Crowdsourced Lawmaking

This too shall pass.
Enki

Crowdsourced Lawmaking

Post by Enki »

http://gigaom.com/europe/online-crowdso ... n-finland/

This is what I am working toward in the US. Data.gov was the primary reason I voted for Obama, so Obama actually did satisfy my main issue when I was supporting him. Those of you who actually listen to what I say might actually remember me talking about that in 2008.

I've been calling it the "Direct Democracy Engine".
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Jnalum Persicum

Re: Crowdsourced Lawmaking

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Enki wrote:.

This is what I am working toward in the US. Data.gov was the primary reason I voted for Obama, so Obama actually did satisfy my main issue when I was supporting him. Those of you who actually listen to what I say might actually remember me talking about that in 2008.

Tinker

this is old stuff

called "direct democracy"

I debated that

practiced in Switzerland .. very well known

Swiss have : INITIATIVE & REFERENDUM

meaning

if any Swiss

gathers (I think) 100,000 valid signature for any idea that should be enacted as law

if so

Swiss government is obliged to put that issue to referendum and act upon

in fact

Swiss parliament does not introduce laws , people do

but

this will not work in America

it would be death of American Capitalism system

In America, not the people, but the money decides

People think they somebody, but they nobody

people brainwashed and manipulated by elite, money and the smart ass

so

don't bother

not gonno fly

Last edited by Jnalum Persicum on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Enki wrote:http://gigaom.com/europe/online-crowdso ... n-finland/

Interesting. Old school democracy, especially the two-party terror in the US needs a serious update. I'd like to see in direct democracy a possibility for voting on issues.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Enki

Post by Enki »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:

Tinker

this is old stuff

I debated that

meaning

if any Swiss

gathers (I think) 100,000 valid signature for any idea that should be enacted as law

if so

in fact

Swiss paramagnetic does not introduce laws , people do

but

so

don't bother

not gonno fly

You are going on ignore now. All you ever post is, "I am so much cooler than you because I am Persian."
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Enki wrote:
Jnalum Persicum wrote:

Tinker

this is old stuff

I debated that

meaning

if any Swiss

if so

in fact

Swiss paramagnetic does not introduce laws , people do

but

so

don't bother

not gonno fly

You are going on ignore now. All you ever post is, "I am so much cooler than you because I am Persian."

come on, Tinker,

Did not touch on "Persian"

why the outburst ?

Humanität counts not coolness

Just reminded what Finland tinkering with is already in full operation in Switzerland and
works perfectly ..is the best of the best in terms of real democracy .. only in Switzerland people really decide politics and everything else, nowhere else

but

that would not be possible in America (my understanding you working on it)

In America, quite intentionally, money decides everything and not YOU

Enki

Post by Enki »

Parodite wrote:
Enki wrote:http://gigaom.com/europe/online-crowdso ... n-finland/

Interesting. Old school democracy, especially the two-party terror in the US needs a serious update. I'd like to see in direct democracy a possibility for voting on issues.
I don't like that our officials rely on a paucity of data and go with largely private sector polling organizations to find out how people feel about certain issues. If there were a way to directly poll your constituents, that would be the ideal. If I could go down to my Congressman's office take an online poll and let them know about how I feel on every single issue by flipping switches and assigning priorities, that would be a huge step up from current petitioning structures, though not in lieu of petitioning structures.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

What's that refrain again? Oh yes, something about what works in the small, homogenous, easily controlled enivrons are almost impossible to scale up to larger settings in any satisfactory way?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ammianus wrote:What's that refrain again? Oh yes, something about what works in the small, homogenous, easily controlled enivrons are almost impossible to scale up to larger settings in any satisfactory way?
This isn't actually direct democracy, not in any way shape or form really. This is just a mandate that your representatives vote on proposals put forth by the populace.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Can we get crowdsourced un-lawmaking? We have too few laws?
Censorship isn't necessary