Agreed, conversation moved.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3027
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Re: The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

Post by Doc »

"The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State"

Wannabe or Wahabe Islamic State? :|
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

:lol:
Apollonius wrote:Image
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

This thread used to a have a poll attached. Which asked the question "How long before Iraq falls to Al Qaeda?" I wouldn't bother to say anything but since the poll disappeared. ---> On June 11th I answered my own poll question with "months."
ISIS militants less than 2 miles from Baghdad, fierce fighting reported near Iraqi capital

A SUNDAY, SEPT. 28, 2014 PHOTO
STR/AP

Fierce fighting has gotten closer and closer to Baghdad, with some reports saying the Islamic State is within one mile of the city limits.

The Vicar of Baghdad sent an SOS from the besieged Iraqi capital Monday and warned that the murderous Islamic State militants were breathing down their necks.

“People are very fearful the nation looks as if it has collapsed,” Canon Andrew White, who runs the last Anglican church in Iraq, wrote on his Facebook page. “The usual hectic and crazy streets were this morning almost empty.”

White, who also heads British-based charity Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East, made the social media post before Iraqi forces — backed by airstrikes from the U.S.-led coalition — appeared to stymie the ISIS advance.

But according to White, the Islamic fanatics were less than two miles from the city’s borders and he warned that the Iraqi Army was no match for them.

“This morning I was with one of my soldiers who is assigned by the government to protect me,” White wrote. “I asked him what he would do if he saw ISIS coming. He told me he would take off his uniform and run.”

'They said it could never happen and now it almost has,' the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East said Monday regarding ISIS' reportedly close proximity to Baghdad.
AP

White wrote that when he asked his bodyguard “if he took seriously his role as a soldier to fight and protect his people,” the soldier said no.

“He told me he just did it because he needed the money,” White wrote.

Pentagon officials noted that the Iraqi Army and ISIS have been fighting for weeks on the outskirts of the sprawling city and that Baghdad itself remains in government hands.

White, 50, wrote that many Baghdad residents have no way of knowing how the war is really going because they are cut off from the rest of the world.

In an overnight Facebook post, an apparently panicked White wrote, “The Islamic State are on the Verge of Entering Baghdad.”

Later, White issued a revision.

“We do not really know what is happening,” he wrote. “All we know is that people are very afraid we know that civilians have been killed in air strikes we know that there are huge battles with ISIS and we know that our army is not very efficient.”

White’s warnings came a day after President Obama admitted Sunday in a “60 Minutes” interview that U.S. intelligence underestimated ISIS — and overestimated the ability of the Iraqi Army to fight them.[/quote]

Yet the fact is Obama has been warned repeatedly for at least 18 months that ISIS was a real threat and the Iraqi army was not up to meeting that threat.
There are 7 million people living in Baghdad last time I checked About 80% are Shiites..... SO what is Iran to do AZ? The Iraqi government is about to fall and soon after the barbarians are at the gates of Iran
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Pakistani Taliban declare allegiance to Islamic State and global jihad

By Saud Mehsud and Maria Golovnina

DERA ISMAIL KHAN/ISLAMABAD Sat Oct 4, 2014 8:48pm IST

(Reuters) - The Pakistani Taliban declared allegiance to Islamic State on Saturday and ordered militants across the region to help the Middle Eastern jihadist group in its campaign to set up a global Islamic caliphate.

Islamic State, which controls swathes of land in Syria and Iraq, has been making inroads into South Asia, which has traditionally been dominated by local Taliban insurgencies against both the Pakistan and Afghanistan governments.

The announcement comes after a September move by al Qaeda chief, Ayman al-Zawahri, to name former Taliban commander Asim Umar as the "emir" of a new South Asia branch of the network that masterminded the 2001 attacks on the United States.

Although there is little evidence of a firm alliance yet between IS and al Qaeda-linked Taliban commanders, IS activists have been spotted recently in the Pakistani city of Peshawar distributing pamphlets praising the group.

IS flags have also been seen at street rallies in Indian-administered Kashmir. The trend has been of growing concern to global powers struggling to keep up with the fast-changing nature of the international Islamist insurgency.

In a message marking the Muslim holy festival of Eid al-Adha, the Pakistani Taliban said they fully supported IS goals.

"Oh our brothers, we are proud of you in your victories. We are with you in your happiness and your sorrow," Taliban spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said in a statement sent to Reuters by email from an unknown location.

"In these troubled days, we call for your patience and stability, especially now that all your enemies are united against you. Please put all your rivalries behind you ...

"All Muslims in the world have great expectations of you ... We are with you, we will provide you with Mujahideen (fighters) and with every possible support."

The statement, released in Urdu, Pashto and Arabic, was sent after Islamic State militants beheaded British aid worker Alan Henning in a video posted on Friday, triggering condemnation by the British and U.S. governments.

It also came despite recent speculation that the Taliban leadership, whose goal is to topple the government and set up a Sharia state, is actually wary of IS, which is driven by different ambitions that have little to do with South Asia.

The Pakistani Taliban, funded by local as well as foreign charity donations from wealthy supporters in the Gulf and elsewhere, operate separately from the Afghan insurgents of the same name, but are loosely aligned with them.

There are concerns about further turmoil in the region as most U.S.-led foreign troops withdraw from Afghanistan this year, with groups like the Haqqani network likely to exploit the security vacuum to strengthen their hold on Afghan regions.

The Haqqani network, despite being based in Pakistan, is narrowly focused on its insurgency in Afghanistan and has not commented on IS-related developments.

The Pakistani Taliban have been beset by bitter internal rivalries over the past year, with the influential Mehsud tribal faction of the group refusing to accept the authority of Mullah Fazlullah, who came to power in late 2013.

IS, in an effort to extend its global reach, could exploit these rivalries to its advantage, wading into a region ripe with fierce anti-Western ideology and full of young unemployed men ready to take up guns and fight for Islam.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/10/0 ... HI20141004
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/01 ... p=obinsite
Teenage girls recall horrors of ISIS captivity
Published October 01, 2014
New York Post
Facebook75 Twitter24 Email Print

Teenage girls who escaped the brutal clutches of ISIS terrorists have recounted a harrowing nightmare of beatings, torture, rape and degradation that included being forced to watch videos of men being beheaded.

The girls, members of the persecuted Yazidi minority from northern Iraq, say they were captured and sold or given as gifts.

“We would try to make ourselves look ugly,” an escaped girl, 15, told the Global Post news service. “Some women would cry or scream or fight, but it made no difference. They were always taken anyway.”

She said they were debased so badly that death, even by suicide, was more appealing than living under ISIS’s barbaric control.

“One girl hanged herself,” the teen said. “Another tried, but the ISIS guards stopped her and beat her very badly. No one else tried after that.”

One of the young victims said she became frail and sick because her guards gave them so little to eat.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/01 ... p=obinsite
New York Post

Teenage girls who escaped the brutal clutches of ISIS terrorists have recounted a harrowing nightmare of beatings, torture, rape and degradation that included being forced to watch videos of men being beheaded.

The girls, members of the persecuted Yazidi minority from northern Iraq, say they were captured and sold or given as gifts.

“We would try to make ourselves look ugly,” an escaped girl, 15, told the Global Post news service. “Some women would cry or scream or fight, but it made no difference. They were always taken anyway.”

She said they were debased so badly that death, even by suicide, was more appealing than living under ISIS’s barbaric control.

“One girl hanged herself,” the teen said. “Another tried, but the ISIS guards stopped her and beat her very badly. No one else tried after that.”

One of the young victims said she became frail and sick because her guards gave them so little to eat.

well, Doc, all this you guys making .. arming the dogs to fight secular Assad & Syrian Christians .. preventing Iran helping Iraq fight these criminals

Biden

He said that the regional allies of the U.S, determined to take down Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, "poured hundreds of millions dollars, and tens thousands of tones of weapons into anyone who would fight against al-Assad, accepted the people who would be in supply for Al Nusra and Al Qaeda and extremist elements of jihadists coming from other parts of the world."

"Our biggest problem is our allies. Our allies in the region were our largest problem in Syria. The Turks, we’re great friends and I have a great relationship with Erdoğan that I spent a lot of time with. The Saudis, The Emiratis etc... What were they doing?" Biden asked.

"So now what is happening, all of sudden everybody is awakened," Biden added, claiming that like Turkey admitted its mistakes, Saudi Arabia and Qatar stopped the funding of jihadists.

"Now we have and the president has been able to put together a coalition of our Sunni neighbors, because America can’t once again go in to a Muslim nation and be the aggressive. It has to be led by Sunnis to go and attack a Sunni organization," Biden said.

"They voted in the Turkish parliament to allow Turkish ground forces in the take on ISIL, Turkish airspace be able to be used by NATO and by other allies, Turkish airspace be able to accommodate our drones ... I took a while for Turkey, a Sunni nation, to figure out that ISIL was a direct and immediate threat to their well-being."

With similar remarks, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry had recently placed the blame for the rise of the ISIL on those who resorted to any means to oust al-Assad, creating what he called a “sloppy process.”

Kendra Barkoff, the spokeswoman for the Vice President, also sent a written statement by e-mail on Mr. Biden's remarks.

"Turkey is a critical Ally for the United States, and the Vice President has a personally close relationship with President Erdogan, whom he respects and admires," Barkoff said.

"The two leaders spoke today about our countries’ common effort to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and agreed to coordinate our actions going forward. In the Vice President’s remarks yesterday at Harvard University, he was trying to convey that none of us knew enough about the various elements of the opposition within Syria. However, now that we are confronted with the common threat of ISIL, we are determined to act with our Allies and partners in the region to degrade and destroy this malicious force.”
The US and its regional allies -- especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey – have been supporting the militants operating inside Syria for more than three years.

The ISIL terrorists, who were initially trained by the CIA in Jordan in 2012 to destabilize the Syrian government, control large parts of Syria's northern territory. ISIL sent its fighters into Iraq in June, quickly seizing vast expanse of land straddling the border between the two countries.

America/West knew exactly who is planting those bombs in Iraq daily going off and killing woman and children last 10 yrs .. Saudi Qatari Turks Kuwaiti UAE money, those ISIS brand new Toyota pickup trucks with MG mounted on them still have Kuwaiti registration plates on them, how can one order 1000s of Toyota pickups for ISIS without NSA knowing it, how can ISIS sell 650K barrel of oil a day to Turkey ? ? ? why Iran can not sell oil but ISIS can ? ? :lol: :lol:

Look, Doc, America accomplice creating ISIS, same as you guys created Taliban

Things backfired .. Iran laughing

Nobody can help here except Iran

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
New York Post

well, Doc, all this you guys making .. arming the dogs to fight secular Assad & Syrian Christians .. preventing Iran helping Iraq fight these criminals

Biden

He said that the regional allies of the U.S, determined to take down Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, "poured hundreds of millions dollars, and tens thousands of tones of weapons into anyone who would fight against al-Assad, accepted the people who would be in supply for Al Nusra and Al Qaeda and extremist elements of jihadists coming from other parts of the world."

"Our biggest problem is our allies. Our allies in the region were our largest problem in Syria. The Turks, we’re great friends and I have a great relationship with Erdoğan that I spent a lot of time with. The Saudis, The Emiratis etc... What were they doing?" Biden asked.

"So now what is happening, all of sudden everybody is awakened," Biden added, claiming that like Turkey admitted its mistakes, Saudi Arabia and Qatar stopped the funding of jihadists.

"Now we have and the president has been able to put together a coalition of our Sunni neighbors, because America can’t once again go in to a Muslim nation and be the aggressive. It has to be led by Sunnis to go and attack a Sunni organization," Biden said.

"They voted in the Turkish parliament to allow Turkish ground forces in the take on ISIL, Turkish airspace be able to be used by NATO and by other allies, Turkish airspace be able to accommodate our drones ... I took a while for Turkey, a Sunni nation, to figure out that ISIL was a direct and immediate threat to their well-being."

With similar remarks, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry had recently placed the blame for the rise of the ISIL on those who resorted to any means to oust al-Assad, creating what he called a “sloppy process.”

Kendra Barkoff, the spokeswoman for the Vice President, also sent a written statement by e-mail on Mr. Biden's remarks.

"Turkey is a critical Ally for the United States, and the Vice President has a personally close relationship with President Erdogan, whom he respects and admires," Barkoff said.

"The two leaders spoke today about our countries’ common effort to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and agreed to coordinate our actions going forward. In the Vice President’s remarks yesterday at Harvard University, he was trying to convey that none of us knew enough about the various elements of the opposition within Syria. However, now that we are confronted with the common threat of ISIL, we are determined to act with our Allies and partners in the region to degrade and destroy this malicious force.”

America/West new exactly who is planting those bombs in Iraq daily going off and killing woman and children last 10 yrs .. Saudi Qatari Turks Kuwaiti UAE money, those brand new Toyota pickup trucks with MG mounted on them still have Kuwaiti registration plates on them

Look, America was accomplice creating ISIS, same as you guys created Taliban

Things did not backfire AZ as far as providing weapons to ISIS or Al Qaeda because you have NOTHING to back up your claims other than Propaganda RT and sites of that ilk.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
New York Post

Biden

America/West new exactly who is planting those bombs in Iraq daily going off and killing woman and children last 10 yrs .. Saudi Qatari Turks Kuwaiti UAE money, those brand new Toyota pickup trucks with MG mounted on them still have Kuwaiti registration plates on them

Things did not backfire AZ as far as providing weapons to ISIS or Al Qaeda because you have NOTHING to back up your claims other than Propaganda RT and sites of that ilk.

Doc, seems you did not read what Biden said

Please read it again .. he sayin what Azari sayin

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
New York Post

Biden

He said regional allies of the US..... YOU said "Look, America was accomplice creating ISIS, same as you guys created Taliban " IE YOU are full of BS. BTW Saudi Arabia is now financing Russian arms sales to Hezbollah via the Lebanese government. Are you now going to claim that the US is sending ground troops into Lebanon? ;)
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
New York Post

Biden

He said regional allies of the US..... YOU said "Look, America was accomplice creating ISIS, same as you guys created Taliban " IE YOU are full of BS. BTW Saudi Arabia is now financing Russian arms sales to Hezbollah via the Lebanese government. Are you now going to claim that the US is sending ground troops into Lebanon? ;)

Doc, Turkey is a NATO country, Turkey can not do things Biden was alleging without NATO agreement .. Qatar, Kuwait, UAE are a "nobody", they Western cronies .. and .. KSA without western backing would not last a month

West came with this plan .. getting rid of Qaddafi and later getting rid of Assad .. money came from those cronies, Turkey was running the show on behalf of NATO, meaning you guys

Now, those animals, Daesh, turning on you guys

Things very simple .. does not need Einstein to understand what's going on

and

" Behind these atrocities are agents who have concealed themselves in the so-called counter-terrorism coalition ”

“ Iran reproaches the UN’s negligence toward domestic and foreign perpetrators of these crimes and demands that the countries claiming campaign against terrorism, instead of putting on counterterrorism theatricalities, stop supporting terrorists with financial and military aid ” she said in a statement.

Doc, you remember calling Assad names, calling Qaddafi names .. well, here you have your "freedom fighters" :lol: (where were you when these animals were beheading Syrian Christian clergy ?) .. where is Mc Cain, where is Graham ? ?

Nobody can do this job except Iran .. America must now change horse .. change from those crony, Saudi and Persian Golf monkeys to our beloved Persia .. Mos*he will be grandfathered :)

If so, it would be smoooooth sailin

Everything would change if Barack Hussein follows Nixon example and drops in Tehran .. the "Grand Bargain", here we come

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Biden

Doc, Turkey is a NATO country, Turkey can not do things Biden was alleging without NATO agreement .. Qatar, Kuwait, UAE are a "nobody", they Western cronies .. and .. KSA without western backing would not last a month

West came with this plan .. getting rid of Qaddafi and later getting rid of Assad .. money came from those cronies, Turkey was running the show on behalf of NATO, meaning you guys

Now, those animals, Daesh, turning on you guys

Things very simple .. does not need Einstein to understand what's going on

and

" Behind these atrocities are agents who have concealed themselves in the so-called counter-terrorism coalition ”

“ Iran reproaches the UN’s negligence toward domestic and foreign perpetrators of these crimes and demands that the countries claiming campaign against terrorism, instead of putting on counterterrorism theatricalities, stop supporting terrorists with financial and military aid ” she said in a statement.

Doc, you remember calling Assad names, calling Qaddafi names .. well, here you have your "freedom fighters" :lol: (where were you when these animals were beheading Syrian Christian clergy ?) .. where is Mc Cain, where is Graham ? ?

Nobody can do this job except Iran .. America must now change horse .. change from those crony, Saudi and Persian Golf monkeys to our beloved Persia .. Mos*he will be grandfathered :)

If so, it would be smoooooth sailin

Everything would change if Barack Hussein follows Nixon example and drops in Tehran .. the "Grand Bargain", here we come

.[/quote]

!) Turkey is not restrained from controlling its own borders. It under the current leadership believes it can give arms to whoever it wants.

The freedom fighters in question were FSA members trained in Jordan They were given non lethal aid by the US and they are currently situated along the border with Jordan and isolated from the other groups Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Why is it AZ that you constantly make claims that the US did that or the US did this without any proof other than Press TV and Russia Today? Are you simply a propagandist for the Iranian government?
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://strategypage.com/htmw/htterr/art ... 41005.aspx
Counter-Terrorism: A Million Potential Recruits For ISIL

October 5, 2014: In late September 2014 American officials admitted that at least a hundred American Moslems had gone off to fight for ISIL (al Qaeda in Iraq and the Levant). Apparently only about a dozen Americans are there now and most of the hundred identified American Moslems have not made it to Syria yet. Some have returned and a few have sort of disappeared. That is, no one really knows where they are at the moment, or at least the FBI was not revealing many details. This is to be expected in situations where intelligence operations are still under way. What is interesting is the revelation that so few American Moslems could be found actually going to, or trying to, join ISIL. Some 3,000 European Moslems have apparently gone to Syria to join ISIL since 2013. There are believed to be about 2,000 European Moslems fighting in Syria or Iraq right now and about ten percent of those who have gone to fight for ISIL have been killed. Hundreds have returned so far and some of these jihad (Arabic for “struggle”) veterans often seek out new recruits. These jihadis are very effective at attracting new volunteers. As small as the number of actual Islamic radicals there now are in Europe, a far larger number (over ten percent) of European Moslems will admit to admiring the goals and methods of Islamic terrorists. Most of those who did go to Syria are now more radicalized than when they left and police fear they may contribute to more Islamic terrorism in Europe. You can’t do much to these men unless they actually commit a crime in Europe, although in some countries it is possible to prosecute them for fighting for an Islamic terrorist organization anywhere. But you have to prove it in court and that is difficult. Nevertheless such prosecutions are underway and most countries monitor returning jihadis, ready to make arrests if any local laws are broken.

There is much less pro-ISIL sentiment among American Moslems, but still enough to generate some interest among a few young Moslem men. A small but growing number of new converts, who encountered Islam while in prison and were radicalized there as well, are now free and talking enough about jihad and Islamic terrorism that they are being detected and monitored.

In Europe efforts are being made to prevent more men from joining ISIL but that is difficult because Moslems have not adapted well in Europe and have a lot more problems doing so than other immigrants. In part this is because European nations have a much harder time accepting and integrating migrants than the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In part that’s because these four nations are largely composed of migrants or descendants of migrants. There are still problems but as the saying goes in the U.S., “we’re all minorities here.” European nations are less accepting of outsiders and citizenship is not automatically conferred on anyone born there. Ancestry counts for much more and it is difficult for immigrants, even those who speak the language like natives and have absorbed the local culture to become citizens. Despite that, most migrants still want to be accepted.

Moslem migrants have an additional problem because their religion does not really accept being a religious minority anywhere. Many Moslem clerics agree that non-Moslems must convert eventually and radical clergy sanction the use of force to make that happen sooner rather than later. To help this along radical clergy depict the non-Moslem majority as inherently hostile to Islam and constantly trying to get Moslems to abandon their religion. In Islamic theology conversion to another religion is not allowed and in some Moslem countries such conversions are banned by secular law, often under pain of death.

This rebellious and militant attitude is particularly popular with many young Moslem men. This sense of victimhood makes it easier for young Moslem men to become criminals. Thus in France, where ten percent of the population is Moslem, over 60 percent of the prison population is Moslem. Thus efforts by parents to keep their children from joining Islamic radial or terrorist organizations tend to fail. The wayward child can justify his criminal ways by referring to Islamic scripture and Islamic clerics who preach acceptance of radical Islam. This has been a problem with Islam, even in Moslem majority nations, for centuries.

What does change the attitudes of some radicalized Moslem men is the reality of Islamic terrorism. Thus the popularity of Islamic radicalism everywhere took a big drop in 2007 when the majority of Sunni Moslems in Iraq turned against it because Islamic terrorism there was killing far more Moslems than non-Moslems. Even al Qaeda leadership noted this development and had tried to get the Islamic terrorists in Iraq to sharply reduce the number of innocent civilians they were killing. Unwilling to do so, al Qaeda was defeated in Iraq and has been rebuilding mainly because Iraqi nationalists insisted that all American troops, including the intelligence and special operations units that so effectively identified and destroyed al Qaeda leaders and specialists, leave the country in 2011. Iraq now wants some of those specialists back and that is slowly happening.

For centuries the non-Moslem world ignored Islamic terrorism, at least as long as it remained a dispute just among Moslems. But in the 1970s a new idea arose among radical clergy who began blaming the West for all the backwardness, bad government and general misery in Moslem nations. That’s when al Qaeda decided to take the war to the infidels (non-Moslems). This produced growing violence against Western targets in the 1990s and culminated in the September 11, 2001 attacks. The carnage of those attacks was immensely popular among Moslems, although most Moslem governments condemned it. That was in part because these attacks against infidels were an indirect effort to overthrow Moslem governments that radicals did not believe were Moslem enough. That struggle continues and while many Saudi citizens still send cash and sons to al Qaeda, Saudi Arabia is very much opposed to al Qaeda. But there are over a billion Moslems and even if one in a thousand supports Islamic terrorism that’s a million potential recruits for ISIL.
Heracleum Persicum

Biden during an unguarded moment during a Q&A at Harvard University on Thursday, accused the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey of inciting radical Sunni elements to raise their weapons against Assad

“What did they [the three countries] do ? They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad – except that the people who were being supplied were Jabhat al-Nusra and al-Qaida and the extremist elements of jihadis coming from other parts of the world,” said Biden.

Perhaps most frustrating for the politician with a history of loose-lipped statements is that Secretary of State John Kerry had made a virtually identical statement less than a fortnight earlier, saying that funding anti-Assad troops has been a “sloppy process” that led to the rise of ISIS.

Biden and Kerry sayin exactly what Iran’s FM spokeswoman said .. " Behind these atrocities are agents who have concealed themselves in the so-called counter-terrorism coalition ”

Told you Doc, all these you guy's making

Turkey, UAE were executing you guy's plan, why now Biden complaining ? ? Turks and UAE and KSA justified asking for apology, they "victim" :lol:

"Even the generally pro-'Complex' media stateside has long been publishing exposés about the role of Qatar, the KSA, Kuwait and, yes, Turkey too, in funding, arming and supporting the same insurgents who are now rallying around the al-Nusra Front and ISIL flags,"

:lol:

Well, Doc, that's what happens when you don't listen to our beloved Persia

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

We should be tougher in Europe on what local Muslim radicals are concerned. Any cleric preaching violence should be first very heavily fined and, if caught again at it, should be expelled to the country of origin. Non-native Muslims involved in violence or belonging to violence promoting organizations should likewise be expelled. Mosques favourable to violence or assisting violent groups at home or abroad should be closed ant their imam deported. Money transfers to foreign Muslim "charity" organizations should be banned. Private Muslim schools should be closely monitored to make sure violence in any form against the host country or against non-Muslims is not being promoted. Integration of Muslims should be strongly promoted. Separate living quarters or ghettos should be actively discouraged. Immigrants from Muslim countries (and maybe from all countries), except refugees, should only be accepted if they could prove a working knowledge of the local language. No country has any obligation to accept immigrants who do not seem to want to integrate in the host society. On the other hand, those who are accepted, should not in any way be discriminated against and should be integrated as quickly as possible.
Heracleum Persicum

The former French officer is an ordnance specialist who has fought with Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Syria, rebels said.
A European intelligence source described him as “highly trained in Western intelligence trade-craft and explosives.”

​A former French intelligence officer who joined Al-Qaeda was a prime target for one of the initial US airstrikes in Syria late last month, European intelligence sources told McClatchy news service.

The former French officer, whose identity wasn't revealed, is believed to be the highest-ranking defector to join the global jihadist group long at odds with the West, McClatchy reported citing multiple “European intelligence officials” at least two of whom independently identified the defector by name. Four intelligence officials from various nations could confirm or partially confirm the former French officer’s existence. All sources asked to remain anonymous for the story.

The sources said the former French operative was a main target in strikes that sent 47 cruise missiles into eight areas controlled by Nusra Front, an Al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria. The former officer is “still alive and kicking” after the bombardment, one source said.

US officials have said the targeting of Nusra Front positions in Syria was an effort to destroy the Khorasan group, a unit of militants that the US introduced last month as an organization that has “established a safe haven in Syria to develop external attacks, construct and test improvised explosive devices and recruit Westerners to conduct operations,” according to a statement by the US Department of Defense following strikes on Sept. 22.

Doc

US losing the fight against ISIS

Post by Doc »

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... d-airport/
ISIL Within Shelling Range of Baghdad Airport. Gaining ground in both Iraq, Syria

BY: Daniel Wiser
October 6, 2014 6:10 pm

The United States appears to be losing its fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) in Iraq and Syria, experts say, as the jihadist group adapts to U.S. airstrikes and advances toward Baghdad and a strategic town on the Syrian-Turkish border.

McClatchy reported on Friday that ISIL had established an operational presence in Abu Ghraib, a town within miles of the capital Baghdad that could enable the militants to shell the Baghdad International Airport with artillery. The airport serves as a key transit point for Western embassies and houses a joint operations center with U.S. military advisers.

A Defense Department spokeswoman said there were no indications yet that ISIL had taken over Abu Ghraib.

ISIL has also made significant gains in recent days in Iraq’s western Anbar province, where it has seized the town of Hit and launched assaults on other military bases in the region. Hundreds of Iraqi soldiers have been captured, and U.S. and allied airstrikes appear to have failed to push back ISIL from its strongholds in Anbar.

In Syria, ISIL engaged in intense fighting on Monday with Kurdish forces in Kobani—a key town near the Turkish border that could grant Islamic militants new smuggling lines for fighters and supplies if they control it. U.S. airstrikes have also failed to relieve ISIL’s siege of Kobani.

Additionally, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that ISIL fighters have adopted new tactics to evade airstrikes and retain control of territory, including avoiding the use of cell phones and radios, removing their leaders and weapons from bases in Syria, and blending in with the civilian population.

Wayne Hsieh, an associate professor at the U.S. Naval Academy and a former State Department official who served in Iraq, said in an interview that “things are not going well.”

”The problem at the end of the day is how seriously [President Obama] takes this,” he said.

”Is this the president’s response to political pressure placed on him after the execution of [American journalist James] Foley, or does he really want to degrade and destroy the Islamic State? If he really does want to degrade and destroy the Islamic State, I think you’re going to have to see escalation, but the situation on the ground militarily is so problematic.”

Hsieh said he did not believe Baghdad was close to falling to ISIL, but added that sustained attacks on the airport there would pose a serious threat to supplies for Western embassies and the U.S. military personnel that are stationed there. He questioned why the United States had not provided arms to the YPG, the Syrian Kurdish forces battling ISIL in Kobani that previously helped save tens of thousands of Yazidis in Iraq.

Turkey, whose parliament voted last week to authorize strikes in Iraq and Syria, still has not aided the Syrian Kurds because of their ties to the PKK, a group that both Ankara and Washington have designated as a terrorist organization.

Hsieh noted that the U.S. military and its allies are largely using bases in the Persian Gulf to strike ISIL in Iraq and Syria, meaning their planes have to cover longer distances and must spend more time refueling than if they had bases in Iraq. Operating from Iraq would likely require more U.S. troops on the ground to secure the bases.

Navy officials have said they are relying on ships and aircraft that are already in the region and do not plan on deploying another carrier due to the limited nature of the strikes. Those limitations could be contributing to the inability so far of the airstrikes to uproot ISIL from its positions, Hsieh argued.

“That just shows you how not seriously they’re taking this,” he said.

U.S. forces also used Apache AH-64 attack helicopters for the first time over the weekend to strike ISIL militants near Fallujah. Helicopters are more vulnerable to small arms fire and missiles than warplanes.

“[The Obama administration’s] sort of doing this slow-motion escalation,” Hsieh said. “I don’t know if they’re thinking all this through.”

Commander Elissa Smith, a Pentagon spokeswoman, defended the Obama administration’s strategy against ISIL in an emailed statement.

“Our airstrikes have been effective in achieving our goal of degrading and ultimately destroying ISIL,” she said. “It is important to remember that this is a long campaign, and we have been clear that it will take time to roll ISIL back.”

Smith added that there will soon be about 1,600 military personnel in Iraq, but “the Defense Department has said that there won’t be any ground combat forces and we don’t comment on future operations.”

However, some analysts say Obama’s strategy still does not match his stated goal of eliminating ISIL.

Michael Rubin, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and a former Pentagon adviser on Iran and Iraq during the George W. Bush administration, said in an email that the United States’ current anti-ISIL efforts are “long on symbolism and short on substance.”

“To avoid targeting ISIL forces attacking Kobani is like Franklin Delano Roosevelt declaring war on Japan, and then concentrating the American attacks on Argentina,” Rubin said. “What we have is war as a neighborhood organizer would fight it, not as anyone who knows anything about the military or the Middle East or simply the real world would advise.”
Doc

Post by Doc »

ISIS plans to make deal with Putin, invade Iran after consolidating power in Iraq

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-militants ... lp-1468557
Isis Militants 'Plotting to seize Iran's Nuclear Secrets with Russia's Help'

Militant group's Iraq forces planned to invade Iran and make a deal with Russia for oil

VASUDEVAN-SRIDHARAN
By Vasudevan Sridharan
October 5, 2014 10:10 BST

370 32

Isis militants in Iraq plan to invade Iran to seize details of its nuclear programme and give it to Moscow, in exchange for help defeating Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, the Sunday Times claims.

According to newspaper, an Isis (Islamic State) manifesto, believed to be written by its commander Abdullah Ahmed al-Meshedani, states the militant group is planning to take its battle to Iran, to obtain Tehran's nuclear secrets.

The papers were seized by Iraqi authorities during a counter-offensive against Isis, and were verified by Western intelligence authorities. It was thought to have been seized during a raid on a senior militant's house.

In return for giving Russia access to oil and gas fields in the Anbar province of Iraq, which is controlled by Islamic State, the militant group was to ask Moscow to stop supporting the Syrian president and Iran's Shi'ite-controlled government, and instead support Sunni-controlled governments in the Middle East and give Islamic State control over Iran's nuclear programme.

The Sunni insurgent group's manifesto also reportedly contained plans to uproot the Shi'ite-dominated Iranian government in order to spread its self-proclaimed caliphate, and plans to ethnically cleanse the Middle East of Shi'ite Muslims.
Mr. Perfect

Re: US losing the fight against ISIS

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think that has been the plan from the beginning. Just a few days ago Biden was celebrating that the world was coming apart at the seams. It's what the obama voter wanted and voted for and the only thing he has delivered. Destruction.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr.P., what happened to the Milo Doctrine? You gave up on it?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No, not at all. My essential view is here:

http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20796
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:No, not at all. My essential view is here:

http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20796
You say that the choice is either total war on Islam or the full Milo Doctrine and let them cannibalize each other. But in reality a few underdogs of the day are being saved without changing the bigger course of events.

So reality, for now, is the Milo Doctrine with a few cosmetic actions that save a handful. What's so bad about that?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

All fine and well AZ but you didn't answer my question. Nothing to lose you head over ..well maybe so...Putin is probably drooling over the thought of have control of the majority of the world's oil supply...