Pope Down

This too shall pass.
Hoosiernorm

Re: Pope Down

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Yeah the POTUS is a gay Kenyan born Muslim and the Pope is ghey! Welcome to the universe of social media.

I had heard that he swallowed 8 spiders and that's the reason he is resigning. :D
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Yeah the POTUS is a gay Kenyan born Muslim and the Pope is ghey! Welcome to the universe of social media.

I had heard that he swallowed 8 spiders and that's the reason he is resigning. :D
:lol:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and genuflects like a duck, then it's a . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:As one wag noted, LBGT has gone from "that love that dare not speak it's name" to "the love that can't shut it's mouth."
I recall MLK made about speech about white liberals telling the civil rights movement to slow down, take it easy, not rock the boat too much. Just as he rejected that advice, there is no reason for homosexual activists to stop at anything short of full legal equality and protection.

However there is no connection between homosexual rights movements in various countries and the strange internal culture of the Catholic clergy, or the efforts of some to scapegoat homosexuals for the pedophilia scandal and coverup.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:As one wag noted, LBGT has gone from "that love that dare not speak it's name" to "the love that can't shut it's mouth."
I recall MLK made about speech about white liberals telling the civil rights movement to slow down, take it easy, not rock the boat too much. Just as he rejected that advice, there is no reason for homosexual activists to stop at anything short of full legal equality and protection.
I remember when I said that the government should get out of marriage, civil unions for everyone, the people who want gay marriage were totally against that idea. They wanted marriage dammit!
However there is no connection between homosexual rights movements in various countries and the strange internal culture of the Catholic clergy, or the efforts of some to scapegoat homosexuals for the pedophilia scandal and coverup.
I'm not worried about out of the closet homosexuals, but in the closet homosexuals are some deviant motherfuckers. Kind of like the dudes who beat their wives but look down on BDSM.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Yeah the POTUS is a gay Kenyan born Muslim and the Pope is ghey! Welcome to the universe of social media.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and genuflects like a duck, then it's a . . .
Inphalarope - though now reclassified as a tired old coot.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Sparky wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

The "too pooped to Pope" explanation doesn't strike me as credible, either.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

How about the "too Poped to poop" explanation?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Well, if the priesthood can misunderstand "celebrate" as "celibate" I guess they might confuse "consecration" with "constiptaton" as well.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Enki

Post by Enki »

Typhoon wrote:

Spider eating faggot?
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Gay Pato Ducks

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:

Thank You Very Much for your post, Typhoon.

Ironically in Spanish, pato which means "duck" can also mean "gay/homsexual".............
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Well, if the priesthood can misunderstand "celebrate" as "celibate" I guess they might confuse "consecration" with "constiptaton" as well.
Or "consecration" with "copulation"
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Evidently by resigning Ratzinger has forced the resignation of all senior Vatican appointees. This resignation may prove to be a selfless way of instituting church reform.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/pa ... e-question

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Evidently by resigning Ratzinger has forced the resignation of all senior Vatican appointees. This resignation may prove to be a selfless way of instituting church reform.
One would hope. However, what do you think are the odds that the Old Boy gang will elect One of their own?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Poll Shows Disconnect Between U.S. Catholics and Church

Three-fourths of those polled said they thought it was a good idea for Benedict to resign. Most wanted the next pope to be “someone younger, with new ideas.” A majority said they wanted the next pope to make the church’s teachings more liberal.

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Evidently by resigning Ratzinger has forced the resignation of all senior Vatican appointees. This resignation may prove to be a selfless way of instituting church reform.
One would hope. However, what do you think are the odds that the Old Boy gang will elect One of their own?

The fact that everything revolves around the College of Cardinals, and the cardinals are appointed by the previous one or several popes, prevents any radical changes from happening.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Science fiction author predicts Benedict's election and resignation.
cultivate a white rose
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

The fact that everything revolves around the College of Cardinals, and the cardinals are appointed by the previous one or several popes, prevents any radical changes from happening.
You are probably right, but the BoI scandal also seems to be a major influence. The Vatican was cut off from European banking and not much later Ratzinger announces his resignation and the Vatican's credit card machines were turned on the same day.

I've never been to the Vatican, but the timing suggests the international currency wars are an influence on the papacy. I don't know what is happening, but it doesn't sound like business as usual.

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Pope Up

Post by Typhoon »

The RC faith has a new one.
YMix

Post by YMix »

New thread: Pope up
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.