Climate change and other predictions of Imminent Doom

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Simple Minded

Re: Climate and the Anthropogenic Global Warming Controversy

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:historically humans have needed alot of fantasy to live in their lavender lives of irrelevance.

dreams of a better tommorow, dreams of racial supremecy, dreams of hairy sky gods approving of it, dreams of any ole crap.

living in a government controlled single room ghetto and queuing up for your 1/7 billion share of rice and protein subsitute does not consitute a dream for the future.
you left out imagining dragons one can slay to improve one's selflessness-esteem. :P

you TRAZI'S (TM) just LOVE popping snowflake's bubbles don't all y'all?

here's the climate change that should scare the flake out of any True Believer:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tinue.html

Repubs becoming Dems and not caring about God's will or Women's rights...... Dems becoming Repubs and suddenly believing in God and women as equals....

Pretty soon yer gonna need a Climate Scientist to measure the difference between a Mr. Perfect and a Zack.

no..... wait..... that's the utopian goal right? Never mind. The master plan is finally working. We're cool. (1970's slang, Google it)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Pretty soon yer gonna need a Climate Scientist to measure the difference between a Mr. Perfect and a Zack.
Only triangulators won't be able to tell. Everyone else will be able to tell.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: Pretty soon yer gonna need a Climate Scientist to measure the difference between a Mr. Perfect and a Zack.
Only triangulators won't be able to tell. Everyone else will be able to tell.
I hope yer right. If the two groups start interbreeding it'll f**k up both of the master races....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Climate Change Heretic..... where did I leave my dunking chair?

https://www.newcriterion.com/blogs/medi ... gLbpvD_BwE
Doc

Post by Doc »

Just came across this gem
GujLcfdovE8
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Lower Manhattan to sink under the Atlantic Ocean by midnight tonight!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -midnight/
Climate Expert James Hansen: New York Will Have Vanished Underwater by Midnight!
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Lower Manhattan to sink under the Atlantic Ocean by midnight tonight!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -midnight/
Climate Expert James Hansen: New York Will Have Vanished Underwater by Midnight!
Any day now.......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Hmmm... maybe "The Coming Ice Age" gurus of 40 years ago were temporarily right after all...

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/01/04/ ... te-crisis/

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/975 ... But_by_Ice
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

ZBrZT3hB3oA
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Supposedly this could grow nasty in the Netherlands. System moved to a more northern track though since yesterday. If however the timing and track is unfortunate, the jetstream will be aligned over the depression and suck even more pressure out of it. I love storms! Usually go out then.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:ZBrZT3hB3oA
thanks for posting P.

"Climate Science is religious dogma for atheist self-styled superior beings? Take this heretic to the dunking chair! He needs a... purification!""
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think MMGW fundamentalist should have an immediate mental health screening and barred from owning guns.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/
Scientists at the University of Manchester have found a surprising global warming culprit – sandwiches. In the first study of its kind, the researchers carried out an in-depth audit of various sandwiches throughout their life cycles and found the triangular meals could be responsible for the equivalent annual carbon emissions of 8.6 million cars in Britain alone.

In 1762, or so the story goes, the fourth Earl of Sandwich rocked the culinary world when he couldn't be bothered to leave the gambling table to eat and ordered the servants to just stick some meat between two slices of bread for him. Since then, the modern sandwich has become one of the most popular of food formats.

According to the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the United Kingdom spends £8 billion (US$11.3 billion) annually on 11.5 billion sandwiches, with half made at home and the other half bought at shops, supermarkets, kiosks, and service stations. To better understand the environmental impact of all these sarnies, the Manchester team looked at over 40 different sandwich types, recipes, and combinations as well as how they are made, packaged, transported, and stored. In addition, they considered the waste produced in making them, as well as the stale, rotten, or simply outdated sandwiches that are thrown away.

What the researchers found was that not all sandwiches are created equal and that some varieties have larger carbon footprints than others. The highest footprint was found in premade, prepackaged, all-day-breakfast sandwiches. These contain eggs, bacon, and sausage and are kept packaged and refrigerated until sold and eaten – all of which is estimated to add up to 1,441 g (3.18 lb) of carbon dioxide equivalent, or roughly the same as driving a car for 12 miles (19 km).

By contrast, the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich. Overall, making your sandwiches at home potentially halves the carbon emissions compared to their prepackaged equivalents.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/01/2 ... al-warming

Study blames sandwiches for global warming
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I think MMGW fundamentalist should have an immediate mental health screening and barred from owning guns.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/
Scientists at the University of Manchester have found a surprising global warming culprit – sandwiches. In the first study of its kind, the researchers carried out an in-depth audit of various sandwiches throughout their life cycles and found the triangular meals could be responsible for the equivalent annual carbon emissions of 8.6 million cars in Britain alone.

In 1762, or so the story goes, the fourth Earl of Sandwich rocked the culinary world when he couldn't be bothered to leave the gambling table to eat and ordered the servants to just stick some meat between two slices of bread for him. Since then, the modern sandwich has become one of the most popular of food formats.

According to the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the United Kingdom spends £8 billion (US$11.3 billion) annually on 11.5 billion sandwiches, with half made at home and the other half bought at shops, supermarkets, kiosks, and service stations. To better understand the environmental impact of all these sarnies, the Manchester team looked at over 40 different sandwich types, recipes, and combinations as well as how they are made, packaged, transported, and stored. In addition, they considered the waste produced in making them, as well as the stale, rotten, or simply outdated sandwiches that are thrown away.

What the researchers found was that not all sandwiches are created equal and that some varieties have larger carbon footprints than others. The highest footprint was found in premade, prepackaged, all-day-breakfast sandwiches. These contain eggs, bacon, and sausage and are kept packaged and refrigerated until sold and eaten – all of which is estimated to add up to 1,441 g (3.18 lb) of carbon dioxide equivalent, or roughly the same as driving a car for 12 miles (19 km).

By contrast, the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich. Overall, making your sandwiches at home potentially halves the carbon emissions compared to their prepackaged equivalents.
Dang you beat me to it. I guess I am going to have to practice my fast draw climate skepticism

So now we know gambling is a major cause of Global Warming... Who would have thought.... Oh yeah Never mind. :lol:
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

If there is no global warming please explain why Club Penguin disappeared.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Those truly concerned about climate change, formerly known as AGW, should do their bit and stop eating.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:If there is no global warming please explain why Club Penguin disappeared.
THIS...... :o :o :o ..........
Typhoon wrote:Those truly concerned about climate change, formerly known as AGW, should do their bit and stop eating.
How 'bout a gas tight seal?.....;)........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:If there is no global warming please explain why Club Penguin disappeared.
THIS...... :o :o :o ..........
Typhoon wrote:Those truly concerned about climate change, formerly known as AGW, should do their bit and stop eating.
How 'bout a gas tight seal?.....;)........
:lol: Thanks LG.

This answers kmich's question from the philosophy thread. "Why aren't there more women posters at OTNOT?"

Cause they have better things to do!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Man made volcanic sea level rise.

Given the weight of all that CO2 Man is producing, in hindsight it was only a matter of time before it effected the pressure inside the earth, to the point that the earth contents would start leaking out, as if the earth had acme.

https://hedgeaccordingly.com/2017/11/oo ... rming.html

Oops, NASA Finds Mantle Plume Melting Antarctica From Below, not ‘global warming’
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Man made volcanic sea level rise.

Given the weight of all that CO2 Man is producing, in hindsight it was only a matter of time before it effected the pressure inside the earth, to the point that the earth contents would start leaking out, as if the earth had acme.

https://hedgeaccordingly.com/2017/11/oo ... rming.html

Oops, NASA Finds Mantle Plume Melting Antarctica From Below, not ‘global warming’
Rocket Scientists vs. Climate Scientists...... let the battle begin!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

AGW types are obviously mantle incompetents.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

pluming mad.
ultracrepidarian