Rise of the Robots | Machine Learning

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Enki

Re: Rise of the Robots

Post by Enki »

Typhoon wrote:
Enki wrote:
Ammianus wrote: Well, if, and if, that is the case. Then I am afraid your current paradigm of decentralized, liberalterian governance will prove to be rather..........inadequate, at best

Just saying it out there
Decentralized, Liberaltarian governance is the default state absent a centrally planned economy. When the banksters finally destroy their system, that's what we'll be left with.
Somalia. Can't wait . . .
If you want to avoid that call up Goldman Sachs and tell them to stop their robots from destroying pensions for quarterly profits.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

6b4ZZQkcNEo
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

8Y3ZVVBIJ9g

6P9N2z1ABCk
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

" Holy lavender, Mr Sprocket, did you get that on security camera? That frickin' thing started sexually harassing me and then gave me some Skynet overlord cartoon. I was in reasonable fear for my life; of course I shot the thing. Twenty- seven times? Because I only had one spare mag...".
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Until now, after all, we’ve talked only to one another. What if we begin talking to all sorts of machines, too — and, like Siri, those machines respond as if they were human?

now the race is on to make the voice the sought-after new interface between us and our technology. The results could rival innovations like the computer mouse and the graphic icon and, some experts say, eventually pose challenges for giants like Google by bypassing their traditional search engines.

No player is bigger in voice technology than Nuance, of Burlington, Mass., an industry pioneer that has acquired more than 40 companies in the field and today employs 7,300 people. It is one of the companies that helped make a big technological leap from programs that take dictation to systems that actually extract meaning from words and respond to them. Now it wants to push far beyond that.

“They are the equivalent of Microsoft, Google or Amazon in a very niche technological space,” says Andrew Rosenberg, an assistant professor of computer science at Queens College.

Enki

Post by Enki »

It's no coincidence that the author of 'The Singularity is Near' made his millions in text to speech.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Antipatros

Post by Antipatros »

Neil Savage, Soft Robots for Hard Problems

Squishy robots may move and manipulate objects in new ways

http://spectrum.ieee.org/robotics/robot ... d-problems
The word robot calls to mind images of C-3PO or the Terminator. But robots don’t necessarily need to be gleamingly metallic and hard-edged; some might even be downright squishy. That at least is the vision of some robotics researchers, including Carmel Majidi, assistant professor of mechanical engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, in Pittsburgh, and head of the school’s Soft Machines Lab.

“Nature is just full of examples of functionality without any rigid parts,” Majidi said during the American Physical Society’s March meeting in Boston. Think of an octopus squeezing through a tight opening or a Venus flytrap snapping shut on an unwitting insect....
Erico Guizzo, Printable Robots

MIT Project Wants to Let You Design and Fabricate Your Own Machines

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robo ... it-project
Who knew that origami could be the future of robotics?

Today, if you want to design and build your own robot, you have to order components, write software, and then assemble and test your creation. Of course, the more sophisticated your robot gets, the more time and money you have to spend on it.

Now imagine if you could use a computer program to specify the overall capabilities and appearance of your robot and, with the push of a button, have the robot fabricated by a special printer right in your living room. That's a futuristic scenario that a new MIT project wants to turn into reality....
Be not too curious of Good and Evil;
Seek not to count the future waves of Time;
But be ye satisfied that you have light
Enough to take your step and find your foothold.

--T.S. Eliot
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Demon of Undoing

If they can perfect this technology, it could save me an hour a day.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

eNZS15ItYnk
Been busy doing stuff
Demon of Undoing

" They came at us in the same old way, and we beat them, you know, in the same old way".

Wellington, of Waterloo.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Robot prostitutes :)

Girls working in brothels might soon lose their jobs to… robots! New research suggests that replacing human prostitutes with sex androids may not be so far in the future.

A study published in Futures magazine by Michelle Mars and Ian Yeoman from Victoria University, New Zealand, says lifelike “robostitutes” could replace humans by 2050. And the authors believe the tech upgrade would do the sex industry some good.

“High-quality alternatives where robots are indistinguishable from humans” would help “cut down the profitability of human exploitation," the Week quotes.

A closer look does indeed seem to point at several advantages. Fewer dangerous diseases will spread throughout societies, and human trafficking will drop. Robot prostitutes will be tireless – and won’t get offended by bizarre requests or body odor.

The hi-tech titillaters would have “human-like skin" made with "bacteria-resistant fiber that could be flushed for human fluids between uses."

Arousing androids are not entirely a thing of the future though. In 2010, a sex-doll believed to be the first of its kind showed off its charms at an adult entertainment expo in Las Vegas. According to MSNBC.com, the cutting-edge pleasure-provider cost between $7,000 and $9,000, and could be programmed with different personalities.

wonder how much services will cost

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

One door down from Squirrel Testicles.com. Troubled, indeed......'>........

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Enki

Post by Enki »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

Robot prostitutes :)

Girls working in brothels might soon lose their jobs to… robots! New research suggests that replacing human prostitutes with sex androids may not be so far in the future.

A study published in Futures magazine by Michelle Mars and Ian Yeoman from Victoria University, New Zealand, says lifelike “robostitutes” could replace humans by 2050. And the authors believe the tech upgrade would do the sex industry some good.

“High-quality alternatives where robots are indistinguishable from humans” would help “cut down the profitability of human exploitation," the Week quotes.

A closer look does indeed seem to point at several advantages. Fewer dangerous diseases will spread throughout societies, and human trafficking will drop. Robot prostitutes will be tireless – and won’t get offended by bizarre requests or body odor.

The hi-tech titillaters would have “human-like skin" made with "bacteria-resistant fiber that could be flushed for human fluids between uses."

Arousing androids are not entirely a thing of the future though. In 2010, a sex-doll believed to be the first of its kind showed off its charms at an adult entertainment expo in Las Vegas. According to MSNBC.com, the cutting-edge pleasure-provider cost between $7,000 and $9,000, and could be programmed with different personalities.

wonder how much services will cost

Ha, then human beings will starve to death. We are going to become Eloi just so we can avoid 'exploitation'.
-Alexander Hamilton
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Robot prostitutes . . . won’t get offended by bizarre requests . . ..
As if sex with robots isn't bizarre enough. The only more bizarre request I can think of is genuflecting a cactus.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

am sure, the Robot can be customized to clients wish

the right bum , the right tit , long or short legs , blond and redhead, Japanese or African

one could order a specific Robot for the next visit

all the Bordello has to do is have the right "3D printer" and digitized data of, say, Marilyn Monroe

Down the road, one could order Robot Marilyn Monroe, and take it home (or delivered)

even better

have a new Robot delivered every month

and

if she can cook,

who needs the real one ? :)

if so,

no more free lunch (called fifty-fifty)

woman must work for a living

Feminist are fucked, go figure

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

AzariLoveIran wrote:Down the road, one could order Robot Marilyn Monroe, and take it home (or delivered)
Nah, if I go down that road in future I'm ordering Robot Godzilla and letting my freak flag fly.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Between test tube babies (females, naturally, with no Y chromosome) and robo-chef sex slaves, it sounds like both genders are equally fucked, Azari.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Robot prostitutes . . . won’t get offended by bizarre requests . . ..
As if sex with robots isn't bizarre enough. The only more bizarre request I can think of is genuflecting a cactus.
A

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

am sure, the Robot can be customized to clients wish

the right bum , the right tit , long or short legs , blond and redhead, Japanese or African

one could order a specific Robot for the next visit

all the Bordello has to do is have the right "3D printer" and digitized data of, say, Marilyn Monroe

Down the road, one could order Robot Marilyn Monroe, and take it home (or delivered)

even better

have a new Robot delivered every month

and

if she can cook,

who needs the real one ? :)

if so,

no more free lunch (called fifty-fifty)

woman must work for a living

Feminist are fucked, go figure

6_0y_BGIZSU
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:Down the road, one could order Robot Marilyn Monroe, and take it home (or delivered)
Nah, if I go down that road in future I'm ordering Robot Godzilla and letting my freak flag fly.
Play that funky music White Boy!!!

Just in case this develops into a significant voting block..... let the record show that I have always been a strong advocate of sex between humans and reptilians that walk upright......

And I'm totally against profiling.....
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

-G3RoBHMu-o
Been busy doing stuff
Milo

Post by Milo »

Drones for all!

SNPJMk2fgJU
AzariLoveIran