The Knockout Game

This too shall pass.
Ibrahim

The Knockout Game

Post by Ibrahim »

This story has it all: right wing media hysterics, racism, Mark Steyn. I overheard the local talk radio station warning people about this just last week. My reflexive "'sprobably bullsh_t" reaction turned out to be right.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandp ... ist-roots/
The Knockout Game Myth and its Racist Roots

“Groups of black youths roam the streets looking for a solitary pedestrian, preferably white (hence the alternate name ‘polar-bearing’) but Asian or Hispanic will do. The trick is to knock him to the ground with a single punch. . . . Widely available video exists of almost all Knockout incidents, since the really cool thing is to have your buddies film it and upload it to YouTube. And it’s so simple to do in an age when every moronic savage has his own ‘smart phone.’” –Mark Steyn, National Review Online

The stories are chilling–conjuring a world of senseless, alien violence as incomprehensible as it is reprehensible. Rightfully, we are mortified and outraged and we fear for a country in which A Clockwork Orange ultra-violence finds life in our streets. The analysis of many pundits is startling: these attacks are racially motivated hate crimes against whites by black youths and the media and our politicians refuse to identify these racist motives out of political correctness.

What goes mostly unspoken in these commentaries on the “knockout game” is the idea that these assaults are racially motivated and so white people should be wary of groups of black men. Some take this further and blame the “liberal media” for the violence, since the media allegedly hid the “truth” about the race of the criminals. If only the media would tell us when black people attack white people, we’d know to not trust them and we’d be safe, the logic goes.

But are these pundits correct? Are these crimes committed by roaming packs of black “savages” against white people?
Short answer: no. But read on for the details.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Knockout Game

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

-Knockout Game exists but it's a myth because it's not a trend.

-It shows up in newspapers but not police reports so it doesn't count.

-The mainstream media is reporting on it for the last week but its solely a right wing conspiracy.

-It's perpetuated by mostly black teenagers but the few exceptions to the rule (i.e. white kids) proves its a racist conspiracy to suggest that it is a problem within the black community. In other unrelated news, the few prominent black Republicans will no longer be called 'token' by their Democratic opponents and "my best friend is black" is now a valid and logical response.

-We need hard evidence if we are to say anything, of course what constitutes hard evidence isn't clearly defined; but we'll make sure we it keep nice and loose so the goalposts are easily adjustable.

-The victims are ultimately to blame for verbalizing who is attacking them with no provocation. All those people should be like Matthew Yglesias in Slate where he takes his beating like a man and reasons that because he wasn't "Knocked out" (being half-part Frank Stallone, half-part Roboblogger) and his perpetrators kicked him- there really is no such thing as a knockout game.

The assaults aren't real people; it's all a feverish dream. It hasn't spread from Saint Louis outwards. Remain calm and don't you dare say, think, or act in a way that someone somewhere could construe as racist. Don't you do it, because then you are worse than non-trending indistinguishable entities that may or may not be harming citizens on the streets, depending on the data we may collect in the next ten years.

Oh, and wear a helmet at all times.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Snark aside- I agree it's a man bites dog phenomenon. Unless the streets of our major cities are lawless enough for this to be a huge thing.

The article also brings up the point, one which wouldn't have occurred to me, how this is used as a way to justify fear of African-Americans.

What makes it chilling though is the sheer senselessness involved in assaulting someone for no particular reason. One can make heads or tails of the robber and his actions- money, he wants it. Or one can pity the mentally ill when you read a story about a schizophrenic man who assaults someone while off his meds.

But human beings in possession of their senses who attack some dude walking down the street for the purpose of assault alone? That's pretty chilling stuff.

Assigning a racial motivation to it fills in bits of cognitive gaps which are definitely missing here.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Reminiscent of the "wilding" crime spree in NYC and the truck-dragging murders of blacks and gays. Yellow journalists elevating criminal behavior in order to sensationalize a story.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Brown vs Polar Bear Hunting/Defend Your Right to Arm Bears!.

Post by monster_gardener »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Snark aside- I agree it's a man bites dog phenomenon. Unless the streets of our major cities are not lawless enough for this to be a huge thing.

The article also brings up the point, one which wouldn't have occurred to me, how this is used as a way to justify fear of African-Americans.

What makes it chilling though is the sheer senselessness involved in assaulting someone for no particular reason. One can make heads or tails of the robber and his actions- money, he wants it. Or one can pity the mentally ill when you read a story about a schizophrenic man who assaults someone while off his meds.

But human beings in possession of their senses who attack some dude walking down the street for the purpose of assault alone? That's pretty chilling stuff.

Assigning a racial motivation to it fills in bits of cognitive gaps which are definitely missing here.
Thank you VERY Much for your post, NapLajoieonSteroids.

This phenomenon is also known as Polar Bear Hunting ;) :twisted: :roll:
The brutal game — sometimes called “polar bear hunting” — has been on the rise across the country, with bystanders, usually white, suckerpunched for sport by black youths.
http://nypost.com/2013/11/23/i-was-in-s ... peaks-out/

I wonder ;) what iBS would be saying if the phenomenon was Muslim Brown Bear Hunting :twisted:

Actually I don't wonder.....

He was bitterly complaining about Sick ;) pukes who hurt Sikhs ;) by mistake in the process of hunting Brown Muslim Bears ;)

What a Shame the Sick Pukes didn't get a taste of the Sikh's Sabers..... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan

But there is hope.....

Second Amendment Man to the Rescue.....

Here is a the story of a young Black Polar Bear ;) hunter whose hunt went wonderfully awry..... :D
A 17-year-old playing a “game” that attacks unsuspecting victims ends up shot twice and serving a year in prison.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture ... ictim.html

Got shot twice by a Polar Bear Human with a concealed carry permit. :D

May the like happen to all such hunters of human bears ;)

Support the Second Amendment and your Right to Bear Arms :D and Arm Bears :lol:

involved in assaulting someone for no particular reason.
Not so.

Not for no particular reason.

The Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkey Human Killer Apes were doing it to relieve boredom

And IMO display Dominance....

Because they were dared to do so and didn't want to be considered cowardly.....

And because they are Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkey Human Killer Apes............

Cute Cats can be similar when they see a strange Cat......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

A fringe group of right-wing commentators talking about (exaggerating) a fringe phenomena. How is that of interest to anyone? :roll: Ah yes... I forgot.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Yellow journalists elevating criminal behavior in order to sensationalize a story.
True, but also in this case also part of a racist agenda employed by the fringe-right to appeal to their target demographic.

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:-Knockout Game exists but it's a myth because it's not a trend.
I would have said its a trendy myth.

Well, WorldNetDaily.

-The mainstream media is reporting on it for the last week but its solely a right wing conspiracy.
This means mainstream media sources deserve scorn for reprinting material from the likes of Steyn and Flaherty.

I think that's the real story here. This is party of an overall racist fearmongering strategy used by certain authors on the fringe right. Its the new, nationwide version of the Southern Strategy.

monster_gardener wrote:He was bitterly complaining about Sick pukes who hurt Sikhs by mistake in the process of hunting Brown Muslim Bears
Are you referring to the Wisconsin temple shooting? There was no evidence that individual was trying to target Muslims, he was a white supremacist who belonged to a nationwide racist organization, and he was attacking non-whites on the basis of them being non-white. The violent racist who was attempting to murder Muslims on the NYC subway actually murdered a Hindu. In any case this is another one of your worthless, incoherent, and off-topic posts.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

September 15, 2001 - Sikh Killing by Muslim Hunter.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Yellow journalists elevating criminal behavior in order to sensationalize a story.
True, but also in this case also part of a racist agenda employed by the fringe-right to appeal to their target demographic.

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:-Knockout Game exists but it's a myth because it's not a trend.
I would have said its a trendy myth.

Well, WorldNetDaily.

This means mainstream media sources deserve scorn for reprinting material from the likes of Steyn and Flaherty.

I think that's the real story here. This is party of an overall racist fearmongering strategy used by certain authors on the fringe right. Its the new, nationwide version of the Southern Strategy.

monster_gardener wrote:He was bitterly complaining about Sick pukes who hurt Sikhs by mistake in the process of hunting Brown Muslim Bears
Are you referring to the Wisconsin temple shooting? There was no evidence that individual was trying to target Muslims, he was a white supremacist who belonged to a nationwide racist organization, and he was attacking non-whites on the basis of them being non-white. The violent racist who was attempting to murder Muslims on the NYC subway actually murdered a Hindu. In any case this is another one of your worthless, incoherent, and off-topic posts.
Thanks ;) for the post, iBS.
Are you referring to the Wisconsin temple shooting?
Nope.......Though now that you mention it, I recall wishing that the Sikh Temple leader there had used his kirpan Saber to Show the Supremacist the error of his way pointedly ;) :twisted: :lol:

Actually I was thinking more of this incident....

You do remember September 11, 2001 and shortly thereafter?

Apparently not.......
Balbir Singh Sodhi (1952 – September 15, 2001),[1] a gas station owner in Mesa, Arizona, was murdered in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks in the first of several cases across the United States that were reported to the police as acts of retaliation for the terrorist attacks.

Contents

1 Background
2 Shooting
3 Arrest, trial, conviction
4 Sukhpal Sodhi
5 See also
6 Notes and references
7 External links

Background

Born in Punjab, India, Balbir Singh Sodhi was a member of the Sikh religion. He immigrated to the United States in 1989 and initially resided in Los Angeles, where he worked as a taxicab driver. He later relocated to San Francisco, where he continued to work in that capacity. He saved enough money to buy a gas station in Phoenix, Arizona and moved there.[2]

On September 11, 2001, members of al-Qaeda, a militant Islamist group, hijacked four airplanes and perpetrated the September 11 attacks, killing nearly 3,000 people. According to family members, Sodhi had been distraught because of the terrorist attacks.

The future murderer of Sodhi, Frank Silva Roque was a Boeing aircraft mechanic at a local repair facility. Roque held a criminal record for an attempted robbery in California, and had reportedly told friends and a waitress at a local Applebee's restaurant that he was "going to go out and shoot some towel-heads" the day of the attacks.[3]
Shooting

On September 15, 2001, the 42-year old Roque took his Chevrolet S-10 from the Wild Hare sports bar in Mesa where he had reportedly been ranting about immigrants, and drove to the Chevron gas station owned by Balbir Singh Sodhi, who had emigrated from India in 1989. Roque shot Sodhi five times from his truck with a .380 handgun, killing him as Sodhi was helping landscaper Luis Ledesma plant flowers around the edge of his gas station.[4]

Roque, who apparently wanted revenge for September 11, mistook him for an Arab because of the clothes he wore, his turban, and his beard. Roque then drove to a Mobil gas station 10 miles away. Twenty minutes after the first shooting, he shot at a Lebanese-American clerk from his truck, but missed.[2] Roque then drove to his former residence which had been purchased by a local Afghan family and fired multiple rounds at the outside of the house. After fleeing from the final shooting, Roque was reported to have gone to a local bar and boasted that "They're investigating the murder of a turban-head down the street."[5][1]

Within 25 minutes of Sodhi's death, the Phoenix police reported four further attacks on people who either were Middle Easterners or who dressed with clothes thought to be worn by Middle Easterners.
Arrest, trial, conviction

The Police arrested Roque the next day, initially unaware of the later shooting incidents. He reportedly shouted slogans including "I am a patriot!" and "I stand for America all the way!" during his arrest.[6] His bail was set at $1 million.

Roque's trial by jury began on August 18, 2003. Defense attorneys argued he was not guilty due to insanity, claiming that he had a diminished IQ and heard relentless voices telling him that Arabs were satanic and must be killed. Two coworkers testified that Roque was "narrow-minded" and that he hated both immigrants and Arabs. Roque's defense attorney characterized him as mentally ill, and noted that his mother had twice been hospitalized for schizophrenia, a condition which has been shown to appear in those genetically predisposed to it.[3]

On September 30, 2003 he was found guilty of first degree murder, and was sentenced to death nine days later.

On July 19, 2005 he was found guilty of an unspecified conspiracy charge while in prison, specified only as a violent crime. On February 27, 2006 he was found guilty of having manufactured a primitive weapon in prison three days earlier. In August 2006, the Arizona Supreme Court changed Roque's death sentence to a sentence of life in prison without parole, citing low IQ and mental illness as mitigating factors.[7][8] The trial was aired by Court TV in a 5-part series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_ ... ingh_Sodhi
In any case this is another one of your worthless, incoherent, and off-topic posts.
Not so. O Lying IBSter ;) though that may be your worthless opinion :lol: .........

My post dealt with the KnockOut game which is also known as "Polar Bear Hunting"......... :evil:
Last edited by monster_gardener on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
NapLajoieonSteroids

Ibrahim wrote:I would have said its a trendy myth.
Touche.

By real story, you mean the story that you'd like, with all other opinion (regardless of its merit) suppressed.

You can't have it both ways. It can't be a real story (assuming that means a nationwide story) if its a fringe party fringing it up while being all fringey. You may as well say a secret cabal is actually running the whole kit and kaboodle.

Edit: of course, the flipside of this is that there are people on the other side who know (or do already) believe that this is some sort of organized black thing; like black kid in Boston is on the phone with someone in Philly determining how they are going to scam whitey. So it's paranoia all around. The thing at least with this side, when they claim conspiracy, they aim big.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:I would have said its a trendy myth.
Touche.

By real story, you mean the story that you'd like, with all other opinion (regardless of its merit) suppressed.
How is pointing out that career racists are trumping up a fake story a case of "suppressing" anyone? If e.g. Mark Steyn wants to rant about how blacks are "savages" then I think its fair game to make fun of Mark Steyn.

You can't have it both ways. It can't be a real story (assuming that means a nationwide story) if its a fringe party fringing it up while being all fringey.
The racist fringe is not geographically confined to one part of the country (or countries), thus its is both fringe and nationwide at the same time. In any case my "real story" is confined to the media world, in which a small number of provocateurs infect the larger, lazier media landscape. There are no conspiracies here.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Every caveat applied by ibs in this case is applicable to almost all of his race attacks, which of course was the point of all of this. Well done and thanks ibs.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

This appears to be racial in some cases in others not.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/2 ... up-of-men/

The top 10 results on Google news.And notice Ibrahim I took the time to post all of the links so don't complain.

I was a victim of the knockout game
New York Post-Nov 25, 2013
The brutal game — sometimes called “polar bear hunting” — has been on the rise across the country, with bystanders, usually white, ...
Media Feeding Panic Over The So-Called 'Knockout Game' That ...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/1 ... ame-media/
ThinkProgress-by Annie-Rose Strasser-Nov 25, 2013
And it's not the only way to describe this so-called game. It's also been called “polar bear hunting,” an allusion to the race of the victims — white.
+

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/22/ ... -brooklyn/
4 Men Arrested In Apparent 'Knockout' Attack In Brooklyn
CBS Local-Nov 23, 2013
There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” assaults in ... “These are anti-Semitic knockout attacks and it's not a game,” said ...
+
http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/surprise-med ... kout-game/
Surprise! Media finally wake up to Knockout Game
WND.com-by Colin Flaherty-Nov 20, 2013
At the University of Illinois in Champaign, the game has a different name: Polar Bear Hunting. But with dozens of examples, including a local TV ...
+
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/ ... -new-bill/

New York Lawmaker Targets 'Knockout Game' With New Bill
CBS Local-Nov 21, 2013
There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” ... to talk to their children about the consequences if they take part in the game.
New York Daily News
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/23/ ... -brooklyn/
Man Charged In Latest Alleged 'Knockout Game' Attack In Brooklyn
CBS Local-Nov 23, 2013
Al Sharpton spoke out against the “knockout game” attacks on Saturday. ... There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” ...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/285208642300 ... kout-game/
The “Knockout” game
Fox News-Nov 20, 2013
SO WITH CONLEY A VICTIM OF THE KNOCKOUT GAME WHEN ... POLAR BEAR, POLAR BEAR BECAUSE POLAR BEARS ARE WHITE.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/20/forme ... kout-game/
Former NYPD detective: Media suppressing racial, anti-Semitic ...
Daily Caller-by Jeffrey Poor-Nov 20, 2013
It's called polar bear hunting. ... Dietl and criminal defense attorney Remi Spencer explained to host Sean Hannity how this so-called game is ...

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-knockout-vi ... eo-1476726
What Is 'Knockout?' Violent Teen Game Causes Multiple Deaths ...
International Business Times-by Zoe Mintz-Nov 19, 2013
He describes an attack in Milwaukee where attackers were heard saying, “White girl bleed a lot.” In Illinois, the game is often called “polar-bear ...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trend.html
The 'Knockout' Game, aka 'Polarbearing,' Is a Terrifying Teen Trend
New York Magazine-Nov 20, 2013
The 'Knockout' Game, a.k.a. 'Polarbearing,' Is a Terrifying Teen Trend ... "A phrase that is used is 'polarbearing,' or 'polar bear,'" said NYPD Commissioner Ray ...
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Interesting though that on the one hand there is the supposed exaggerating of the knockout game by those terrible racist right-wing commentators like Steyn who spread their verbal filth through the public media who shamelessly give them a voice... yet on the other hand the far more worrying fact of the knock out game itself. Verbal violence versus physical violence.

The machismo fun of hitting a random person and see if you can deliver a knock out in one blow. These videos also end up on youtube... potentially inspiring other disturbed teens. Wouldn't worry too much about Steyn though. He is just another verbal kickass buddy for Ibs :P
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The whole point of this is if it was white kids doing this to black people, case for case, then the reaction of ibs and the media would be completely opposite.

Obviously.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Note that most of these sources either cite the originating far-right sources outlined in the article I posted, or are the actual original articles.

"Colin Flaherty, as part of his career of racist faux journalism, is propagating the 'Knockout Game' myth."

"Well that's not what Colin Flaherty says!"

"Touche."

Doc wrote:This appears to be racial in some cases in others not.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/2 ... up-of-men/

The top 10 results on Google news.And notice Ibrahim I took the time to post all of the links so don't complain.

I was a victim of the knockout game
New York Post-Nov 25, 2013
The brutal game — sometimes called “polar bear hunting” — has been on the rise across the country, with bystanders, usually white, ...
Media Feeding Panic Over The So-Called 'Knockout Game' That ...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/1 ... ame-media/
ThinkProgress-by Annie-Rose Strasser-Nov 25, 2013
And it's not the only way to describe this so-called game. It's also been called “polar bear hunting,” an allusion to the race of the victims — white.
+

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/22/ ... -brooklyn/
4 Men Arrested In Apparent 'Knockout' Attack In Brooklyn
CBS Local-Nov 23, 2013
There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” assaults in ... “These are anti-Semitic knockout attacks and it's not a game,” said ...
+
http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/surprise-med ... kout-game/
Surprise! Media finally wake up to Knockout Game
WND.com-by Colin Flaherty-Nov 20, 2013
At the University of Illinois in Champaign, the game has a different name: Polar Bear Hunting. But with dozens of examples, including a local TV ...
+
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/ ... -new-bill/

New York Lawmaker Targets 'Knockout Game' With New Bill
CBS Local-Nov 21, 2013
There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” ... to talk to their children about the consequences if they take part in the game.
New York Daily News
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/23/ ... -brooklyn/
Man Charged In Latest Alleged 'Knockout Game' Attack In Brooklyn
CBS Local-Nov 23, 2013
Al Sharpton spoke out against the “knockout game” attacks on Saturday. ... There have been seven so-called “knockout” or “polar bear” ...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/285208642300 ... kout-game/
The “Knockout” game
Fox News-Nov 20, 2013
SO WITH CONLEY A VICTIM OF THE KNOCKOUT GAME WHEN ... POLAR BEAR, POLAR BEAR BECAUSE POLAR BEARS ARE WHITE.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/20/forme ... kout-game/
Former NYPD detective: Media suppressing racial, anti-Semitic ...
Daily Caller-by Jeffrey Poor-Nov 20, 2013
It's called polar bear hunting. ... Dietl and criminal defense attorney Remi Spencer explained to host Sean Hannity how this so-called game is ...

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-knockout-vi ... eo-1476726
What Is 'Knockout?' Violent Teen Game Causes Multiple Deaths ...
International Business Times-by Zoe Mintz-Nov 19, 2013
He describes an attack in Milwaukee where attackers were heard saying, “White girl bleed a lot.” In Illinois, the game is often called “polar-bear ...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trend.html
The 'Knockout' Game, aka 'Polarbearing,' Is a Terrifying Teen Trend
New York Magazine-Nov 20, 2013
The 'Knockout' Game, a.k.a. 'Polarbearing,' Is a Terrifying Teen Trend ... "A phrase that is used is 'polarbearing,' or 'polar bear,'" said NYPD Commissioner Ray ...
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Rhapsody wrote:Interesting though that on the one hand there is the supposed exaggerating of the knockout game by those terrible racist right-wing commentators like Steyn who spread their verbal filth through the public media who shamelessly give them a voice... yet on the other hand the far more worrying fact of the knock out game itself. Verbal violence versus physical violence.
I thought the undesirability of random violent assaults or assault/robberies was a given.

Arguably the racial tensions created by provocateurs like Steyn and Flaherty ultimately cause more violence. Historically this has certainly been the case, and specifically racist agitation against Muslims has caused a sharp rise in the (still relatively small) number of violent attacks against innocent Muslim-looking people, as we discussed elsewhere. I don't know how we'd begin to compute the lives lost due to the verbal dehumanization of African-Americans in modern American history. Hate speech leads to hate crimes. Though happily tough talkers outweigh actual violent criminals by a wide margin.

Wouldn't worry too much about Steyn though. He is just another verbal kickass buddy for Ibs
What do you mean?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:Interesting though that on the one hand there is the supposed exaggerating of the knockout game by those terrible racist right-wing commentators like Steyn who spread their verbal filth through the public media who shamelessly give them a voice... yet on the other hand the far more worrying fact of the knock out game itself. Verbal violence versus physical violence.
I thought the undesirability of random violent assaults or assault/robberies was a given.

Arguably the racial tensions created by provocateurs like Steyn and Flaherty ultimately cause more violence. Historically this has certainly been the case, and specifically racist agitation against Muslims has caused a sharp rise in the (still relatively small) number of violent attacks against innocent Muslim-looking people, as we discussed elsewhere. I don't know how we'd begin to compute the lives lost due to the verbal dehumanization of African-Americans in modern American history. Hate speech leads to hate crimes. Though happily tough talkers outweigh actual violent criminals by a wide margin.

Wouldn't worry too much about Steyn though. He is just another verbal kickass buddy for Ibs
What do you mean?
No Steynway, no Ibway. Like a horse and carriage. :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

What do you mean?
No Steynway, no Ibway. Like a horse and carriage.
You don't like the idea that your racist rhetoric might provoke violence? Or are you trying to answer for Rhapsody?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

What do you mean?
You don't like the idea that your racist rhetoric might provoke violence? Or are you trying to answer for Rhapsody?
Dude you are the one with the "racist rhetoric" not me. Why don't you own up to that and get past it?
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

What do you mean?
Dude you are the one with the "racist rhetoric" not me. Why don't you own up to that and get past it?
You are bringing it up in every threads and making feeble personal attacks against me rather than addressing the subject, so obviously you are personally upset that you exposed yourself as a racist and are apparently trying to cover for that by exposing yourself as a fool. But that is redundant after you expose yourself as a racist.

Accusing me of racism for pointing out your own obvious, stupid, and off-topic racist slurs in another thread is not going to help anybody "get past" anything.
noddy

Post by noddy »

fwiw, your both as bad as each other for hilighting the worst loons from the respective populations and then extending that into more sinister projections for the population as a whole.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:fwiw, your both as bad as each other for hilighting the worst loons from the respjusttr populations and then extending that into more sinister projections for the population as a whole.
I am just trying to get him to realize how ridiculous he sounds calling everyone that disagrees with him a racist trying to derail threads he does not like..I suppose when the only tool one has is racism then everything looks like a racist problem
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:The whole point of this is if it was white kids doing this to black people, case for case, then the reaction of ibs and the media would be completely opposite.

Obviously.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
noddy wrote:fwiw, your both as bad as each other for hilighting the worst loons from the respjusttr populations and then extending that into more sinister projections for the population as a whole.
I am just trying to get him to realize how ridiculous he sounds calling everyone that disagrees with him a racist
Quit repeating this lie.

And noddy, don't waste my time with this "just as bad as each other" nonsense. Doc's systematically spammed the entire forum and made it unreadable since his return, and he can't even stay on topic. He's a liar, a racist, and a hypocrite.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
I am just trying to get him to realize how ridiculous he sounds calling everyone that disagrees with him a racist
Quit repeating this lie.

And noddy, don't waste my time with this "just as bad as each other" nonsense. Doc's systematically spammed the entire forum and made it unreadable since his return, and he can't even stay on topic. He's a liar, a racist, and a hypocrite.

You're a real hoot sometimes Ibs :D