Another leftist milestone: UN control of the internet

This too shall pass.
Mr. Perfect

Another leftist milestone: UN control of the internet

Post by Mr. Perfect »

One ring to rule them all. Get 'em all online then all you need is one noose. Congratulations leftists, your goal to enslave humanity is nearing completion. But as a heads up, it's not going to end well for you (see bottom).

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/un- ... 64018.html
Next week the United Nations' International Telecommunications Union will meet in Dubai to figure out how to control the Internet. Representatives from 193 nations will attend the nearly two week long meeting, according to news reports.
Un-flag-square.png

"Next week the ITU holds a negotiating conference in Dubai, and past months have brought many leaks of proposals for a new treaty. U.S. congressional resolutions and much of the commentary, including in this column, have focused on proposals by authoritarian governments to censor the Internet. Just as objectionable are proposals that ignore how the Internet works, threatening its smooth and open operations," reports the Wall Street Journal.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Re: Another leftist milestone: UN control of the internet

Post by Doc »

http://www.extremetech.com/internet/140 ... e-internet
Russia wants United Nations to have control of the internet

But the good news is we can see more of Putin's physical exploits, as well as, his beautiful female followers!!!

ImageImage

And nyet !!! to
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Enki

Post by Enki »

LOL, Leftist control.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

This would be a total disaster. I can't imagine why anyone in the United States, 'leftist' or otherwise, would be in favor of this.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

World government has been a leftist goal for over a century or so, this is the realization of your wildest dreams. Congratulations, your visions are becoming reality. Enjoy them.
noddy

Post by noddy »

while mr p can hope that the nationalist and libertarian sections of the right are relevent i havent seen it on these issues quite frankly... ditto the libertine anything goes sections of the left

piracy and copyright, intellectual property protection, terrorism, infrastructure protection, kiddie pron, drug smugglers .. all good bipartisan reasons that governments around the world "need" to cooperate and control the internet.

universe of lies to believe otherwise.

your late to the party anyway mr p, ive been posting the increments on this for ages, started a few years ago with the g7 meetings in france when they started hammering out the details.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

^^^^^
Personally I am feeling ambivalent towards the internet. Nearly all web pages have multiple scripts running to detect who you are and track your movements online. Obama's BigData certainly made the difference in the election, and will continue.

Never mind it was Obama. It could have been either party. But when a politician has the power to send your neighborhood minder around when the algorithms detect you are having doubts about your support for them, in order to bring you back into the fold, watch out. It is no longer a matter of censorship it is a matter of complete style over substance.

Politicians lie. If they tell a good enough story they get elected. All they have to do is tell people what they want to hear. The only thing they have to do otherwise is take care of their big contributors, and screw everyone else.
Last edited by Doc on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:while mr p can hope that the nationalist and libertarian sections of the right are relevent i havent seen it on these issues quite frankly... ditto the libertine anything goes sections of the left
You got me all wrong all of those people are dustbin of history now. It's little red book leftists that run us top to bottom. I did everything I knew how to oppose them, I knew this is what they were working for, and they've won. I hope you all enjoy it.
piracy and copyright, intellectual property protection, terrorism, infrastructure protection, kiddie pron, drug smugglers .. all good bipartisan reasons that governments around the world "need" to cooperate and control the internet.
And the capper is that they won't even do anything about those issues! Boy they have a con going.
universe of lies to believe otherwise.

your late to the party anyway mr p, ive been posting the increments on this for ages, started a few years ago with the g7 meetings in france when they started hammering out the details.
Naw I've been at the party since the age of 4. Hammering leftists into the ground was programmed into my genetics, been doing it since childhood. But you guys have won, enjoy the spoils. Or whatever it is that comes next.

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:World government has been a leftist goal for over a century or so, this is the realization of your wildest dreams. Congratulations, your visions are becoming reality. Enjoy them.
Patent nonsense. An example of the kind of 'nuanced' thinking that handed us the election.
noddy

Post by noddy »

so when are ron paul or gary johnston going to be allowed to play in the gop mainstream mr p.

seems to me the entire party are rino's within your worldview.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:World government has been a leftist goal for over a century or so, this is the realization of your wildest dreams. Congratulations, your visions are becoming reality. Enjoy them.
Patent nonsense. An example of the kind of 'nuanced' thinking that handed us the election.
Nah, this election makes all of the above possible. Enjoy it. Your leftist forebears have worked very hard for you to enjoy this. Don't go wobbly now.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:so when are ron paul or gary johnston going to be allowed to play in the gop mainstream mr p.

seems to me the entire party are rino's within your worldview.
Gary Johnson's job is to get himself the name recognition to get in the door. he didn't do t. Now running 3rd party he's finished his chances. His mistakes.

RP made his own mistakes, there was a moment where it looked possible, but that's the way the ball crumbles if you will. Though what this has to do with anything I'm not sure, there is no reason to believe America would not accept either of those fellows.
noddy

Post by noddy »

as i mentioned before, even idiots on the other side of the world like me know about both of them due to the fact that if you are a traditional liberty orientated person then those names come up everywhere - so your name recognition stance cuts both ways, it says to me that these are not mainstream gop concerns.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

As I said I see no way that GJ is going to make it in America if foreign countries know more about him than Americans of any party.

Anyhow it's all woulda could shoulda, the era of individual liberty and limited government is over. Until this that is.

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote:piracy and copyright, intellectual property protection, terrorism, infrastructure protection, kiddie pron, drug smugglers .. all good bipartisan reasons that governments around the world "need" to cooperate and control the internet.
Yeah; the whole thing will be controlled for the sake of commerce. Everything in the name of commerce.

And I am thoroughly disturbed; but when we got to the point where "INTERNET" became a necessity....what do you do?

I mean, I don't even like to give out my real name in public- forget about cookies- "major" sites all take your e-mail address or use that Disqus platform that bundles every comment you make into one easy package....gives me the creeps.

And when you go out of your way to do little things, as ineffective as they are, like setting up multiple e-mail addresses to give for those sites- at best you are thought of as eccentric. At worst....well...you got to get on board, right?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Doc wrote:^^^^^
Personally I am feeling ambivalent towards the internet. Nearly all web pages have multiple scripts running to detect who you are and track your movements online. Obama's BigData certainly made the difference in the election, and will continue.

Never mind it was Obama. It could have been either party. But when a politician has the power to send your neighborhood minder around when the algorithms detect you are having doubts about your support for them, in order to bring you back into the fold, watch out. It is no longer a matter of censorship it is a matter of complete style over substance.

Politicians lie. If they tell a good enough story they get elected. All they have to do is tell people what they want to hear. The only thing they have to do otherwise is take care of their big contributors, and screw everyone else.
They already kind of do. Obama contacted every Democrat in Cayuga (sp?) Ohio three times in the last two days. Three unique personal visits.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Privacy is almost over due to the private sector. If I had a million to hire some NLP geeks I could probably figure out who anyone is on a pseudonymous message board.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:
Doc wrote:^^^^^

They already kind of do. Obama contacted every Democrat in Cayuga (sp?) Ohio three times in the last two days. Three unique personal visits.

There were 441,000 votes for Obama in Cayuga county in 2008. Times three is over one million visits. :shock:
Enki

Post by Enki »

My friend who went to Cayuga for the final week said it was 375,000 x 3. Maybe not in two days, but in the final week.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

World Government has been accomplished for longer than anyone posting on this forum has been alive.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:My friend who went to Cayuga for the final week said it was 375,000 x 3. Maybe not in two days, but in the final week.
Surreal. Driven by data. A nation wide political machine. Elections are now a sham.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Doc wrote:
Enki wrote:My friend who went to Cayuga for the final week said it was 375,000 x 3. Maybe not in two days, but in the final week.
Surreal. Driven by data. A nation wide political machine. Elections are now a sham.
The business I am trying to break into is to create apps that lower the barrier to entry for campaigns to have those kinds of tools. That way Independents, Libertarians, etc... have more of a fighting chance against these BigData shenanigans.
-Alexander Hamilton
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:A nation wide political machine.
Sounds like the New Deal.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:A nation wide political machine.
Sounds like the New Deal.
Similar but Roosevelt and the Democrats nationally counted on local political machines. Not a national one.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote:
Doc wrote:
The business I am trying to break into is to create apps that lower the barrier to entry for campaigns to have those kinds of tools. That way Independents, Libertarians, etc... have more of a fighting chance against these BigData shenanigans.
I thought you were going to move to a commune. I'm shocked you didn't do that.