Quantum weirdness

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.

Re: Quantum weirdness

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:14 am

Simple Minded wrote:I think Michio Kaku may be one of the current rock stars. Whether he is full of it or not, I have no clue.

Michio Kaku is the man!

He's got the look, he's got the talent, he does all the interviews!

Does he do any science; does he specialize in anything? Who cares!

When he was the go-to pop science guy, he was everywhere; I have no clue how he had time to sit on the cutting edge.

Then Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye honed in on his pop science turf. And like hound dogs, they are everywhere these days. You don't see Michio Kaku out there all that much.

But they are pretenders to the throne. I like think somewhere out there, the king is in a laboratory preparing his comeback, to take his rightful place as "confirmed popular science guy", one atom at a time. :D

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Simple Minded » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:I think Michio Kaku may be one of the current rock stars. Whether he is full of it or not, I have no clue.

Michio Kaku is the man!

He's got the look, he's got the talent, he does all the interviews!

Does he do any science; does he specialize in anything? Who cares!

When he was the go-to pop science guy, he was everywhere; I have no clue how he had time to sit on the cutting edge.

Then Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye honed in on his pop science turf. And like hound dogs, they are everywhere these days. You don't see Michio Kaku out there all that much.

But they are pretenders to the throne. I like think somewhere out there, the king is in a laboratory preparing his comeback, to take his rightful place as "confirmed popular science guy", one atom at a time. :D

Self-loathing, self-righteous, selfless, altruistic, regressive, progressive Physicists are an oppressed minority! ;)

Hopefully, somewhere over the rainbow, in an alt-universe, they are more appreciated.

I hear Typhoon is warming up in the batter's box, ready to become your king. As soon as he can get an appointment with Trump's hairstylist. But, are you worthy?
to refrain from imitation is the best revenge
Simple Minded

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:04 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quantum-enta ... 25646.html

Quantum entanglement: New research discovers potential problem with quantum computing development

Scientists have discovered a new mechanism in quantum mechanics that challenges existing knowledge about the point at which entangled light particles originate from.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx
Doc

Postby Parodite » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Another quantum spindoctor making claims he can't support with evidence and just self-contracts everything he is saying. At least in the MMGW community of scientists one can expect a number of them willfully lie to preserve their own career, here it seems people are deluded and delude honestly not being aware of it.
Outside, away from the noise, grows a flower.
Parodite

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Just be glad there is no cryptocoin ico based on a quantum blockchain.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Typhoon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 am

Speaking of weird.

Minnesota Review | Assembled Bodies; Reconfiguring Quantum Identities

If this is not an obvious spoof, then words fail me.
All the world's a stage.
Typhoon

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 am

New Real Peer Review doesn't think so.....<<........

Also...... the 'queer effect' has been discovered to affect mass and volume...'>.......
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Postby Typhoon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:21 am

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:New Real Peer Review doesn't think so.....<<........

Then words do fail me.

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Also...... the 'queer effect' has been discovered to affect mass and volume...'>.......

I read and reread the abstract three times and I still have no clue as to what it is trying to say.
All the world's a stage.
Typhoon

Postby Parodite » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Just be glad there is no cryptocoin ico based on a quantum blockchain.

These blockchains would suffer infinite regress. Always hard to know where to start and where to end in an all-entangled quantum world while randomness shakes the bucket continuously. Jabberwalkie chains.
Parodite

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 pm

A certain primitive mind is attracted to icons and signifiers of magical powers, and that's why SJW's tend to gravitate to the powers suggested in terms like 'intersectionality' and 'quantum'. Building chants and rituals around words like these keeps the demons of reason at bay.....;).........
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Postby Typhoon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:A certain primitive mind is attracted to icons and signifiers of magical powers, and that's why SJW's tend to gravitate to the powers suggested in terms like 'intersectionality' and 'quantum'. Building chants and rituals around words like these keeps the demons of reason at bay.....;).........

This is so well written that I'm going to use it as some point. With your permission.
All the world's a stage.
Typhoon

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:52 am

Absolutely..... with my regards....^^........
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Postby Simple Minded » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Typhoon wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:A certain primitive mind is attracted to icons and signifiers of magical powers, and that's why SJW's tend to gravitate to the powers suggested in terms like 'intersectionality' and 'quantum'. Building chants and rituals around words like these keeps the demons of reason at bay.....;).........

This is so well written that I'm going to use it as some point. With your permission.

Seconded.

Perhaps our mod could create a "Hall of Fame" thread for outstanding posts.

Inclusion requires nomination and being seconded and thirded.....
Simple Minded

Double Dick - Sex in the quantum world

Postby Parodite » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 am

Well, words do serve a purpose.. so beware. And look who does the talking. To be in a "superposition" is a first warning. It smells hierarchy, patriarchy. Then, to be "in two places at the same time" would normally ring the alarm bells. A guy claiming to be home with his wife but at the time being in the house of his female neighbor ready to have sex with her. He could be with his wife or his neighbor.. ready to have sex. But since no one is watching yet, doing a measurement that will show him either having sex with his wife or his neighbor... it is better to assume he is having sex with both of them at the same time. That cloud of superposition where he has sex with two women at the same time in two different places.. is just a man's dream. Only thing that matters is the chance of being caught; doing it with your wife or neighbor respectively. QM will give you the calc.

Unfortunately of course superposition means no-sex, at least as of yet. A cloud of potential sex. But guys, never giving up on the other women around, now have found a solution to this torture of mere potential sex: screw your wife, but use spooky sex at a distance to screw the other woman anyways. That no sex is possible with faster than light speeds.. don't worry about it. In case of an emergency just assume having two dicks at the same time! Thusly Double Dick was born.

As Typhoon already mentioned... there is a caveat and problem; decoherence. Being in a state of potential sex is the coherent state. No sex, the pious meditative state, being pure with not even your own hand starting the process of decoherence.. is VERY fragile. The Universe seems rather brutal about it. It uses its every power to deny the pure state to exist; only its own death might give you that. And the sea was no more.

Rule number one: don't try not to have sex! Superpositions where you have no sex at all (or with everybody at the same time depending on personal preference)..is death, what is-not. Everything that tries to be pure and holy will decohere... violently. Crucifixion.
Parodite

Re: Double Dick - Sex in the quantum world

Postby Simple Minded » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Parodite wrote:

Well, words do serve a purpose.. so beware. And look who does the talking. To be in a "superposition" is a first warning. It smells hierarchy, patriarchy. Then, to be "in two places at the same time" would normally ring the alarm bells. A guy claiming to be home with his wife but at the time being in the house of his female neighbor ready to have sex with her. He could be with his wife or his neighbor.. ready to have sex. But since no one is watching yet, doing a measurement that will show him either having sex with his wife or his neighbor... it is better to assume he is having sex with both of them at the same time. That cloud of superposition where he has sex with two women at the same time in two different places.. is just a man's dream. Only thing that matters is the chance of being caught; doing it with your wife or neighbor respectively. QM will give you the calc.

Unfortunately of course superposition means no-sex, at least as of yet. A cloud of potential sex. But guys, never giving up on the other women around, now have found a solution to this torture of mere potential sex: screw your wife, but use spooky sex at a distance to screw the other woman anyways. That no sex is possible with faster than light speeds.. don't worry about it. In case of an emergency just assume having two dicks at the same time! Thusly Double Dick was born.

As Typhoon already mentioned... there is a caveat and problem; decoherence. Being in a state of potential sex is the coherent state. No sex, the pious meditative state, being pure with not even your own hand starting the process of decoherence.. is VERY fragile. The Universe seems rather brutal about it. It uses its every power to deny the pure state to exist; only its own death might give you that. And the sea was no more.

Rule number one: don't try not to have sex! Superpositions where you have no sex at all (or with everybody at the same time depending on personal preference)..is death, what is-not. Everything that tries to be pure and holy will decohere... violently. Crucifixion.

Marxism solves all these psychological dilemma's, including INcoherance.

One woman, two, three, men, farms animals, interplanetary sex...... it's all just electrons and synapses....

Possible even if you have never even opened a Physics book..... Epiphany?
Simple Minded

Re: Double Dick - Sex in the quantum world

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Brilliant, Dr Parodite. So lucid that my comprehensive probability stats are over median and can feel my self awareness red shifting into male dominance escape velocity. Now whether the bi stable state of my insecurity and neuroticism can reach resonant oscillation frequency before the decay rate of my self esteem falls below that necessary to establish critical mass needed to initiate social change effect - and to induce cavitation into the patriarchal static field....... and the glass ceiling.....'>.......
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Previous

Return to Science + Technology