Celibacy for priests not a matter of dogma

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Celibacy for priests not a matter of dogma

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

This isn't news or revelatory. It's is also not a philosophy discussion. It's curious that on a board with a handful of Catholics you are the only one constantly talking about Catholics. Slow news in Canada? Ahmed Nejad no longer sending you bullet points and mini-chocolates? Sick of flying? What's going on here... :)
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:.

This isn't news or revelatory. It's is also not a philosophy discussion. It's curious that on a board with a handful of Catholics you are the only one constantly talking about Catholics. Slow news in Canada? Ahmed Nejad no longer sending you bullet points and mini-chocolates ? Sick of flying? What's going on here... :)

:lol:

Though know a few Iranian by name of "Ahmed Nejad" (frequent Iranian name) and thought you too know them, but never the less looked in WiKi for "Ahmed Nejad", WiKi couldn't find but instead suggested "Ahmadinejat " :lol:

"onSteroids", you catholic or somethin ? ? touched a nerve ? ? :lol:

just jokin

Look, onSteroids, why you think Religion doesn't belong in Philosophy thread ? ?

where else would you post this, maybe should have post in "Levitas" .. but, again, CS would protest

and

onSteroids, you thinkin Francis sayin RCC "celibacy" was just meant as a gimik is not a NEWS ? ?

Don't know about you, onSteroids, but Azari (a "born" Shia Muslim) really surprised how "Francis the Jesuit" REFORMATTING Christianity .. maybe that is the long awaited 2nd shoe fallin in reformation.

My guess is, RCC thinks best defense is a good offense, meaning doubling down on competition

Looking forward for Vatican GAY carnival :lol:

(this for Monster to be occupied and let MAHDI rest a bit :D :lol: :) )

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+22
23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

http://catholicexchange.com/10-reasons- ... y-celibacy
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:.

This isn't news or revelatory. It's is also not a philosophy discussion. It's curious that on a board with a handful of Catholics you are the only one constantly talking about Catholics. Slow news in Canada? Ahmed Nejad no longer sending you bullet points and mini-chocolates ? Sick of flying? What's going on here... :)

:lol:

Though know a few Iranian by name of "Ahmed Nejad" (frequent Iranian name) and thought you too know them, but never the less looked in WiKi for "Ahmed Nejad", WiKi couldn't find but instead suggested "Ahmadinejat " :lol:

"onSteroids", you catholic or somethin ? ? touched a nerve ? ? :lol:

just jokin

Look, onSteroids, why you think Religion doesn't belong in Philosophy thread ? ?

where else would you post this, maybe should have post in "Levitas" .. but, again, CS would protest

and

onSteroids, you thinkin Francis sayin RCC "celibacy" was just meant as a gimik is not a NEWS ? ?

Don't know about you, onSteroids, but Azari (a "born" Shia Muslim) really surprised how "Francis the Jesuit" REFORMATTING Christianity .. maybe that is the long awaited 2nd shoe fallin in reformation.

My guess is, RCC thinks best defense is a good offense, meaning doubling down on competition

Looking forward for Vatican GAY carnival :lol:

(this for Monster to be occupied and let MAHDI rest a bit :D :lol: :) )

It was a slip of the pen, I meant to type Ahmedi Nejad, with that i, because I was under the impression that was the proper way to spell him name in English- not the mash-up newspapers usually do. Though yes, I know Nejads, took one to a prom once. :lol:

My point is that celibacy has never been a dogmatic thing, it's always been disciplinary and its a pretty well known point.

Furthermore, this thread isn't about the religious/philosophical reasons for or against celibacy- it's just reporting what you heard and filtering it through something you know little about. Not a whole lot of philosophy to discuss.

It is more like if I started a thread on flying a plane and tried to tell you you got it all wrong about drag and lift because I read something in a newspaper once.