A great man goes home

This too shall pass.
manolo

A great man goes home

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Nelson Mandela has died. Let us pay him fitting tribute.

Alex.
YMix

Re: A great man goes home

Post by YMix »

In the Heaven subforum.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Heaven? Maybe Africa would be a better place.

Yes, R.I.P. Nelson Mandela. South Africa could have done worse. Certainly a lot of people thought (hoped?) worse would happen.

But let's not forget that Mandela was put in prison for terrorist activity. He was offered his freedom if he renounced violence, and chose not to accept the offer.

When I hear what has been happening in South Africa over the last twenty some years, it can make me very sad.

It's worth remembering that five of the chief ethnic communities of southern Africa have their own countries: Ovambo (Namibia), Tswana (Botswana), Shona (Zimbabwe), Sotho (Lesotho), and Swazi (Swaziland). Three do not: Afrikaners, Xhosa, and Zulus. I've always maintained that the country should be divided between them.

[edited to be more inclusive by adding Namibia and Zimbabwe]
Last edited by Apollonius on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Apollonius wrote:.

Yes, R.I.P. Nelson Mandela. South Africa could have done worse. Certainly a lot of people thought (hoped?) worse would happen.

But let's not forget that Mandela was put in prison for terrorist activity. He was offered his freedom if he renounced violence, and chose not to accept the offer.

When I hear what has been happening in South Africa over the last twenty some years, it can make me very sad.

It's worth remembering that three of the chief ethnic communities of southern Africa have their own countries (Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland). Three do not (Afrikaners, Xhosa, and Zulus). I've always maintained that the country should be divided between them.

Achtung, Apollonius :lol:

Stand by for your post 2B deleted by CS .. my post was

Here, Apollonius, was unceremoniously told, no place 2B disrispect to Mandela .. people are mourning, don't want 2B diturbed (with reality) :)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Apollonius wrote:.

It's worth remembering that three of the chief ethnic communities of southern Africa have their own countries (Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland). Three do not (Afrikaners, Xhosa, and Zulus). I've always maintained that the country should be divided between them.

Achtung, Apollonius :lol:

Stand by for your post 2B deleted by CS .. my post was

Here, Apollonius, was unceremoniously told, no place 2B disrispect to Mandela .. people are mourning, don't want 2B diturbed (with reality) :)

As was repeatedly explained to you, the "Heaven" section is not the place to p*ss on a parade, especially if it a funeral.

Post your conspiracy stuff here, if you must.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

NYT

C.I.A. TIE REPORTED IN MANDELA ARREST
By DAVID JOHNSTON, Special to The New York Times
Published: June 10, 1990

The Central Intelligence Agency played an important role in the arrest in 1962 of Nelson Mandela, the African National Congress leader who was jailed for nearly 28 years before his release four months ago, a news report says.

The intelligence service, using an agent inside the African National Congress, provided South African security officials with precise information about Mr. Mandela's activities that enabled the police to arrest him, said the account by the Cox News Service.

The report, scheduled for publication on Sunday, quoted an unidentified retired official who said that a senior C.I.A. officer told him shortly after Mr. Mandela's arrest: ''We have turned Mandela over to the South African Security branch. We gave them every detail, what he would be wearing, the time of day, just where he would be.''

Bearing in mind the above info, now, Obama, Cameron and and and at Mandela funeral

What does it mean ? ?

What happened that suddenly a man CIA helped to imprison for 28 yrs, now is celebrated as a "Hero" in the west ? ?

How this ? ?

think a bit

well, you got it

reason is, he sold his people

that's why Cameron and Obama and and love him .. he sold his people for nickle and dime

Now, those blacks on the power, corrupt to the bone, in reality instrument of those whites B4 them

things worst than B4

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Mandela vs. Mugabe.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

NYT

The Central Intelligence Agency played an important role in the arrest in 1962 of Nelson Mandela, the African National Congress leader who was jailed for nearly 28 years before his release four months ago, a news report says.

The intelligence service, using an agent inside the African National Congress, provided South African security officials with precise information about Mr. Mandela's activities that enabled the police to arrest him, said the account by the Cox News Service.

The report, scheduled for publication on Sunday, quoted an unidentified retired official who said that a senior C.I.A. officer told him shortly after Mr. Mandela's arrest: ''We have turned Mandela over to the South African Security branch. We gave them every detail, what he would be wearing, the time of day, just where he would be.''

Bearing in mind the above info, now, Obama, Cameron and and and at Mandela funeral

What does it mean ? ?

What happened that suddenly a man CIA helped to imprison for 28 yrs, now is celebrated as a "Hero" in the west ? ?

How this ? ?

think a bit

well, you got it

that's why Cameron and Obama and and love him .. he sold his people for nickle and dime

Now, those blacks on the power, corrupt to the bone, in reality instrument of those whites B4 them

things worst than B4

Thank You Very Much for your Post.
things worst than B4
Maybe.....

But imagine a South Africa ruled by a Robert Mugabe clown ;) oops I mean clone :twisted: .... :roll:
Mineral exports, gold,[64] agriculture, and tourism are the main foreign currency earners of Zimbabwe.[107] The mining sector remains very lucrative, with some of the world's largest platinum reserves being mined by Anglo American plc and Impala Platinum.[108] The Marange diamond fields, discovered in 2006, are considered the biggest diamond find in over a century.[109] They have the potential to improve the fiscal situation of the country considerably, but almost all revenues from the field have disappeared into the pockets of army officers and ZANU-PF politicians.[110] In terms of carats produced, the Marange field is the largest diamond producing project in the world, estimated to produce 16.9 million carats in 2013 worth over $1 billion.[111] Zimbabwe is the biggest trading partner of South Africa on the continent.[112]

Taxes and tariffs are high for private enterprises, while state enterprises are strongly subsidised. State regulation is costly to companies; starting or closing a business is slow and costly.[113] Government spending was predicted to reach 67% of GDP in 2007.[114]

Tourism was an important industry for the country, but has been failing in recent years. The Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force released a report in June 2007, estimating 60% of Zimbabwe's wildlife has died since 2000 due to poaching and deforestation. The report warns that the loss of life combined with widespread deforestation is potentially disastrous for the tourist industry.[115]
In late January 2013, the Zimbabwean finance ministry reported that they had only $217 in their treasury and would apply for donations to finance the coming elections that is estimated to cost 107 million USD.[142]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe#Economy
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
noddy

Post by noddy »

once people become symbols any hope of dry, factual rationality goes out the window.

australia is copping alot of white flight from south africa at the moment. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... tures32008

oh who to blame and who to glorify, i sure hope its nice and simple skin color based thinking, makes it easier to identify em.
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener

Don't Send in the Klowns.......

noddy wrote:once people become symbols any hope of dry, factual rationality goes out the window.

australia is copping alot of white flight from south africa at the moment. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... tures32008

oh who to blame and who to glorify, i sure hope its nice and simple skin color based thinking, makes it easier to identify em.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Noddy.

Have seen that here in Uz as well as Oz ;)

Co-worker whose daughter married a man from SA......

My understanding that the crime rate can be quite high in SA....

But I suspect that emigration would be even more intense if a Mugabe Klown Klone :twisted: had been the first post white rule leader......

IMO perhaps one of the most important differences between Mandela & Mugabe was Mandela's willingness to retire and let go of the power........
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Mandela vs. Mugabe.....

monster_gardener wrote:

NYT

What does it mean ? ?

How this ? ?

think a bit

well, you got it

things worst than B4

things worst than B4
Maybe.....

But imagine a South Africa ruled by a Robert Mugabe clown ;) oops I mean clone :twisted: .... :roll:

Yes, true

For people with that mindset, for them Robert Mugabe, Mossadegh, Patrice Lumumba ARE "clown ;) oops I mean clone :twisted: .... :roll:"

Mugabe a terrorist and clown because he said Africa for Africans

clown is "Mandela" that accepted those corrupt servants of "white man" Black rule that shoot protesting miners in the back

Striking miners shot dead by police at South Africa's Lonmin mine were reportedly hit in the back suggesting they were fleeing rather than attacking.

Shame on you, Monster, shame

monster_gardener

Escape from Hell/Purgatory to Oz & South Korea.....

monster_gardener wrote:

NYT

What does it mean ? ?

How this ? ?

think a bit

well, you got it

things worst than B4

things worst than B4
Maybe.....

Yes, true

For people with that mindset, for them Robert Mugabe, Mossadegh, Patrice Lumumba ARE "clown ;) oops I mean clone :twisted: .... :roll:"

Mugabe a terrorist and clown because he said Africa for Africans

clown is "Mandela" that accepted those corrupt servants of "white man" Black rule that shoot protesting miners in the back

Striking miners shot dead by police at South Africa's Lonmin mine were reportedly hit in the back suggesting they were fleeing rather than attacking.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Nope...... ;)

The situation in Africa reminds me a bit of East Asia.....

People escaping from Hell/North Korea/Zimbabwe to Purgatory/China/South Africa and then going to Earth/South Korea/Oz/Uz/Canada or YurUp ;) etc......
Temporary labour migration to South Africa has long been a feature of Rhodesian and then Zimbabwean society. A 2002 survey by the Southern African Migration Project show that almost 25% of adult Zimbabweans' parents or grandparents had worked in South Africa at some point in their lives.[1] However, permanent emigration is a relatively new phenomenon. There have been two major waves of emigration from Zimbabwe. The first was that of whites in Zimbabwe who left the country soon after independence; they were followed by black Zimbabweans beginning in the 1990s. In both cases, South Africa was again their primary destination; however, from 1994 onwards, the South African government displayed increasing hostility to skilled immigration from the rest of Africa, leading Zimbabwean emigrants to seek other pastures.[2]
Overall statistics

It is estimated that there are millions of residents outside of Zimbabwe's borders who were either born in the country or are descended from immigrants; Many recent emigrants are illegally residing in other countries because of the fall of the standard of living and economic conditions in Zimbabwe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean ... ra#History
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Escape from Hell/Purgatory to Oz & South Korea.....

monster_gardener wrote:.

People escaping from Hell/North Korea/Zimbabwe to Purgatory/China/South Africa and then going to Earth/South Korea/Oz/Uz/Canada or YurUp ;) etc......

Yes, they are

reason is YOU

you guys make life for them so miserable that they have to leave

YOU guys are a 'malign' force

"If you were an Iranian, just an ordinary Iranian, you could be forgiven for thinking that over the decades the US and the UK have been a very malign force -- and indeed we have been.

"We organised together a coup d'etat to remove a democratically elected president in my lifetime in Iran, we played a very, very bad and undermining hand as popular support for the Shah flowed away in the late 1970s," he said, referring to the coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadegh, who was in fact prime minister.

Straw continued: "And then for example the West supported Saddam Hussein in a war which he provoked and for which Iran was the victim."

The CIA orchestrated the August 1953 coup that toppled Mossadegh, who had also angered Britain by moving to take over the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company -- the predecessor of modern-day BP.

Stately homes built on slavery

Time you repent, Monster, time to repent .. ask for forgiveness

monster_gardener

Have a Banana & Uncle Jang/Brand Dog Food for Dinner......

Yes, they are

reason is YOU

"If you were an Iranian, just an ordinary Iranian, you could be forgiven for thinking that over the decades the US and the UK have been a very malign force -- and indeed we have been.

"We organised together a coup d'etat to remove a democratically elected president in my lifetime in Iran, we played a very, very bad and undermining hand as popular support for the Shah flowed away in the late 1970s," he said, referring to the coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadegh, who was in fact prime minister.

Straw continued: "And then for example the West supported Saddam Hussein in a war which he provoked and for which Iran was the victim."

The CIA orchestrated the August 1953 coup that toppled Mossadegh, who had also angered Britain by moving to take over the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company -- the predecessor of modern-day BP.

Thank you very much for your post, Azari.
reason is YOU
I don't recall telling the current incarnation of the Kim Devil to serve Uncle Jang Brand Dog food :twisted: to his pet devil dogs when his people would have been glad to have had Uncle Jang for dinner.... :twisted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... rth-korea/

I doubt that even Dennis RodKlown ; oops I mean Rodman would do that......

Though Rodman may be the only person who could hint that the Kim Devil should do something and survive.....

Recalling that Uncle Jang's downfall began when Jang's aides hesitated a moment before agreeing to turn over their enterprises to the Kim Devil.....

Or maybe not..... :lol:

FVjh6Fjl5-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjh6Fjl5-M

Whatever Mandela's failings, I suspect that Zimbabwe would have been better off to have had a Mandela clone as leader.....

Mandela eventually retired and let the democratic process proceed......

For that matter, a Banana ;) might have been a better long term leader than Mugabe......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan_Banana

If for no other reason than Mr. Banana ;-) would have retired or expired by now giving Zimbabwe a change in government.....

The real danger is that Mugabe may get himself cloned and rule Zimbabwe forever.... ;) :shock:
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Have a Banana & Uncle Jang/Brand Dog Food for Dinner....

monster_gardener wrote:

Yes, they are

reason is YOU

reason is YOU
I don't recall telling the current incarnation of the Kim Devil to serve Uncle Jang Brand Dog food :twisted: to his pet devil dogs when his people would have been glad to have had Uncle Jang for dinner.... :twisted:

Though Rodman may be the only person who could hint that the Kim Devil should do something and survive.....

Recalling that Uncle Jang's downfall began when Jang's aides hesitated a moment before agreeing to turn over their enterprises to the Kim Devil.....

FVjh6Fjl5-M

Whatever Mandela's failings, I suspect that Zimbabwe would have been better off to have had a Mandela clone as leader.....

For that matter, a Banana ;) might have been a better long term leader than Mugabe......

If for no other reason than Mr. Banana ;-) would have retired or expired by now giving Zimbabwe a change in government.....

The real danger is that Mugabe may get himself cloned and rule Zimbabwe forever.... ;) :shock:

Again, in northern part of Korea, you guys are the culprit of all mischief

No such thing as south or north Vietnam, as no such thing as east and west Germany or North or South Korea

there is Korea, Germany and Vietnam

you guys should end occupation of southern part of Korea and let Koreans be Koreans, chips fall where they may .. non of your business (anymore)

Communism no more any danger for anybody, and, you bringing democracy has become a joke .. so, Monster, what you doing there, what do you want ? ? protecting the good guy from bad guy ? ? if so, why not in Bahrain (90% Iranian Shia) :lol:

And

Mugabe, same as Lumumba .. they African nationalist .. those guys want "white man" out of Africa .. that is what bothers those still plundering African natural resources .. they make life miserable for Mugabe .. and, fooling western Joe with rubbish about Mugabe

A good sample is what's happening now in Central African Republic (CAR): French fox in African hen house

Western media portray French conduct in the Central African Republic (CAR) as a benevolent force. “We are there to save lives,” said French President Francois Hollande recently.

This is like lauding a fox in a hen house. The reality is that violence and suffering have largely stemmed as a direct result of illegal French interference in that African country.

What’s more, we also can say that the violence has been deliberately provoked by the French as a cover for their real objective – regime change.

Djotodia was forced to step down after he was politically ambushed by other Francophile African leaders at a special conference convened at the end of the week in neighboring Chad.

Before the summit, French diplomats had been briefing the media and other African states that Djotodia “had to go”. The French tried to cover their tracks by saying “we are not here to give our thumbs up or down” but that is exactly what they were doing – giving the thumbs down.

French President Francois Hollande and his Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius have been carping about the CAR leader for weeks and undermining his authority. Obviously, the French wanted rid of Djotodia and his administration – and now they have gotten their illicit way. Lest we forget such interference in the sovereign affairs of another state is illegal.

Notably, just before the conference opened on Thursday in Chad, Djotodia rejected rumors of his impending resignation. In less than 24 hours, he then quit, evidently under duress.

Within minutes of Djotodia’s sacking on Friday, and even before he had returned from Chad, French military tanks had surrounded the presidential palace in the CAR capital Bangui. French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian also issued a call for Djotodia to be “replaced as soon as possible”.

Chadian President Idriss Déby had been one of the most vocal African leaders calling for Djotodia to quit. Déby, who is described as “a strong French ally” (in other words, “puppet”), was doing France’s bidding and giving an African voice to a directive from Paris, a directive which amounts to a coup d’état.

The Western media narrative, led by France, is that Djotodia “had not done enough to curb the violence” gripping the CAR. More than 1,000 people have been killed in recent weeks in sectarian clashes between Muslims and Christians. Roughly a quarter of the country’s five million population have been displaced in the fighting.

Djotodia came to power last year after Muslim rebels known as Seleka deposed the Christian president Francois Bozizé in March. Bozizé was notorious for corruption and had come to power through a French-backed military coup 11 years ago.

With major French commercial interests in the resource-rich country, in particular uranium mining, it seems that France was vexed about the new transitional government led by Michel Djotodia – the first Muslim leader of the mainly Christian country.
Djotodia’s interim administration was legally constituted last April and it was overseeing a transition with elections scheduled at the end of this year.

However, that did not seem good enough to allay the French, who wanted to exert tighter control over the political process within the CAR in order to secure favorable conditions for its commercial interests.
This is real basis for the French military invasion, not the humanitarian pretext that the Hollande government has been trumpeting.

Last month, chaos and violence in the African country surged after France sent in its troops – allegedly to provide “humanitarian protection” in a situation where there had been no serious violence, apart from French government scaremongering of “imminent genocide”.

French military were dispatched to the CAR on December 2, three days before a French-drafted resolution was passed at the United Nations Security Council authorizing the intervention.

More French troops arrived on December 5, 2013, and only since then have the sectarian clashes in Bangui city and across the country escalated.

The conclusion is inescapable. The humanitarian crisis in the CAR was precipitated by French involvement, not prevented. A major factor for the violence is that the French military moved to unilaterally disarm the Seleka rebels while ignoring Christian vigilante groups known as Anti-Balaka.

The latter were, in effect, given a free hand to maraud Muslim communities and businesses with deadly consequences.

It is therefore obtuse and mendacious for the French government and its African clients to blame Michel Djotodia for not controlling security in his country.

The real culprit for the bloodshed and pandemonium that jolted the CAR is French interference in that country– interference that was illegal and was cynically disguised as “humanitarian.”

There are deep fears that violence against Muslim communities will increase further now that Michel Djotodia has been forced from office.

The Christian Anti-Balaka militias will feel emboldened by the French political interference. Many believe that the Anti-Balaka is being orchestrated by the former French puppet Bozizé from his exile in France.

Tragically, this is just the latest episode of misery for the Central African Republic caused by French neo-imperialist predation.

Since gaining so-called independence from France in 1960, the French have launched more covert coups and countercoups in that country than in any other former African colony.

The CAR remains politically and economically underdeveloped – despite its teeming natural wealth – precisely because of systematic French predatory exploitation.

Poverty in the Central African Republic, as in many other African countries, is a direct result of French policy, primarily due to the “franc afrique” monetary system set up at the time of independence.

This systematic poverty enables France to exploit raw materials and the people mercilessly. And when the racket comes a bit unstuck, the French send in their troops to “restore order”.

monster_gardener

monster_gardener wrote:

Yes, they are

reason is YOU

reason is YOU

FVjh6Fjl5-M

No such thing as south or north Vietnam, as no such thing as east and west Germany or North or South Korea

there is Korea, Germany and Vietnam

you guys should end occupation of southern part of Korea and let Koreans be Koreans, chips fall where they may .. non of your business (anymore)

Communism no more any danger for anybody, and, you bringing democracy has become a joke .. so, Monster, what you doing there, what do you want ? ? protecting the good guy from bad guy ? ? if so, why not in Bahrain (90% Iranian Shia) :lol:

And

Mugabe, same as Lumumba .. they African nationalist .. those guys want "white man" out of Africa .. that is what bothers those still plundering African natural resources .. they make life miserable for Mugabe .. and, fooling western Joe with rubbish about Mugabe

Thank You Very Much for your Post, Azari.
Nope. The nOrks ;) lead by the Kim Devils are doing this to themselves in a manner that makes even Dragons look askance at their pet junkyard Devil Dogs......
you guys should end occupation of southern part of Korea
If/When the South Koreans ask Uz ;) to....... Doubt they will be that foolish.....

No such thing as.......North or South Korea
Nope.....

Under the malign ;) influence of the Kim Devils, the North Koreans have become different: sometimes cannibalistic nOrks ;) :( who long to eat Uncle Jang brand Dogfood for Dinner.... :twisted:

At one time the South Koreans wanted to re-unify. Losing/lost interest. Too different/too brainwashed.... Too hard.... Much harder than converting East Germany.....

Maybe better thing would be for the Dragons to send their pet Kim Devil Dogs to Obedience School ;) and appoint the sanest ones to rule the nOrks Chinese style.... IIRC Uncle Jang may have been Chinese leaning before the new Head Devil turned him into Dog food :roll:
protecting the good guy from bad guy
In the case of South Korea, yes.
if so, why not in Bahrain (90% Iranian Shia) :lol:
More than a few reasons: History and South Korea is becoming more and more Christian.... Have Korean friends, Samsung & LG ;) ........
Communism no more any danger for anybody
Not true.....

The name changes..... Sometimes Progressive..... Sometimes SocialAss ;) oops I mean Socialist...
Sometimes Green.....

But it's still around and hungry for power.....

Recall Recently a Kommie Klown from an Uz University defending it on the TV.....
Heracleum Persicum

. . South Korea is becoming more and more Christian.... Have Korean friends, Samsung & LG ;) ........

Becoming more and more Christian ? ? ? ? :lol: :lol:

come on, Monster, come on

well,

To the subject of religion and Christianity, an article of interest from SALON :

From Pope Francis to Phil Robertson:
Why are some people of faith generous — while others are nuts ?

. . most interesting question about religion isn’t whether God exists but why so many people are religious

. . faith is extremely tenacious. For many years, Communism was the only permitted belief in China and religion was banned, being regarded, in the tradition of Karl Marx, as the opium of the masses. But in 2007, one-third of Chinese people over the age of 16 said that they were religious. Since that figure comes from a state-controlled newspaper, the China Daily, the true number of believers is likely at least that high. Around 95 percent of Americans say that they believe in God, 90 percent pray, 82 percent believe that God can perform miracles, and over 70 percent believe in life after death. It’s striking that only 50 percent believe in hell, which shows a certain lack of consistency. In the Netherlands, a much more secular country, the percentages are lower. A study carried out in April 2007 showed that in the space of 40 years, secularization had increased from 33 to 61 percent. Over half of the Dutch people doubt the existence of a higher power and are either agnostic or believe in an unspecified “something.” Only 14 percent are atheists, the same percentage as Protestants. There are slightly more Catholics (16 percent).

much more at link

A very interesting article, a must read

D.F. Swaab, We Are Our Brains : A Neurobiography of the Brain, from the Womb to Alzheimer's

posted this also in philosophy