This too shall pass.
noddy

Re: Drug Culture News | The Great Binge

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Women Warn,
‘Behave, or We’ll Get Tough’

BANDOL, India — Dozens of women brandishing brooms swooped down on a straw house in this village on a recent Saturday, sending the owner fleeing through a rice field as they seized buckets of fruit juice being fermented into a cheap liquor.

An hour’s drive away, a group of village women followed the scent of alcohol into a cornfield to find vats of moonshine dug into the ground, which they guarded for several hours until the police arrived.

Like so many disciples of Carry Nation, the temperance advocate who took a hatchet to United States saloons at the turn of the 20th century, village women are taking matters into their own hands, enforcing a prohibition law in Bihar, one of India’s poorest, most agrarian states.

Though per capita income is less than $600 a year, many if not most men used to routinely spend much of their money on alcohol, further impoverishing their families.

“It was the acceptable norm to be drunk,” said Raj Kumar Prasad, the chief of the Halsi police station, which oversees 50 villages, including Bandol.
So the women Bandol liquor?

:-)
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Often two sides to every story . . .

[Photoshopped, presumably. Edit. Apparently, not. From a Edison motion picture produced around 1910.]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | Drug groups face ‘tidal wave’ of opioid lawsuits
US officials seek tobacco-style settlements to help deal with epidemic of addiction
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

U6Rbs9mKDl8
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

I misread the title of this thread and so we have:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:I misread the title of this thread and so we have:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/
The list of sh*t that people have not tried to get high off of is probably tiny.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Recreational marijuana now legal in California.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | New CDC Numbers Show the Drug War Continues to Make Opioids Deadlier
The CDC's latest estimates of opioid-related fatalities in 2017 show that the war on drugs continues to drive people toward deadlier substances. Based on preliminary estimates, the total number of deaths involving opioids (the blue line below) rose by 8.5 percent last year, from about 45,000 to about 49,000. Yet deaths involving heroin (gray line) and prescription analgesics (yellow) fell by 4 percent and 2 percent, respectively. The increase was due entirely to a 37 percent jump in deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone (orange), a category that nowadays consists mainly of illicit fentanyl and fentanyl analogs. That increase follows even bigger jumps of more than 70 percent in 2015 and more than 100 percent in 2016.
opioid-deaths-2014-2017-CDC.jpg
opioid-deaths-2014-2017-CDC.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
Fentanyl analogs such as carfentanil, which is something like 5,000 times as potent as heroin, further reduce the amount that must be manufactured and smuggled for a given number of doses.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

US DEA | Counterfeit Pills Fueling U.S. Fentanyl And Opioid Crisis
* Many Chinese laboratories illicitly manufacturing synthetic drugs, such as fentanyl and their precursors, also manufacture legitimate chemicals for purchase by U.S. companies. This means that laboratories responsible for supplying fentanyl in counterfeit pills can also run legitimate businesses. Although Chinese clandestine laboratories may be contributing to the fentanyl supply, legitimate laboratories may also be sources of supply.

* Traffickers can typically purchase a kilogram of fentanyl powder for a few thousand dollars from a Chinese supplier, transform it into hundreds of thousands of pills, and sell the counterfeit pills for millions of dollars in profit. If a particular batch has 1.5 milligrams of fentanyl per pill, approximately 666,666 counterfeit pills can be manufactured from 1 kilogram of pure fentanyl
This situation really is a reverse of the 19th century Opium Wars
initiated and lead by Britain, with US involvement.

However, will venture that few US politicians or bureaucrats have ever heard of the Hundred Years of National Humiliation.

Will also speculate that this synthetic opioid manufacture and sale to the West has the tacit approval of the CCP.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

BBC | Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational cannabis

Aside from the media frenzy,
my Canadian friends inform that rather than

SA1SxZoFmOU

life in Canada is continuing as it did before.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

The 80's called...
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:48 pm The 80's called...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:02 am
crashtech66 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:48 pm The 80's called...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GguNlQJ-Xqk

GguNlQJ-Xqk