Alien Invasion imminent...US and Chinese joint Naval ops

This too shall pass.
noddy

Re: Alien Invasion imminent...US and Chinese joint Naval ops

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Uche Americanus wrote: Hey brother Simple Mind,

How have you been? Now, don't start scaring me (and some here) with the idea of going up against alien cannibals.

As for worshipping them that will be simple. Didn't the Aztecs or maybe it was the Mayans on encoutering their first whites think that they were gods sent to them from heaven? Most ancient cultures held similar beliefs on meeting a new people and culture for the first time. But such beliefs last for a brief time before the natives start aiming their bows and arrows at these "gods". It is hard enough dealing with the concept of a potentially "superior" alien species wanting to take over our little planet but the idea of worshipping them is enough to turn me into a resistance fighter.
I am well, hope you are the same.

Just having fun, but then again, if they started eating only fat people would they be considered "green" and would we then start worshipping them (again) as those who will save us from ourselves?

I think if they wanted to eat us, they would have done so long ago. But then again, it could be like sport hunting. Does the deer herd have any idea what happened to Fred when he fails to show up at the watering hole on Friday night?

I have talked to several pilots who have no doubt whatsoever that we are not alone. And as you pointed out, history seems to suggest the same.

IMSMO, I think it would only be human arrogance or maybe fear (?) that would cause one to think otherwise.
the bored kid with the magnifying glass frying ants is a possibility, that kind of behaviour isnt just found in humans ive seen parrots do it aswell.

as for aliens, i think its more likely than not and that the chances of them being warlike is more likely than not due to the fact that highly inventive and expansionary creatures tend to also be aggressive and self confident in all aspects of life.
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Parrots Behaving Badly?.......

Post by monster_gardener »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Uche Americanus wrote: Hey brother Simple Mind,

How have you been? Now, don't start scaring me (and some here) with the idea of going up against alien cannibals.

As for worshipping them that will be simple. Didn't the Aztecs or maybe it was the Mayans on encoutering their first whites think that they were gods sent to them from heaven? Most ancient cultures held similar beliefs on meeting a new people and culture for the first time. But such beliefs last for a brief time before the natives start aiming their bows and arrows at these "gods". It is hard enough dealing with the concept of a potentially "superior" alien species wanting to take over our little planet but the idea of worshipping them is enough to turn me into a resistance fighter.
I am well, hope you are the same.

Just having fun, but then again, if they started eating only fat people would they be considered "green" and would we then start worshipping them (again) as those who will save us from ourselves?

I think if they wanted to eat us, they would have done so long ago. But then again, it could be like sport hunting. Does the deer herd have any idea what happened to Fred when he fails to show up at the watering hole on Friday night?

I have talked to several pilots who have no doubt whatsoever that we are not alone. And as you pointed out, history seems to suggest the same.

IMSMO, I think it would only be human arrogance or maybe fear (?) that would cause one to think otherwise.
the bored kid with the magnifying glass frying ants is a possibility, that kind of behaviour isnt just found in humans ive seen parrots do it aswell.

as for aliens, i think its more likely than not and that the chances of them being warlike is more likely than not due to the fact that highly inventive and expansionary creatures tend to also be aggressive and self confident in all aspects of life.
Thank you VERY Much for your post, Noddy.
that kind of behaviour isnt just found in humans ive seen parrots do it aswell.
Sounds interesting..... Please tell more.......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light