Obama
25%
Xi Jinping
50%

Total votes: 8

Mr. Perfect

Poll: Most powerful head of state?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Who is it, currently. I think according to whose will becomes policy it would have to Putin, with Obama last.
Censorship isn't necessary
Demon of Undoing

Re: Poll: Most powerful head of state?

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Russia.Stable oil in a peak oil world.

End of line.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Obama submits, acknowledges Mother Russia is his leader.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013 ... a-strategy
Apparently, once again with respect to Syria, the White House was caught off guard by events they are frantically reacting to instead of shaping. Speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper, a White House official publicly responded to Russian President Vladmir Putin's New York Times op-ed with the admission that Putin "now owns" and has "fully asserted ownership" of America's current foreign policy focal point; pushing Syria to surrender its chemical weapons:

“That’s all irrelevant,” the White House official said in response [to Putin's op-ed]. “He put this proposal forward and he’s now invested in it. That’s good. That’s the best possible reaction. He’s fully invested in Syria’s CW disarmament and that’s potentially better than a military strike – which would deter and degrade but wouldn’t get rid of all the chemical weapons. He now owns this. He has fully asserted ownership of it and he needs to deliver.”
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Democrats and neocons squealing under the new leadership they ushered in. Whining b!tches.

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/32 ... -lawmakers
The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said a New York Times op-ed on Syria penned by Russian President Vladimir Putin made him want "to vomit" — echoing a sentiment being widely expressed Thursday on Capitol Hill.

In the op-ed, published Wednesday night, Putin again warned the United States not to launch military strikes on Syria. He maintained that Syrian President Bashar Assad’s regime was not responsible for the Aug. 21 chemical weapons attack in which more than 1,400 people died, according to U.S. officials.

“I almost wanted to vomit,” Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Robert Menendez, (D-N.J.) told CNN.

I worry when someone who came up through the KGB tells us what is in our national interests, and what is not. It really raises the question of how serious the Russian proposal is.”
That's what Obama made real, a Russian President dictating our national interests. The natural result of electing a beta male.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Russian client state flexing it's muscle. They have all the cards.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/assad-dic ... le/2535700
President Obama must promise not to arm rebel forces or Syrian dictator Bashar Assad will not hand over his chemical weapons, the embattled leader told a Russian state media outlet today while demanding that Israel also surrender its nuclear arsenal.

“When we see that the U.S. genuinely stands for stability in our region, stops threatening us with military intervention and stops supplying terrorists with weapons, then we will consider it possible to finalize all necessary procedures and they will become legitimate and acceptable for Syria," Assad told RIA News.
Demon of Undoing

So, this is going well.
Mr. Perfect

Greatest heads of state b!tchslaps of all time

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think this ranks up there with Kennedy/Kruschev/Cuban missiles, Reagan/Gorbachev/Reykjavik in the Post War era, I can't think of much else. Only these did a head of state quickly outmaneuver an adversary, decisively altering the balance of power and the course of history. I don't mean to be hyperbolic but I can't think of any else. Please include any examples you can come up with.

I'm sure the Tinker left is crying quite a bit over this, and in all honesty my intention is not to gloat, it's just that you don't see this very many times in your life.
Juno

Re: Greatest heads of state b!tchslaps of all time

Post by Juno »

Putin didn't miss a beat, never even broke a sweat.
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Obama as a Stooge who B!tchslaps himself....

Post by monster_gardener »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I think this ranks up there with Kennedy/Kruschev/Cuban missiles, Reagan/Gorbachev/Reykjavik in the Post War era, I can't think of much else. Only these did a head of state quickly outmaneuver an adversary, decisively altering the balance of power and the course of history. I don't mean to be hyperbolic but I can't think of any else. Please include any examples you can come up with.

I'm sure the Tinker left is crying quite a bit over this, and in all honesty my intention is not to gloat, it's just that you don't see this very many times in your life.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Mr. Perfect.

Actually I think Obama may have b!tchslapped himself in addition to what Putin gave him....

Reminds me of a scene from the 3 Stooges where IIRC Curly hits himself to forestall Moe from doing it.. ;) :twisted: :lol:

IIRC it didn't work for long.... :roll:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Russia. Stable oil in a peak oil world.

End of line.
There has been one confirmed fatality due to the current fracking fuel boom: the website The Oil Drum dedicated to the concept of peak oil closed down.

If "stable oil in a peak oil world" is the criteria, should Harper of Canada have been included the poll?

Stable country with reserves second only to Saudi Arabia.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Demon of Undoing

Typhoon wrote:

End of line.
There has been one confirmed fatality due to the current fracking fuel boom: the website The Oil Drum dedicated to the concept of peak oil closed down.

If "stable oil in a peak oil world" is the criteria, should Harper of Canada have be included the poll?

Might be. Except Canada doesn't reall play the Great Game except as a sidekick. Who dares, wins. Putin dares whatever the hell he feels like.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

In all honesty this isn't a gloat thing. I mean Obama to me is personally meaningless, I have emotions more toward the people that created the construct, the actualy guy Baramba if not having the good fortune to run in 2008 would be like a top 10 blogger at slate.com or whatever, he has no practical experience or knowledge on any of this stuff. Man off the street. Man child off the street.

Other than enjoying it when any Democrat gets taken down a peg or two I don't have a dog in the fight, neither Obama or Puting represent my beliefs, but just as a person engaged in and passionate about politics, you really only see something like this a few times in your life, and so like any great sporting event upset type thing, say Tom Watson almost winning the Open or whatever, this is endlessly fascinating.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Can you imagine how far the GOP could have gone if we had the media in our pocket.

Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Even the MSM lost their breath in this b!tchslapping. Stunned and reeeling.

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

End of line.

If "stable oil in a peak oil world" is the criteria, should Harper of Canada have be included the poll?

Might be. Except Canada doesn't reall play the Great Game except as a sidekick. Who dares, wins. Putin dares whatever the hell he feels like.
We're only a sidekick when the conservatives are in power. The rest of the time we halfheartedly try to hamper US efforts (Iraq).

No Western democracy can compare to the concentration of power that a figure like Putin has, but he's got to be second to King Abdullah in Saudi Arabia. Aside from all the oil and money, his word is literally law and he can jerk the leash connected to the US President, every Sunni Arab state, and to a lesser extent energy-hungry China whenever he wants.

Also, apparently he used to do impressions of silent-era movie posters:
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Don't get me wrong though, $#@! that guy. Just saying he's powerful.
Demon of Undoing

Probably right. Reserve capacity.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Keith Alexander.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Can you imagine how far the GOP could have gone if we had the media in our pocket.

This is not unique for "Time" for this cover.

The US edition has been "dumbed down" for decades relative the international one.

Not unlike CNN vs CNN International.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's nothing to do with dumbing down.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013 ... Than-Obama
A recently released YouGov poll shows that Americans overwhelming believe Russian President Vladimir Putin has been far more effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis than President Obama.

In fact, it was not even close.

When asked, "Which world leader was most effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis?", 49 percent of Americans gave the nod to Putin while only 25 percent pointed to Obama.

Among Republicans, the ratio was 63 percent for Putin to only 7 percent for Obama. Democrats gave Obama just under 50 percent approval while giving Putin 37 percent.

In response to, "Which world leader was the least effective during the Syrian chemical weapons crisis?", Obama got 44 percent while Putin only received 10 percent among those polled.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It is certainly amusing to see an outbreak of Russophillia in certain segments of American society.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I agree. What we've just witnessed I think can only be compared to Reagan Gorby, Kruschev Kennedy wherein one leader completely b!tslapped another, it's an incredible experience to be able to witness it firsthand.

Since Obama doesn't present himself as an American President, doesn't pursue American interests and so forth many Americans see this from the sidelines since we don't particularly have a dog in the fight, much like sports broadcasters. But sports broadcasters are even allowed to be amazed when a particular team or player does something historic on the field of play. And what Putin just did was historic.

The respect on a professional level is very high. Very few people accomplish what he accomplished.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Astonishing. I honestly never thought I would see this in my lifetime. I knew Obama would be destructive to America, but he just keeps shocking me as to how much. Unbelievable.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/ ... AJ20130927
Ending weeks of diplomatic deadlock, the United States and Russia agreed on Thursday on a U.N. Security Council draft resolution that would demand Syria give up its chemical arms, but does not threaten military force if it fails to comply.

Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said a deal was struck with Russia "legally obligating" Syria to give up its chemical stockpile and the measure went to the full Security Council in a closed-door meeting on Thursday night. U.N. diplomats said a vote could come within 24 hours.

"Just two weeks ago, tonight's outcome seemed utterly unimaginable," Power said. "Two weeks ago, the Syrian regime had not even acknowledged the existence of its chemical weapons stockpiles."

"But tonight we have a shared draft resolution that was the outcome of intense diplomacy and negotiations over the past two weeks," she said.

U.S., Russian, French and British diplomats told reporters the vote could come as early as Friday evening, provided the Executive Council of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in The Hague approves a plan for the destruction of Syria's poison gas arsenal beforehand.

"I know that some (foreign) ministers are extending their stay in New York in order to participate in that vote," Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin told reporters.

The agreement emerged from intense negotiations at the United Nations with Russia, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's chief ally. The aim was to craft a measure to require destruction of Syria's chemical arsenal in line with a U.S.-Russian deal reached earlier this month that averted American strikes on Assad's forces in the midst of a bloody civil war.

Western powers on the Security Council backed away from many of their initial demands, diplomats say, in order to secure Russia's approval. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said an "understanding" had been hammered out, but gave no details.
Demon of Undoing

Obuttcrack forfeited the military option ( ie, even the possibility to use force) the minute Lavrov said " Da". Why?

Because once you have a political process proposed, no matter how absurd the implementation, then the use of force becomes irrelevant. Obama can't try to even wave an enforcement stick ( even though it's made of balsa wood to begin with), because what would that look like? He gets what he wants, the details are being " ironed out" ( and will be until my youngest graduates college), but he ineffectively bombs anyway? What kind of durian pirate does that?

Like what was said when it happened. Obama was flat outmaneuvered at every turn. In this matter, we have Vasily Zaitsev up against this guy.

MeGD7r6s-zU