Tesla Problems...?

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Simple Minded

Tesla Problems...?

Post by Simple Minded »

anyone body been following this? could make a mice rolling chasis for a cool project car....

http://jalopnik.com/5887499/who-is-tryi ... stleblower
AzariLoveIran

Re: Tesla Problems...?

Post by AzariLoveIran »

this whole Tesla a scam .. market cap 3.6 Billion ! ! :lol:

electric car ?

with electric cars, only game is the battery

the rest is vanilla

a scam

crashtech

Post by crashtech »

The fact that the battery in the Tesla can be destroyed by complete discharge is mentioned several times in the vehicle owner's manual. To me, the major flaw is with the owners thinking it's enough like a regular car to treat it with any level of neglect. Modern vehicles are very tolerant of neglect, but the Tesla is more akin to a vehicle from the dawn of the horseless carriage era, needing constant maintenance and attention.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

crashtech wrote:The fact that the battery in the Tesla can be destroyed by complete discharge is mentioned several times in the vehicle owner's manual. To me, the major flaw is with the owners thinking it's enough like a regular car to treat it with any level of neglect. Modern vehicles are very tolerant of neglect, but the Tesla is more akin to a vehicle from the dawn of the horseless carriage era, needing constant maintenance and attention.
Seems a very simple problem to fix with some simple sensors and automatic shut off of all electric loads or alarm warning.

If Tesla doesn't fix this, and their cars are good enough/statusy enough to stand on their own, the accessory market will jump in to fill the void.

I'll bet a google search would already turn up several tinkerers who have already solved this problem.

Strange that a group sharp enough to actually build a car would opt to stop there and address a simple problem with documentation. They will spend more on lawyers than they ever would have spent on engineering.