Spengler Discovers Dangerous Circumcision

This too shall pass.
Sparky

Re: Spengler Discovers Dangerous Circumcision

Post by Sparky »

Ahh, the battle of the Roundheads and the Cavaliers.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Sparky wrote:Ahh, the battle of the Roundheads and the Cavaliers.
And this time, us Cavaliers will be victorious!

:D
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

New Model Army vs. Rupert....

Post by monster_gardener »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Sparky wrote:Ahh, the battle of the Roundheads and the Cavaliers.
And this time, us Cavaliers will be victorious!

:D
Thank you Very Much for Your Post, Nap.

Maybe... Maybe Not...

Depends on the New Model Army.............
A giant has brought war to the fields and towns of England's heartland. When the British army brings in air support and deploys heavy weapons he simply melts away, only to form again somewhere else and deliver another devastating blow. He is called Pantegrel, and he is a New Model Army—a giant whose thoughts flow through countless wireless connections, whose intelligence comes from the internet and real-time camera updates, whose mind is made up of thousands of minds, each deciding what he will choose to do. He has chosen the joy of the fight, and his fury is truly democratic—he is me and you. This is a terrifying vision of a near future war as new technologies allow the world's first truly democratic army to wrest control from the powers that be. Taking advances in modern communication and the new eagerness for power from the bottom upwards,

http://www.amazon.com/New-Model-Army-Ad ... model+army

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Model_Army

And maybe how bearish ;) Prince Rupert gets when he is not doing mezzotints.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Bear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Rup ... in_Germany
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:Next question: should parents be allowed to "circumcise" the vulnerable and spongy minds of their children with religious dogma? A foreskin that ends up in the trashbin may be a disgusting sight...but a penis without foreskin seems less of a discomfort for a man than having his mind being irrevocably programmed into a life that is as hard to remove or even change as is your mother tongue. You can emigrate to a place where you speak a different language every day and convert to secularism or to another variation on the same theme... but your mothers grammar with be with you all life long.
:lol: I can imagine the results on education of one's children if this prohibition was applied.

Child: Daddy, what was there before the world ? And when somebody dies, what happens to him?
The Embarrassed Dad: Hmmm... Errr... These are things not yet of your age... I will explain when you grow up
Child: And why you and Mommy go outside of home every Sunday morning leaving me with a babysitter?
T.E.D.: Hmmm... Errr... Again, I will explain when you're adult
Child: And was I put inside Mommy's belly?
T.E.D: (more of the same)

Would lead to interesting elaborations among children... For example: parents disappear on Sunday mornings in order to put children into bellies of Mommies!
:P :lol:
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

AzariLoveIran wrote:Jews or Muslims insisting on Circumcision their son are forcing on the child Islam or Judaism

what about if the boy does not want 2B Muslim or Jew ? ?

many, new generations, would like to make their own choice
Voltaire was educated by the Jesuits. I don't think it diminished his ability to become a fierce critic of Catholicism, and of all religions.

It's part of the core of human rights to have the right to choose what religion / philosophy / or absence thereof one adheres to.
That right is not diminished by education into a religion as a child.

Nor, incidentally, does it extend in any way to a "right" to give up one's parents.
"I was raised in X religion, I converted to Y religion" is a perfectly admissible position, respectuous both of one's parents and of one's right (and duty) to define one's beliefs in the matter.

what does it say about a religion when Circumcision would be the heart & soul of that religion, instead of being good human being and things of that sort.
You are fully in line with Saint Paul, e.g. Galates 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
However, that belief does not confer any right to deny other people the right to practice other religions.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

"You are doing a procedure on someone who cannot make a decision for himself - it's a difficult choice for both parents and physicians," says Dr Marvin Wang, co-director of the Newborn Nurseries at Massachusetts General Hospital, who has conducted hundreds of circumcisions.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19072761

I wonder if he does it for the tips?
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

7 pages so far of serious committed discussion on foreskins, one is amazed and has to laugh....

How do you make a magic purse which expands into a suitcase?

Just take the discarded remnants from these operations, sew them together, and rub...
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Torchwood wrote:7 pages so far of serious committed discussion on foreskins, one is amazed and has to laugh....
What hits closer to home? This is the original "from my cold dead hands" subject.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:7 pages so far of serious committed discussion on foreskins, one is amazed and has to laugh....

Just take the discarded remnants from these operations, sew them together, and rub...
Two five year old boys are standing at the potty to pee.

When one says, "Your thing doesn't have any skin on it!"

"I've been circumcised." says the second boy.

"What does that mean?"

"It means they cut the skin off the end."

"How old were you when it was cut off?"

"My mom said that I was two days old."

"Did it hurt?"

"You bet it hurt, I couldn't walk for a year!"
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Don't know why they are outraged. Seems like parental consent is pretty easy to come by if they are holding a bris.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Enki wrote:
Don't know why they are outraged. Seems like parental consent is pretty easy to come by if they are holding a bris.
I assumed parental consent was a given. Can you even baptize a child without the consent of their parents? How much less so this traditional method of circumcision.
Enki

Post by Enki »

To me sucking the blood out of the tip of an infant's dick after you sliced it off would be pretty much the worst sort of pedophilia, they should be happy all they need is a permission slip.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:

Two five year old boys are standing at the potty to pee.

When one says, "Your thing doesn't have any skin on it!"

"I've been circumcised." says the second boy.

"What does that mean?"

"It means they cut the skin off the end."

"How old were you when it was cut off?"

"My mom said that I was two days old."

"Did it hurt?"

"You bet it hurt, I couldn't walk for a year!"
LoL
Deep down I'm very superficial
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

A few parents worried their children are getting, wut....... mohel-ested???.... oh, that didn't help....˙–'...........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:mohel-ested???....
That works on so many levels it's mind boggling.
Been busy doing stuff
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

In August, about 200 Orthodox rabbis issued a decree accusing the department of spreading “lies and misinformation.”

“We are decreeing that according to our opinion, it is forbidden according to the Torah to participate in the evil plans of the NYC Health Dept. in any form,” their statement said, according to a translation published by Yeshiva World News.
Oh, the hubriss.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Enki wrote:
"Outrage" is good for business. It is great for fundraising and can be used as a get out of jail free card.
cultivate a white rose