Evolution

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Simple Minded

Re: Evolution

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
wronger than a wrong thing dipped in wrong.

evolution believes penguins and ostriches lost their wings, it believes dolphins and whales lost their hair..

this is basic stuff, taught in atheist churches.

traits come and go based on whats working in the environment at that time - as the conditions change so too the traits required to breed successfully.
True, much like most humans have lost the ability to initiate or return a telephone call. Basic animal response to change in environment and stimuli.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
all true enough.

to be clear - im not against the idea that the higher order contemplation of properties and reasons is a human only feature, however i am preconditioned to being cynical about these claims of human uniqueness in the animal kingdown as most of the old chestnuts have fallen to modern observation and recording.

toolmaking, emotions, experimentation, intelligence etc.

as for what is *actually* going on in their heads, i cant speak for another human, let alone a cat :)

does mr p get the nuances of the unknown ? (j/j being cheeky)
Excellent. Not only do we project our "selfness" on other humans we have never met, we do the same with our superior human-ness to animals.

arrogant human: "Look at that stupid squirrel. I am so much smarter than him. I understand how to derive trig functions from a unit circle. What a loser he is!"

self-aware squirrel: "Look at that human suffering from low self-esteem. Watching me for hours, just trying to find evidence of his superiority. When he points his Iphone at me, I'm gonna start scratching my nuts, just so he can get a picture and hopefully he will go home and spend some time watching his dog lick his balls."

arrogant human: "crap. I'm been so busy watching squirrels, I forgot to check for text messages for at least three minutes!"

self-aware squirrel: "They spend a lot of time touching those little rectangular boxes. It must be a source of food or sexual stimulation."

god and or ET: "WTF are they doing on their cell phones all the time? Time for humanoid 6.1."
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:

True, much like most humans have lost the ability to initiate or return a telephone call. Basic animal response to change in environment and stimuli.
i get horrified when my phone rings and people talk out of it :P
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

i get horrified when my phone rings and people talk out of it :P
cause yer afraid it might be god? :P
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:thats fine, lots of folks have lots of worldviews with different perspectives.

the current thread is basicaly assert rubbish, declare folks that argue against the rubbish butt hurt for not accepting the rubbish, rinse and repeat.

its just absurdity all the way down from my perspective and i cant triangulate my way out of gibberish, its just gibberish.

clean and simple. we know some things, we dont know other things, we have a best effort explanation that includes the things we know, we research into the bits we dont.

its all it can be, unless you want to not look at the unknown and just say "god dunnit" .. which is fine, but has nothing todo with evolution, or science.

--

to be fair their is this new atheist thing with a butthurt approach to religion and antagonistic attacking attitude to all the old cultural ways, i get that some folks are defensive on all that.

its still got nothing todo with what evolutionists believe, its what popular culture celebrities believe and is neither here nor there.
Basically I want things that are not science to be taken out of textbooks.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:thats fine, lots of folks have lots of worldviews with different perspectives.

the current thread is basicaly assert rubbish, declare folks that argue against the rubbish butt hurt for not accepting the rubbish, rinse and repeat.

its just absurdity all the way down from my perspective and i cant triangulate my way out of gibberish, its just gibberish.

clean and simple. we know some things, we dont know other things, we have a best effort explanation that includes the things we know, we research into the bits we dont.

its all it can be, unless you want to not look at the unknown and just say "god dunnit" .. which is fine, but has nothing todo with evolution, or science.

--

to be fair their is this new atheist thing with a butthurt approach to religion and antagonistic attacking attitude to all the old cultural ways, i get that some folks are defensive on all that.

its still got nothing todo with what evolutionists believe, its what popular culture celebrities believe and is neither here nor there.
Basically I want things that are not science to be taken out of textbooks.
This textbook from 1420 suits your wants

The Many Lives of the Medieval Wound Man
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Back to the science of origin and evolution

Quanta Mag | Dividing Droplets Could Explain Life’s Origin
Researchers have discovered that simple “chemically active” droplets grow to the size of cells and spontaneously divide, suggesting they might have evolved into the first living cells.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: You guys realize you are crazy.
squirrels can't contemplate roundness..... some humans don't realize they are crazy.....

I'm giving the win in this round to noddy!
You're just sore that they aren't contemplating the triangular.

Then again...what do electronic squirrels dream of?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ancient Footprints Found in Crete
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: This textbook from 1420 suits your wants

No.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:...could...

...suggesting ..
You fall for these every time. You are starting to sound like Ancient Aliens.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think the most common phrase on that show is "evidence suggests... aliens" I guess we're just putting a new spin on it on the OTNOT
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: You guys realize you are crazy.
squirrels can't contemplate roundness..... some humans don't realize they are crazy.....

I'm giving the win in this round to noddy!
You're just sore that they aren't contemplating the triangular.

Then again...what do electronic squirrels dream of?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ancient Footprints Found in Crete
Probably made by a homonym, or an early hominoid before the Aliens started altering their DNA. Should be supporting data somewhere on the internet.

Brazil nuts are triangular, sort of..... :P

Electronic nuts? Which could be acorns, testicles, or bloggers.......

Squirrel: "That silly NapLajoieonSteroids doesn't realize that sphericality is one of the criteria I use to select acorns. And when I try to splain to him, it's like he don't speak squirrel. we're so low on the evolutionary tree, and they can't speak our language?"
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
This textbook from 1420 suits your wants

I don't see the picture of someone else's post kicking one in the virtually gonads and damaging one's pride. Oh, yeah, pre-internet. Sorry.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:...could...

...suggesting ..
You fall for these every time. You are starting to sound like Ancient Aliens.
It's a hypothesis so the the wording is appropriate and standard.

Only dogmas claim absolutes.

Ironically, "space aliens" has more in common with your dogma.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: It's a hypothesis so the the wording is appropriate and standard.
The issue is that in the Church of Scientism hypothesis is quickly treated as science without going through the process.
Only dogmas claim absolutes.
Really. So some wiggle room on evolution and big bang? Sounds good to me.
Ironically, "space aliens" has more in common with your dogma.
Are you talking about Panspermia?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Is it turning into something other than bacteria? If not, should go in another thread.
noddy

Post by noddy »

so if a bacteria turns into another type of bacteria with different traits, what is the correct word for that ?
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Biology.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

At this point we have no choice but to conclude that evolution is not science.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/africa/hu ... index.html
South Africa's Cradle of Humankind, an expanse of farmland and rolling hills outside Johannesburg, has already unlocked some of the great mysteries of evolution.
Quick interjection, evolutionists will always scream at me that evolution is settled science, but every time I turn around they are also proclaiming mysteries. Schizo.
The unveiling of a near-complete fossil hominid skeleton dating back 3.67 million years will only solidify the importance of the region.

"Little Foot" is the oldest fossil hominid skeleton ever found in Southern Africa, the lead scientist examining the discovery said on Wednesday.
Are you ready for the kicker?
Some scientists have given it a far more recent place on the human evolutionary tree.
This is game set match for the death of evolution.

The "evolutionary trees" that we see are determined by debate and speculation of human beings, not by an independent testing process. For example we have litmus tests for pH balance, we have DNA tests to determine paternity and we use all kinds of metering to determine voltage, wattage and current. We are awash in independent tests of all kinds of physical phenomena.

Except evolution. No such tests exist.

Therefore it is not science.

Now this is not the only article that illustrates my point, it simply words it directly and simply in my favor. When you read evolution articles you will see the same thing over and over, descent is determined by speculation and arguing by a club of authorities, not independent testing.

Science is anything that conforms to the scientific method. ANything short of that is not science. Evolution fails the test in totality.

Scientific Method:
1. Observation
2. hypothesis
3. testing

Evolution:
1. There are all these species
2. They must have descended from each other
3. ---------

There is no independent testable methodology for determining descent. As such, descent itself has not been determined. Therefore, evolution is not science.

It's just tribal chieftains sitting around arguing and speculating.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Galapogos Finches Caught in the Act of Becoming New Species
A population of finches on the Galapagos has been discovered in the process of becoming a new species.

This is the first example of speciation that scientists have been able to observe directly in the field.

Researchers followed the entire population of finches on a tiny Galapagos island called Daphne Major, for many years, and so they were able to watch the speciation in progress.

The research was published in the journal Science.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
still waiting on you to pull that precambrian rabbit from your hat.
noddy

Post by noddy »

im stilll waitin on an adult, non new atheist to "believe" in evolution the way some folks say they do.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:At this point we have no choice but to conclude that evolution is not science.
In AGW lingo, "The science of creation is settled. Yer a religion denier."
Mr. Perfect wrote:It's just tribal chieftains sitting around arguing and speculating.
Kinda like you and Zack discussing politics....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:im stilll waitin on an adult, non new atheist to "believe" in evolution the way some folks say they do.
You probably aren't talkin to the right theologist.....

some people say "believe in evolution" instead of "theory of evolution," similar to how some say "undocumented person" rather than "illegal alien."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Galapogos Finches Caught in the Act of Becoming New Species

still waiting on you to pull that precambrian rabbit from your hat.
Wow. Please read the article next time. This might be the worst evolution article in history.
In 1981, the researchers noticed the arrival of a male of a non-native species, the large cactus finch.
Oops, not evolution, but breeding.
This new finch population is "sufficiently"different in form and "habits"
Lol and quotes added. In case you need this spelled out this is a subjective human opinion.

And for the hat trick.
"We tend not to argue about what defines a species anymore, because that doesn't get you anywhere," said Prof Butlin.
So don't ever post an article where someone is claiming a speciation where in the article itself they refuse to even identify what a species is, let alone discourage you from trying.

Just for fun:
In the past, it was thought that two different species must be unable to produce fertile offspring in order to be defined as such. But in more recent years, it has been established that many birds and other animals that we consider to be unique species are in fact able to interbreed with others to produce fertile young.
When people don't know the basics of their particular field it disqualifies them even further from making outrageous claims.

I think you posted the worst article in history on evolution. Please don't ever, ever, ever do that again.

Here in reality a bird turned into a bird, Bible style.

Maybe this is the worst line:
This is the first example of speciation that scientists have been able to observe directly in the field.
Evolution has never been observed and they admit it. Evolution is not science. Thank you Naps for providing an article on how evolution isn't science.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.