Sack all the middle aged folks

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
noddy

Sack all the middle aged folks

Post by noddy »

http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... df50a2a82a
Working more than 25hrs 'bad for brain'
Middle-aged workers should switch to part-time because working 9-to-5 all week is bad for the brain.
And if they're pulling lots of overtime - 60 hours or more - their brains are performing worse than if they were unemployed.
Those are the findings of a study of 6500 Australians aged over 40 that was conducted by Japanese researchers and published by the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research.
It found that for middle-aged and older people, working a maximum of 25 hours a week drew out the best performance from their brains.
personally, im happiest with 2*12 hr days.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: sack all the middle aged folks

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... df50a2a82a
Working more than 25hrs 'bad for brain'
Middle-aged workers should switch to part-time because working 9-to-5 all week is bad for the brain.
And if they're pulling lots of overtime - 60 hours or more - their brains are performing worse than if they were unemployed.
Those are the findings of a study of 6500 Australians aged over 40 that was conducted by Japanese researchers and published by the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research.
It found that for middle-aged and older people, working a maximum of 25 hours a week drew out the best performance from their brains.
personally, im happiest with 2*12 hr days.
Personally, part time works for me. My dogs appreciate my companionship much more than my co-workers.

Every now and then one of them will crack wise about my dyslexia and typos. I respond with either "Let he with opposable thumbs cast the first stone." or "Shut the hell up or you're never going for another ride in the Element to the McDonald's drive thru."

I think this article is simply some Chinese dudes, in disguise as Japanese researchers trying to convince the 48% of the Striners who are still working, to give up so they can take over your nation.

Being the head of the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research sounds like a cool job.

'Listen up cunts! Let me tell how things really are......." Intellectual Fred
noddy

Re: Sack all the middle aged folks

Post by noddy »

i would reply but ive only got 1 out of my allotted 25 hrs left, i better save it for an emergency.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: Sack all the middle aged folks

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i would reply but ive only got 1 out of my allotted 25 hrs left, i better save it for an emergency.
I understand Bro. Time oppresses us all. :(