Hoosiernorm

Re: Hurrican Sandy

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Enki

Post by Enki »

http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/the_slate ... treet.html

Occupy outperforms Red Cross in Hurricane relief.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I heard that they were dropping 3d printers into affected areas, should have electricity and gas very soon.
Censorship isn't necessary
noddy

Post by noddy »

of course they arent going to drop 3d printers, solar panels and water filters into those poorer areas.

the sneeky little buggers would start melting down the tonnes of coke bottles in the rubbish tips and then re make all their own crap for free.. which would piss off the government dependant utopia and the corporate dependant utopia agendas.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i have nfi if this is real or if i should have put it in levitas.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/ ... 6511235368
NO: We will not nuke hurricanes. And a US weather agency has responded to public pressure by explaining why.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has led its Hurricane Research Division's frequently asked questions page with an extraordinary - even for America - statement: "During each hurricane season, there always appear suggestions that one should simply use nuclear weapons to try and destroy the storms."
i suspect their is just something delicious in thinking americans believe you can fix anything with a big enough bomb
ultracrepidarian
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:i have nfi if this is real or if i should have put it in levitas.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/ ... 6511235368
NO: We will not nuke hurricanes. And a US weather agency has responded to public pressure by explaining why.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has led its Hurricane Research Division's frequently asked questions page with an extraordinary - even for America - statement: "During each hurricane season, there always appear suggestions that one should simply use nuclear weapons to try and destroy the storms."
i suspect their is just something delicious in thinking americans believe you can fix anything with a big enough bomb

The Chinese thought to reduce smog around Beijing for the 2008 Olympics by firing special artillery shells at clouds. Correlation is not causation, but the weather during the games was slightly better than usual, though arguably the ban of non-essential automobile traffic was a bigger factor. Perhaps something that communists and capitalists can agree upon: the desire to kill "mother nature" with a large enough bullet.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

S086I1DLFz8

WUWT | The political superstorm that devastated New York
Incompetence, stupidity, diversion, blame shifting, and false solutions to imaginary problems
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Congress voted to suspend Hurricane Relief for Sandy. Listening to Chris Christie eviscerate his own party was interesting.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/nyreg ... ctims.html

Congress passes $ 9.7b aid package for Sandy.

Better late than never and better insufficient than nothing at all.
-Alexander Hamilton