Scientists discover Da Vinci code in DNA

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Doc

Scientists discover Da Vinci code in DNA

Post by Doc »

:P

http://newstonight.co.za/content/secret ... scientists
Secret DNA Code Discovered by Scientists
Submitted by Kehumile Mazibuko on Sat, 12/14/2013 - 17:07
Secret DNA Code Discovered by Scientists

University of Washington Research team has discovered second, secret DNA code. As per earlier studies, DNA guides cells to make proteins. However, the new study points towards another secret DNA code, which could change the way we have interpreted the cell development in body in the past.

As per the research team, the newly discovered DNA secret code instructs the cells to control the genes. The new study would compel the experts to explore options leading to DNA mutations that come with age or as a response to virus.

"For over 40 years we have assumed that DNA changes affecting the genetic code solely impact how proteins are made," said lead author John Stamatoyannopoulos, University of Washington associate professor.

Genetic code uses 64-letter condons that replicate to build the cellts in our body. The newly discovered elements of DNA control the genes while the earlier condons relate to protein sequence.

The study has been published in journal Science. The research was funded by US National Human Genome Research Institute.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros