Al-Shabbab attack at Nairobi mall

Ibrahim

Al-Shabbab attack at Nairobi mall

Post by Ibrahim »

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... 3V20130921
Islamists claim gun attack on Nairobi mall, at least 30 dead
By Edmund Blair and James Macharia

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Gunmen stormed a shopping mall in the Kenyan capital Nairobi on Saturday, killing at least 30 people including children and sending scores fleeing in panic, in an attack claimed by the Somali Islamist group al Shabaab.

Shooting continued hours after the initial assault as troops surrounded the Westgate mall and police and soldiers combed the building, hunting the attackers shop by shop. A police officer inside the building said the gunmen were barricaded inside a Nakumatt supermarket, one of Kenya's biggest chains.
They are also live-tweeting the attack, which is insane. I'm not linking to that, dig it up if you want.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Cute but Murderous Islamic Drones with Chocolate.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... 3V20130921
Islamists claim gun attack on Nairobi mall, at least 30 dead
By Edmund Blair and James Macharia

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Gunmen stormed a shopping mall in the Kenyan capital Nairobi on Saturday, killing at least 30 people including children and sending scores fleeing in panic, in an attack claimed by the Somali Islamist group al Shabaab.

Shooting continued hours after the initial assault as troops surrounded the Westgate mall and police and soldiers combed the building, hunting the attackers shop by shop. A police officer inside the building said the gunmen were barricaded inside a Nakumatt supermarket, one of Kenya's biggest chains.
They are also live-tweeting the attack, which is insane. I'm not linking to that, dig it up if you want.
Thanks for the post, Ibrahim.

But you left out some of the most important stuff........
One woman leaving the building told a journalist that one of the attackers had told all Muslims to leave the area.
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... 3V20130921

That tallies with what I heard on the radio and read elsewhere: Muslim Mass Murderers going to the Food Court of the Mall and telling Muslims to leave before spraying the area with gunfire...........

What a shame that the mall patrons seem not to have been armed and willing to give better than they got........

Or that the Mall didn't have at least one Japanese style police box with armed officers.....

I have seen this done in America..... VERY good idea....... If you are not going to allow armed patrons, you should have to provide armed guards....

More details on the attack........
The gunmen, the man said, released the children who were still alive and informed his injured wife that she, too, could leave if she converted to Islam, making her recite the Shahada, Islam’s basic profession of belief.
I suspect you might be filled with rage, Ibrahim, if Western troops tried a stunt like that......

Forcing a conversion....... :shock:

Then the gunmen handed chocolates to the children as they left the mall, the man said.
Isn't that cute? ;) :twisted: :roll:

Kill Daddy, hurt Mommy and make her convert to the vile murderers religion and then give chocolate to their children........

Kenya's president says he lost family members in the terrorist attack at a Nairobi mall.
Oops.......

That might make things "personal"....... :shock:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/afr ... ory_1.html

For me, Jihadi Muslim Murderers like this might as well be drones ;) :twisted: :evil: :roll:

Evil congratulations to the Islamic Sociological Engineers beginning with Mohammed who made this and similar possible with their programming of the Malignant Malicious Jihadi Meme......
Last edited by monster_gardener on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener

Islamic Drone Twits Tweet........

Thanks for the thread, Ibs.

Tweets of the Islamic Drone Twits.........

They call non Muslims "kuffar"......

I call them Islamic drones........

Al-Shabab, a Qaida-linked Somali insurgent group known for brutal, terroristic tactics, has claimed responsibility for the grisly massacre at a mall in Nairobi today. That in itself is unsurprising: The perpetrators of political violence have long sought media attention for their cause. What is new is the degree to which al-Shabab in particular makes use of social media to broadcast its side of the story directly to the public.

As I wrote in a 2011 feature story about the group’s Twitter presence, al-Shabab has long made canny use of the platform both to rile its enemies and to counter mainstream-media portrayals of its actions and aims. For months it carried on a Twitter feud with Kenya’s military spokesman, Emmanuel Chirchir, as Shabab fighters clashed with Kenyan forces bent on incapacitating it. (Kenya has led offensives into Somalia in recent years, apparently with the tacit approval of the Somali government, which has struggled to put down the insurgency.)

Al-Shabab’s former Twitter accounts, including @HSMPress and @HSMPress1, have been suspended in the past, likely under a clause in the Twitter Terms of Service that prohibits direct threats of violence. Each time, however, the group simply creates a new account. On Sept. 10 I got an email from the group’s press office informing me that I could now follow the new handle @HSMPress, “for the Mujahideen's take on the events in Somalia as well as current events in the wider global context.”

Today, as the bloodshed has unfolded in Nairobi, @HSMPress has been tweeting along in an apparent bid to explain and justify the killers’ actions. The tweets may give some insight into the group’s thinking, but take them with salt: The group’s allegiance to facts is tenuous, and there is a strong chance that its attempts to justify the slaughter of unarmed civilians will make you seethe.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... oting.html
monster_gardener

British & American Somalis are the Al Queda attackers.....

Thank You for the thread, Ibs.

Heard on Headline News & other media outlets this morning: Reports are that a British woman & American Somalis are among the Al Queda attackers of the Nairobi mall...

That 40 Somali Americans have been recruited by Al Queda.

Fears that they will return to America to do mischief..

That many are from the Minneapolis - St. Paul area............

Yes, the place where I reported that the Muslim Taxi drivers were trying to enforce Islamic rules about no alcohol even in sealed containers & even seeing eye dogs in taxis.....

IMVHO it is crazy to let enemies like these enter America.............

Americans who join Al Queda or similar should be considered to have renounced their citizenship or residency.....

Fox/Associated Press link
Meanwhile, the FBI and U.S intelligence officials are "aggressively" investigating whether or not Americans were among the militants who attacked the mall, a federal law enforcement source told Fox News.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/23 ... z2filqiU42

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/23 ... s-in-mall/
Ibrahim

Re: Al-Shabbab attack at Nairobi mall

Post by Ibrahim »

m_g's unsubstantiated and bigoted anti-immigrant claims aside, some reprisal raids by US forces in two African countries:

(CNN) -- Two secret blitzes. Two high-value targets. Two very different results.

U.S. forces launched dual raids on the northern and eastern coasts of Africa over the weekend in the hunt for two alleged terrorists: Abu Anas al Libi, a suspected al Qaeda operative wanted for the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and an Al-Shabaab foreign fighter commander named Ikrima.

American forces snatched al Libi in the Libyan capital Saturday morning. But 3,000 miles away, the plan to catch Ikrima didn't go as planned. Navy SEALs came under heavy fire during their raid and had to retreat -- not knowing whether Ikrima was dead or alive.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/world/ter ... _inthenews

Potential shift from the failing/faield drone policy? Though arguably the ability to drive of "SEAL Team 6" is a feather in the cap of al-Shabaab.

Hopefully al-Libi isn't being tortured, but a good grab of a legitimate target who may also yield useful intelligence if handled correctly.
monster_gardener

Feathers in their caps.....Or other headgear......

Ibrahim wrote:m_g's unsubstantiated and bigoted anti-immigrant claims aside, some reprisal raids by US forces in two African countries:

(CNN) -- Two secret blitzes. Two high-value targets. Two very different results.

U.S. forces launched dual raids on the northern and eastern coasts of Africa over the weekend in the hunt for two alleged terrorists: Abu Anas al Libi, a suspected al Qaeda operative wanted for the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and an Al-Shabaab foreign fighter commander named Ikrima.

American forces snatched al Libi in the Libyan capital Saturday morning. But 3,000 miles away, the plan to catch Ikrima didn't go as planned. Navy SEALs came under heavy fire during their raid and had to retreat -- not knowing whether Ikrima was dead or alive.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/world/ter ... _inthenews

Potential shift from the failing/faield drone policy? Though arguably the ability to drive of "SEAL Team 6" is a feather in the cap of al-Shabaab.

Hopefully al-Libi isn't being tortured, but a good grab of a legitimate target who may also yield useful intelligence if handled correctly.
Thank you for your post, iBS.
a feather in the cap of al-Shabaab.
I believe I would not mind seeing many feathers in the caps or other headgear of all al-Shabaab members who work toward its aims...... ;)

Fletching feathers of arrows buried in the caps or other headgear worn by the Kenya Mall Muslim Murderers and their supporters.... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow#Fletchings