World Population Growth is slowing, may see global decline

This too shall pass.
Mr. Perfect

Re: World Population Growth is slowing, may see global decli

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote:A) I want to teleport into your living room right now. Didn't work. Hmm...I guess my will is constrained. Who knew?

B) non sequitur, has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Actually A is directly bearing on B. No one said, no one ever argued that free will was to whatever your heart desires, to do whatever thing comes into your mind, it's one great big strawman you've built an wail on. No one else believes that. No one ever argued that. Ayn Rand never said that. Milton Friedman never said that. Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan, James Madison, Aristotle, they never said that.

Free will is the ability to choose among the available options you have according to your own desires and wishes, as long as those choices are within your rights to make. As you famously said, freedom is the freedom to rape. No one argued that. No one said free will was the freedom to rape. That was your strawman. Free will is your gift and the gift of the women you would rape. So you may not violate their choice. It is not a choice available to you. Free will is the ability to choose among your rightly available choices, and the power to create new options whenever possible. As a result in my lifetime people have had choices available to them never imagined by previous periods of human history. The leftists hate this in a Satanic fashion and have set about to destroy it.

What we believe is that in NK people are imprisoned and punished for choices that you and I are not punished. They experience a misery you do not because their ability to choose freely from their available options according to their own will and preference has been taken from them by leftists, as leftists have always done and always will do.
After all that parsing lets just get back to the notion that if someone is hungry you can give them food without giving them money.

I don't tear down civilization at all. I think it's funny that you think that 'fraud should be prosecuted, and lets stop bombing people in other countries, and lets not legislate cultural customs like wearing pants.', is tearing down civilization to you.
Well to keep it simple and not drag out your years of civilization destroying ideas we'll focus on the tearing down of corporations, of people to have their rights enshrined in the corporate form. As collectivists have always done you find the one piece of the engine that will cause it to fail, condemn that piece so that in your mind people won't realize that you are really trying to destroy the engine. "No, I'm ok with the engine, it's that dirty CAMSHAFT that's so immoral. We must destroy the CAMSHAFT! You can have all the engines you want, just no CAMSHAFT."

By destroying the corporation you destroy civilization itself and though you obviously don't know exactly how that works you know what the end result will be all the same, as do I. As do your fellow leftists.

But modern leftist faces a problem that has given them schizophrenia. They hate the corporation but they love the jets and country clubs it gives them. So they are for it and against it. People like you go in the streets and take acid in the face to destroy the corporation, then when you calm down you go and join one, and reap the selfish benefits.
Actually he wasn't talking about sin at all. He was saying if we loved everybody as much as we love ourselves, then we know what its like to love God. You're hung up on the details. The only sin is not loving God and his creation properly. All of the rest are just permutations. You extract the love from it and make it about all the legalisms. You pick and choose the sins of others to get incensed about and forgive yourself any of your own sins. You think you get to pick and choose which of God's people are 'evil'. You're not the judge of that.

That's the last war Tinker. The war we face is national bankruptcy and humanitarian crisis and world war because your ideas produced them, as they always do. While you run away from these sins because like leftists before you don't want to own up to them, you can't admit that your most cherished beliefs are a cancer to mankind and we are now truly reaping the whirlwind.
My point has always been that we as a people should take care of one another.
Your point has always been a one size fits all solution. A lot of us simply have other goals and other ways we wish to attain them, we don't want to do it the way you want to do it.

Largely because your ideas and the way you want to do it destroys human lives, not helps them.
As you may have noticed, though it clearly seems to have passed right by your attentions, I spend a whole lot more of my effort trying to get services provided through citizen volunteerism than I do by lobbying my representatives. Usually when I talk to representatives, I ask them to stop hurting my fellow citizens with pepper spray and billy clubs and the like. On a number of occasions I have gone into the offices of reps that have large constituencies that I am trying to talk to, like say, Haitian-Americans.
I believe that is how you spend your time.

However, I know why you do that now. You do it because your recent collectivization effort (Obama 2008) blew up in your face, as it has blown up in the face of leftists every time it's tried. And like the Zack Morris chainsaw circumciser who just wants another go at it, I'll get it right this time, the idea of actually not circumcising with a chainsaw because it's not the tool for the job doesn't occur to you.

You salve your conscience and keep up your appearances with your little community activist efforts, convincing yourself of your rightness as the behemoth government you and yours worked so hard to build unleashes it's ultimate and final destructive act. "No, that's not me, I had nothing to do with that".

You pat yourself on the back for throwing a stranded fish back into the water, as all life in the ocean dies. You pop a zit as cancer infects the body. You're bailing out the Titanic with a 5 gallon bucket. And you're not doing it because your not smart, you're doing it to distract yourself and others from the fact that you poisoned the whole ocean, you smoked the cigarettes, you ran the Titanic into the iceberg.
I wouldn't mind seeing such a small Federal Government. But what I think applies at the Federal level doesn't have to apply at the municipal level. I would still like to see a NYC Public Option for healthcare. And this is precisely why I mention wearing pants. You say you are for small government, but when I point out a silly thing that government does, legislate how we dress, you think it's ridiculous that I'd even bring it up. Nannies tell their wards how to dress. That's one of their core responsibilities. How can you be against a nanny state and then say that telling me how to dress is an appropriate role for the government? It's ok for the government to tell me how to dress, but not what gun I can buy?
Nobody takes the pants argument seriously. They roll their eyes and wish you'd stop acting like such an durian. Nobody thinks you're being serious. People don't wear pants because of the government. They want to wear pants because they want to cover up their privates. Their gennies They don't want people staring at their gennies. I guess someone passed a law against it, on your say so, but nobody even knows about it, and nobody is in jail because of it.

You talk about pants because you don't want people to look at the great big hole in the Titanic's hull that you put there. Look away! Look away! Don't look at the country burning to the ground, let's talk about pants! You guys make me wear pants!

It doesn't matter. It's too late. You can organize your community, there is nothing I can do about it, the only curiosity is whether or not you'll be honest with yourself when that community starts to riot against you and burn itself to the ground.
Censorship isn't necessary