World's first anticybernetic hate crime

This too shall pass.
Enki

World's first anticybernetic hate crime

Post by Enki »

Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Re: World's first anticybernetic hate crime

Post by Typhoon »

Aside from the over-the-top response of the fils de Dòmhnall staff, I have to wonder if the guy wears his augmented reality headgear to bed?

Could he show his kids videos of how they were conceived?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

The single most momentous historical event of the last week and no one cares. ;)
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
YMix

Post by YMix »

Frankly, no, I don't care at all. I feel sorry for the guy and I can't understand why they attacked him like that, but I don't really care. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Enki

Post by Enki »

YMix wrote:Frankly, no, I don't care at all. I feel sorry for the guy and I can't understand why they attacked him like that, but I don't really care. :)
Well, I think its a precursor to a lot of violence in the world. It isn't just this guy being attacked. It's this sort of visceral revulsion to the idea of cybernetic implants that is going to be one of the next great social rifts.

This sort of thing has been one of the biggest prediction in science fiction, that regular human beings will be hostile to the next evolutionary phase of human development.

Violent luddism.
-Alexander Hamilton
Milo

Post by Milo »

Enki wrote:
YMix wrote:Frankly, no, I don't care at all. I feel sorry for the guy and I can't understand why they attacked him like that, but I don't really care. :)
Well, I think its a precursor to a lot of violence in the world. It isn't just this guy being attacked. It's this sort of visceral revulsion to the idea of cybernetic implants that is going to be one of the next great social rifts.

This sort of thing has been one of the biggest prediction in science fiction, that regular human beings will be hostile to the next evolutionary phase of human development.

Violent luddism.
Take it back 2 generations and they would have found such a lack of violence eerie.

There's always backlash, even against the most sensible things.

Maybe, maybe an increase in personal violence will be a reaction, but I doubt anything historically unprecedented. And I'll take that over the near impossibility of state violence presently.