Einstein & God

This too shall pass.
Doc

Re: Einstein & God

Post by Doc »

Crocus sativus wrote:
Doc wrote:10^27 joules --- The amount of energy in one cubic meter of "empty" space. The amount of energy output of the sun for one thousand years. The volume of "empty" space contained in the cube of the area of the head of a pin 2mm(or for that matter the volume of a mustard seed) holds the energy of the sun's output for two years.

The Czar bomb the largest man made nuclear explosion ever was 84^18 joules. In comparison the volume of the smallest single cell life form is 20 nanometers. An "empty" space volume with 2x10^26 joules of energy. Which is equivalent to 2.3 million Czar bombs.

In a light year there are ~ 10^16 meters. The volume of the observable universe being at least 3.5×10^80 cubic meters. On average there is one Hydrogen atom per 4 cubic meters in the universe. Yet there is equivalent of 4 times 10^19 hydrogen bombs of energy in that same 4m^3 of volume.

That is why they call the Higgs Boson the God particle.

CS if you see any errors in the above please feel free to correct them.

Thanks.

That's fine, DOC

but

question is

when did all this started ? or originate

or

is it nessecary that there was a start or origin ? ?

logic itself must have had a start, in vaccum of universe, in "Nothing" nothing can be

Must ask Nima, he (both parents from Tabriz,Iran) from same town as Azari

Nima Arkani-Hamed just received the largest science prize ever .. The New York Times said the $3 million award is “the most lucrative academic prize in the world.”.
Thanks Azari. The people in Tabriz must be very proud. There are quite a few Iranians that have excelled in math, science and technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pe ... d_scholars
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Doc wrote:.

The people in Tabriz must be very proud. There are quite a few Iranians that have excelled in math, science and technology.

Thanx DOC ,

Without Persian mathematician from the ninth century Kharazmi's algorithm there would be no computers today, "those of you who came to work on the metro today were driven not by humans but by algorithms."

Doc

Post by Doc »

Crocus sativus wrote:

The people in Tabriz must be very proud. There are quite a few Iranians that have excelled in math, science and technology.

Thanx DOC ,

Without Persian mathematician from the ninth century Kharazmi's algorithm there would be no computers today, "those of you who came to work on the metro today were driven not by humans but by algorithms."
Here is one Iranian I was thinking of. Sorry it took me a while to remember his name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotfi_A._Zadeh

He created the field of fuzzy Logic. Among other things.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Al GoreIsms....

Post by monster_gardener »

Crocus sativus wrote:

Thanx DOC ,

Thank You Very Much for you post, Azari.
those of you who came to work on the metro today were driven not by humans but by algorithms.
Maybe ;)

But if a former DemocRat Vice Present Dunce of Uz who claims to have invented the Internet is right...... it should be called Al GoreIsms... ;)
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Doc wrote:
Crocus sativus wrote:

Thanx DOC ,

Here is one Iranian I was thinking of. Sorry it took me a while to remember his name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotfi_A._Zadeh

He created the field of fuzzy Logic. Among other things.

Yes, I know Lotfi well, he Azari too .. he did fuzzy logic

many Iranian top scientist in US

another interesting one, Azari too, is Ali Javan

Ali Javan (Persian: علی جوان‎ - ‘Ali Javān, Azerbaijani: علی جوان, born December 26, 1926) is an Iranian American physicist and inventor at MIT. His main contributions to science have been in the fields of quantum physics and spectroscopy. He co-invented the gas laser in 1960, with William R. Bennett. In 2007 Javan was ranked Number 12 on the list of the "Top 100 Living Geniuses"

40% of top scientist in NASA are Iranians .. head of NASA Mars project, Firouz Naderi

List of contemporary Iranian scientists, scholars, and engineers

Stanford university, Caltech, Berkeley, MIT and and , all full of Iranian faculty head .. even very young ones just arrived from Sharif University Tehran :lol:

Maryam Mirzakhani

Professor of Mathematics (since September 1, 2008) at Stanford University.

Mirzakhani obtained her BSc in Mathematics (1999) from the Sharif University of Technology. She holds a PhD from Harvard University (2004), ... She was a Clay Mathematics Institute Research Fellow and a professor at Princeton University.

Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

09.jpg
09.jpg (17.35 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

HAL 9000 wrote: I believe that many super-intelligent people have excess dopamine in their brains, and unless they have very good self-control, this might increase their sex-drive and it can also make them violent.
Or simply testosterone. It is a basic observation that most geniuses and most criminals are men, and it has little or nothing to do with average intelligence or discrimination (IQs are the same in women, and they have higher EQs, on average). Some great leaders are borderline criminal, and often oversexed as well. A feature of the difference between effective societies and dysfunctional ones is that such people are channelled into socially productive uses in the former. The world is full of talented people who do not realise their full potential because they do not have the drive to do so.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Torchwood wrote:The world is full of talented people who do not realise their full potential because they do not have the drive to do so.
I would agree with you if I weren't so lazy.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.