The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

This too shall pass.
kmich

Re: The Obama Caliphate

Post by kmich »

Doc wrote:
How "PC" of you...First my "Stero Types" Are not out of ignorance they are first hand. SECONDLY THEY tell me HAVE BEEN telling me for years well BEFORE 911 that there is a problem. They complain about the books being sold at the mosques. The ones married to Americans complain that they are always having to defend American women against the others. Your experience is not the same thing.

As for having a stake ===> Did you not read what I have been writing over and over again?

Further more if you go back and read what I said I clearly stated that as Muslim Immigrants live in the US, over time they become more assimilated.
Look, Doc, I did not mention you in my post or accuse you of anything, so there is not need to get so touchy. If you don't like my "PC" you can shove it and ignore it as you please.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: A. Every Islamic organization condemns them. Even the Vatican agrees. ISIS are not Muslim. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/ ... -isis.html

B. The number one rule for Muslims is do not harm other Muslims. Mega fail.

D. Muslims do not allow interest, but the first act of ISIS was to seize the Iraqi Central Bank. They aren't copying Willie Sutton. They want to control interest-based lending. If they were Muslim every bond in the place would be in a burn barrel.
None of this matters. Fanatical religious movements do not adhere to the principles of their religion but only to their own, made-up ideology, and it's quite obvious why the ideology of ISIS is attractive to disgruntled young Muslim men.

Slavoj Zizek had an excellent take on ISIS recently: ISIS is a disgrace to true fundamentalism
C. Not one, but two faked and bloodless " beheadings".
There is no evidence these beheadings were faked -- the resulting images are consistent with the expected aftermath of a beheading. There would be absolutely no reason for the torsos or the heads themselves to be blood-stained if carried out correctly. It's also pretty clear the beheadings were carried out off-camera and now we have a clearer picture of why: they wanted to kill all the hostages at once and release the videos later. It makes little sense to behead and film in chronological order if you want to film a slick video in one day.

There is simply no reason for them to have "faked" these beheadings. There is nothing to be gained.
Either ISIS is an old school IMF/NWO stunt, or they are a new school BRICS/NWO stunt. BRICS is not a challenge to globalization, it is a back-up plan. Just like the Bolshevik/Capitalist conflict, the same group controls both sides. ISIS is simply demagoguery 101 - find a mutual enemy to unite the population behind your agenda.
BRICS was a term used once by a Goldman Sachs analyst. In other words, it was a marketing term. The concept was long ago acknowledged to be meaningless.

This is just conspiratorial nonsense. ISIS is not the product of any national government or private organization. That theory is not even plausible. ISIS is well-organized for a militant group but this is not surprising given the decades of training its senior leaders have had in this type of warfare. But it's not nearly as well organized as the media is making it out to be. Don't be fooled by slick social media videos. There is plenty of local talent in the middle east capable of forming and running an armed movement like ISIS.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:
Doc wrote:
How "PC" of you...First my "Stero Types" Are not out of ignorance they are first hand. SECONDLY THEY tell me HAVE BEEN telling me for years well BEFORE 911 that there is a problem. They complain about the books being sold at the mosques. The ones married to Americans complain that they are always having to defend American women against the others. Your experience is not the same thing.

As for having a stake ===> Did you not read what I have been writing over and over again?

Further more if you go back and read what I said I clearly stated that as Muslim Immigrants live in the US, over time they become more assimilated.
Look, Doc, I did not mention you in my post or accuse you of anything, so there is not need to get so touchy. If you don't like my "PC" you can shove it and ignore it as you please.
Well you seemed to be trying to shut down the discussion. I am touchy about that. It is kind of like saying "Hitler was crazy" and ending the conversation at that point. He may have been completely nuts but he still managed to get into the position to kill 10's of millions of people. So just saying he was crazy doesn't cut it.

This stuff is pretty complex. There are enough elements to it that one could claim almost anything to be true. Sorry about your experiences growing up. But they undoubtedly made you who you are. Probably built a lot of character. BTW I always hated it when my father told me that as a child.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote: A. Every Islamic organization condemns them. Even the Vatican agrees. ISIS are not Muslim. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/ ... -isis.html

B. The number one rule for Muslims is do not harm other Muslims. Mega fail.

D. Muslims do not allow interest, but the first act of ISIS was to seize the Iraqi Central Bank. They aren't copying Willie Sutton. They want to control interest-based lending. If they were Muslim every bond in the place would be in a burn barrel.
None of this matters. Fanatical religious movements do not adhere to the principles of their religion but only to their own, made-up ideology, and it's quite obvious why the ideology of ISIS is attractive to disgruntled young Muslim men.

Slavoj Zizek had an excellent take on ISIS recently: ISIS is a disgrace to true fundamentalism
C. Not one, but two faked and bloodless " beheadings".
There is no evidence these beheadings were faked -- the resulting images are consistent with the expected aftermath of a beheading. There would be absolutely no reason for the torsos or the heads themselves to be blood-stained if carried out correctly. It's also pretty clear the beheadings were carried out off-camera and now we have a clearer picture of why: they wanted to kill all the hostages at once and release the videos later. It makes little sense to behead and film in chronological order if you want to film a slick video in one day.
There is every reason to believe they were real, and I think you are right Zack. IF you watch the Foley beheading video the guy doing the talking appears to have bloody hands before the beheading. I also believe that the Beheadings were practiced over and over again. There seems to be a cut away in Foley's beheading video. There was some speculation that was for someone else to step in and do the beheading. But these guys believe in slick video production. They wanted it perfect. SO they get Foley to do the speach over and over again then take the best cut and splice it to the actual beheading for what they feel is maximum effect.
There is simply no reason for them to have "faked" these beheadings. There is nothing to be gained.
Except in the sense I mention above.
Either ISIS is an old school IMF/NWO stunt, or they are a new school BRICS/NWO stunt. BRICS is not a challenge to globalization, it is a back-up plan. Just like the Bolshevik/Capitalist conflict, the same group controls both sides. ISIS is simply demagoguery 101 - find a mutual enemy to unite the population behind your agenda.
BRICS was a term used once by a Goldman Sachs analyst. In other words, it was a marketing term. The concept was long ago acknowledged to be meaningless.

This is just conspiratorial nonsense. ISIS is not the product of any national government or private organization. That theory is not even plausible. ISIS is well-organized for a militant group but this is not surprising given the decades of training its senior leaders have had in this type of warfare. But it's not nearly as well organized as the media is making it out to be. Don't be fooled by slick social media videos. There is plenty of local talent in the middle east capable of forming and running an armed movement like ISIS.[/quote]

Al Baghdadi by the accounts I have read is a pretty intelligent guy. Even that he has a PHD. ISIS strategy is attack like a mad dog then back off when the opposition stands firm. That is how they cowed the magnitude more numerous Iraqi Army.
Last edited by Doc on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
kmich

Post by kmich »

Doc wrote:Well you seemed to be trying to shut down the discussion. I am touchy about that. It is kind of like saying "Hitler was crazy" and ending the conversation at that point. He may have been completely nuts but he still managed to get into the position to kill 10's of millions of people. So just saying he was crazy doesn't cut it.
I have no idea how you got that out of what I said.
Doc wrote:This stuff is pretty complex. There are enough elements to it that one could claim almost anything to be true. Sorry about your experiences growing up. But they undoubtedly made you who you are. Probably built a lot of character. BTW I always hated it when my father told me that as a child.
Yes and thanks. I think. :?
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:
Doc wrote:Well you seemed to be trying to shut down the discussion. I am touchy about that. It is kind of like saying "Hitler was crazy" and ending the conversation at that point. He may have been completely nuts but he still managed to get into the position to kill 10's of millions of people. So just saying he was crazy doesn't cut it.
I have no idea how you got that out of what I said.
I suppose you would. In the past in other forums far far away, much further then you might assume, when I tried to talk in terms that white was not really white and black was not really black I was told in no uncertain terms how wrong racist obtuse etc etc etc is an ever descending spiral of ugly I was for claiming that/ How I could not possibly be right that there was other than black and white because clearly there was only black and white. . So yes I am a bit touchy about PC. Not that I feel particularly hurt personally about it But that I would rather discuss things in terms of other colors. As without them I don't see it as a discussion at all. .
Doc wrote:This stuff is pretty complex. There are enough elements to it that one could claim almost anything to be true. Sorry about your experiences growing up. But they undoubtedly made you who you are. Probably built a lot of character. BTW I always hated it when my father told me that as a child.
Yes and thanks. I think. :?[/quote]

It was meant as a compliment.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:The British are ahead of mainland Europe, having fostered greater diversity in business, media and politics. But we’ve also helped create monocultural ghettos in northern cities where entire communities can survive without speaking English or making any contact with “white Britain.” Physically they are in Britain, mentally in Pakistan.
The British had a multi-racial, multi-cultural empire for a couple of centuries. Then they helped make sure the Germans couldn't get one.
Germany and Denmark refer to second- and third-generation “immigrants” as “guest workers” in a “host country”; they are seen as Turks, not Germans, despite birth and upbringing in Deutschland.
Germany nationalism still going strong? I'm shocked, shocked! :lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:
good article Zack, thanks.

great paragraph, this could be the forward to noddy's book on Indifference:
But are the terrorist fundamentalists really fundamentalists in the authentic sense of the term? Do they really believe? What they lack is a feature that is easy to discern in all authentic fundamentalists, from Tibetan Buddhists to the Amish in the United States — the absence of resentment and envy, the deep indifference towards the nonbelievers’ way of life. If today’s so-called fundamentalists really believe they have found their way to Truth, why should they feel threatened by nonbelievers. Why should they envy them? When a Buddhist encounters a Western hedonist, he hardly condemns. He just benevolently notes that the hedonist’s search for happiness is self-defeating. In contrast to true fundamentalists, the terrorist pseudo-fundamentalists are deeply bothered, intrigued and fascinated by the sinful life of the nonbelievers. One can feel that, in fighting the sinful other, they are fighting their own temptation. This is why the so-called fundamentalists of ISIS are a disgrace to true fundamentalism.

I think this psychoanalysis fits all who are "offended" at differing opinions:

The problem with terrorist fundamentalists is not that we consider them inferior to us, but, rather, that they themselves secretly consider themselves inferior. This is why our condescending, politically correct assurances that we feel no superiority toward them only makes them more furious and feeds their resentment.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:The British are ahead of mainland Europe, having fostered greater diversity in business, media and politics. But we’ve also helped create monocultural ghettos in northern cities where entire communities can survive without speaking English or making any contact with “white Britain.” Physically they are in Britain, mentally in Pakistan.
The British had a multi-racial, multi-cultural empire for a couple of centuries. Then they helped make sure the Germans couldn't get one. [/quiote]

Are you saying that was a equitable arrangement for all involved? I would think that is not what you are meaning to say But otherwise I am not at all sure what you would be saying.
Germany and Denmark refer to second- and third-generation “immigrants” as “guest workers” in a “host country”; they are seen as Turks, not Germans, despite birth and upbringing in Deutschland.
Germany nationalism still going strong? I'm shocked, shocked! :lol:
Yeah something just below the surface. I have known a few Germans Some were really nice people others were real aholes. When I was a kid we used to play a joke. Walk up to another kid and ask then in a German accent.. "DO you want to play German" Then after they answered Yes or no Slap them (not hard) on the face and say "You lie You Lie !!) 7th grade humor...
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Are you saying that was a equitable arrangement for all involved? I would think that is not what you are meaning to say But otherwise I am not at all sure what you would be saying.
I'm saying that the English needed to get along with other cultures and that being the conqueror makes it easier. Not for the conquered, obviously.
Yeah something just below the surface. I have known a few Germans Some were really nice people others were real aholes. When I was a kid we used to play a joke. Walk up to another kid and ask then in a German accent.. "DO you want to play German" Then after they answered Yes or no Slap them (not hard) on the face and say "You lie You Lie !!) 7th grade humor...
:)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:It does not work if there is no assimilation.
There is little assimilation of poor Muslims.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there's little assimilation of poor people in general. When the Daily Mail talks about the Romanian problem in England, it's not Romanian businessmen they complain about. If you're working class and above, your language and customs are just one more problem to be overcome at work or during business negotiations. If you're poor... god help you.
"Poor Romanian" is codespeak for Roma, another unassimilated and parasitical minority. The poor Hindus and Sikhs who came here are by and large no longer poor, and even the black community is integrating quite well, admittedly into the working class. The lowest educational performers now are native white working class boys.

There is a cultural problem with a minority that wants to isolate themselves and regards the West as decadent and immoral. Also many of the "British" jihadis who went to Syria are quite well educated and in mainstream jobs, not the poor by any means.
Zack Morris wrote:
By comparing the West obsession of Islamists with the indifference of Buddhism and the Amish, Zizek mistakes the nature of Islam. The latter two groups seek to shelter themselves from the world, whereas Islam is fundamentally political ; Muslims, in their view, are born to rule. Since Muslim states are incapable of competing economically, that leaves violence.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Not Wise to Confuse Amish with Muslims......

Post by monster_gardener »

Torchwood wrote:
YMix wrote:

EDIT: Come to think of it, there's little assimilation of poor people in general. When the Daily Mail talks about the Romanian problem in England, it's not Romanian businessmen they complain about. If you're working class and above, your language and customs are just one more problem to be overcome at work or during business negotiations. If you're poor... god help you.
"Poor Romanian" is codespeak for Roma, another unassimilated and parasitical minority. The poor Hindus and Sikhs who came here are by and large no longer poor, and even the black community is integrating quite well, admittedly into the working class. The lowest educational performers now are native white working class boys.

There is a cultural problem with a minority that wants to isolate themselves and regards the West as decadent and immoral. Also many of the "British" jihadis who went to Syria are quite well educated and in mainstream jobs, not the poor by any means.
Zack Morris wrote:
By comparing the West obsession of Islamists with the indifference of Buddhism and the Amish, Zizek mistakes the nature of Islam. The latter two groups seek to shelter themselves from the world, whereas Islam is fundamentally political ; Muslims, in their view, are born to rule. Since Muslim states are incapable of competing economically, that leaves violence.
Thank You VERY MUCH For Your Post, Torchwood.
Bingo!

Well said!

Zizek's essay impressed me as mostly being worthless bunk designed to enable Zizek and his readers to feel comfortably morally superior to the Caliphate Commandos of ISIS....

Like you wrote: Muslims feel born to to rule/superior to infidels of whatever sort....

Mohammed said it to them: "You are the Best of Peoples.....They believe it...... And that settles it for them.....

Making the mistake of thinking devout Amish & Buddhists are like devout Jihadi Muslims can be a deadly mistake....

IIRC one that silly Holy Twit ex-President Jimmy Carter allegedly made.....Carter did not want to stop the vile Ayatollah Khomeini as Brezenski advised because Carter thought Khomeini was a "Holy Man" :roll:
Last edited by monster_gardener on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Post by Doc »

Torchwood wrote:
YMix wrote:

Zack Morris wrote:
ISIS think fundamentalists are a bunch of wimpy infidels

I would change that just a bit. Muslim states are not capable of competing in the modern world. This is why Jihadis want to live in the 8th century
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:I would change that just a bit. Muslim states are not capable of competing in the modern world. This is why Jihadis want to live in the 8th century
Muslim rulers do not want to compete in the modern world. They just want to keep ruling. Also, aren't you the guy who started thinking that taxes should be used to prevent the disruption of a certain kind of life?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:I would change that just a bit. Muslim states are not capable of competing in the modern world. This is why Jihadis want to live in the 8th century
Dubai, Quatar, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, SA, Yemen, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan - all are creditable, modern Islamic international competitors.

Jihadis are violent anarchists who have no desire to live within a current, successfully functioning Muslim state so they seek to make their own private kingdoms. They refuse to acknowledge any accepted Muslim political or theological authority. They support themselves as mercenaries, and use the cash flow to secure allegiances which they hope to parlay into a more permanent power structure under their control.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Dubai, Quatar, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, SA, Yemen, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan - all are creditable, modern Islamic international competitors.

Jihadis are violent anarchists who have no desire to live within a current, successfully functioning Muslim state so they seek to make their own private kingdoms. They refuse to acknowledge any accepted Muslim political or theological authority. They support themselves as mercenaries, and use the cash flow to secure allegiances which they hope to parlay into a more permanent power structure under their control.
Most of the countries mentioned are economic basket cases not in spite of Islam but because of it. They simply cannot move on. It does not take that many people opposing something like modernity to stop it if they are prepared to be violent to get their way. Iran was a quickly developing country before the revolution The revolution happened because many Iranians rejected it on religious grounds.

The cash flow that is apparently coming out of Qatar. Home of Al Jazeera.
Doc wrote:
Qatar’s Support of Islamists Alienates Allies Near and Far

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICKSEPT. 7, 2014

Photo
An aerial view of Doha, the capital. Several people identified by the United States as private fund-raisers for Al Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate operate freely in the city. Credit Yoan Valat/European Pressphoto Agency

CAIRO — Standing at the front of a conference hall in Doha, the visiting sheikh told his audience of wealthy Qataris that to help the battered residents of Syria, they should not bother with donations to humanitarian programs or the Western-backed Free Syrian Army.

“Give your money to the ones who will spend it on jihad, not aid,” implored the sheikh, Hajaj al-Ajmi, recently identified by the United States government as a fund-raiser for Al Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate.

Qatar is a tiny, petroleum-rich Persian Gulf monarchy where the United States has its largest military base in the Middle East. But for years it has tacitly consented to open fund-raising by Sheikh Ajmi and others like him. After his pitch, which he recorded in 2012 and which still circulates on the Internet, a sportscaster from the government-owned network, Al Jazeera, lauded him. “Sheikh Ajmi knows best” about helping Syrians, the sportscaster, Mohamed Sadoun El-Kawary, declared from the same stage.

Sheikh Ajmi’s career as fund-raiser is one example of how Qatar has for many years helped support a spectrum of Islamist groups around the region by providing safe haven, diplomatic mediation, financial aid and, in certain instances, weapons.
Photo

Sheikh Ajmi and at least a half-dozen others identified by the United States as private fund-raisers for Al Qaeda’s Syrian franchise operate freely in Doha, often speaking at state-owned mosques and even occasionally appearing on Al Jazeera. The state itself has provided at least some form of assistance — whether sanctuary, media, money or weapons — to the Taliban of Afghanistan, Hamas of Gaza, rebels from Syria, militias in Libya and allies of the Muslim Brotherhood across the region.

Now, however, Qatar is finding itself under withering attack by an unlikely alignment of interests, including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Israel, which have all sought to portray it as a godfather to terrorists everywhere. Some in Washington have accused it of directly supporting the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria — an extremist group so bloodthirsty that Al Qaeda has condemned it — a charge that Western officials, independent analysts and Arab diplomats critical of Qatar all call implausible and unsubstantiated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/world ... d-far.html
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Caliphate Commandos Do What Mohammed Did....

Post by monster_gardener »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Thank You Very Much for your post, Nonc Hilaire.
Jihadis are violent anarchists
They are violent but they are NOT anarchists because they do have a Law :idea: : the EVIL legal entity called Islamic Law or Sharia.... Violent but quite lawful in its own very evil way....
They refuse to acknowledge any accepted Muslim political or theological authority.
Not so.... They do Islamic Law :evil:

They support themselves as mercenaries, and use the cash flow to secure allegiances which they hope to parlay into a more permanent power structure under their control.
So what?

Seems to me that they are behaving pretty much the way Mohammed, his evil Companions and their merry but evil band of freebooting pirates on land and sea behaved at the beginning of the meme cancer called Islam....

Looks like they are asking their vile selves what would Mohammed Do (WWMD) and they are doing it....

The same sort of evil crap that Big Mo ;) :twisted: :evil: and his Band of Evil Buddies did..... :evil: :roll:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Mr. Perfect

Re: How long before Iraq falls to Al Qaeda?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like Iraq fell to Al Qaeda.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Looks like Iraq fell to Al Qaeda.
How could this have happened? We followed Sarah Palin's 3-point plan to a tee: we charged in, struck hard, and got out.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
How could this have happened? We followed Sarah Palin's 3-point plan to a tee: we charged in, struck hard, and got out.
No we didn't. And at least SP has a plan with at least 3 points.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
No we didn't. And at least SP has a plan with at least 3 points.
1. Drink.
2. Brawl.
3. Publish an op-ed on Faux.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heads and shoulders above obama. When you get smoked by Sarah Palin, how do you come back from that.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Heads and shoulders above obama. When you get smoked by Sarah Palin, how do you come back from that.
Yeah, it would be really embarrassing to be smoked by Palin. Good thing that's only been realized in your imagination.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Palin is not president Obama is. So go ask him that question next election.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Heads and shoulders above obama. When you get smoked by Sarah Palin, how do you come back from that.
Yeah, it would be really embarrassing to be smoked by Palin. Good thing that's only been realized in your imagination.
Well, in reality the GOP, of whom Palin is a member, is preferred for dealing with terrorism than Democrats by record numbers, and as a Republican I can say most people in the party agree with Palin. We learned the lessons from Bush, send in a large enough force, beat the bad guys and get out quickly. Oddly you are following the exact course of the man you hate, George Bush, but are going to do worse than he did. We can call you a Bushie now. Enjoy killing all of those brown children.

The smoking will come in a few months. November to be exact.