Evolution

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
noddy

Re: Evolution

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
I think I've been pretty clear,
nope, you keep telling me what other people think, even though i believe they dont think that at all.

then contradict yourself on what that is.

im confused.
Mr. Perfect wrote:

atheists believe in the abiotic genesis of life,
nope.

its important for you to keep saying that despite the fact i keep telling you its not true.

scientific research is not the same thing as belief not matter how much you seemingly want it to be.
Mr. Perfect wrote:

which is impossible.
maybe nope.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
homeopathy is also an area of study.
they researched it and found it was bunkum.

the research is required before declaring things bunkum - hence research into all sorts of evolutionary possibilities
Mr. Perfect wrote:

Abiotic genesis of life is not science in any way at all.
its an area of research.

millions of things get researched, most of them end up being not useful, i hardly keep track of any of them.

why are you so fixated on investigations into the creation of DNA ?

the origin of life is a pretty big hole in our understanding of the world, it would be highly ignorant not to research possibilities.

its not like we have any scientific alternatives - just cultural myth stories
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: nope, you keep telling me what other people think, even though i believe they dont think that at all.

then contradict yourself on what that is.

im confused.

nope.

its important for you to keep saying that despite the fact i keep telling you its not true.

scientific research is not the same thing as belief not matter how much you seemingly want it to be.
Ok, ALMOST all atheists believe in the abiotic genesis of life. Is this just a wording issue?
maybe nope.
We covered it earlier. Nobody could come up with a single science based support for it's possibility. This has been going on for a number of pages. You can make it simple, what do we know in science that would allow us to think it is possible.
they researched it and found it was bunkum.
Reminds me of something.
the research is required before declaring things bunkum - hence research into all sorts of evolutionary possibilities
We've been researching abiotic genesis of life for 100 years, results total bunkum.
its an area of research.

millions of things get researched, most of them end up being not useful, i hardly keep track of any of them.

why are you so fixated on investigations into the creation of DNA ?
Because I am being lied to straight to my face by people who are dumber than me and I don't care for that. For starters.
the origin of life is a pretty big hole in our understanding of the world, it would be highly ignorant not to research possibilities.

its not like we have any scientific alternatives - just cultural myth stories
That would be some uncreative binary thinking.

But, abiotic genesis of life isn't science, so we can't confuse it with scientific alternatives.
Censorship isn't necessary
noddy

Post by noddy »

use of language is probably the core of this amusement.

their is no belief, noone will lose the faith if some new theory comes out of nowhere that renders all this loony talk, it will just replace the old theory and people will work with that.

just because some american popular culture folks like the bill nye fool are pushing a scientism that annoys you, this has nothing todo with biology or research into how dna appeared/occured on earth.

nothing.

i did biology at university, its a hobby of mine to this day - ive never come across the thinking you try and project, its all curiosity on the possibilities, its never claims of fact.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:use of language is probably the core of this amusement.

their is no belief, noone will lose the faith if some new theory comes out of nowhere that renders all this loony talk, it will just replace the old theory and people will work with that.

just because some american popular culture folks like the bill nye fool are pushing a scientism that annoys you, this has nothing todo with biology or research into how dna appeared/occured on earth.

nothing.

i did biology at university, its a hobby of mine to this day - ive never come across the thinking you try and project, its all curiosity on the possibilities, its never claims of fact.
Quite.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Because I am being lied to straight to my face by people who are dumber than me and I don't care for that. For starters.

This is some high grade paranoia.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol bro how much do want to bet that your bros will recreate natural generation of DNA. We can set up a PayPal.
I guess he didn't even bet $1.
I'm not much of a betting-man and I know well enough not to make bets with someone whose personal motto is "never surrender".
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

SJ2hJezvd2I
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
I'm not much of a betting-man and I know well enough not to make bets with someone whose personal motto is "never surrender".
ORZ:

Don't argue with an ideeot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Don't wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.
Never go into battle against someone who has nothing to lose.

any similarity between the above text and any OTNOT posters live or dead, is merely coincidental.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That is a lot of crying.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So bottom line, there is no scientific basis to believe abiotic life is even possible, right? To believe so is like believing in a sun god
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
ORZ:

Don't argue with an ideeot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Don't wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.
Never go into battle against someone who has nothing to lose.

any similarity between the above text and any OTNOT posters live or dead, is merely coincidental.
It's balls and stubbornness all the way down.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol all I asked for is science, and it's like I molested a kitten. Bros you need to get a grip.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:use of language is probably the core of this amusement.

nothing.

I could fill 100 pages with videos/articles of "biologist"/atheist/"scientist" screaming bloody murder that people like me who dare question their religion are a threat to humanity/racist/pedophile/planet destroyer, etc, and take it to the street, voting booth, class room, government chamber etc

If you were me what would you do, particularly when they are spectacularly wrong.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

It's balls and stubbornness all the way down.
I remember reading in Journal of Probable and Really Credible Science, the scientific genetic theory that if your father had neither balls nor children, the probability is very high that you wouldn't have either one (or would that be three?).

But that is what makes Mr P. (and Zack and Tinker) so much fun. They're like your relatives who vary from 20% nuts to 80% nuts/agreeable on any given day, and you never know the percentage on that day, but they always have to cross the line, just so you don't think "you have won the conversation." It's like playing tug with a dog. Nothing is accomplished, but you and the dog both enjoy it.

As one of my French friends says "Americans don't realize that for the French,conversation is a competitive sport."

But hey, you're Italian! I ain't tellin you nothin! Right?
Last edited by Simple Minded on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So bottom line, there is no scientific basis to believe abiotic life is even possible, right? To believe so is like believing in a sun god
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
If you were me what would you do, particularly when they are spectacularly wrong.
If I were you, I'd act just like them to prove their point, er, uh, I mean your point. But then you be one of those T-people....... ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol all I asked for is science, and it's like I molested a kitten. Bros you need to get a grip.
It wasn't personal against the kitten, was it? It was in the name of science, right?

If you had offspring, then you could really shove it in the face of the biologists! :)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:So bottom line, there is no scientific basis to believe abiotic life is even possible, right? To believe so is like believing in a sun god
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1643266/
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:That is a lot of crying.
Indeed.

Tears of laughter.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Like I said, when you can only laugh and you cannot produce science which one of us is Galileo and which one is the Catholic church jealously guarding it's hegemony.
noddy

Post by noddy »

nope. you can keep your strawman and beat him however you like - you seem to love it and who are we to deprive you of simple pleasures.

i just read up on the latest creationist literature on how to attack evolution and apparently it involves mindlessly confusing abogenisis (creation of life) with evolution (ongoing changes to living creatures) and obfuscating all arguments in an attempt to leave the listener confused.

tedious,but i suppose it works on the easily impressed.

http://apologeticspress.org/APContent.a ... ticle=1631
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Cool story bro but if you scroll back a few pages you'll see I said I was not going to do that and then I stuck to it and didn't do it. You on the other hand have offered only gaslighting and have offered no science whatsoever to back up anything you believe.

So it raises the question who among us in this thread is the champion of science and who is attacking science.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: speculate .
Gack.
It's a perfectly acceptable word for a testable hypothesis.
Test it already.
I could introduce you to people at working on it right now. :)
Where is the update.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: If I were you, I'd act just like them to prove their point, er, uh, I mean your point. But then you be one of those T-people....... ;)
Lol You really won't like this one. This will be one of my historic takedowns.

Triangulation is a tactic of narcissistic personality disorder.

JrTkBkHXTeQ

What you are describing is NOT triangulation, what you are describing is called MIRRORING and is actually a tactic you would use AGAINST an NPD/irrational person. I used to call it "speaking in language leftists can understand". Works good. Trump is a master at it.

3lGKJm0UYxw
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Cool story bro but if you scroll back a few pages you'll see I said I was not going to do that and then I stuck to it and didn't do it. You on the other hand have offered only gaslighting and have offered no science whatsoever to back up anything you believe.

So it raises the question who among us in this thread is the champion of science and who is attacking science.
hardly.

you are the one making assertions, the burden of proof is 100% on you to prove that atheists believe the nonsense you say they believe.

i dont have to gaslight or triangulate or obfuscate or spout gibberish, im not the one making claims.

you are also the one demanding evidence of abogenisis on an evolution thread so your claim that you are not confusing the two is somewhat lacking in facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis has the summary of that theory - many many competing ideas, none proven, none claim to be proven.

none presented as fact, all presented as areas of research for biological chemists who are interested in such things.

ho hum.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: If I were you, I'd act just like them to prove their point, er, uh, I mean your point. But then you be one of those T-people....... ;)
Lol You really won't like this one. This will be one of my historic takedowns.

Triangulation is a tactic of narcissistic personality disorder.

JrTkBkHXTeQ

What you are describing is NOT triangulation, what you are describing is called MIRRORING and is actually a tactic you would use AGAINST an NPD/irrational person. I used to call it "speaking in language leftists can understand". Works good. Trump is a master at it.

3lGKJm0UYxw

:lol: :lol:

Thank you Mr. P! You made my day!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/al ... bel-people

So, where is the ginger ale? How exactly did the drinker get the oppossable thumb that allowed them to open the refrigerator, the bottle, and hold the glass?
Last edited by Simple Minded on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.