Alternative "Medicine"

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Mr. Perfect

Alternative "Medicine"

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I was under the impression acupuncture was widespread in Japan, what are the perceptions there.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Re: Real Life

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I was under the impression acupuncture was widespread in Japan, what are the perceptions there.
Acupuncture is part of what is known as kampō, the Japanese version of Chinese traditional, so-called, medicine.

The herbology aspect is more far widespread and popular than acupuncture.

However, with regards to acupuncture, I do know people who "swear by it", although I've never given it much attention.

If I'm going to spend my time on mumbo-jumbo, then I may as well go to a shrine and/or temple and pray :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Real Life

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I was under the impression acupuncture was widespread in Japan, what are the perceptions there.
Acupuncture is part of what is known as kampō, the Japanese version of Chinese traditional, so-called, medicine.

The herbology aspect is more far widespread and popular than acupuncture.

However, with regards to acupuncture, I do know people who "swear by it", although I've never given it much attention.

If I'm going to spend my time on mumbo-jumbo, then I may as well go to a shrine and/or temple and pray :wink:
Needs a new thread. The "Real Life" thread is precious and destined to spin off new topics so let's keep it that way.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Alternative "Medicine"

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Traditional Chinese medicine "Thunder God Vine" shows strong promise in curing cancer in early trials at Johns Hopkins.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 153118.htm
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila