India

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Doubt Uneducated Know of Akbar or Gobind Singh..

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:Not to question an uneducated and violent bigot like m_g over his mastery of Indian history, but anybody actually reading his trash post should be aware he's quoting the text as if it was my own and responding to me directly as though I wrote it, which is not the case.
Thanks for your post, Ibrahim but ;) ............

I rather doubt that 'uneducated and violent bigots' here in America even know about Akbar who tried to syncretize Hinduism & Islam* or Nanak & Gobind Singh who managed to do it successfully to this day and in the case of Gobind Singh, who ended up fighting Akbar the Great's sad, bigoted ;), Muslim religious fanatic, Not So Great ;) Grandson Aurangzeb the World Seizer ;) :evil: :roll:
he's quoting the text as if it was my own and responding to me directly as though I wrote it, which is not the case.
Not so and that was not my intent.

As I normally do, I quoted the original post in its entirety before excerpting any part of for discussion.

I believe that most ;) of the forum's readers are capable of determining who wrote what............

But so that even a Lying, Pompous Prevaricator ;) will not be misled, I will edit the quote details

For the record, I do not believe or claim that you ;) wrote the article**

And since you posted it here on OTNOT, I am responding to you about the author's post here on OTNOT.

Hope you can understand that if you work hard at it........ ;) :lol:

* and more......

**Unless, of course, in the unlikely event that Richard Eaton is one of the secret identities of the Stupor Villain ;) Ibrahim the Pompous Prevaricator :lol:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Ibrahim

Re: Doubt Uneducated Know of Akbar or Gobind Singh..

Post by Ibrahim »

monster_gardener wrote:I rather doubt that 'uneducated and violent bigots' here in America even know about Akbar who tried to syncretize Hinduism & Islam* or Nanak & Gobind Singh who managed to do it successfully
Just the uneducated and violent bigots with access to wikipedia.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: India

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

India's Supreme Court reinstates ban on gay sex

Section 377 of India's penal code bans "sex against the order of nature", which is widely interpreted to mean homosexual sex. The colonial-era rule dates back to the nineteenth century.

The Supreme Court's move came as a shock to gay rights activists, ....

monster_gardener

Wik, Weak & Wrong ;-)..... Flyte Wings Its Way....

Ibrahim wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:I rather doubt that 'uneducated and violent bigots' here in America even know about Akbar who tried to syncretize Hinduism & Islam* or Nanak & Gobind Singh who managed to do it successfully
:lol:

Thanks ;) for the post, iBS.

Rest of the Flyte/Post flown ;) to the Somewhat Off Topic Refutation thread in Hel ;) per Baldur's ;) oops I mean Doc's suggestion...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1498&p=67220#p67220
monster_gardener

Female Indian Diplomat Strip Searched.

Thank You Very Much for maintaining the Forum, Admins, Typhoon & YMix

Female Indian Diplomat Strip Searched...... Over a domestic worker pay & visa dispute.........
These are tense times in U.S.-India relations. And it's all because of how agents with the U.S. Marshals Service treated Devyani Khobragade when she was recently arrested and detained.

The 39-year-old deputy counsel general of India was taken into custody in New York on December 12 after she dropped her daughter off at school, and she was charged with visa fraud for allegedly lying on the application that she filled out to get permission for her nanny to legally work in the United States.

Court documents allege that she stated on the application that she was paying the nanny the minimum wage in New York -- $9.75 per hour, when she was really only paying her what worked out to be about $3.31 per hour.

Even that part of the story is fuzzy. Imagine someone coming into your home and calculating what you're paying a housekeeper or nanny or gardener by the hour, when you're paying them a flat rate for the day. I know friends who have live-in nannies, and those baby sitters are essentially on-call around the clock. They're probably making less than minimum wage as well, but with room and board thrown in.
U.S. strip searches Indian diplomat
Arrest sparks diplomatic feud

Anyway, what happened next isn't being disputed by either side.

Khobragade was put in a holding cell with other female detainees and strip-searched. She eventually posted bond, and she was released. She is now staying at India's Permanent Mission to the United Nations.

The U.S. Marshals Service claims that a strip-search is standard operating procedure and that none of its policies were violated in this case. A spokesman says that Khobragade was treated just like anyone else.

That's the problem. Khobragade is not just like anyone else. She is a diplomatic officer with limited immunity. She's in the United States representing a proud country filled with reserved and modest people, many of whom consider a strip-search to be, as one Indian official said, "barbaric."

This is a country that in recent years has had good relations with the United States and where we have foreign officers stationed who we expect to be treated fairly and humanely.

Besides, she is not a violent criminal or a terror suspect, and she doesn't appear to be a threat to public safety.

If there is a labor law violation here, it would a civil crime, not a criminal offense. And if the U.S. government is going to throw the book at people who mistreat workers, I could -- as someone who writes about the immigration issue -- provide dozens of names of U.S. citizens, from farmers to soccer moms, who belong in a lineup.

Lying on a visa application is no small matter, but we're still not sure that is what happened given how wages are sometimes arrived at. Either way, it does seem that U.S. marshals might have overreacted in this case.
IMHO this is really STUPID...........

Even if she is guilty of the charges........

Doubly stupid because recently a gang of Russian Diplomat/Thieves/Con-Artist were NOT arrested after they ripped off US for millions..... :roll:

IMHO not racism because the prosecutor in both cases is the same Indian-American himself.....

But does NOT look good..........

Wonder if this is just stupidity or something more.............

At the same link:
IndianGuy

Absolutely correct. Most posters here are unaware that on December 5 2013, 49 Russian embassy staffers were charged with defrauding the US healthcare system to the tune of 1.5 million. The same NY prosecutor, Preet Bharera, said that in order to arrest the accused, they would have to ask for waiver of dipolmatic immunity from Russia. Otherwise, they cannot be arrested but only deported. Where was this wisdom when the indian diplomat was arrested? This is the pinnacle of hypocracy. The question is not whether the indian diplomat broke the law (which by the way is still unproven and the author of this article has drawn a very appropriate parallel with the live in baby sitters, who would also be considered victims by the same logic that was applied to the indian diplomat's situation). The issue here is the violation of international protocols.
Also:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... z2oEZHnZLa

Also:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/is-us-at ... 95701.html
Heracleum Persicum

Main charge is the Indian nanny she brought from India is paid $ 3 an hour, below NY minimum wage

well, $ 3 an hour is what a Bank manager gets in India :lol:

Yes, Monster, you guessed it : America bugging India because India now warming to Iran

“Anyone but Iran,” is what the United States is telling India, as America attempts to persuade the country to go elsewhere for its oil needs.

India deflects Israel's Iran warnings

Conclusion

It is indeed going to be very interesting to see the warming of relations between Israel and China on one hand, and the US and Iran on the other. India, which is sandwiched in between, will have to navigate its foreign relations very tactfully in order to preserve its wider national interests.

India had to really walk a tightrope last year as a result of the attack on an Israeli diplomat. Israel accused Iran for such attack wherein Delhi was used as their battleground. Many in India and elsewhere blamed these two Middle Eastern countries for bringing their conflicts into the Asia-Pacific region.

Keeping in mind the strategic importance of Israel and Iran ties, India is very uneasy about the tensions mounting up between the former two, especially in the recent days.

Despite India's act of delicate balance while maintaining its relations with Israel and Iran simultaneously, it is going to be increasingly difficult for New Delhi to continue with the same policy.

India must be cognizant of the changing reality of the Israeli-Iranian standoff. As a result, it must strive unrelentingly to convince both the Middle Eastern countries to solve their crisis through diplomatic measures. For this, New Delhi needs to juxtapose its national interests vis-a-vis Israel and Iran and should take up a very proactive role as a mediator. Finally, India should separate its Iranian policies from that of Israeli strategic policies and should not let one dictate the other.

Mosche would not let go :lol:

monster_gardener

Imitation, Orders, or Bozos Down Below....

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Main charge is the Indian nanny she brought from India is paid $ 3 an hour, below NY minimum wage

Yes, Monster, you guessed it : America bugging India because India now warming to Iran

“Anyone but Iran,” is what the United States is telling India, as America attempts to persuade the country to go elsewhere for its oil needs.

Conclusion

It is indeed going to be very interesting to see the warming of relations between Israel and China on one hand, and the US and Iran on the other. India, which is sandwiched in between, will have to navigate its foreign relations very tactfully in order to preserve its wider national interests.

India had to really walk a tightrope last year as a result of the attack on an Israeli diplomat. Israel accused Iran for such attack wherein Delhi was used as their battleground. Many in India and elsewhere blamed these two Middle Eastern countries for bringing their conflicts into the Asia-Pacific region.

Keeping in mind the strategic importance of Israel and Iran ties, India is very uneasy about the tensions mounting up between the former two, especially in the recent days.

Despite India's act of delicate balance while maintaining its relations with Israel and Iran simultaneously, it is going to be increasingly difficult for New Delhi to continue with the same policy.

India must be cognizant of the changing reality of the Israeli-Iranian standoff. As a result, it must strive unrelentingly to convince both the Middle Eastern countries to solve their crisis through diplomatic measures. For this, New Delhi needs to juxtapose its national interests vis-a-vis Israel and Iran and should take up a very proactive role as a mediator. Finally, India should separate its Iranian policies from that of Israeli strategic policies and should not let one dictate the other.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.
Nope.

Actually, the stupidity, arrogance and lawlessness of this act reminded me of the Klown in charge of this mis-Administration: oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon.

Was wondering if the prosecutor was told to do this or if he was simply imitating the Boss Klown at the top & his lawless corporate culture

Or if this was stupidity at a lower level.....

Some improperly trained/uncaring/unthinking and/or malicious Bozo Down Below on autopilot following poorly thought out orders from above......

oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon is NOT famous for his competency except at electioneering ;) :twisted: :roll:

Another possibility is that oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon, is doing this deliberately in an effort to harm America and make it weaker...... :twisted: :roll:

I hope that even I would hesitate to do this to a diplomat unless it was an Immediately Dangerous to Life & Health situation.....

This reminds me too much of the Iranians who over-ran the American Embassy in Teheran so long ago....... :evil: :roll:
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Imitation, Orders, or Bozos Down Below....

monster_gardener wrote:

Conclusion

Nope.

Actually, the stupidity, arrogance and lawlessness of this act reminded me of the Klown in charge of this mis-Administration: oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon.

Was wondering if the prosecutor was told to do this or if he was simply imitating the Boss Klown at the top & his lawless corporate culture

Some improperly trained/uncaring/unthinking and/or malicious Bozo Down Below on autopilot following poorly thought out orders from above......

oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon is NOT famous for his competency except at electioneering ;) :twisted: :roll:

Another possibility is that oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon, is doing this deliberately in an effort to harm America and make it weaker...... :twisted: :roll:

I hope that even I would hesitate to do this to a diplomat unless it was an Immediately Dangerous to Life & Health situation.....

This reminds me too much of the Iranians who over-ran the American Embassy in Teheran so long ago....... :evil: :roll:

Notion, these kind of things, arresting Strauss Kahn for rape or arresting Indian "vice consul" for paying her nanny below NY minimum wage, happens without checking first with the higher up, naive

These kind of things do not happen just so, they orchestrated for a political purpose

They did not want a "President de la republic Monsieur Strauss Kahn" and they wanted squeezing India

Look, Monster, one has to be an outright idi*t seeing NSA listening to Merkel and Natanyahoo and European union politicians of all kind and Brazilian president, but NSA not knowing Strauss Kahn has a French hooker visit same morning he supposedly had raped that cleaning lady :lol:

Come on, come on .. that is why NSA listening to all sort of people .. to orchestrate these kind of stuff

and

FYI

Clapper explained on Saturday that President George W. Bush first authorized the spying in October 2001
Bush issued authorizations every 30-60 days.

This Chaney/Bush baby, Obama just continued what Bush started

monster_gardener

Does Obama Like Diplomatic Strip Searches?

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:

Conclusion

Nope.

Notion, these kind of things, arresting Strauss Kahn for rape or arresting Indian "vice consul" for paying her nanny below NY minimum wage, happens without checking first with the higher up, naive

These kind of things do not happen just so, they orchestrated for a political purpose

They did not want a "President de la republic Monsieur Strauss Kahn" and they wanted squeezing India

Look, Monster, one has to be an outright idi*t seeing NSA listening to Merkel and Natanyahoo and European union politicians of all kind and Brazilian president, but NSA not knowing Strauss Kahn has a French hooker visit same morning he supposedly had raped that cleaning lady :lol:

Come on, come on .. that is why NSA listening to all sort of people .. to orchestrate these kind of stuff

and

FYI

Clapper explained on Saturday that President George W. Bush first authorized the spying in October 2001
Bush issued authorizations every 30-60 days.

This Chaney/Bush baby, Obama just continued what Bush started

Not so sure about that....... The force of bureaucracy, inertia and stupidity is great.....

And you are dealing with American Uz who are notorious for not always reading or following instructions...... ;) :roll:

But you may be right in this case.....

So do you believe that oBUMa, the Arrogant Lying Creature From the Chicago Lagoon, gave the order for the strip search?

I would not put it past him.......
Obama just continued what Bush started
Don't recall Bush ordering people with diplomatic immunity strip searched...

If you know of any cases, please let me know.......
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

I am surprised that no-one has commented so far on the world's biggest political event of the year, the BJP's landslide victory last week, instead there is the usual Americocentric garbage (as if it has anything to do with Amerika). Modi not only reduced Congress to a rump, but swept aside the regional parties as well.

What India needs is raw unbridled capitalism at home, abolish the rest of the Licence Raj, to get rich quick, and no foreign distractions - just what Deng Xiaoping ordered 36 years ago, and what the BJP seem best placed to deliver. I am sure that the lefties here will disagree 8-)

To date, India only half did the job. One hopes that Modi buries the Hindu nationalist swagger enough not to get embroiled abroad (looking in direction of Islamabad, or beyond it, Kabul).

Yes, there was his dodgy behaviour at the 2002 Gujerat riots, but I note that the BJP made a clean sweep of the seats in Rajasthan and got 71 out of 80 in Uttar Pradesh. Given the religious mix of those areas, would not have been possible without Muslim votes.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Torchwood wrote:I am surprised that no-one has commented so far on the world's biggest political event of the year, the BJP's landslide victory last week, instead there is the usual Americocentric garbage (as if it has anything to do with Amerika). Modi not only reduced Congress to a rump, but swept aside the regional parties as well.

What India needs is raw unbridled capitalism at home, abolish the rest of the Licence Raj, to get rich quick, and no foreign distractions - just what Deng Xiaoping ordered 36 years ago, and what the BJP seem best placed to deliver. I am sure that the lefties here will disagree 8-)

To date, India only half did the job. One hopes that Modi buries the Hindu nationalist swagger enough not to get embroiled abroad (looking in direction of Islamabad, or beyond it, Kabul).

Yes, there was his dodgy behaviour at the 2002 Gujerat riots, but I note that the BJP made a clean sweep of the seats in Rajasthan and got 71 out of 80 in Uttar Pradesh. Given the religious mix of those areas, would not have been possible without Muslim votes.
No coverage here. Maybe a couple paragraphs on Google News. It's like India doesn't exist. Throw up a few links, svp.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener

Let's pat Robertson/700 Club/Better than Main Scheme Media..

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Torchwood wrote:I am surprised that no-one has commented so far on the world's biggest political event of the year, the BJP's landslide victory last week, instead there is the usual Americocentric garbage (as if it has anything to do with Amerika). Modi not only reduced Congress to a rump, but swept aside the regional parties as well.

No coverage here. Maybe a couple paragraphs on Google News. It's like India doesn't exist. Throw up a few links, svp.
Thank You Very Much for your post Nonc Hilaire....
No coverage here. Maybe a couple paragraphs on Google News. It's like India doesn't exist.
Not quite.......

The 700 Club had it..... Was concerned about the effect of the BJP victory on Indian Christians.... Said BJP had not been kind to Christians in the past.... :shock:

Maybe we should pat Robertson for doing better journalism than the MSM/Main Scheme Media ;)
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: No coverage here. Maybe a couple paragraphs on Google News. It's like India doesn't exist. Throw up a few links, svp.
Q. "How do you shrink the world?" A. "Easy. move to the US and watch the rest of it disappear" . I find the Christian Science Monitor to be the best US paper for world news, and it is free online.

Loads of coverage here, but then we do have lingering links from the former Empire (all those curry houses, not to mention Leicester as a majority Hindu/Sikh city).

Just go to the BBC news site and type "BJP" in the search box at the top right, loads of links appear. Thisis perhaps the most relevant, and has links to Indian papers.

Some background for those not in the know. It is said that India is fifteen to twenty years behind China because liberalisation didn't start till 1991, after the country went bust and the IMF stepped in, compared to Deng Xiaoping kick starting Chinese pseudo capitalism in 1978. India did not have nasty Moscow/Mao style socialism, instead the gentler democratic sort taught at the London School of Economics, but just as lethal to economic development, with loads of red tape ("the licence raj"). It was half abolished and growth took off to 8-10% a year, but stalled in recent years; China now has twice the income per head of India. Gujerat, the state where new PM Modi was leader, was business friendly and grew much faster than the national average. India will never grow as fast as China has done - too messy - but as a democracy, much more likely to be stable.

MG, there aren't many Christians in India, except in Kerala in the south and the tribal borderlands in the east, but there are plenty of Muslims, and they are wary of the BJP, which has been aggressively Hindu.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Let's pat Robertson/700 Club/Better than Main Scheme Med

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

monster_gardener wrote:The 700 Club had it..... Was concerned about the effect of the BJP victory on Indian Christians.... Said BJP had not been kind to Christians in the past.... :shock:

Maybe we should pat Robertson for doing better journalism than the MSM/Main Scheme Media ;)
The 700 Club? That explains it. No respectable Christian would watch that tripe ;)
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener

Small Parts of a Large Can Be Large.........

Torchwood wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote: No coverage here. Maybe a couple paragraphs on Google News. It's like India doesn't exist. Throw up a few links, svp.
Q. "How do you shrink the world?" A. "Easy. move to the US and watch the rest of it disappear" . I find the Christian Science Monitor to be the best US paper for world news, and it is free online.

Loads of coverage here, but then we do have lingering links from the former Empire (all those curry houses, not to mention Leicester as a majority Hindu/Sikh city).

Just go to the BBC news site and type "BJP" in the search box at the top right, loads of links appear. Thisis perhaps the most relevant, and has links to Indian papers.

Some background for those not in the know. It is said that India is fifteen to twenty years behind China because liberalisation didn't start till 1991, after the country went bust and the IMF stepped in, compared to Deng Xiaoping kick starting Chinese pseudo capitalism in 1978. India did not have nasty Moscow/Mao style socialism, instead the gentler democratic sort taught at the London School of Economics, but just as lethal to economic development, with loads of red tape ("the licence raj"). It was half abolished and growth took off to 8-10% a year, but stalled in recent years; China now has twice the income per head of India. Gujerat, the state where new PM Modi was leader, was business friendly and grew much faster than the national average. India will never grow as fast as China has done - too messy - but as a democracy, much more likely to be stable.

MG, there aren't many Christians in India, except in Kerala in the south and the tribal borderlands in the east, but there are plenty of Muslims, and they are wary of the BJP, which has been aggressively Hindu.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Torchwood.

MG, there aren't many Christians in India
Maybe not in percentages but the numbers are still in the millions......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_South_India

there are plenty of Muslims, and they are wary of the BJP, which has been aggressively Hindu.
Quite Right........

When Muslim Religious Fanatics burn Hindu pilgrims on a train, the Hindus reply in kind :shock: rather than listen to their leader, Mr. Modi, lie that Islam is a Religion of Peace (ROP) like George W. Bush did :roll: ROPMA :twisted:

That said, the BJP is reported to be unenthusiastic about Christians as well as Muslims.....

The enemy of an enemy can be an enemy....
monster_gardener

The Tripe Is Ripe ;-)

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:The 700 Club had it..... Was concerned about the effect of the BJP victory on Indian Christians.... Said BJP had not been kind to Christians in the past.... :shock:

The 700 Club? That explains it. No respectable Christian would watch that tripe ;)
Thank You very much for your post, Nonc,
No respectable Christian would watch that tripe ;)
Then I suggest not complaining when the media tripe :twisted: you read lacks the news about India... ;) :twisted: :lol: :idea:

And IMO no sensible Christian should try to suggest that Muslim Terrorists aren't Muslim Terrorists because they are political or criminal or Sufis.......

I don't watch The 700 Club over much but sometimes when I catch it, Pat Robertson surprises me.........

Like when he came out in favor of legalizing marijuana ;)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pat-roberts ... -be-legal/
Heracleum Persicum

Sword-wielding Sikhs clashed at the Golden Temple in Amritsar, India, as prayers were being held to commemorate the bloody military assault at the holy place on this date 30 years ago.

Footage from the event showed the Sikhs slashing wildly at one another on the steps of the temple in the northern state of Punjab.

At least six people, among them a police chief constable, were injured in the clashes, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special) Harjit Singh Brar, the Indian Express reported.

Kx6H6qmSnuA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

. . .
Good point.

It would be wonderful and historic to see the world's largest democracy become a modern industrialized state and superpower lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:

. . .
Good point.

It would be wonderful and historic to see the world's largest democracy become a modern industrialized state and superpower lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty.
I wholeheartedly agree. We need more posts from people that are familiar with India. Do we have any native Indians posting here?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

. . .
Good point.

I wholeheartedly agree. We need more posts from people that are familiar with India. Do we have any native Indians posting here?
If anyone could convince "chindit13" to post here, that would be wonderful.

He used to post on ZH, now occasionally on WSB.

Unsurprisingly, I've been banned from both for not "getting with the program" and instead questioning it.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

. . .
Good point.

To call India a "democracy" (drop biggest), a testimony to having no clue what "democracy" means

One of main "pillar" of democracy is "PROTECTION OF MINORITY RIGHTS" .. how can a culture and civilization tolerate "Untouchable", or, rape of woman in India seems 2B socially (even legally) acceptable (even with lash definition of rape in India, forget western definition of rape no meaning no or rupture of a condom being rape) .. Iranian woman have much more rights than Indian, any rape in Iran reported (let alone of foreign tourists) ? ? , in Iran people who rape are hanged on the next tree, in India not a single man who raped has been "really" punished (haven't heard even strong sentencing), reason is, rape in Indian "society" does not mean really rape and is acceptable .. violence against woman is in no culture and civilization more enshrined than in Indian, ever heard anywhere else woman (regularly) being set afire because husband did not get the money promised by father in law ? standard procedure in India .. that is why India was never a big civilization.

India is an OCEAN of crazy circumstances, rat worshipers, professional rat hunters (hunting and eating rat .. all "untouchables") .. crazy temples, weird religions .. Institutionalized CAST SYSTEM (enshrined in the culture and civilization), how can a "cast system" be a "democracy" ? ?

India being "biggest democracy in the world" was cold war PR

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Progress in India . .

Curbs on Greenpeace in India
monster_gardener

Constitutional Republic with Right to Bear Arms....

Typhoon wrote:

. . .
Good point.

To call India a "democracy" (drop biggest), a testimony to having no clue what "democracy" means

One of main "pillar" of democracy is "PROTECTION OF MINORITY RIGHTS" .. how can a culture and civilization tolerate "Untouchable", or, rape of woman in India seems 2B socially (even legally) acceptable (even with lash definition of rape in India, forget western definition of rape no meaning no or rupture of a condom being rape) .. Iranian woman have much more rights than Indian, any rape in Iran reported (let alone of foreign tourists) ? ? , in Iran people who rape are hanged on the next tree, in India not a single man who raped has been "really" punished (haven't heard even strong sentencing), reason is, rape in Indian "society" does not mean really rape and is acceptable .. violence against woman is in no culture and civilization more enshrined than in Indian, ever heard anywhere else woman (regularly) being set afire because husband did not get the money promised by father in law ? standard procedure in India .. that is why India was never a big civilization.

India is an OCEAN of crazy circumstances, rat worshipers, professional rat hunters (hunting and eating rat .. all "untouchables") .. crazy temples, weird religions .. Institutionalized CAST SYSTEM (enshrined in the culture and civilization), how can a "cast system" be a "democracy" ? ?

One of main "pillar" of democracy is "PROTECTION OF MINORITY RIGHTS" ..
False....

Democracies have their problems.........

And that is one of them.....

Democracy means "mob rule"........

2 wolves voting to eat one sheep for lunch.....

For minority rights you want a Constitutional Republic with a good Bill of Rights....

Especially the right to keep, bear, and if necessary use arms & weapons in self defense :idea:

In a Constitutional Republic with that right exercised, the heavily armed sheep "negotiates" ;) :twisted: the wolves into settling for cheese sandwiches and milk for lunch ;) :lol:

IMO the Sikhs of India knew this truth...
For the Devout Baptized Sikhs are ALWAYS armed.....

Also I will note that despite its admitted problems, India has managed to peacefully change its government after an election.... IIRC several times.....

And I mean the real power holders in the government.......

Not just figureheads.....
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Constitutional Republic with Right to Bear Arms....

monster_gardener wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

. . .
Good point.

One of main "pillar" of democracy is "PROTECTION OF MINORITY RIGHTS" ..
False....

Democracies have their problems.........

And that is one of them.....

Democracy means "mob rule"........

2 wolves voting to eat one sheep for lunch.....

For minority rights you want a Constitutional Republic with a good Bill of Rights....

Especially the right to keep, bear, and if necessary use arms & weapons in self defense :idea:

In a Constitutional Republic with that right exercised, the heavily armed sheep "negotiates" ;) :twisted: the wolves into settling for cheese sandwiches and milk for lunch ;) :lol:

IMO the Sikhs of India knew this truth...
For the Devout Baptized Sikhs are ALWAYS armed.....

Also I will note that despite its admitted problems, India has managed to peacefully change its government after an election.... IIRC several times.....

And I mean the real power holders in the government.......

Not just figureheads.....

Monster, "PROTECTION OF MINORITY RIGHTS" being main pillar of "democracy" not from Azari, not my invention .. it from Democracy.com .. will find the quote and paste

Otherwise, dear Monster, you have a TYRANNY OF MAJORITY , exactly what you have in Zionist entity calling itself Israel .. Zionist tyrannizing our beloved EX-Jews (pali) .. majority rule, or what you saying democracy being a "Mob rule" , if so, than you guys compatriot Herr Adolf had overwhelming majority (98% of Germans backing him, no wonder, who would not love saying you the greatest ? ? ) and he had mob rule .. if so, seems you saying Herr Adolf was the greatest democracy :lol: .. 2B frank, present circumstances validates what you saying, a pervert state of affairs