Transport: Planes, Trains, Boats, Autos, and Rockets

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Typhoon

Re: Transport: Planes, Trains, Boats, and Autos

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The F-22 is a better fighter to fighter combat design. But that is what it was always what it was intended to be. The F35 is a good replacement for the Harrier. The F22 is a good replacement for the F15

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-d ... o-contest/

But the real issue is money Since both were originally to be built in larger numbers:

https://secure.afa.org/Mitchell/Present ... ce_tnx.pdf

While the service will soon begin receiving a sizeable number of F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, everybody seems to have forgotten—at least everybody
in OSD seems to have forgotten—that the F-35 was designed to operate in tandem with the F-22. Therefore, the fact that we’re terminating
the F-22 at half of the stated requirement does not speak well for the future viability even of the F-35.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A car which uses an electrolyte flow cell power system is now certified for use on European roads. The car is called the Quant e-Sportlimousine, which made its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.

Not only can this car run on salt water, but it is claimed that the car has peak power of 920 horsepower (680 kW), 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 217.5 mph (350 km/h).

Read more: http://www.intelligentliving.co/salt-wa ... z3BshSRBSX

RqLpqR0SPnQ
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

JRfb2-tyRyg
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

kzYb68qXpD0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reteurs | Virgin Galactic spaceship crashes during California test flight

Condolences to the pioneers and everyone involved.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Interesting concept .. hope the program continues .. report is, they were testing new fuel, the new fuel let to explosion
after the release of the craft

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/sp ... ht-n238896

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/virgin ... or-n113216

Polyamides are a class of plastics that include nylon and Kevlar. The fuel to be used for SpaceShipTwo's rocket is a thermoplastic, meaning that it becomes pliable above a specific temperature.

pwm3leZu-O0

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

q_0xifuTqVA

I'm looking at a buncha these. Here's another one:

vz2p1SvuYjY
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

-Jl1arTEitw
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:q_0xifuTqVA

vz2p1SvuYjY
How about one of these

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Will have to see the full documentary when that comes out.....'>..........

Huge displacement, wonderful plumage. I had a book about those big bore, long throw racing engines. That was the tech about 1910 and earlier......'>>.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Will have to see the full documentary when that comes out.....'>..........

Huge displacement, wonderful plumage. I had a book about those big bore, long throw racing engines. That was the tech about 1910 and earlier......'>>.........
You're a hot mama with a wicked sense of humor, an intellectual babe, and a gearhead chick? :o :shock:

What a package! :)

Suddenly I feel so inadequate... :(

Yet appreciative.... 8-)
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

That was when I was between nine and twelve. After that it was old gramophones and radio.....

Let's just say I wasn't a 'gender-typical' individual. Not into all that fluff. Boys had way kewler toys.....;)...........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:That was when I was between nine and twelve. After that it was old gramophones and radio.....

Let's just say I wasn't a 'gender-typical' individual. Not into all that fluff. Boys had way kewler toys.....;)...........
I'm still appreciative.... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

time for the truth, I wish... I was as lean, good lookin, and as white as Meatloaf...... :(
Heracleum Persicum

3zE6BaFDkP4
w2itwFJCgFQ

very interesting

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ORu58PY1S_g
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Jalopnik | Video Shows Lamborghini Huracan Doing 335 kph [208 mph] On Highway Before Crash

LHp3jqRj-jg
Bonus points go to the Hungarian Police for having a sense of humor. Let me explain!

http://police.hu/hirek-es-informaciok/l ... l-fotokkal

Now, Porsche in Hungarian is pronounced porse, which spelt like por se means "not even dust".
So, their URL basically translates to : The Lamborghini That Became (a) "Por Se". Get it?
Both the driver and passenger survived, with the driver facing reckless driving and endangerment charges.

F1 driving skills do not come as part of the auto package . . .
Heracleum Persicum

EJECTOR SEAT for light planes

tLWYzk_me_g

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

rMXfaqP0wWk
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:q_0xifuTqVA

vz2p1SvuYjY
Since you love big piston engines

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3263/picture/6193/

If the Seven Wonders of the World was updated for the 21 st century, the Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel engine could be a contender. If you are a student of the internal combustion engine in all its wonderous configurations, then feast your eyes on this set of numbers which outline the truly astounding engineering feat. It is the most powerful and most efficient engine in the world today.
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Bloomberg | Apple Wants to Start Producing Cars as Soon as 2020
Apple Inc., which has been working secretly on a car, is pushing its team to begin production of an electric vehicle as early as 2020, people with knowledge of the matter said.

The timeframe -- automakers typically spend five to seven years developing a car -- underscores the project’s aggressive goals and could set the stage for a battle for customers with Tesla Motors Inc. and General Motors Co., both of which are targeting a 2017 release of an electric vehicle that can go more than 200 miles on a single charge and cost less than $40,000.
Not sure about driving a Windowless car . . .
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Bloomberg | Apple Wants to Start Producing Cars as Soon as 2020
Apple Inc., which has been working secretly on a car, is pushing its team to begin production of an electric vehicle as early as 2020, people with knowledge of the matter said.

The timeframe -- automakers typically spend five to seven years developing a car -- underscores the project’s aggressive goals and could set the stage for a battle for customers with Tesla Motors Inc. and General Motors Co., both of which are targeting a 2017 release of an electric vehicle that can go more than 200 miles on a single charge and cost less than $40,000.
Not sure about driving a Windowless car . . .
Not sure if it makes sounds like this either

yBZWKjj2vWY

Just remember with Apple -- it don't thing if it ain't got that ding.

They say with a Windows car, when it stops working, all you have to do is close the Windows Then reopen them, and it will work just fine :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

The first "Air Force One"

ehwvZXVKmPU
iK5dck1qLaE

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

At least for this Slingshot, you won't need eye bleach.....;>...........

A few of them are tooling around in our fair Twin Cities because we're close to the spawning site, but hey...... anything banned in Texas......;)........