Male vs Female Worlds

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Male vs Female Worlds

Postby Parodite » Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Not sure it leads to any deep-thawt, but I wondered how good women can solve problems created by (mostly) men and vice versa.
Outside, away from the noise, grows a flower.
Parodite

Re: Male vs Female Worlds

Postby Mr. Perfect » Fri May 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Presented without comment.

Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Postby noddy » Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 am

id need more to go on i think.

im not particularly convinced their are any "male caused" problems just human ones.

"women" only get a free pass when they where sitting on the sidelines in the peanut gallery and now they are getting more involved in business and politics we see that the differences among the power mongers are not so great.
noddy

Postby Simple Minded » Sat May 06, 2017 3:15 pm

noddy wrote:id need more to go on i think.

im not particularly convinced their are any "male caused" problems just human ones.

"women" only get a free pass when they where sitting on the sidelines in the peanut gallery and now they are getting more involved in business and politics we see that the differences among the power mongers are not so great.

IIRC, when I was ins Saudi Arabia, they didn't have any female caused problems.

Once the surgical techniques improve, solutions of male problems and female problems will be quite straightforward.

Ask Caitlin Jenner.

trick is to ignore the classifications. sexists and racists find that very difficult to do.
Sometimes other people "trigger" me. More often than not though, I do it to myself.
Kinda like Marxist sex.
Simple Minded

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Mon May 08, 2017 3:12 am

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Postby Typhoon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 am

All the world's a stage.
Typhoon

Postby Simple Minded » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Good article. Thanks for posting. Chemical and genetic basis make sense. Psychological basis is merely projection. So we substitute sex and gender for beauty in the old saying about "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Now, how to get both traditionalist and activist beholders to mind their own business.
Sometimes other people "trigger" me. More often than not though, I do it to myself.
Kinda like Marxist sex.
Simple Minded

Postby Typhoon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 am

Daily Mail | Will my baby granddaughter pay the price of my fight for equality?

Sixties feminist Jeannette Kupferman sees the emotional emptiness facing women today.

While I've been enlightened that gender is a uniformly distributed continuum and that the penis is a social construct,

this is one topic on which I still perceive myself as unqualified to comment.
All the world's a stage.
Typhoon

Postby Simple Minded » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:56 am

Typhoon wrote:Daily Mail | Will my baby granddaughter pay the price of my fight for equality?

Sixties feminist Jeannette Kupferman sees the emotional emptiness facing women today.

While I've been enlightened that gender is a uniformly distributed continuum and that the penis is a social construct,

this is one topic on which I still perceive myself as unqualified to comment.

As males, (please forgive my presumptuousness) how can we possibly be qualified to comment? Yet we must, in order to pay our fair share of societal burden.

Gramma Kupferman seems concerned about first world problems and perceptions. That perhaps with little real adversity to face, her granddaughter may face endless imaginary adversity and/or confusion. All grandparents must think, "This is not the world I was born into."

"The things I worried about as a mother — failing exams, unwanted pregnancy, drinking too much — seem tame. How I fear for Amber Ann, in this age of endless choice and freedom.
The well-meaning battles we embarked on in idealistic youth have somehow robbed young women of the soul of femininity. We’ve lost something precious, distinctive and unique.
My own life — one where loss, hardship and struggle has always played a part — has taught me that simple pleasures matter just as much. And that’s the message I want to now share with my granddaughter’s generation. We’re in danger of losing the essence of womanhood in this brutal landscape.
A war baby, I was born while my mother, Eva, was an evacuee, and only returned to a grim post-war East London after my father, Nat, who eventually became a clothes manufacturer, was demobbed."

My own grandmother lived through WWI, the Great Depression, WWII, and the 1960's. I don't recall her worrying about the effects of feminism, and she seemed comfortable, self-identifying as female.

The distinction between intellectual "adversity" and actual physical adversity. First World Oppression or opportunity? So many possible perceptions, what to worry about?

Wait, did they just assume the gender of that baby? There's the solution, raise her as a male!

"A mere trifle consoles us, because a mere trifle distresses us." Benjamin Franklin
Kinda like Marxist sex.
Simple Minded

Postby noddy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:39 am

its hard to comment on because "wimmuns" is such a nebulous concept.

most of the ones I know are quite happy and the ones that arent happy, you do wonder if and when they ever might have been happy.

maybe all we are missing is nunneries.
noddy

Postby Simple Minded » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

noddy wrote:its hard to comment on because "wimmuns" is such a nebulous concept.

most of the ones I know are quite happy and the ones that arent happy, you do wonder if and when they ever might have been happy.

maybe all we are missing is nunneries.

I like it. Solving the problems of one group identity, by creating more subset group identities. Should be able to turn that into a long turn income stream without too much effort or thought.
Kinda like Marxist sex.
Simple Minded

Postby noddy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm

its like shampoo - you need different magic ingrediants for the different types, moar profits!
noddy

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:35 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Simple Minded » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:10 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:

JP is letting me down here as a role model.

I've always had excellent results from interrupting the conversation with "Listen up woman! I be the man, and you be the woman. And if this conversation has to go much farther, you ain't gonna like it very much!"

Or on occasion "Calm down woman, before I knock you down!"

and if a few extreme situation "If you don't stop acting crazy bitch, I ain't gonna have sex with you no mo!"

Unacceptable to society? Which one?
Kinda like Marxist sex.
Simple Minded

Return to Philosophy