Anti-Americanism worldwide

This too shall pass.
Ibrahim

Re: Anti-Americanism worldwide

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
What a bunch of hypocrites. You should invade their countries and murder/torture them until they knock it off.
Don't have to they now that lerned out how to self invade. For better or worse they are on their own despite how much you wish that were not so.
How many countries is the US presently engaging in military operations in? Talking about countries that are having revolutions or civil wars without US involvement isn't relevant. But more on this to follow.

DI you feel there are too many human rights and too much free speech on the internet?
Given that the forum administrator told me that the majority of the members here want me banned, I'm going to go ahead and say that there isn't enough free speech on the Internet. :lol:
I don't want you banned and I would hope that others would come to appreciate your presence. After all you make a most excellent straw man. [/quote]

The admin did say I am only kept here as a token for this very purpose, so you're definitely on to something. Not that I mind.

But this is my fault for violating the most sacred religion in America: militarism.
Indeed Indeed We are not a Islamic state here just yet. Perhaps if you wore a burka while posting here that would help
Interesting how many times you've accused me of being a terrorist supporter or extremist simply because I oppose the murder of civilians.
Last edited by Ibrahim on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Re-reading the entire thread, it seems like there are three main types of response.

1. "Ibs you're a hypocrite because you don't think its ok to hate blacks but you do think its ok to hate Americans even though its the same thing! Also, you're Muslim." Not really going to argue this one. Fine, I'm a total piece of lavender. Everybody wins. Moving on.

2. The people who have a problem with America really have no right to have a problem with America. Either its their own fault, or their are really just jealous and not miffed about murder/torture/rape, or other countries are worse so why pick on the poor lil' USA when they aren't even as bad as exhibit A. I guess this is the most fertile one to quibble over, and the most obvious response to criticism: invalidate the people making the criticism.

3. Most interestingly, nobody even touched on the idea that the US could stop doing the things that are so upsetting to people. Not even a discussion of their necessity or possible net benefits, just totally ignored. War has to happen and civilians have to die and why discuss it? The cognitive lock is so severe that no other option is even considered.

But this is actually my advice, and I don't see why its beneath consideration:

Stop killing civilians. Don't kill any more civilians. Just stop it. Stop killing civilians. What's the worst that could happen? Just stop.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Ibrahim wrote: 3. Most interestingly, nobody even touched on the idea that the US could stop doing the things that are so upsetting to people. Not even a discussion of their necessity or possible net benefits, just totally ignored. War has to happen and civilians have to die and why discuss it? The cognitive lock is so severe that no other option is even considered.
This has been touched upon repeatedly on this forum.

Stop killing civilians. Don't kill any more civilians. Just stop it. Stop killing civilians. What's the worst that could happen? Just stop.
The worst thing that could happen is some Saudi guy taking refuge among civilians in Pakistan while launching devastating, lethal attacks against US civilians.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
What a bunch of hypocrites. You should invade their countries and murder/torture them until they knock it off.
Don't have to they now that learned out how to self invade. For better or worse they are on their own despite how much you wish that were not so.
How many countries is the US presently engaging in military operations in? Talking about countries that are having revolutions or civil wars without US involvement isn't relevant.
Pretty pathetic Ibrahim. Is that all you got? :lol:

But more on this to follow,
By all means

DI you feel there are too many human rights and too much free speech on the internet?
Given that the forum administrator told me that the majority of the members here want me banned, I'm going to go ahead and say that there isn't enough free speech on the Internet. :lol:
I don't want you banned and I would hope that others would come to appreciate your presence. After all you make a most excellent straw man. [/quote]

The admin did say I am only kept here as a token for this very purpose, so you're definitely on to something. [/quote]

Really? He actually said that? Are you sure?
Not that I mind.
Strawmen usually don't :) But if you actually get banned then they may as well ban me too.

But this is my fault for violating the most sacred religion in America: militarism.
Indeed Indeed We are not a Islamic state here just yet. Perhaps if you wore a burka while posting here that would help
Interesting how many times you've accused me of being a terrorist supporter or extremist simply because I oppose the murder of civilians.
You oppose a lot of things. You started this thread.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
RPM

Post by RPM »

Ibrahim wrote:
RPM wrote:Also India , Bangladesh & Indonesia constitute more than half of Asian Muslim population , and they have more favorable opinion of US. It would be difficult to interpret that muslims in general have unfavorable opinion of US.
This is a good point. Worth noting that Bangladesh and Indonesia are two nations in which US forces are almost completely absent.
Ibrahim,

It is tough to put any single criteria on why folks have unfavorable opinion. Also I wont interpret 'unfavorable = hate'.

Malaysia , Morocco & Greece don’t have any US military presence , but they are unfavorable.

Germany, Japan & South Korea have US military in their soil and they are favorable.

US killed civilians in Vietnam , and they are favorable. Probably we killed lot more Germans than anything in the Muslim world and they are favorable.

US has financed Pakistan for decades as a CENTO ally and later as a WOT ally. But they are unfavorable.

What I am saying is - people interpret the result and assign causes based on their convictions. Purely political.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Don't have to they now that learned out how to self invade. For better or worse they are on their own despite how much you wish that were not so.
How many countries is the US presently engaging in military operations in? Talking about countries that are having revolutions or civil wars without US involvement isn't relevant.
Pretty pathetic Ibrahim. Is that all you got?
Its all I need. The point of the thread is that anti-American sentiment is rising because the US kills or injures civilians all over the world.

You can't dispute that the US does this, so what else can you do but either change the subject or excuse the killings? You've tried both.

Actually most of these threads in which you have accused me of terrorism/extremism have been about my opposition to one specific thing. Can you tell what it is?
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

RPM wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
RPM wrote:Also India , Bangladesh & Indonesia constitute more than half of Asian Muslim population , and they have more favorable opinion of US. It would be difficult to interpret that muslims in general have unfavorable opinion of US.
This is a good point. Worth noting that Bangladesh and Indonesia are two nations in which US forces are almost completely absent.
Ibrahim,

It is tough to put any single criteria on why folks have unfavorable opinion. Also I wont interpret 'unfavorable = hate'.
Undoubtedly it is a whole spectrum of opinions, the main point is what drives more people towards the negative opinions.

I don't agree with your subsequent list of who is favorable or unfavorable towards the US and why. It contradicts some of the other opinions and data given in this thread, and I you seem to neglect the cumulative effects. E.g. some people in a country that the US is not invading may hate Americans for their general conduct on principle, another country that feels kinship with a country being victimized by the US would feel more strongly, and the countries being directly effects would feel the most strongly. You seem to be firmly within the second category of responses I gave earlier: that anti-American sentiment is not objective or linked to US actions in any coherent way. I think this is a tough sell.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Zack Morris wrote:

The worst thing that could happen is some Saudi guy taking refuge among civilians in Pakistan while launching devastating, lethal attacks against US civilians.
Yeah, maybe. I guess you need to just keep killing Yemeni children forever, just in case. Like some kind of Aztec sacrifice to make sure the sun keeps rising.

What else could you possibly do? Except stop killing them and see what happens, of course.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibs supported the US and others killing innocent civilians in Libya, and if pressed I could find other examples.

He's jerking y'alls chains.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:Re-reading the entire thread, it seems like there are three main types of response.

1. "Ibs you're a hypocrite because you don't think its ok to hate blacks but you do think its ok to hate Americans even though its the same thing!" Not really going to argue this one. Fine, I'm a total piece of lavender. Everybody wins. Moving on.
Well that only took a few years.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ibrahim wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:

Yeah, maybe. I guess you need to just keep killing Yemeni children forever, just in case. Like some kind of Aztec sacrifice to make sure the sun keeps rising.

What else could you possibly do? Except stop killing them and see what happens, of course.
Ain't War Hell
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:

Ain't War Hell

They should re-dub this so instead of saying "get some" he's saying "hi haters."
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:

Ain't War Hell

They should re-dub this so instead of saying "get some" he's saying "hi haters."
No one does dark comedy any more.....

I think America could use a good dose of it
Been busy doing stuff
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Possible Solutions and Non-Solutions..

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:Re-reading the entire thread, it seems like there are three main types of response.

1. "Ibs you're a hypocrite because you don't think its ok to hate blacks but you do think its ok to hate Americans even though its the same thing! Also, you're Muslim." Not really going to argue this one. Fine, I'm a total piece of lavender. Everybody wins. Moving on.

2. The people who have a problem with America really have no right to have a problem with America. Either its their own fault, or their are really just jealous and not miffed about murder/torture/rape, or other countries are worse so why pick on the poor lil' USA when they aren't even as bad as exhibit A. I guess this is the most fertile one to quibble over, and the most obvious response to criticism: invalidate the people making the criticism.

3. Most interestingly, nobody even touched on the idea that the US could stop doing the things that are so upsetting to people. Not even a discussion of their necessity or possible net benefits, just totally ignored. War has to happen and civilians have to die and why discuss it? The cognitive lock is so severe that no other option is even considered.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.

That can be a bit hard, Ibrahim....... Often rather hard to tell who is a harmless civilian and who is a full or part-time Jihadi........

The problem is that AIUI the Jihadi warriors usually do not wear military uniforms that say Al Queda/Caliphate identifying them as combatants......

One could possibly contend that wearing tribal robes & head dress and having a prayer bruise and/or hole in the forehead like Ayman Al Zawahiri be considered a uniform but I doubt that you would be pleased by US soldiers shooting people on just on that basis..........

But the problem goes beyond that......

The Jihadis have picked up Assasin habits........ They are quite willing to use Afghan Army Uniforms in order to get close enough to kill American and Afghan troops.....
They have been even willing to disguise themselves as Jet Airplane Student pilots in order to gain access to commercial Airliners and turn them into manned cruise missile to destroy skyscrapers in America if you remember September 11, 2001 :evil:

To remedy this problem, my advice ;) is that you go to Afghanistan and other places of Muslim conflict with Infidels and persuade the Jihadis there to start wearing military uniforms. :idea: Fluorescent orange would be best :twisted: but I would be satisfied with military khaki with suitable text identifying the wearer as a Jihadi Warrior Perp. :twisted:

Also please get the Jihadis to stop trying to kill civilians either Muslim or Infidel: from Americans like they did on September 11, 2001 to that Pakistani girl shot on a school bus for advocating for education for girls.m :evil:

Do that and I expect the problem may be largely solved.......*

If on the other hand, you want American and Allied Troops to act like civilian policemen and wander around waiting for disguised Jihadi to ambush them while reading their Miranda rights to other suspects to be taken back to America for multimillion dollar trials like we did with the "20th 911 Hijacker and let the perp mock us meanwhile before being sent to expensive prison cell to wait for his buddies to take hostages to get him out...........

Well, that IMVHO should be a non-starter......... ;)

Does this mean I advocate making Afghanistan a combo parking lot and toxic waste dump or droning away ;) till they are all dead......

No. It does not.......

I want to try something a bit more subtle........ Paying Afghan women to attend classes given in concealed carry of guns......... Teaching them that if they are assaulted or fear for their lives that they are justified in using deadly force......... Offering reward both monetary and in desired real goods for those who successfully defend themselves or their children.......

Will this work to change the male/female power equation to effectively neuter Islam as we know it in Afghanistan?.... Not sure......... But I think it is worth a try......

If Don't Ask Don't Tell is repealed, I might tempted to advocate having the gun instructors be chauvinist male hating lesbians but that might be too much like the sealed train the Germans used to get Lenin into Russia during WW1 :shock: :twisted:

What's the worst that could happen?
Hmmm...... Probably them smuggling in a Paki, Nork or Russian Mob Nuke or other WMD.....

911 on Steroids could be VERY BAD too......

If Osama had thought bigger, we might not be not ;) :lol: having this ghostly conversation.........

**Even if you don't succeed, I might write something nice about you to be used at your funeral.
AIUI some of those Jihadi types can be IDLH to anyone who gets near them insufficient Muslim or Infidel.
Last edited by monster_gardener on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

All I know is that if another country invaded my town or was bombing it, I'd turn West LA into Fallujah. I wouldn't ask who did what or why they had come, either. I'm killing anyone that even smells like the foreign devils in my backyard, including local collaborators.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:All I know is that if another country invaded my town or was bombing it, I'd turn West LA into Fallujah. I wouldn't ask who did what or why they had come, either. I'm killing anyone that even smells like the foreign devils in my backyard, including local collaborators.
Ah !!! That explains all the dead Muslims in NYC Washington and PA.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Juggernaut Nihilism

He said what's the worst that could happen. You gotta remember that to Ibs, an American city getting nuked ain't such a bad thing, particularly if it's someplace like Omaha, full mostly of white devils, a safe distance away from the saints in the crips and bloods.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Pretty pathetic Ibrahim. Is that all you got?
Its all I need. The point of the thread is that anti-American sentiment is rising because the US kills or injures civilians all over the world.

You can't dispute that the US does this, so what else can you do but either change the subject or excuse the killings? You've tried both.
Me? I am just analyzing your motives. I tried asking you what they were, and you, as per usual, evaded the question.
Actually most of these threads in which you have accused me of terrorism/extremism have been about my position to one specific thing. Can you tell what it is?[/quote]

I have never once accused you of being a terrorist. Not once. You do however regularly scream that you are a victim. You regularly show your intolerance of people that disagree with you You do not seem to be able to acknowledge that adults can have honest disagreements without the one disagreeing with you not being somehow evil racists

I have caught you propagating things that simply are not true. Like Al Awlaki's son dying with him driving to a wedding. When al Awlakis own parents say that the son died in a missile strike on another member of Al qaeda.

“The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence.” A. Huxley.
Juggernaut Nihilism

Ibs is a paranoid with no concept of loyal opposition. Anyone who disagrees is not just wrong, but of questionable character, possibly dangerous. An enemy to be silenced. Such people do not understand democracy and never will. They are the folks who self-righteously spout about the rights of man, while sending enemies of the people to the guillotine or the gulag without a thought of the irony.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibs is just a person with an agenda and no scruples. Fairly pedestrian.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... grows?lite
Eager to learn more about his Muslim heritage, the 15 year old had stumbled onto violent jihadi videos and become addicted. The anti-American rhetoric proved intoxicating to an immigrant boy struggling to find an identity in a place that embraced neither his race nor his religion.

Khalid began translating from Urdu to English sermons and violent jihadi videos -- snuff-style images of U.S. soldiers in the throes of death, and beheadings of Americans Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl. Khalid posted the videos and began to solicit money online for al-Qaida. He never aspired to kill anyone personally. He later described himself as a "keyboard warrior."
So how many missiles did Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl drop on Muslim civilians? Must have been a lot considering young kalid managed to raise money showing their "just" beheadings.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Its all I need. The point of the thread is that anti-American sentiment is rising because the US kills or injures civilians all over the world.

Me? I am just analyzing your motives. I tried asking you what they were, and you, as per usual, evaded the question.
Please cite the original question which you claim I avoided.

Actually most of these threads in which you have accused me of terrorism/extremism have been about my position to one specific thing. Can you tell what it is?
I have never once accused you of being a terrorist. Not once. You do however regularly scream that you are a victim.
You claimed that I was sympathetic to al Qaeda and wanted to establish a "global caliphate." If you think you have unfairly mischaracterized that position please clairfy what you meant.

I cannot be a victim because nobody here has any power over me whatsoever and can do nothing to harm me. The majority of people on this forum are deeply prejudiced against Muslims, and react with hostility to any critique of American policy of Western supremacism, but this is essentially harmless.

You regularly show your intolerance of people that disagree with you
How?
I have caught you propagating things that simply are not true.
Please cite a single example where you have proven something I said to be untrue.

Like Al Awlaki's son dying with him driving to a wedding.

This is not a controversial claim, nor did you provide a shred of evidence that it is untrue. You merely stated that another individual was believed to be in the car who turned out later not to have been, and that said individual was an AQ bomb maker.

When al Awlakis own parents say that the son died in a missile strike on another member of Al qaeda.
So? He was a US citizen and minor child killed by the US military without any due process on a civilian road in a country with which the US is not even at war. Don't you think that's a problem? Why is it so important to continue to kill civilians?
Last edited by Ibrahim on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:Ibs is a paranoid with no concept of loyal opposition. Anyone who disagrees is not just wrong, but of questionable character, possibly dangerous. An enemy to be silenced. Such people do not understand democracy and never will. They are the folks who self-righteously spout about the rights of man, while sending enemies of the people to the guillotine or the gulag without a thought of the irony.
Aside from being a false personal attack, its interesting how the desperation to defend militarism and the killing of civilians causes you to make such ironic personal attacks. I'm the intolerant would-be killer because I don't want the US to murder children in the third world. I'm paranoid because I'm referring to policies that nobody even disputes. I'm a hypocrite because I oppose both racism and killings civilians, and somehow this is inconsistent.

Certainly there is nothing wrong with the ongoing killings conducted by the US government. They must continue. You can't stop. Actually you can't even say that maybe you should stop. The real problem is people who don't like the ongoing murders conducted by the US military.

Well fine them. I'm scum, and nothing I say should be taken seriously by patriotic heroes. Now could you stop killing civilians? Could you tell me why you can't, and what is gained my continuing to kill them?
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote: an American city getting nuked ain't such a bad thing,
Do you think that killing civilians in Yemen will prevent an American city from getting nukes? Why? How many civilians must the US kill in order to be safe from such a threat?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote: Aside from being a false personal attack, its interesting how the desperation to defend militarism and the killing of civilians causes you to make such ironic personal attacks. I'm the intolerant would-be killer because I don't want the US to murder children in the third world.
you were fine with it when it happened in Libya.
I'm paranoid because I'm referring to policies that nobody even disputes. I'm a hypocrite because I oppose both racism and killings civilians, and somehow this is inconsistent.
You don't oppose either, you support both.
Certainly there is nothing wrong with the ongoing killings conducted by the US government. They must continue. You can't stop. Actually you can't even say that maybe you should stop. The real problem is people who don't like the ongoing murders conducted by the US military.
the real problem is that lots of people reserve the right to kill when they feel like it, yourself included, so no one takes you seriously.
Well fine them. I'm scum, and nothing I say should be taken seriously by patriotic heroes. Now could you stop killing civilians? Could you tell me why you can't, and what is gained my continuing to kill them?
You can answer your own question though. If you get to kill civilians ala Libya, and whatever other wars you support through history, you have to let other people do it too.