadays it is respect with a tinge of fear.

Torchi ,

please

name ONE, just ONE, democracy, non dictator, non autocrat that west is backing

ca ne exist pas

and

LEFT ALONE

people themselves will take care of their tyrants

Saddam or Marcos or Qaddafi or or, were they not massively backed by west, their people would have overthrown them easily .. same thing now in Indonesia or KSA or BAHRAIN .. 2/3 of Bahraini are on the street demonstrating when @ the same time America delivering anti crowed military equipment to that shithead calling himself King

Africans would overthrow all the corrupt thugs in Nigeria and and , if only west is chased out of Africa .. France and Europe stealing all African resources and now America coming to European help to suppress the African awakening

too late

will not work

Last edited by Jnalum Persicum on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Torchwood wrote:Azari loves pyscho third world dictators as long as they adopt suitable anti-western postures.
True but reciprocal. The West never met a psycho dictator they wouldn't fund and embrace as long as he was anti-communist, or, today, anti-Islamist. Turning on Mubarak instead of getting the CIA working overtime to subvert the opposition was a first for the US in African affairs.

Most of the third world is growing out of that syndrome because they, and not the West, are the primary victims.
In most cases its a push.
monster_gardener

One Example: South Korean democracy and more......

Jnalum Persicum wrote:

Torchi ,

please

ca ne exist pas

and

LEFT ALONE

Saddam or Marcos or Qaddafi or or, were they not massively backed by west, their people would have overthrown them easily .. same thing now in Indonesia or KSA or BAHRAIN .. 2/3 of Bahraini are on the street demonstrating when @ the same time America delivering anti crowed military equipment to that shithead calling himself King

Africans would overthrow all the corrupt thugs in Nigeria and and , if only west is chased out of Africa .. France and Europe stealing all African resources and now America coming to European help to suppress the African awakening

too late

will not work

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.
There are more but since you asked for one.....Why not what is perhaps the best.......

South Korean democracy vs. the Kim IL Devil family who run the cold Hell on Earth called North Korea.
A place so BAD that people try to escape from it to China!!!!

Japan would be another example.........

You did not specify Africa and mentioned Marcos who is an Asian example.......

Even the Phillipines would qualify these days now that the Dragons are throwing their weight around.......

Oz..........

New Zealand.........

And for that matter all of Western Europe vs. the Soviets

And until Obama, many of the East Euros vs. Russia..........

Even Mexico vs. the Narcos.............

And for that matter Canada.......... especially since Harper seems Determined to Deliver you all ;) to the Dragons..........
Sometimes but not always...........

Can take decades.........

North Korea........... Soviet Union...... Mainland China..........
Jnalum Persicum

Re: One Example: South Korean democracy and more......

monster_gardener wrote:
Jnalum Persicum wrote:

Torchi ,

please

ca ne exist pas

and

LEFT ALONE

too late

will not work

There are more but since you asked for one.....Why not what is perhaps the best.......

South Korean democracy vs. the Kim IL Devil family who run the cold Hell on Earth called North Korea.

Even the Phillipines would qualify these days now that the Dragons are throwing their weight around.......

Oz..........

New Zealand.........

And for that matter Canada.......... especially since Harper seems Determined to Deliver you all ;) to the Dragons..........

North Korea........... Soviet Union...... Mainland China.........

Korea is an occupied country, very much like Vietnam was

Southern part of Korea is American .. and .. northern part is Chinese

West, America, pump money into Southern Korea (all Korean industry was in reality Japanese transplant) to counter China in Northern Korea .. still same story

Japan built up Southern part of Korea as compensation of war crimes against Korea, but did not pay anything to northern part .. that is why north sending those missiles over China

So, neither Korea nor Japan is a sample in this regard

but

Monster

that Myanmar murderous military junta .. your enemy just yesterday .. now you guys good friends .. those guys and Afghanistan produce 95% of opium in the world and they you guys best friends :lol:

No, Monster, there is no REAL democracy in 3rd world that America backing, in contrary.

monster_gardener

South Korea, the Phillipines & Hell a.k.a. North Korea......

Jnalum Persicum wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:
Jnalum Persicum wrote:

Torchi ,

please

ca ne exist pas

and

LEFT ALONE

too late

will not work

Oz..........

New Zealand.........

North Korea........... Soviet Union...... Mainland China.........

Korea is an occupied country, very much like Vietnam was

Southern part of Korea is American .. and .. northern part is Chinese

West, America, pump money into Southern Korea (all Korean industry was in reality Japanese transplant) to counter China in Northern Korea .. still same story

Japan built up Southern part of Korea as compensation of war crimes against Korea, but did not pay anything to northern part .. that is why north sending those missiles over China

So, neither Korea nor Japan is a sample in this regard

but

Monster

that Myanmar murderous military junta .. your enemy just yesterday .. now you guys good friends .. those guys and Afghanistan produce 95% of opium in the world and they you guys best friends :lol:

No, Monster, there is no REAL democracy in 3rd world that America backing, in contrary.

Southern part of Korea is American ..
There is a lot of American influence but there is a lot of American influence worldwide, including Canada.

The language and culture are still Korean and the South Koreans can tell Uz to go home any time they are crazy enough to do that with the Son of the Devil of the Cold Hell just a few miles away across the border......
and .. northern part is Chinese
IMVHO it might be much better for the North Koreans if that were true and China annexed North Korea.........

North Korea may be better described as a semi-feral junkyard dog that kills half Dragon children on the sly but that China tolerates as the rabid son of a bitch rattles the nerves of South Koreans, Japanese and Uz with its barking and biting nuclear and otherwise.........

Not so fast, Azari......... Since you want to confine it to the 3rd World.......... I also mentioned the Philippines..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillipine ... government

They asked Uz to leave........ We left.......... Now they want Uz back.........
Jnalum Persicum

Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote: in the hotter times and think people that wear suits and the strangulation devices called ties in hot climates are semi retarded.
The decline of the Roman empire started when the governors and troops on the northern frontier started to wear trousers, like the natives, instead of climatically unsuitable tunics and togas.

The decline of the British empire when their equivalents stopped dressing for dinner in the Indian Hot Weather.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Torchwood wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
The decline of the Roman empire started when the governors and troops on the northern frontier started to wear trousers, like the natives, instead of climatically unsuitable tunics and togas.

The decline of the British empire when their equivalents stopped dressing for dinner in the Indian Hot Weather.
The lesson is clear: you have to be insane to try and built and maintain an empire by force. Once you start making small concessions to reality the whole edifice starts to crumble.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BT7EhPTzA4

America (suddenly) discovers Africa :lol:
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZailZpaV9rU

:lol: :lol:

Africa rising up .. not yet started
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It's been over 60 years since independence in the Belgian Congo.

Blaming former colonials for current problems no longer works.
Africa rising up .. not yet started
Sure. Any day now . . .

OWD | Global access to energy