Really astonished ATOL still prints his articles, really astonished

Doc

Re: LOLOL - The David Goldman rubbish thread

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Folks, this is a thread for all funny stuff David Goldman, Spengler, writes

Dying civilizations are the most dangerous, and Iran is dying

David is actually a pretty good analyst when he does not let his emotions get in the way.

BTW should this be here or in the Iran thread?

viewtopic.php?p=65733#p65733
I agree with Typhoon , too many threads , not good, one loses oversight
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Re: LOLOL - The David Goldman rubbish thread

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Folks, this is a thread for all funny stuff David Goldman, Spengler, writes

Dying civilizations are the most dangerous, and Iran is dying

David is actually a pretty good analyst when he does not let his emotions get in the way.

BTW should this be here or in the Iran thread?

viewtopic.php?p=65733#p65733
I agree with Typhoon , too many threads , not good, one loses oversight

No, DOC .. David Goldman writes about all kinds of things, and, pretty much all of them, in hindsight, looking at it well after the fact, looks really silly (not that he stu*pid, NO, he thinkin YOU stup*id)

In that sense, I thought it is good to have all his writings in one place

and

pls post an article from him making sense to you, that, in hindsight makes sense.

Ibrahim

Re: Spenglerman rediscovers Iran , , , yet again

Post by Ibrahim »

Spengler never wrote anything on Iran that wasn't a) retarded, and b) basically a rehash of the stock AIPAC/neocon position on Iran. Spengo just adds like typical "dying civilization/culture of death/short term demographics" routine on top.

I would have to say Iran is doing pretty well considering the squeeze everyone was putting on them.

We could probably fold this into the Iran thread, or at least move it over to the MidEast subforum.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:Spengler never wrote anything on Iran that wasn't a) retarded, and b) basically a rehash of the stock AIPAC/neocon position on Iran. Spengo just adds like typical "dying civilization/culture of death/short term demographics" routine on top.

I would have to say Iran is doing pretty well considering the squeeze everyone was putting on them.

We could probably fold this into the Iran thread, or at least move it over to the MidEast subforum.
For the most part any that don't have to do with Iran, Israel and Obama. Those are the three subjects that I generally disagree with him on. I believed early on that Democracy is possible in the ME which he never seemed to believe. I think he discounts the power of people to seize the day much more than I do. I am more fly by faith in humans being able to decide for themselves how they can live their lives. But I think I believe that more than most. His Articles on Turkey I don't know. I don't have much background on modern Turkey other than it used to be more European than it is now. Even perhaps more European than the Europeans back then as they gave refuge to the Jews fleeing Europe. But since they were not accepted into the EU I can understand their disillusion with Europe.

Anyway If you go back and read his articles from before 2008 many were right before others came to the same conclusion.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

id agree that when spengler sticks to the west and its economic and structural issues he is much more readable and has accurate insights.

the more it moves off into the middle east and conservative jewish issues then it loses it relevance to me and reads more like propaganda than analysis.

the conservative jew versus conservative christian battles over ownership on moral concepts was fun aswell now i think about it, however that was more a spectator sport for me being neither of those things.

that was the best of the old forum, the catholic/protestant/jew arguments when they all stuck to what they know best and didnt spend so much time on american and middle eastern politics.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

id agree that when spengler sticks to the west and its economic and structural issues he is much more readable and has accurate insights.

the more it moves off into the middle east and conservative jewish issues then it loses it relevance to me and reads more like propoganda than analysis.

For a scholar, analyst, journalist or anybody who expects 2B read with respect, one must be absolute impartial & unbiased, rise over the issue at hand

Otherwise one lowers itself to among 2bit sh*it dime a dozen on the net

If somebody calls Iranian woman Whores, Sufis homosexuals, calling Iran pretty much everything in the book, that shows his level of scholarship

He, David, is what Germans, Spiegel, call , "Schlüsselloch" wannabe .. viewing things from a key-hole thinking knowing all

noddy

Post by noddy »

who ever said he was a scholar.

i thought he was an american economist with a complicated background in jewish, germanic protestant and classic catholic influences and an oddball personal syncretism on how he shuffled and juggled the contradictions of carrying all that whilst also being a recovering atheist cult member and reconnecting to his jewish identity.

no surprises he struggled with anything beyond that, its quite the handful.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

who ever said he was a scholar.

i thought he was an american economist with a complicated background in jewish, germanic protestant and classic catholic influences and an oddball personal syncretism on how he shuffled and juggled the contradictions of carrying all that whilst also being a recovering atheist cult member and reconnecting to his jewish identity.

no surprises he struggled with anything beyond that, its quite the handful.

He no economist, ZERO

He and his pall CNBC's "The Kudlow Report." know nothing from economy .. once debated him on economy, his pride was he could corectly guess what next day in London the LIBOR (London interbank overnight interest rate) would be, same LIBOR that now banks are fined billions of dollars for cheating (fixing it) .. told him at the time, what use has it for economy or for society if one can guess what tomrow Gold price or Oil Price or LIBOR would be ? these are "money shuffling" and does create no value, just money changes from my poket to that smartass pocket, all those Wall Street crooks of him fleecing America and sending to you know where

noddy

Post by noddy »

i seem to remember him being fixated on real wealth from real exports and the plight of the entrepreneur and tech startups much like you do.

also, seem to remember him being quite scathing about the outcomes of an economy built on making houses more expensive with chinese savings.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

i seem to remember him being fixated on real wealth from real exports and the plight of the entrepreneur and tech startups much like you do.

also, seem to remember him being quite scathing about the outcomes of an economy built on making houses more expensive with chinese savings.

2B fair, yes, you right, he, in a later article, emphasized that real wealth generation and export and start-ups and and , true

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Spengler never wrote anything on Iran that wasn't a) retarded, and b) basically a rehash of the stock AIPAC/neocon position on Iran. Spengo just adds like typical "dying civilization/culture of death/short term demographics" routine on top.

For the most part any that don't have to do with Iran, Israel and Obama. Those are the three subjects that I generally disagree with him on. I believed early on that Democracy is possible in the ME which he never seemed to believe.

Spenglerr's writing in entirely ideological propaganda, and given Spengo's ideology he doesn't want democracy in the ME, and he wants to reinforce the inherent inferiority of Arabs so that he can excuse their ongoing abuse by the IDF.

But speaking of democracies, Spengler doesn't believe in democracy anyway.

But I think I believe that more than most. His Articles on Turkey I don't know. I don't have much background on modern Turkey other than it used to be more European than it is now. Even perhaps more European than the Europeans back then as they gave refuge to the Jews fleeing Europe. But since they were not accepted into the EU I can understand their disillusion with Europe.
Spengler only started talking about Turkey after their breach with Iran. But Spengler mainly hates Turkey for being a majority Muslim state that is a functioning democracy (moreso than Israel), militarily powerful, and with close relationships with the West. This is contrary to everything Spengler believes, the existence of Turkey is an affront to his ideology.

But we stray from the point. His Iran article is just another pathetic chirp about how there can be no real or lasting deal with Iran, meaning war is "inevitable" and thus should be conducted right now. He used justifies this with his BS demographics as opposed to Netanyahu's generic "Iranians are liars, attack them for me please."
Heracleum Persicum

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

For the most part any that don't have to do with Iran, Israel and Obama. Those are the three subjects that I generally disagree with him on. I believed early on that Democracy is possible in the ME which he never seemed to believe.

Spenglerr's writing in entirely ideological propaganda, and given Spengo's ideology he doesn't want democracy in the ME, and he wants to reinforce the inherent inferiority of Arabs so that he can excuse their ongoing abuse by the IDF.

But I think I believe that more than most. His Articles on Turkey I don't know. I don't have much background on modern Turkey other than it used to be more European than it is now. Even perhaps more European than the Europeans back then as they gave refuge to the Jews fleeing Europe. But since they were not accepted into the EU I can understand their disillusion with Europe.
Spengler only started talking about Turkey after their breach with Iran. But Spengler mainly hates Turkey for being a majority Muslim state that is a functioning democracy (moreso than Israel), militarily powerful, and with close relationships with the West. This is contrary to everything Spengler believes, the existence of Turkey is an affront to his ideology.

But we stray from the point. His Iran article is just another pathetic chirp about how there can be no real or lasting deal with Iran, meaning war is "inevitable" and thus should be conducted right now. He used justifies this with his BS demographics as opposed to Netanyahu's generic "Iranians are liars, attack them for me please."

seconded

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

seconded.
Are Spengler's writings really political propaganda? What I have always noticed about his better articles is he observes and points out facts that no one else noticed. Then drawls conclusions that may or may not come true. But the observations are often uniquely observed by him as far as I could see.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

seconded.
Are Spengler's writings really political propaganda? What I have always noticed about his better articles is he observes and points out facts that no one else noticed. Then drawls conclusions that may or may not come true. But the observations are often uniquely observed by him as far as I could see.

Ultimately its a matter of opinion. I find him to be tiresomely on-message all the time. Its a word salad produced by tossing an AIPAC press release and Franz Rosenzweig in a shredder and randomly taping together the scraps.
Heracleum Persicum

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

seconded.

Ultimately its a matter of opinion. I find him to be tiresomely on-message all the time. Its a word salad produced by tossing an AIPAC press release and Franz Rosenzweig in a shredder and randomly taping together the scraps.

Seconded

and

DOC

Although I did my school, high school, university in German space and know that space civilization and culture inside out, despite that, I do not consider myself an expert to comment.

But , David Goldman has written many articles about Iran, Sufi, Shia Islam, Azarbaijan, Turkey .. and .. I can tell you, he does not know anything "of substance" about that space (tragedy is, it's not the case he knows but distorting, he plainly not know what he talking) .. less than ZERO .. as said it's all "Schlüsselloch effect", seeing things through key-hole .. in fact, knowing a bit much more dangerose than knowing nothing .. in fact, knowing a bit much more dangerous than knowing nothing

Endovelico

Spenglerman

Post by Endovelico »

Spengler's portrait...

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Spenglerman

Endovelico wrote:.

Spengler's portrait...

Seconded

Doc

Post by Doc »

^^^^^^
Heracleum Persicum wrote: DOC

Although I did my school, high school, university in German space and know that space civilization and culture inside out, despite that, I do not consider myself an expert to comment.

But , David Goldman has written many articles about Iran, Sufi, Shia Islam, Azarbaijan, Turkey .. and .. I can tell you, he does not know anything "of substance" about that space (tragedy is, it's not the case he knows but distorting, he plainly not know what he talking) .. less than ZERO .. as said it's all "Schlüsselloch effect", seeing things through key-hole .. in fact, knowing a bit much more dangerose than knowing nothing .. in fact, knowing a bit much more dangerous than knowing nothing

If you look back you can see that I said that if you take away the emotion Iran, Israel and Obama etc. Then he is a pretty good analyst. He was even right that Obama would be a disaster. He just over did it. But like I said he does come up with some unique observations of fact as well.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:^^^^^^

If you look back you can see that I said that if you take away the emotion Iran, Israel and Obama etc. Then he is a pretty good analyst.

He was even right that Obama would be a disaster. He just over did it. But like I said he does come up with some unique observations of fact as well.

True Doc, you said that

but

DOC,

Am confused why you calling Obama a disaster .. WHY ?

IMO, he's best President America had since Franklin D. Roosevelt, if not way earlier

What has Obama done wrong (that you would do different) ? ?

No new wars, bringing boys back, not fallin into Zionist trap (all the lies Zionist mafia fed American Joe to attack Saddam and later denied being involved), economy (more and less) as good as it gets recovering, bringing some hope for 30+ million Americans without health insurance, Rich got much Richer, no major scandals (Hallo Monika), Homosexuals can marry now and they relaaaaxed, and and and

Can't think of anything Bush/Cheney would have done better, in fact nobody could have done a better job

and

Doc,

don't forget

Since Carter f*cked up with our beloved Iranians, no president could cross that bridge to shake hand with Ayatollahs .. Obama crossed that bridge despite all sabotage of "world Zionism", one could argue, for that he should get a medal, needs balls of STEEL resisting Zionist vicious attacks

So

DOC

Why you not happy with Barak Hussein ?

Doc

Post by Doc »

If you look back you can see that I said that if you take away the emotion Iran, Israel and Obama etc. Then he is a pretty good analyst.

He was even right that Obama would be a disaster. He just over did it. But like I said he does come up with some unique observations of fact as well.

True Doc, you said that

but

DOC,

IMO, he's best President America had since Franklin D. Roosevelt, if not way earlier

No new wars, bringing boys back, not fallin into Zionist trap (all the lies Zionist mafia fed American Joe to attack Saddam and later denied being involved), economy (more and less) as good as it gets recovering, bringing some hope for 30+ million Americans without health insurance, Rich got much Richer, no major scandals (Hallo Monika), Homosexuals can marry now and they relaaaaxed, and and and

Can't think of anything Bush/Cheney would have done better, in fact nobody could have done a better job

and

Doc,

don't forget

Since Carter f*cked up with our beloved Iranians, no president could cross that bridge to shake hand with Ayatollahs .. Obama crossed that bridge despite all sabotage of "world Zionism", one could argue, for that he should get a medal, needs balls of STEEL resisting Zionist vicious attacks

So

DOC

He's an incompetent durian. (My apologies to idiots.) :D
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

True Doc, you said that

but

DOC,

and

Doc,

don't forget

So

DOC

Incompetent ? ?

Have not discovered any mistakes his last 2 presidency

He very gallantly bringing the boys home, not getting involved in another bottomless pit, masterly outmaneuvering vicious Zionist left and right, not shaking economic recovery boat, pulling Nixon in China with our beloved "Greater Persia" .. if this incompetence, wanna see what competence is

As said, he the smartest American president since long long time, and a super capable one .. he will go into history one of greatest American presidents

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

True Doc, you said that

but

DOC,

and

Doc,

don't forget

So

DOC

Incompetent ? ?

And he wouldn't win one year after. In fact he would lose by a landslide

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -1044.html
President Obama Job Approval
Job Approval on Economy | Job Approval on Foreign Policy
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 11/10 - 11/27 -- 40.1 55.6 -15.5
He very gallantly bringing the boys home, not getting involved in another bottomless pit, masterly outmaneuvering vicious Zionist left and right, not shaking economic recovery boat, pulling Nixon in China with our beloved "Greater Persia" .. if this incompetence, wanna see what competence is

As said, he the smartest American president since long long time, and a super capable one .. he will go into history one of greatest American presidents
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

True Doc, you said that

but

DOC,

and

Doc,

don't forget

So

DOC

Incompetent ? ?

And he wouldn't win one year after. In fact he would lose by a landslide

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -1044.html
President Obama Job Approval
Job Approval on Economy | Job Approval on Foreign Policy
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 11/10 - 11/27 -- 40.1 55.6 -15.5

Interesting

Doc, Americans think, they have the cake and eat it too

Americans living beyond their means .. all the world, one way other, not only Europe or Sheiks, but china, Iran, even Bangladesh was subsidizing American lifestyle

3rd class public eduction, but, luring, buying, stealing the talent from 3rd world .. Luring foreign Dollars propagating America best place to invest, in the meantime, now, dollar as good as toilet paper

Americans must know, to fix things, there will be pain .. economic pain

Notion, anybody, let alone president or congress or senate can fix things without pain, not only illusory but fraud

A good political leader can only make the pain as bearable as possible

why should an American plumber or electrician or machinist make more than a Chinese or Indian or Japanese ? ?

Only way this was possible in the past was America using military power to get an advantage on world economic theater .. you want Petrobras deal, you must compete PetroChina now

Doc, question is not "no pain", question is "bearable" pain

As long American Joe does not understand this, Charlatans, Rudy Giuliani and Bolton, will promise the moon and deliver rubbish but in the meantime fleece you to the bone.

You flat broke, Obama salvaging what he can

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:If you look back you can see that I said that if you take away the emotion Iran, Israel and Obama etc. Then he is a pretty good analyst.
What's left? Occasional essays about the objective superiority of Bach? Someone else's statistics about relative birthrates?

His writing on Obama is his most laughable and, I think Tinker was the first to point out, the exact point at which he jumped the shark and became a caricature of himself. As I described earlier, his immediate reaction to Obama was hysterical loathing about secret religious and political allegiances, socialist totalitarianism, and his fundamentally un-American identity. Insofar as Obama has actually been a "disaster" its had nothing to do with anything Spengler predicted. Obama turned out to be a typical Washington operator, almost exactly like the previous administration. But Spengler, like every slob with a "lyin' African" placard, can claim "they were right" because the economy didn't rebound from 2008 and website didn't work. Obama's immoral foreign policy doesn't bother Spengler either, he wants "more killing please," as long as the victims are the right religion/color.