Evolution

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Simple Minded

Re: Evolution

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
hardly.

you are the one making assertions, the burden of proof is 100% on you to prove that atheists believe the nonsense you say they believe.
Yep. simple logical fallacy. Like the AGW True Beliebers who claim "climate scientists" can accurately measure the temperature of the Earth to 0.1 degrees over thousands of years. When asked to prove the accuracy of their claim, they say "You can't prove they can't measure the temperature of the Earth to 0.1 degrees over thousands of years."

The adult equivalent of "I'm rubber and you're glue....."

And of course, if the individual "atheist" in question does not believe exactly what you claim they believe, then they are not a "true atheist." Which means you can always be right, because any exception (individual) to your assertion that is found, is not a "true example" of your assertion.

Which explains why Bill Clinton is "black," and Bill Cosby is not "black." Saw a Calexit advocate on TV last night explaining how "Californians" don't think like "Americans." Who gets to accurately define how blacks, Americans, and Californians is still up for debate.

I have friends who are people of faith, and they know they are people of faith, and we are both cool with that. Then I know some who insist that you view their faith as science.

Some of the later think everyone should visit this: https://creationmuseum.org/ Some of the former say, "Why would I want to go there? I already have my faith."

For some reason, some people are offended by any opinion that does not mirror their own. I'm not sure why.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Erm, bros we are in a thread where evolutionists are strenuously arguing that their unproven theory is valid science. We are in the thread. And noddy is telling me that what is happening in the thread isn't happening.

That's called G-A-S-L-I-G-H-T-I-N-G
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I would for historical purposes like to catalog the fallacies, dodges, diversions, distractions and backflips used in this episode.

1. Anything is possible (no, anything is not possible. Horses will never outrun cars, men cannot jump over Everest, a horse and a chicken cannot reproduce together. There are enormous lists of impossibilities and limitations in this universe)
2. More is possible with billions of years (I'm reminded of an exchange with aferim some time ago. I liked him. Wish he was still around. I asked him if immaculate conception was possible given billions of years. He said categorically no. I then asked him if abiotic genesis could happen with billions of years and his head exploded. :) It's a good memory).
3. This science over here validates that science over there (lol, Na meeting Cl forming salt does not mean that cows can levitate).
4. Science can't be bothered with you (amusingly the same argument used by MMGW fundamentalists. This might be the most anti-science attitude of all, because science recognizes no authority structures whatsoever. Scientists are documented in believing laughably ridiculous things, like anyone else)

What I have found is atheists seem to be more emotionally defensive of their myths than any theist I've ever met. I mean their brains just melt down. Theists are used to people deriding their stories. We've learned to live with it and let it roll of their back to varying extents. Atheists do not seem to be able to cope with the idea that their myths aren't real. It's as if they wouldn't know how to go on living. It's as if they wouldn't know how to understand reality anymore.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: speculate .
Gack.
It's a perfectly acceptable word for a testable hypothesis.
Test it already.
I could introduce you to people at working on it right now. :)
I think it is time for that introduction.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Erm, bros we are in a thread where evolutionists are strenuously arguing that their unproven theory is valid science. We are in the thread. And noddy is telling me that what is happening in the thread isn't happening.

That's called G-A-S-L-I-G-H-T-I-N-G
had to look that one up:
gas·light
ˈɡaslīt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: gas-lighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.
"in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband"

Mr. P,

FWIW, IMSMO, by questioning your own sanity, you are demonstrating excellent powers of observation, self-awareness, and unusually good judgement....... ;)

Probably would not hurt to get a second opinion though....
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol gaslighting is the attempt to get the other person to question your sanity. Noddy's gaslighting didn't work for even a moment.

Gaslighting is as common as triangulating, particularly in politics.

So the supporters of abiotic genesis of resorted to gaslighting, insults, false accusations, bluffs, diversions, subject changes, almost a dozen fallacies while my position has been merely asking questions. Inquiring.

Which side is on the side of science.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: hardly.

you are the one making assertions, the burden of proof is 100% on you to prove that atheists believe the nonsense you say they believe.
Not really. I accommodated you into rewording, and you didn't come up with anything.
i dont have to gaslight or triangulate or obfuscate or spout gibberish, im not the one making claims.
Well you did those things, you also insulted me personally earlier, and mostly because your initial posts did buy into the claims of abiotic genesis; possible given 4 billion years. Of course it is not possible given any amount of time.
you are also the one demanding evidence of abogenisis on an evolution thread so your claim that you are not confusing the two is somewhat lacking in facts.
Nononononononononononononononononononononononononono. Nononononononononononononononononononononononono

I DID NOT DO THAT. I DID NOT DO THAT AT ALL. I DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU SAID. I DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ACCUSE ME OF.

I STARTED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THREAD TITLED "DNA" TO WHICH YOU WERE THE FIRST RESPONDENT, SEPARATE FROM THIS THREAD FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF NOT CONFLATING THE TOPICS. COLONEL SUN MERGED THE THREADS AGAINST MY WISHES. I WANTED TO HAVE 2 THREADS PRECISELY BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO BE ACCUSED OF WHAT YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF. SCROLL BACK TO MY EARLIEST POSTS ON PAGE 4 AND YOU WILL SEE THAT I REFERENCED "MY THREAD/THIS THREAD" REPEATEDLY BECAUSE I HAD STARTED A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC. COLONEL SUN MERGED THE THREADS AGAINST MY WISHES.

I DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ACCUSED ME OF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis has the summary of that theory - many many competing ideas, none proven, none claim to be proven.

none presented as fact, all presented as areas of research for biological chemists who are interested in such things.

ho hum.
again more gaslighting. Abiotic genesis of DNA is one of many non science things that evolutionists/atheists/seculars use against people who don't believe in their myths in an effort to destroy them. On the daily. Your gaslighting will not work on me.

And I won't back down because I am a great champion of science and human freedom.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So the question is, why do people use fallacies, diversions, distractions, personal attacks, gaslighting, false attacks, triangulation instead of engaging in scientific discourse?

The answer is you guys are experiencing COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

You need abiotic genesis to be true on a deep emotional level, and when faced with the fact that it is not true your consciousness goes into the CD zone. "Abiotic genesis must be true, even though it is not". So the mind has only one option, attack what one wants to be the source of dissonance so it can go back to fantasy state.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i didnt insult you, i teased you. anyway.

i concede i was mistaken on the thread creation - i logon every now and then and made no effort to trace back through all the intelligent discourse and learned observations.

we could continue to call eachother obfuscating gaslighters until we run out of electrons - your misreprenstations and projection arent fooling me for one second because i am the champion of all things, in all times and spaces.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I think micro-aggressions are one of the tools God uses to force our evolution.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i didnt insult you, i teased you. anyway.

i concede i was mistaken on the thread creation - i logon every now and then and made no effort to trace back through all the intelligent discourse and learned observations.

we could continue to call eachother obfuscating gaslighters until we run out of electrons - your misreprenstations and projection arent fooling me for one second because i am the champion of all things, in all times and spaces.
Welcome to modern USA. Beauty, insults, offenses, compliments, micro-aggressions are all determined by the receiver, not the transmitter.

we're evovling...... ;)
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So the question is, why do people use fallacies, diversions, distractions, personal attacks, gaslighting, false attacks, triangulation instead of engaging in scientific discourse?

Says the man in CAP LOCKS 8-)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

After this little psychoanalysis intermezzo, let's return to the topic of the section, evolution.

Thank you.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

With regard to EVOLUTION and not ABIOTIC GENESIS OF DNA (which deserves it's old thread back), this is a new gold standard argument. Priceless.

LJDgVlv55Uw
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So the question is, why do people use fallacies, diversions, distractions, personal attacks, gaslighting, false attacks, triangulation instead of engaging in scientific discourse?

Says the man in CAP LOCKS 8-)
What does caps lock have to do with it.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:

Welcome to modern USA. Beauty, insults, offenses, compliments, micro-aggressions are all determined by the receiver, not the transmitter.

we're evovling...... ;)
Lol you managed to gaslight and triangulate in one sentence. Hats off, you truly have a talent.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

we're evovling...... ;)
Lol you managed to gaslight and triangulate in one sentence. Hats off, you truly have a talent.
Yes, but back to the original question, are talents gifts from God, or skills evolved from repetition.....?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

we're evovling...... ;)
Yes, but back to the original question, are talents gifts from God, or skills evolved from repetition.....?
Talents, or traits, are present at birth. So the answer is both/and.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ok so since you guys lost on abiotic genesis of DNA let's watch the geniuses squirm on evolution.

What specific species did humans evolve from and how was it determined.
noddy

Post by noddy »

id love to get into another round of gaslighting and strawman projection but all my free time is taken up polishing my scrotum with a bastard file.

maybe someone else has less pressing demands.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol. The "I don't have time for this" is also a common one I get from evolutionists.

It means they don't have an answer to a basic question.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:id love to get into another round of gaslighting and strawman projection but all my free time is taken up polishing my scrotum with a bastard file.
That is a perspective that seems dominated by both selfishness and insensitivity! :o As well as sensible.

I continue to use you as the role model to which I aspire! Thank you Sensei!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:id love to get into another round of gaslighting and strawman projection but all my free time is taken up polishing my scrotum with a bastard file.

maybe someone else has less pressing demands.
+1

Quite.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol. Evolutionists. They can always find time for a temper tantrum but can never find time to do basic support of their religion.

So none of you could name the life form we evolved from? Can I say I'm not surprised?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Can we do more questions you'll never be able to answer?