Einstein & God

This too shall pass.
Jnalum Persicum

Einstein & God

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Einstein's private letter expressing his views on God and religion - Questioning God

From studying slices of his brilliant brain to probing profound physics theories, scientists and enthusiasts alike have long been spellbound by Albert Einstein. Now, an auction is offering the world a peek at Einstein's thoughts on what may be humanity's most profound question: the existence of God.

The private letter written by Einstein expressing his views on God and religion will go up for auction Monday (Oct. 8) on eBay. In the letter, he calls belief in religion and God "pretty childish" and ridicules the idea that the Jews are a chosen people.

"This is the most historic and significant piece we have listed on eBay," Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the agency managing the sale, told LiveScience in an email. "We are excited to offer a person or organization an opportunity to own perhaps one of the most intriguing 20th-century documents in existence. This personal letter from Einstein represents the nexus of science, theology, reason and culture."

Einstein handwrote the letter in German to Jewish philosopher Eric B. Gutkind on Jan. 3, 1954, a year before Einstein's death. The letter was a response to Gutkind's book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt" (1952, H. Schuman; 1st edition).

In part of his letter, Einstein writes, "For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them," as translated from German by Joan Stambaugh. (Religious Mysteries: 8 Alleged Relics of Jesus)

In his book, Gutkind suggested that unlike the mass hypnosis spoiling mankind at the time, "The soul of the Jewish people was never a mass-soul. Israel's soul could not be hypnotized; it never succumbed to hypnotic assaults. … The soul of Israel is incorruptible."

And as for whether Einstein believed in God ? Yes and no, it seems.

In a March 24, 1954 letter, he is quoted as writing, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

However, in the letter to Gutkind, Einstein wrote the word God was "nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

more @ link

Interesting man this Einstein, quite unlike some other Jewish scientist like that **** Teller

Last edited by Jnalum Persicum on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Einstein & God

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What's wrong with all the other Jewish scientists.
Censorship isn't necessary
planctom

Post by planctom »

ALI Persicum, you can let your monomania go now, Einstein said that Jooos are not a special people and are also powerless.
Jnalum Persicum

planctom wrote:
ALI Persicum, you can let your monomania go now, Einstein said that Jooos are not a special people and are also powerless.

Rhaspy ,

Always said Jews lovely people .. always said that .. pls post a link saying otherwise

My quarrel is with the Zionist

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What's wrong with all Jewish scientists.
Parodite

Einstein & Zionism

Post by Parodite »

Einstein's other theory
In 1947 Zionist leaders asked Albert Einstein to work a miracle and persuade a sceptical India to support the birth of a Jewish state. His fascinating correspondence with Jawaharlal Nehru has recently surfaced in Israeli archives. Benny Morris analyses their exchange

Benny Morris
The Guardian, Wednesday 16 February 2005

Albert Einstein was a somewhat reluctant Zionist. To be sure, he often referred to himself as a proud Jewish nationalist, and declared that though the Zionist enterprise was threatened by "fanatical Arab outlaws" (as he phrased it in 1938) the country would become "a centre of culture for all Jews, a refuge for the most grievously oppressed, a field of action for the best among us, a unifying ideal, and a means of attaining inward health for the Jews of the whole world". In a letter to the Manchester Guardian in 1929, he lauded the "young pioneers, men and women of magnificent intellectual and moral calibre, breaking stones and building roads under the blazing rays of the Palestinian sun" and "the flourishing agricultural settlements shooting up from the long-deserted soil... the development of water power... [and] industry... and, above all, the growth of an educational system ... What observer... can fail to be seized by the magic of such amazing achievement and of such almost superhuman devotion?"

But his praise of Zionism was peppered with unease. Traumatised by central European anti-semitism, Einstein was keenly aware of the potential for excess embedded in nationalist ideologies and movements. From early on, he found much to admire in the liberal vision, propagated by some Palestinian Jewish intellectuals, of a binational Arab-Jewish state. Speaking in New York City in 1938, he declared: "I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish state... My awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power... I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain."

Indeed, in 1952 he turned down an appeal by Israel's founding prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, that he become the state's second president, following the death of Chaim Weizmann. Einstein argued that he wasn't suited for the job but also that he feared that as president he would "have... to assume moral responsibility for the decisions of others", decisions that might conflict with his conscience.

But it was to Einstein that Zionist leaders turned in the summer of 1947 in the hope that he might work a miracle and persuade India to support the establishment of a Jewish state. A miracle was needed because the all-powerful prime minister-designate of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, traditionally opposed Jewish statehood. Not that he was unaware of the Jews' history or needs: "It is one of the wonders of history how the Jews, without a home or a refuge, harassed and persecuted beyond measure, and often done to death, have preserved their identity and held together for over 2000 years," he wrote in the 1930s, even before the Holocaust. "Everywhere they went they were treated as unwelcome and undesirable strangers . . . Humiliated, reviled, tortured, and massacred; the very word 'Jew' became a word of abuse."

Nehru was also deeply cognisant - unlike most Arab critics of Zionism - of the Jews' roots in Palestine, "a holy land for the Jews... and, to some extent, even [for] the Muslims". But "there was one little drawback", one "not unimportant fact" that had been "overlooked" in Britain's Balfour Declaration of 1917, which supported the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine: The country was not "empty [and] uninhabited... It was already somebody else's home." And the local Arabs "were afraid that the Jews would take the bread out of their mouths and the land from the peasantry". It was, of course, Nehru conceded, "a tragedy that two oppressed peoples... should come into conflict with each other. Every one must have sympathy for the Jews in the terrible trials they are passing through in Europe... [and] one can understand them being attracted to Palestine." But "we must remember that Palestine is essentially an Arab country, and must remain so".

Einstein's four-page letter of June 13 1947 to Nehru focused on moral and historical arguments. He opened with praise for India's constituent assembly, which had just abolished untouchability. "The attention of the world was [now] fixed on the problem of another group of human beings who, like the untouchables, have been the victims of persecution and discrimination for centuries" - the Jews. He appealed to Nehru as a "consistent champion of the forces of political and economic enlightenment" to rule in favour of "the rights of an ancient people whose roots are in the East". He pleaded for "justice and equity". "Long before the emergence of Hitler I made the cause of Zionism mine because through it I saw a means of correcting a flagrant wrong."

Not that Einstein liked nation states but the world is divided into nation states, and "the Jewish people alone has for centuries been in the anomalous position of being victimised and hounded as a people, though bereft of all the rights and protections which even the smallest people normally has... Zionism offered the means of ending this discrimination. Through the return to the land to which they were bound by close historic ties... Jews sought to abolish their pariah status among peoples."

Einstein then played his trump card: "The advent of Hitler underscored with a savage logic all the disastrous implications contained in the abnormal situation in which Jews found themselves. Millions of Jews perished... because there was no spot on the globe where they could find sanctuary... The Jewish survivors demand the right to dwell amid brothers, on the ancient soil of their fathers."

He seemed to disingenuously finesse the core dilemma raised by the Zionist enterprise: "Can Jewish need, no matter how acute, be met without the infringement of the vital rights of others? My answer is in the affirmative. One of the most extraordinary features of the Jewish rebuilding of Palestine is that the influx of Jewish pioneers has resulted not in the displacement and impoverishment of the local Arab population, but in its phenomenal increase and greater prosperity."

But then Einstein took the bull by the horns, "the nature of [the] Arab opposition. Though the Arab of Palestine has benefited... economically, he wants exclusive national sovereignty, such as is enjoyed by the Arabs of Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria [sic]. It is a legitimate and natural desire, and justice would seem to call for its satisfaction." But at the end of the first world war, the Allies gave the Arabs 99% of the "vast, underpopulated territories" liberated from the Turks to satisfy their national aspirations and five independent Arab states were established. One per cent was reserved for the Jews "in the land of their origin". "In the august scale of justice, which weighs need against need, there is no doubt as to whose is more heavy." What the Jews were allotted in the Balfour Declaration "redresses the balance" of justice and history. He concluded by appealing to Nehru to brush aside "the rivalries of power politics and the egotism of petty nationalist appetites" and to support "the glorious renascence which has begun in Palestine".

Nehru answered on July 11. Curiously, he began his three-page letter with an implicit apology - couched in terms of the inescapability of pursuing a line dictated by realpolitik, however camouflaged by tributes to morality: National leaders, "unfortunately", had to pursue "policies... [that were] essentially selfish policies. Each country thinks of its own interest first... If it so happens that some international policy fits in with the national policy of the country, then that nation uses brave language about international betterment. But as soon as that international policy seems to run counter to national interests or selfishness, then a host of reasons are found not to follow that international policy."

The implication was that Indian national interests or "selfishness" required a vote against partition and Jewish statehood; though unmentioned in the background was Hindu India's ongoing struggle with its large and powerful Muslim minority, which uniformly opposed Zionism, and the coming battle against Pakistan, in which India would need as much international support as it could muster, including from Arab and Muslim states.

Nehru then went over to the moral offensive: "I confess that while I have a very great deal of sympathy for the Jews I feel sympathy for the Arabs also... I know that the Jews have done a wonderful piece of work in Palestine and have raised the standards of the people there, but one question troubles me. After all these remarkable achievements, why have they failed to gain the goodwill of the Arabs? Why do they want to compel the Arabs to submit against their will to certain demands [ie, partition and Jewish statehood]?" Einstein had failed to convince him.

Zionist officials prepared a draft response. The draft letter stressed themes touched on by Nehru, including Zionism's economic benefits and British responsibility for the ongoing troubles (as in India, the imperialists always used "divide and rule"), as well as the reactionary nature of Arab societies and rulers. It accused Abdur Rahman of being "viciously hostile" to Zionism and pleaded with Nehru to abjure mere "verbal sympathy" and to act with "real statesmanship." It is unclear whether this draft was sent to Einstein and it appears unlikely that Einstein ever signed it or sent it to Nehru.

The Zionists made one last effort to "turn" Nehru, in a last-minute cable from Weizmann, two days before the general assembly vote. "Cannot understand how India can wish [to] obstruct such [a fair partition] settlement," he wrote. But it was no use. On November 29 India voted with the Muslim states against partition. (The Zionists needed, and won, a two-thirds majority: the vote was 33 for and 13 against, with 10 states - including the UK - abstaining.)

Nehru greatly admired Einstein, as a humanist and scientist. The two men met, I believe for the only time, on November 5 1949, in Einstein's rooms in Princeton. It was Nehru's only "private" meeting during his trip to the United States.

· Professor Morris's latest book, The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, is published by Cambridge UP.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/fe ... rael.india
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:What's wrong with all the other Jewish scientists.
What's wrong with Edward Teller?

Okay, so he back stabbed Oppenheimer, but that is the modus operandi in academia [re Kissinger's bon mot].

It's very unlikely that Oppenheimer would have retained his security clearance with or without Teller's testimony.

Teller made fundamental contributions to the development of 20th century physics.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Poor Einstein.

His personal views are quoted by every crackpot as justification for their own monomanias.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Poor Einstein.

His personal views are quoted by every crackpot as justification for their own monomanias.
I agree. I wonder why anyone would think that someone who is good at one field would be any good at any other.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Einstein, Bohr, G_D and Gambling.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

Einstein's private letter expressing his views on God and religion - Questioning God

From studying slices of his brilliant brain to probing profound physics theories, scientists and enthusiasts alike have long been spellbound by Albert Einstein. Now, an auction is offering the world a peek at Einstein's thoughts on what may be humanity's most profound question: the existence of God.

The private letter written by Einstein expressing his views on God and religion will go up for auction Monday (Oct. 8) on eBay. In the letter, he calls belief in religion and God "pretty childish" and ridicules the idea that the Jews are a chosen people.

"This is the most historic and significant piece we have listed on eBay," Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the agency managing the sale, told LiveScience in an email. "We are excited to offer a person or organization an opportunity to own perhaps one of the most intriguing 20th-century documents in existence. This personal letter from Einstein represents the nexus of science, theology, reason and culture."

Einstein handwrote the letter in German to Jewish philosopher Eric B. Gutkind on Jan. 3, 1954, a year before Einstein's death. The letter was a response to Gutkind's book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt" (1952, H. Schuman; 1st edition).

In part of his letter, Einstein writes, "For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them," as translated from German by Joan Stambaugh. (Religious Mysteries: 8 Alleged Relics of Jesus)

In his book, Gutkind suggested that unlike the mass hypnosis spoiling mankind at the time, "The soul of the Jewish people was never a mass-soul. Israel's soul could not be hypnotized; it never succumbed to hypnotic assaults. … The soul of Israel is incorruptible."

In a March 24, 1954 letter, he is quoted as writing, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

However, in the letter to Gutkind, Einstein wrote the word God was "nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

more @ link

Interesting man this Einstein, quite unlike some other Jewish scientist like that **** Teller

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari............

Einstein had VERY high moral standards for G_d even though He didn't exist ;) :lol:

Reportedly Einstein told Niels Bohr : "G_d does NOT throw dice with the Universe!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

To which Bohr replied: "Stop telling G_d what to do!"

:lol: :shock: :lol: :o :lol: :twisted: :lol:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

What about Teller? The overwhelming majority of Jewish scientists are leftist, and Teller is one of the rare conservative types.

By the way, I spoke to Teller about 30 years ago, and some 15 years ago he also generously sent me the information I needed by mail, without any delay. Actually despite his conservative views, Teller was probably not too arrogant as a professional. For the record, I know almost nothing about nuclear physics, and I was never involved in any defense-related activity, nor do I want to. So your Iranian friends have nothing to gain by kidnapping me, even though I would crack before even torture begins and tell them anything they want. . :lol:

On the other hand, although I have not personally met Einstein, it is reported that he was often very secretive about his sources and he was sometimes arrogant too. Also Einstein was not nice to his first wife, as soon as he became famous he lined up several women and he trashed his first wife.

What is puzzling is the fact that you are always focusing on scientists. Why is science so important for you? For me art and music are more important.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

HAL9000 wrote:

What about Teller? The overwhelming majority of Jewish scientists are leftist, and Teller is one of the rare conservative types.

By the way, I spoke to Teller about 30 years ago, and some 15 years ago he also generously sent me the information I needed by mail, without any delay. Actually despite his conservative views, Teller was probably not too arrogant as a professional. For the record, I know almost nothing about nuclear physics, and I was never involved in any defense-related activity, nor do I want to. So your Iranian friends have nothing to gain by kidnapping me, even though I would crack before even torture begins and tell them anything they want. . :lol:

. . .
Interesting. Of the great Hungarian - Jewish group of 20th century physicists, I met and talked to the late Eugene Wigner several times. He was approachable and charming.

It's bemusing how many expect scientists who make great achievements in their field to also be de facto saints in their personal lives.

Schrödinger, for example, had several wives simultaneously and the legend is that he derived his famous equations between bouts of coitus with a colleague's wife up in some cabin.

Einstein and Landau were both notorious horndogs.
noddy

Post by noddy »

just swap the cat in the box for the rootrat in the wifes room, then the act of the external observation changing the outcome is but a moment of lateral thinking away.
ultracrepidarian
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Typhoon wrote:
Interesting. Of the great Hungarian - Jewish group of 20th century physicists, I met and talked to the late Eugene Wigner several times. He was approachable and charming.

It's bemusing how many expect scientists who make great achievements in their field to also be de facto saints in their personal lives.

Schrödinger, for example, had several wives simultaneously and the legend is that he derived his famous equations between bouts of coitus with a colleague's wife up in some cabin.

For the record, it might be worth noting that many of the Hungarian Jews escaped their homeland because of the communist revolution after World War I They were so afraid that they actually escaped to Germany, where antisemitism was already flourishing after World War I.

John von Neumann was also in Germany due to the Hungarian political chaos. If I recall correctly, Teller's dissertation adviser was Heisenberg. Anyway, I suspect that the intense anti-communist feeling of some of the Hungarian Jewish physicists and mathematicians might be due to their personal experiences with communism. Teller was very adamantly anti-Soviet, and he always gave his support to the Hungarian people during the Cold War.

It is also worth noting the the biggest hydrogen bomb was tested by the Soviets, not the Americans. So the fear of Soviet cruelty was real. Again, without capitalist America, the communist cruelty could have been worse. Hard to know what Stalin would have done without the US having nukes, but from his historical record, it is easy to extrapolate that he was as bad as Hitler.

I heard from Russian friends that Landau was very oppressive and even violent as a teacher. I believe that many super-intelligent people have excess dopamine in their brains, and unless they have very good self-control, this might increase their sex-drive and it can also make them violent. Schwinger was surprisingly docile, but the "pacifist" Oppenheimer attempted to murder one of his colleagues in England and he was required to receive psychiatric counseling.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

HAL9000 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

For the record, it might be worth noting that many of the Hungarian Jews escaped their homeland because of the communist revolution after World War I They were so afraid that they actually escaped to Germany, where antisemitism was already flourishing after World War I.

John von Neumann was also in Germany due to the Hungarian political chaos. If I recall correctly, Teller's dissertation adviser was Heisenberg. Anyway, I suspect that the intense anti-communist feeling of some of the Hungarian Jewish physicists and mathematicians might be due to their personal experiences with communism. Teller was very adamantly anti-Soviet, and he always gave his support to the Hungarian people during the Cold War.

It is also worth noting the the biggest hydrogen bomb was tested by the Soviets, not the Americans. So the fear of Soviet cruelty was real. Again, without capitalist America, the communist cruelty could have been worse. Hard to know what Stalin would have done without the US having nukes, but from his historical record, it is easy to extrapolate that he was as bad as Hitler.
It's easy to understand how anyone with direct experience of Soviet rule and communism would become strongly anti-communist in their views.
HAL9000 wrote:I heard from Russian friends that Landau was very oppressive and even violent as a teacher. I believe that many super-intelligent people have excess dopamine in their brains, and unless they have very good self-control, this might increase their sex-drive and it can also make them violent. Schwinger was surprisingly docile, but the "pacifist" Oppenheimer attempted to murder one of his colleagues in England and he was required to receive psychiatric counseling.
Given that we don't yet have any good understanding of the most common mental health problem - depression - I'm skeptical of any such explanations.
monster_gardener

Stalin's Just In Time Death and the Jewish Doctors Plot

HAL9000 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I heard from Russian friends that Landau was very oppressive and even violent as a teacher. I believe that many super-intelligent people have excess dopamine in their brains, and unless they have very good self-control, this might increase their sex-drive and it can also make them violent. Schwinger was surprisingly docile, but the "pacifist" Oppenheimer attempted to murder one of his colleagues in England and he was required to receive psychiatric counseling.
Thank You Very Much for your post, HAL9000
Hard to know what Stalin would have done without the US having nukes, but from his historical record, it is easy to extrapolate that he was as bad as Hitler.
You are probably correct.

Stalin's Just In Time Death ;) :twisted: :lol: may have prevented the false fabricated "Jewish Doctors Plot" from become the Soviet Jewish Holocaust...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors%27 ... nsequences
monster_gardener

Were they an Entangled Pair or was Schrodinger Cating around

Typhoon wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

. . .

Thank you VERY Much for your post, Typhoon.

So were they an Entangled Pair ;) or was Schrodinger just Cating ;) around :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entanglement_distillation
monster_gardener

Proof that Observation Changes Outcome

noddy wrote:just swap the cat in the box for the rootrat in the wifes room, then the act of the external observation changing the outcome is but a moment of lateral thinking away.
Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, Noddy.

CLEVER!!!!!!!!

Good One! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jnalum Persicum

will respond to Teller, Einstein, God, scientist and a few other topics between the line of this post

but

First I want to see what you guys have to say

Marcus

Einstein & God . . who cares . . ?

Post by Marcus »

Al had an opinion about God, and Al had an asshole.

So does everyone else.

What's the point?
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
monster_gardener

Birthday of Niels Bohr and a possibly:- Heroic Heisenberg...

monster_gardener wrote:

more @ link

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari............

Einstein had VERY high moral standards for G_d even though He didn't exist ;) :lol:

Reportedly Einstein told Niels Bohr : "G_d does NOT throw dice with the Universe!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

To which Bohr replied: "Stop telling G_d what to do!"

:lol: :shock: :lol: :o :lol: :twisted: :lol:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr
Thank you Very Much again for the Thread, Azari.

Hat Tip to Google. ;)

Irony/Coincidence Dept.

Today, October 7 is the Birthday of Niels Bohr!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr

Link discusses the relationship of Bohr and Heisenberg and the possibility the Heisenberg and if true, other heroic German scientists may have done a subtle slow down strike to shaft the Nazis from getting an atomic bomb.......

But like everything with Heisenberg ;) , it is uncertain :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am willing to give Heisenberg the benefit of the doubt......... ;)

Even though I didn't observe him........ ;)

Because my cats say they like him better than Schrodinger ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr ... Heisenberg
Doc

Post by Doc »

10^27 joules --- The amount of energy in one cubic meter of "empty" space. The amount of energy output of the sun for one thousand years. The volume of "empty" space contained in the cube of the area of the head of a pin 2mm(or for that matter the volume of a mustard seed) holds the energy of the sun's output for two years.

The Czar bomb the largest man made nuclear explosion ever was 84^18 joules. In comparison the volume of the smallest single cell life form is 20 nanometers. An "empty" space volume with 2x10^26 joules of energy. Which is equivalent to 2.3 million Czar bombs.

In a light year there are ~ 10^16 meters. The volume of the observable universe being at least 3.5×10^80 cubic meters. On average there is one Hydrogen atom per 4 cubic meters in the universe. Yet there is equivalent of 4 times 10^19 hydrogen bombs of energy in that same 4m^3 of volume.

That is why they call the Higgs Boson the God particle.

CS if you see any errors in the above please feel free to correct them. Thanks.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Doc wrote:10^27 joules --- The amount of energy in one cubic meter of "empty" space. The amount of energy output of the sun for one thousand years. The volume of "empty" space contained in the cube of the area of the head of a pin 2mm(or for that matter the volume of a mustard seed) holds the energy of the sun's output for two years.

The Czar bomb the largest man made nuclear explosion ever was 84^18 joules. In comparison the volume of the smallest single cell life form is 20 nanometers. An "empty" space volume with 2x10^26 joules of energy. Which is equivalent to 2.3 million Czar bombs.

In a light year there are ~ 10^16 meters. The volume of the observable universe being at least 3.5×10^80 cubic meters. On average there is one Hydrogen atom per 4 cubic meters in the universe. Yet there is equivalent of 4 times 10^19 hydrogen bombs of energy in that same 4m^3 of volume.

That is why they call the Higgs Boson the God particle.

CS if you see any errors in the above please feel free to correct them.

Thanks.

That's fine, DOC

but

question is

when did all this started ? or originate

or

is it nessecary that there was a start or origin ? ?

logic itself must have had a start, in vaccum of universe, in "Nothing" nothing can be

Must ask Nima, he (both parents from Tabriz,Iran) from same town as Azari

Nima Arkani-Hamed just received the largest science prize ever .. The New York Times said the $3 million award is “the most lucrative academic prize in the world.”

noddy

Post by noddy »

hmm meta physics - is it science or is it science fiction that inspires science.

i love the fact we can smash things pretty small now, every time you think they have smashed that sh*t into the smallest piece, lo and behold, tech gets better and you can smash that f*cker some more.
ultracrepidarian