Meteorite risk | Space rock to pass near Earth . . .

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Dashcamera Meteor Captures vs. Bitchy Persian Police Dogs

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:.

Why are there sooooooooooooooooo many dashcams in Russia..........?

Because the police in Russia, ESPECIALLY the traffic cops, are corrupt and try to shakedown motorists for bribes........... :| :roll:

And the motorists are using dashcams to discourage this.......... :mrgreen:

Dashcams should be encouraged in America too .. Police in America not less corrupt AND lose cannon than Russia (argument could be made, in a sense worst) .. those clips showing Police beating King or using same rubber glove to check the buddyly cavities (anus and Vagina, with a single rubber glove, for the 2 ladies) of two ladies on Texas road (on excuse they hiding a joint, non was found) were not possible without Dashcams

Everybody should, for his/her own protection (from Police brutality) have Dashcams .. a cheap tool

and, Monster .. AFAIK, recording police (brutality) on patrol seems now illegal .. too many embarrassing episode for police, so, they passed a law making it illegal

now, Monster, laugh is for sure not on Russians being allowed to record police corruption, but in America outlawing it

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

And for the memory jog.....

Was intending to see about possibly getting a dashcam..........

So many interesting things happen on the road....

And given the numbers of meteors lately........ I might catch one too........ *

Don't think there is any problem with dash cams where I live but best to be sure to see.........

See if I may need to hire a "hired gun" ;) oops I mean lawyer if I want one......

Reminds me of the old controversy over "Fuzz Buster" radar detectors........

Used to be that it was legal to receive anything........ Only transmitting was controlled...........

FWIW, I still support that.........
Everybody should, for his/her own protection (from Police brutality) have Dashcams .. a cheap tool
You may be partially right but I am not so sure........

Imagine if dashcams were mandatory........ I think some companies do require them...... Did Hoosier Norm mention this..........

Dashcam data or lack thereof could be used against you...........

And police brutality is not the only sort ;) :lol: :roll: ...........

Regarding Rodney King........ Seems to not have been an especially bad sort.........

But IMVHO Chris Rock had the last word on what happened to him with "How Not to Get Your Ass Beat by the Police".......

Police Brutality & corruption does occur......

Have previously mentioned some examples on Oxygen Crime programs......

And not just here in Uz........ Or Russia.........

Recalling some Son of a Bitch ;) :twisted: Persian Police Dogs used by the Mule-Asses who run Iran to to put down demonstrations......

What was the name.......

Basenji ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basenji

Nope........ That's not it......

Got it!

Basij ......Basijis.........

No wonder I confused them with dogs.......... Apologies to the dogs.... ;) :twisted:

According to allegations received by the UNHCR "tens of thousands of Basijis had been ordered to prowl about every factory, office and school to ensure that everyone adhered to the Islamic code. [...] After the summer 1999 riots Basij units were revived, rearmed and sent out into the streets to help enforce Islamic law. The Basijis are reportedly under the control of local mosques. It was further said that the Basijis set up checkpoints around the cities and stopped cars to sniff their occupant's breath for alcohol and check for women wearing make-up or travelling with a man not their close relative or husband. It was reported that the Law of Judicial Support for the Basijis, published in the Official Gazette No. 13946 of 8.10.1371 (December 1992), provided no redress against arbitrary detention by the Basijis." Iran's permanent representative to the U.N. denied these charges.[32]
Amnesty International claims that "investigations by Parliament and the National Security Council indicated that actions by Revolutionary Guard officials and Basij (Mobilization) forces, among others, precipitated the unrest and injuries following the July 1999 students demonstrations".[33]
Human Rights Watch has reported that the Basij belong to the "Parallel institutions" (nahad-e movazi), "the quasi-official organs of repression that have become increasingly open in crushing student protests, detaining activists, writers, and journalists in secret prisons, and threatening pro-democracy speakers and audiences at public events." Under the control of the Office of the Supreme Leader these groups set up arbitrary checkpoints around Tehran, uniformed police often refraining from directly confronting these plainclothes agents. "Illegal prisons, which are outside of the oversight of the National Prisons Office, are sites where political prisoners are abused, intimidated, and tortured with impunity." [34]
On 13 November 2006, Tohid Ghaffarzadeh, a student at Islamic Azad University of Sabzevar was reportedly killed by a Basij member at the University while Ghaffarzadeh was talking to his girlfriend. The killer reportedly approached Ghaffarzadeh and stabbed him with a knife explaining that what he did was according to his religious beliefs.[35]
On 15 June 2009, reports linked the Basij militia to murder of civilians in Azadi Square, Tehran, during the 2009 Iranian election protests.[36][37] News agencies reported 7 dead and over 50 wounded.[38]
On 27 June 2009, Human Rights Watch said the Basij were raiding homes at night, destroying property, beating people, and confiscating satellite dishes. They said the raids were to stop anti-government chanting and to prevent people from watching foreign news broadcasts.[39]
During this same period, several Basij members have been filmed breaking into houses and shooting into crowds.[40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47]
During the 2009 election protests, the IRG and the Basij also attacked Universities and students' dorms at night,[48] and destroyed property.[49][5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basij#Huma ... troversies

* Can be valuable those meteors.......... Some people make a living hunting for them........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener

Russian Meteor as seen from Space

Thank you for maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix

Russian Meteor as seen from Space.........

http://www.space.com/19815-russia-meteo ... hotos.html
noddy

Re: Reason Russian Dashcams captured so many meteor images..

Post by noddy »

Because the police in Russia, ESPECIALLY the traffic cops, are corrupt and try to shakedown motorists for bribes........... :| :roll:

Dashcams should be encouraged in America too .. Police in America not less corrupt AND lose cannon than Russia (argument could be made, in a sense worst) .. those clips showing Police beating King or using same rubber glove to check the buddyly cavities (anus and Vagina, with a single rubber glove, for the 2 ladies) of two ladies on Texas road (on excuse they hiding a joint, non was found) were not possible without Dashcams

and, Monster .. AFAIK, recording police (brutality) on patrol seems now illegal .. too many embarrassing episode for police, so, they passed a law making it illegal

now, Monster, laugh is for sure not on Russians being allowed to record police corruption, but in America outlawing it

dead right azari.

luckily things like go pro do hi res video in a tiny package and can be easily hidden from all but the keenest eye.
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener

Were-Bear Traffic Hijinks & DashCam Self Surveillance Blues.

noddy wrote:

dead right azari.

luckily things like go pro do hi res video in a tiny package and can be easily hidden from all but the keenest eye.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Noddy

And Thanks for the link......

But one aspect of having a visible dashcam would be to discourage would be Potential Perps Police or Private so that an "incident" never happens in the first place........ Sort of like open carry of guns..........

Having a concealed cam could be a good idea too........ so long as you aren't required to "Share the Wealth" ;) of Data :twisted:

Or absence there of......... :idea:

Sort of like Richard Nixon who thought that his recording system would document the Glory of his Presidency........ :lol:
But instead got him im-Peared ;) and then im-Peached ;) making people wonder if he was fruity ;) to have installed it......

Got in trouble with the data........ and a ~21 minute absence thereof..

Sort of like GPS data.....

Were you Where you Were supposed to be When you Were Supposed to Be, Mr/Ms Were-Bear ;)

Or Were You Getting Bare :twisted:

Trying on underwear ;)

On Sale..... ;)

Or getting Plastered......

Even if you Were you Were Supposed to be, Were You there too long........
Taking a snooze.......
Trying sleep off the booze......
Or Texting...........

BTW....... On her Radio Show, Kim Kommando, Digitial Warrior Goddess of Uz, had more on the Meteoric ;) Rise of Russian Dashcams..........

NOT just the Russian Police Bear Perps....
Are acting like Jerks........

Lots of Private Russian Bear Perps trying to Perpetrate various Car Scams such as.........

Stop at a Stop, Go into reverse, Ram the car Behind you and claim that the Bear Behind ;) Back ended you.......

Even Bear Pedestrians are Persistent Perps Pouncing & Bouncing on the Bonnets of cars which they then claim Bashed them.......

Even though that is a Bear Faced Lie ;)
Oops...... I mean Bare Faced Lie....... :lol:

Note: This Post brought to you by the Letters "B", "P" and "W" ;)
Typhoon

Re: Space Rock to pass near Earth - May take out Satellites.

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Space Rock to pass near Earth - May take out Satellites.

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Meteorite risk | Space rock to pass near Earth . . .

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

NASA Reveals Details of Russian Meteor Explosion

New data from the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization was gathered using infrasound sensors that normally monitor nuclear explosions. The meteor hit with the impact of 470 kilotons of TNT, which is equivalent to about 30 times to power of the bomb that hit Hiroshima in World War II. Infrasound is very low-frequency sound waves that humans can’t hear, but some other animals like homing pigeons can detect.

Analysts have used the trajectory of the meteor to determine its origin to be an asteroid belt about 2.5 times farther from the Sun than the Earth. Bill Cooke from NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office looked at the data and said that the Russian meteor was in no way connected to DA14. “The fact that they reached Earth on the same day, one just a little closer than the other, appears to be a complete coincidence,” he said.

-qZ6oiaSm00