This will Change Everything You Know... (2018-2019)

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Doc

Post by Doc »

39RS3XbT2pU

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Re: This will Change Everything You Know... (2018-2019)

Post by Typhoon »

Hard to evaluate.

I see a lot of people spending a lot of time on their mobile devices, yet also wonder if the speakers are viewing the world from their own insular perspective.

One point of concern is the ability of dominant enterprises such as Google and Facebook to filter news combined with the tendency of people to view only sources that confirm their biases
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:Hard to evaluate.

I see a lot of people spending a lot of time on their mobile devices, yet also wonder if the speakers are viewing the world from their own insular perspective.

One point of concern is the ability of dominant enterprises such as Google and Facebook to filter news combined with the tendency of people to view only sources that confirm their biases
Was thinking: they could add a "Challenge me!" button to get feeds from other echo chambers with different/opposite views.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Hard to evaluate.

Was thinking: they could add a "Challenge me!" button to get feeds from other echo chambers with different/opposite views.

They could call it "Walk a mile is someone else's shoes" From what I have observed the Internet killed empathy
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Not only that, one is a mile away and has their shoes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The video sounds a lot like what kimchi has been saying. Makes sense.

If anyone wants to implement a new era of prohibition and regulate the internet, here is the rationale, social interaction via social media, and therefore the internet is a narcotic.

We have to do it both for the common good and for the children!
Doc

Post by Doc »

If only internet flame wars were to the death.