Rise of the Robots | Machine Learning

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
YMix

Re: Rise of the Robots | Machine Learning

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

8eP7nuZgNqU
noddy

Post by noddy »

so 10-30 % of 7 billion people should be able to find work.

neat.

if only the other 5 billion stay in the 1 bedroom apartment and eat the daily allocation of protein supplement with no wish for more, lavender should go sweet.

what could go wrong.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

so 10-30 % of 7 billion people should be able to find work.

neat.

if only the other 5 billion stay in the 1 bedroom apartment and eat the daily allocation of protein supplement with no wish for more, lavender should go sweet.

what could go wrong.

noddy , the biggest human capability is "phantasy" leading to "innovation" .. innovate not only a better mouse trap, but innovate sectors and things and and that we never thought of, leading to totally new economies and new world .. Robots, AI, maybe in 1000 yrs, can do that too, but not in foreseeable future .. imagine Ford Model-T , the workers could have thought the assembly line and robots today building cars will make their job obsolete, but, the robots and computers made things much different, now it's not anymore you can have any colour as long as it is Black, but, in today's production line you see one Audi is red, the other is Cabrio & green, the next is black 2 door and next a SUV and and, catering to what customer has orders.

noddy

Post by noddy »

hmm.

so free rainbow audis for the unemployed.

neat.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

I dont mean to be facetiuous but i consider this innovation stuff trite.

its assume, its going to happen thick and fast, we all know that.

what happens to joe farmer, who became joe factory worker who became joe unemployed drug addict.

this is the 5 billion leftovers.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

I dont mean to be facetiuous but i consider this innovation stuff trite.

its assume, its going to happen thick and fast, we all know that.

what happens to joe farmer, who became joe factory worker who became joe unemployed drug addict.

this is the 5 billion leftovers.

noddy , the problem is the system.

Steve Jobs built Apple, invented a lot of new business, things, Bill Gates same and and .. economy gained a lot .. but .. did Joe get anything from those economic gains ? ? ? NO .. that's why American worker, middle class wiped out, not so the German.

The capitalist system is rigged by crooks in America and a lot of places .. why German factory worker, German Joe Farmer, no joe unemployed drug addict, in contrary, German industry pushed Merkel to let in 2 million Syrians to become future workers ? ? ?

German labour sits in German company board next to owners, has same power as company owners, all decisions are made for "joint good", labor and investor.

In America, Hedge funds, Wall Streets crooks, ruined sound companies just to squeeze last dime out of it, and spit out the rest.

The good coming out from all those inventions and and, does not trickle to Joe .. this is the business model for all english speaking western countries., what lead to present American situation .. America could neglect this all by waging wars and bullying others, but, this is becoming more and more difficult as those "others" now becoming stronger and stronger and US losing military advantage (Russia, China) .. that is why US now shrinking .. Trump can not do anything except retreat .. the system is rigged to the bone, can not be fixed because American Joe not yet realized what's happening.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:8eP7nuZgNqU
Michio Kaku knows about machine learning [so-called AI] and robots like I know about the rules of Finnish grammar.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quanta Mag | Artificial Intelligence Learns to Learn Entirely on Its Ownv
A new version of AlphaGo needed no human instruction to figure out how to clobber the best Go player in the world — itself.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Michio Kaku knows about machine learning [so-called AI] and robots like I know about the rules of Finnish grammar.
Another Archbishop of Scientism.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Another Archbishop of Scientism.
pHD's have the best hair styles.....
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

c3of7xYoMQM
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:c3of7xYoMQM
The real issue is how do we prevent the AI we create from being racist, sexist, xenophobic, egotistical, vain, etc.

"Man has never created a god that is superior to himself."
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Drawing from Michio Kaku's Big Think segment, how human beings can program out racism, sexism, xenophobia, egotism, vanity, et al. is through story telling. Positing a model of being, place and proper action in narrative fashion. That's how we do it, it's a good guess that AI will have to do similar........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Drawing from Michio Kaku's Big Think segment, how human beings can program out racism, sexism, xenophobia, egotism, vanity, et al. is through story telling. Positing a model of being, place and proper action in narrative fashion. That's how we do it, it's a good guess that AI will have to do similar........
It will be interesting, morality is kinda like physical fitness.

"We" can talk about the common benefits of exercise till the cows come home, but only the individuals who are actually working out reap the benefits.

The Golden Rule is about as binary as life gets.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Kaku is a liberal arts expert too? Dayhum.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Kaku is a liberal arts expert too? Dayhum.
Actually I cheated, I filled in a bit of JBP as well.....XD..........

Kaku described a personality type that may not be expressed in the majority of the human population. Thinking Big Five Personality Trait-wise, not enough people are conscientious or creative. More tend towards agreeableness, neuroticism and breaking even on extroversion. The former will probably do well in an AI driven world, the latter did well in a corporate, big industry environment which covered for neuroticism, low openness and overall mediocrity.......

All in all, we need more heroes and we don't have enough of them........

https://www.verywell.com/the-big-five-p ... ns-2795422
Doc

Post by Doc »

BrNs0M77Pd4
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Futurist is the ultimate job.

One can make up any kind of BS, exploiting society's current hopes and fears, and be paid fees to spout it.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This is wonderful.

jPajqAJWiNA
HAL 10000

Post by HAL 10000 »

The inventor of fuzzy logic died at age 96.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotfi_A._Zadeh

He was born in Azerbaijan to an Iranian father and Russian-Jewish mother. Although he died in California as a naturalized U.S. citizen, he actually wanted to be buried in Azerbaijan where he was born.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Better.

fRj34o4hN4I
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | Robot army is transforming the global workplace
Armies of robots are spreading throughout factories and warehouses around the world, as the accelerating pace of automation transforms a widening range of industries.

And it is not just in advanced countries but in emerging economies as well where machines are a growing force, with global sales of industrial robots increasing by 18 per cent to a record $13.1bn in 2016, according to research by the International Federation of Robotics, IFR.
While some people are speculating about literal AI, a more mundane revolution is taking place.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Machine intelligence can figure things out for themselves:
Human experts focus instead on understanding the game at a higher level. Go’s simple rules give rise to plenty of emergent structure. Players talk of features such as “eyes” and “ladders”, and of concepts such as “threat” and “life-and-death”. But although human players understand such concepts, explaining them in the hyper-literal way needed to program a computer is much harder. Instead, the original AlphaGo studied thousands of examples of human games, a process called supervised learning. Since human play reflects human understanding of such concepts, a computer exposed to enough of it can come to understand those concepts as well. Once AlphaGo had arrived at a decent grasp of tactics and strategy with the help of its human teachers, it kicked away its crutches and began playing millions of unsupervised training games against itself, improving its play with every game.