"Blind Spot" HItler's personal secretary breaks her silence

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Doc

"Blind Spot" HItler's personal secretary breaks her silence

Post by Doc »

You can watch the full documentary on Sony's web site here:
http://www.crackle.com/c/blind-spot-hitlers-secretary
"That can only happen when a tyrannical system is so well established that it can dominate the entire fabric of society. And the Germans are good at organizing"

"People's consciences, too?"

"Yes You see , that's an area where Hitler did a huge amount of harm. He actually tried to manipulate the consciences of the German people. He convinced them they had a task to do, they had to exterminate the Jews, because the Jews caused all our problems. It wasn't Hitler's own idea, it had been put forwards much earlier. That they had to sacrifice."

"And I can remember a writer. She interviewed a soldier who had been stationed in a concentration camp. He was a guard and she asked him:

"Didn't you feel any pity at all for the people you treated so badly there?" "and he replied : "Yes I certainly did feel pity for them, but I had to overcome it. That was the sacrifice I had to make for the greater cause"

"And that's what happened to conscience. After all Hitler used to always say: "You don't have to worry any of you. You just have to do what I say and I'll take responsibility."

As if anyone can take charge of another person's conscience. I do think you can make someone's conscience more sensitive or desensitize it, or manipulate it.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros