Occupy the Globe

This too shall pass.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Occupy the Globe

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Thanks MG, but no, that is not a citation of legal text that would establish that the legal standard for justification of lethal force is a certainty of belief that one's life is in danger. That is not in the law. But, Ibrahim seems to think it is so I'm really looking forward to hearing how he digs that out.

True, juries can often acquit or convict in error, but I don't think that is what he was talking about.
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Post by Enki »

Carbizene wrote:If I was in the UZ I would be pretty keen on curtailing gun calibre/magazine coz y'all gonna end up using them on each other sometime soon.
That would be a good way to make sure the Civil War starts immediately, rather than living with the potential for one.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Enki wrote:
Carbizene wrote:If I was in the UZ I would be pretty keen on curtailing gun calibre/magazine coz y'all gonna end up using them on each other sometime soon.
That would be a good way to make sure the Civil War starts immediately, rather than living with the potential for one.

The expression we are looking for here is, " Cat in a room full of rocking chairs".
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Ibrahim wrote: I agree. But as I understand the Florida law, if the Zimmerman team can convince the jury that he was certain his life was in danger then using his firearm is justified.
Ibrahim, I wonder if you would be able to cite the state code, the text, that gives you this impression.
No takers on this then? No way to back up that impression?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... /0776.html
So Ibrahim, I guess you have capitulated completely on this point? Complete capitulation?
Censorship isn't necessary
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Anti-Wall-Street-demonstration-inTehran-Iran_2.jpg
Anti-Wall-Street-demonstration-inTehran-Iran_2.jpg (46.94 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Khamenei noted that the U.S. government will not be able to eliminate this movement’s roots and that the realities of the capitalist system should be a lesson for those following the Western capitalist system. He even went on to say, “The roots of this movement will grow in such a way that will knock the U.S. and Western capitalist system to the ground. … The people of the United States are protesting the rule of the 1 percent minority over the 99 percent majority who have spent the money and taxes paid by the people of the United States on waging wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and supporting the Zionist regime.”

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Enki wrote:

The expression we are looking for here is, " Cat in a room full of rocking chairs".

I'd be more concerned about the eventual domestic implementation of armed drones.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Professor Bill Ayers on Occupy

FG4sAfF9uoI

Enki

Post by Enki »

The US has already been destroyed, just most people don't realize it yet.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Enki wrote:.

The US has already been destroyed, just most people don't realize it yet.

honestly and sincerely hope not

but

you have a valid case

did you watch the clip ? .. he talking about OWS