Climate change and other predictions of Imminent Doom

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Parodite

Re: Climate and the Anthropogenic Global Warming Controversy

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:
Any single thesis that can combine racism, sexism, and intellectualism is a bargain at any price. Only Flat Earthers would lack the intellectual horsepower to truly understand and appreciate it.

String theory scientists are (penis) envious.
More sex in the game, any game! :P
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

BB0aFPXr4n4

:D
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

It seems Brexit will cause global warming.... :roll:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35758427
Study suggests UK environment would be 'vulnerable' after Brexit
By Claire Marshall BBC Environment Correspondent

25 minutes ago
From the section Science & Environment

Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption According to the report, Brexit would leave Britain's environment vulnerable

A report has suggested that a UK departure from the EU would leave Britain's environment "in a more vulnerable and uncertain position."

The study has been prepared by the independent Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP).

According to the analysis, membership has had "a significant positive impact" on the environment.

But pro-Brexit campaigners dismissed the report as "complete tosh".
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

A deep source tells me that the part about what a Brexit would do to our sun was kept from the public to avoid general alarm and panic.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:It seems Brexit will cause global warming.... :roll:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35758427
Study suggests UK environment would be 'vulnerable' after Brexit
By Claire Marshall BBC Environment Correspondent

25 minutes ago
From the section Science & Environment

Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption According to the report, Brexit would leave Britain's environment vulnerable

A report has suggested that a UK departure from the EU would leave Britain's environment "in a more vulnerable and uncertain position."

The study has been prepared by the independent Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP).

According to the analysis, membership has had "a significant positive impact" on the environment.

But pro-Brexit campaigners dismissed the report as "complete tosh".
Rather the opposite, actually.

FT | [UK] Industry boss warns on electricity supply crisis
Safety cushion of spare capacity forecast at 1.5% this year, down from 17% in 2011.
Following the dictates of the f*cwit Eurocrats has lead to a completely unnecessary and avoidable energy supply crisis in the UK,

while messing up the environment with highly inefficient windmills.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

US Attorney General Loretta Lynch Wants to Prosecute ‘Climate Deniers’: Here’s Why She’ll Fail
Hoisted by her own petard.
It reminds us of something I’ve often remarked on before: the cabal of activists, scientists, academics, shyster politicians and hacks promoting the global warming agenda are quite astonishingly low grade. They’re low grade morally – which you’d expect – but they’re also so low-grade in terms of competence, credibility and intellect that it’s quite amazing how they manage to hold down their jobs. . . .
The scientists involved are not even third-rate, they are no-rate.
What’s really going to do for the Climate Alarmists in the end, I think, though, is not so much their stupidity or their venality but their arrogance and their complacency. They’re so spoilt by being part of a protected, padded, taxpayer-funded Establishment, so used to dismissing their opponents with appeals to authority, ad hominems and bully boy tactics that they’ve completely lost sight of how weak their position is.
I hope that the US AG proceeds. The discovery process will be most interesting. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:US Attorney General Loretta Lynch Wants to Prosecute ‘Climate Deniers’: Here’s Why She’ll Fail
Hoisted by her own petard.
It reminds us of something I’ve often remarked on before: the cabal of activists, scientists, academics, shyster politicians and hacks promoting the global warming agenda are quite astonishingly low grade. They’re low grade morally – which you’d expect – but they’re also so low-grade in terms of competence, credibility and intellect that it’s quite amazing how they manage to hold down their jobs. . . .
The scientists involved are not even third-rate, they are no-rate.
What’s really going to do for the Climate Alarmists in the end, I think, though, is not so much their stupidity or their venality but their arrogance and their complacency. They’re so spoilt by being part of a protected, padded, taxpayer-funded Establishment, so used to dismissing their opponents with appeals to authority, ad hominems and bully boy tactics that they’ve completely lost sight of how weak their position is.
I hope that the US AG proceeds. The discovery process will be most interesting. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
There's social justice, and then there is cosmic justice! :)

"that's why stupid is supposed to hurt!"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:BB0aFPXr4n4

:D
Brilliant.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/edward- ... ntion-cia/
EDWARD SNOWDEN: “GLOBAL WARMING IS AN INVENTION OF THE CIA” | USA Politics Today
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/edward- ... ntion-cia/
EDWARD SNOWDEN: “GLOBAL WARMING IS AN INVENTION OF THE CIA” | USA Politics Today
While my confirmation bias would very much like to believe that Snowden actually made this claim
and has the docs to back it up,

the evidence indicates that it is another fake internet story with no independent confirmation.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/edward- ... ntion-cia/
While my confirmation bias would very much like to believe that Snowden actually made this claim
and has the docs to back it up,

the evidence indicates that it is another fake internet story with no independent confirmation.
Perhaps Let me check it out But there is real scary stuff out there. See next post
Doc

Post by Doc »

Democratic attorneys general to police climate change dissent

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A coalition of Democratic attorneys general in 16 states announced Tuesday an unprecedented campaign to pursue companies that challenge the catastrophic climate change narrative, raising concerns over free speech and the use of state authority to punish political foes.
More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ic-ags-cr/
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:

A coalition of Democratic attorneys general in 16 states announced Tuesday an unprecedented campaign to pursue companies that challenge the catastrophic climate change narrative, raising concerns over free speech and the use of state authority to punish political foes.
How ironic to see full blown Lysenkoism reborn in the USA.
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

Meanwhile, Tom Friedman does an on the ground expose of what's been causing the Great African Exodus from the Sahara:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/opini ... frica.html
Just as Syria’s revolution was set off in part by the worst four-year drought in the country’s modern history — plus overpopulation, climate stresses and the Internet — the same is true of this African migration wave. That’s why I’m here filming an episode for the “Years of Living Dangerously” series on climate change across the planet, which will appear on National Geographic Channel next fall. I’m traveling with Monique Barbut, who heads the U.N. Convention to Combat Desertification, and Adamou Chaifou, Niger’s minister of environment.

Chaifou explains that West Africa has experienced two decades of on-again-off-again drought. The dry periods prompt desperate people to deforest hillsides for wood for cooking or to sell, but they are now followed by increasingly violent rains, which then easily wash away the topsoil barren of trees. Meanwhile, the population explodes — mothers in Niger average seven children — as parents continue to have lots of kids for social security, and each year more fertile land gets eaten by desertification. “We now lose 100,000 hectares of arable land every year to desertification,” says Chaifou. “And we lose between 60,000 and 80,000 hectares of forest every year.”

As long as anyone could remember, he says, the rainy season “started in June and lasted until October. Now we get more big rains in April, and you need to plant right after it rains.” But then it becomes dry again for a month or two, and then the rains come back, much more intense than before, and cause floods that wash away the crops, “and that is a consequence of climate change” — caused, he adds, primarily by emissions from the industrial North, not from Niger or its neighbors.

Says the U.N.’s Barbut, “Desertification acts as the trigger, and climate change acts as an amplifier of the political challenges we are witnessing today: economic migrants, interethnic conflicts and extremism.” She shows me three maps of Africa with an oblong outline around a bunch of dots clustered in the middle of the continent. Map No. 1: the most vulnerable regions of desertification in Africa in 2008. Map No. 2: conflicts and food riots in Africa 2007-2008. Map No. 3: terrorist attacks in Africa in 2012.
But rest assured, in this new warmed up world, the Europeans can now migrate up north themselves to the Arctic to make more room for the Africans!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Global Warming Alarmism the new fascism

Bill Nye on Jailing 'climate deniers"
xlk4Lt__Sn0
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc wrote:

Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Doc wrote:

If the evidence for man-made global warming - climate change was overwhelming then there would be no need for the thought police.

It is effectively a frank admission that the evidence is marginal at best and that the doomsday claims are bogus.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-26/g ... th/7346382

While a greener Earth might seem like a positive from CO2-induced global warming, along with milder winters and longer growing seasons,
oh no, milder winters and longer growing seasons and more greenery.
he said there were many more negative impacts — including rising sea levels and severe weather. "These will eventually outweigh by far any benefit from the greening," he said.
i wonder if their was any proof for that statement :)

if some places will flood and some places will get bigger storms, that doesnt mean the increased food production across the entire planet is 'outweighed'
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-26/g ... th/7346382

While a greener Earth might seem like a positive from CO2-induced global warming, along with milder winters and longer growing seasons,
he said there were many more negative impacts — including rising sea levels and severe weather. "These will eventually outweigh by far any benefit from the greening," he said.

if some places will flood and some places will get bigger storms, that doesnt mean the increased food production across the entire planet is 'outweighed'
Ya beat me to it mate. tis a pis poor intellectual who can't find existential doom in healthier plant life.

if white people ever stop listening to experts, Zack will get even more depressed, and human population will explode exponentially.

first it was Noah, who sounded the alarm, bout too much water, now it's NOAA. the more things change the more they remain the same.... ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-26/g ... th/7346382

Ya beat me to it mate. tis a pis poor intellectual who can't find existential doom in healthier plant life.

if white people ever stop listening to experts, Zack will get even more depressed, and human population will explode exponentially.

first it was Noah, who sounded the alarm, bout too much water, now it's NOAA. the more things change the more they remain the same.... ;)
+1
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If there is a trough, then there will be pigs.

~ Pushkin
z_OjGxrlloE
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ammianus wrote:Meanwhile, Tom Friedman does an on the ground expose of what's been causing the Great African Exodus from the Sahara:

Just as Syria’s revolution was set off in part by the worst four-year drought in the country’s modern history — plus overpopulation, climate stresses and the Internet — the same is true of this African migration wave. That’s why I’m here filming an episode for the “Years of Living Dangerously” series on climate change across the planet, which will appear on National Geographic Channel next fall. I’m traveling with Monique Barbut, who heads the U.N. Convention to Combat Desertification, and Adamou Chaifou, Niger’s minister of environment.

Chaifou explains that West Africa has experienced two decades of on-again-off-again drought. The dry periods prompt desperate people to deforest hillsides for wood for cooking or to sell, but they are now followed by increasingly violent rains, which then easily wash away the topsoil barren of trees. Meanwhile, the population explodes — mothers in Niger average seven children — as parents continue to have lots of kids for social security, and each year more fertile land gets eaten by desertification. “We now lose 100,000 hectares of arable land every year to desertification,” says Chaifou. “And we lose between 60,000 and 80,000 hectares of forest every year.”

As long as anyone could remember, he says, the rainy season “started in June and lasted until October. Now we get more big rains in April, and you need to plant right after it rains.” But then it becomes dry again for a month or two, and then the rains come back, much more intense than before, and cause floods that wash away the crops, “and that is a consequence of climate change” — caused, he adds, primarily by emissions from the industrial North, not from Niger or its neighbors.

Says the U.N.’s Barbut, “Desertification acts as the trigger, and climate change acts as an amplifier of the political challenges we are witnessing today: economic migrants, interethnic conflicts and extremism.” She shows me three maps of Africa with an oblong outline around a bunch of dots clustered in the middle of the continent. Map No. 1: the most vulnerable regions of desertification in Africa in 2008. Map No. 2: conflicts and food riots in Africa 2007-2008. Map No. 3: terrorist attacks in Africa in 2012.
But rest assured, in this new warmed up world, the Europeans can now migrate up north themselves to the Arctic to make more room for the Africans!
No idi*t like a innumerate, historically and scientifically illiterate, idi*t.

The NYT labours under an excess of such.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Ammianus wrote:Meanwhile, Tom Friedman does an on the ground expose of what's been causing the Great African Exodus from the Sahara:

No idi*t like a innumerate, historically and scientifically illiterate, idi*t.

The NYT labours under an excess of such.
That's why we keep the NYT in NYC. Kinda like a huge mental hospital. As you noted above, build the trough and the hogs will come.

Did you notice Friedman used the word Niger twice in the first paragraph? What a Racist!

Interesting that people without the means to feed children often have more. Sex as a narcotic that temporary provides relief from existential pain?