Our number one danger are white anti-government folks

This too shall pass.
noddy

Our number one danger are white anti-government folks

Post by noddy »

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... ing-threat
A NSW Police report has identified anti-government extremists referred to as "sovereign citizens" as a growing cohort and a potential terror threat.

As many as 300 so-called sovereign citizens have been identified in NSW with police records showing the number having nearly tripled between 2009 and 2012.

The NSW Counter Terrorism and Special Tactics command assessment suggests some of those identified have "the motivation and capability to act against government interests and should be considered a potential terrorist threat", according to the ABC.

Interactions with police had increased 50 per cent in 2011, with a "notable increase in threats of violence", the ABC reported.

In the US, sovereign citizens are regarded as the chief domestic terrorism threat, while the Federal Bureau of Investigation official describes the cohort as domestic terrorists.

The report comes amid ongoing debate over the threat from Islamic extremists and terrorist groups such as Islamic State.

Professor John Esposito, the founding director of the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University in the US, said anti-government people and the likes of white supremacists represented a greater risk than Islamic extremists.

"Most Americans don't even realise that the latest FBI reports basically indicate that our number one danger are white anti-government folks," he told AAP on Monday.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: our number one danger are white anti-government folks

Post by Simple Minded »

Never trust white people OR anyone over 30.

That's my motto(es)!
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Our number one danger are white anti-government folks

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The sovereign citizen stuff in the US is not racial. It's people with the idea that the constitution and laws have all been subverted and the government is an illegal usurpation of some sort. They may well be mostly white, but that is incidental.

I don't know how that translates in NSW, but I would expect for them to think the British royals have given Australia some sort of sham independence.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

im not sure what the british have to do with this, mayhaps its an america cultural cliche thing.

the article states this is american sourced advice - "In the US, sovereign citizens are regarded as the chief domestic terrorism threat, while the Federal Bureau of Investigation official describes the cohort as domestic terrorists."
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Re: our number one danger are white anti-government folks

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:Never trust white people OR anyone over 30.

That's my motto(es)!
yeh, they have this white entitlement (tm) thing that lets em think they are free and in charge of their own lives.

dangerous stuff that, best to stamp it out good n hard, it creates nazis and slavery.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

A NSW Police report has identified anti-government extremists referred to as "sovereign citizens" as a growing cohort and a potential terror threat.
Aren't these those people who believe that a couple of tassels added to a flag imply a change of country or something?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote:
Aren't these those people who believe that a couple of tassels added to a flag imply a change of country or something?
all sorts of opinions with varying levels of sillyness, they seem to be outlawing being a grumpy ole coot.

the fact our governments are putting them at number one on the terror list says something about our governments and the state of our society.

at your next family gathering look out for the xenophobic ranting uncle, apparently he is now considered explodey.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

Whether he's explodey or not depends on what he had to eat. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy,

Reminds me of the bumper sticker. LIBERTARIANS: SECRETLY PLANNING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND LEAVE EVERYONE ALONE.

IMSMO, this just seems to be the logical result of the change in zeitgeist, which, IIRC happened about 25 years ago where "group identity" became the reason for everything. Hundreds of US/THEM groups means there are a lot of groups to watch.

or the result of tech/social media, now that everyone can live their lives broadcasting from their soapbox, it only appears there are more nut jobs than previously. More transmitters, fewer filters.

Old farts think some individuals are nuts, younguns fear organized groups of crazies since they have been plugged in prior to learning about pubic hair.

You need protection? "Have no fear, my precious little Special Snowflake, I'll create a special safe space for you!"
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

also the contradiction in their logic i mentioned in the other thread about having to import muslims but then be a police state because of explodey muslims.

i think they are trying to half arsed double twist their way out of that by saying we need a police state because of grumpy old libertarians aswell, those buggers sometimes dont pay their speeding tickets and make fools of themselves at bbq's

shock, horror!

its the perfect cynical ploy, exploit white xenophobes fear of darkies, exploit darky xenophobes fear of whitey.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:also the contradiction in their logic i mentioned in the other thread about having to import muslims but then be a police state because of explodey muslims.

i think they are trying to half arsed double twist their way out of that by saying we need a police state because of grumpy old libertarians aswell, those buggers sometimes dont pay their speeding tickets and make fools of themselves at bbq's

shock, horror!

its the perfect cynical ploy, exploit white xenophobes fear of darkies, exploit darky xenophobes fear of whitey.
mix well in these proportions,

too many cooks,

And after decades of Hollywood movies, and MSM constantly running news clips of how Merika is Hell on Earth full of crazy gun toting, racist, sexist, hateful nutjobs.....

we still have an immigration problem. Obviously, the only people who want to come here must be from some seriously f**ked up places. We must be nuts to let anyone in. :P

Like the old joke, "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I don't know how that translates in NSW, but I would expect for them to think the British royals have given Australia some sort of sham independence.
i finally grokked this - took a while, my brain must be getting mushy.

the british angle only makes sense to americans and the pride of place you put on allegedly breaking free from the anglosphere (buahahahha, orly!) so it threw me off, i think its hard to explain just how little the commonwealth means to us in modern australia - you lot probably actually have more influence.

nothing that complicated here, the sovereign types are pretty similar to the merkin version, three layers of government all taking its tithe and very little in their day to day lives to show for it, lots of changes coming thick and fast imposed on them and they are powerless about it.

several variations on exactly why they feel so disenfranchised from the system, varying from lizard jewhs through immigration and then the more mundane every day corruption via feature creeping.
Last edited by noddy on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
the british angle only makes sense to americans and the pride of place you put on allegedly breaking free from the anglosphere (buahahahha, orly!) so it threw me off, i think its hard to explain just how little the commonwealth means to us in modern australia - you lot probably actually have more influence.
really, has any Striner asked the Queen for a birth certificate yet..... :P
noddy wrote: nothing that complicated here, the sovereign types are pretty similar to the merkin version, three layers of government all taking its tithe and very little in their day to day lives to show for it, lots of changes coming thick and fast imposed on them and they are powerless about it.

several variations on exactly why they feel so disenfranchised from the system, varying from lizard jewhs trough immigration and then the more mundane every day corruption via feature creeping.
that's the beauty of freedom, no one can tell any of us why/how we are oppressed, or that we are not really oppressed. It's a personal choice.... ;)