Theory of evolution: the most deadly idea in history?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Simple Minded

Re: Theory of evolution: the most deadly idea in history?

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
There are several ways that Black women could be targeted to have abortions. One is by marketing. Planned Parenthood apparently from what I have seen pays black ministers to push their message. Also I have seen the claim that abortions clinics are more common close to areas where more black folks live. I have looked at the maps and just from my impression of them without going into a lengthy dataset gathering analysis I think it is true. It is certainly true that there are many more abortion clinics in cities with large black populations. In other areas of high black populations like the south east abortions clinics in more rural settings seem to be pretty regularly distributed in the South East states and through the Atlantic states. However there are not many in Louisiana and Mississippi.
I think you are stretching here Doc, but who knows, you may be right. It may also be a case of services are located closest to areas of high demand.
Doc wrote:
Both of the above possible reason points to the social/"racial" pimps being the culprits. Make no mistake that at this time there is a battle going on for the hearts and minds of Black
folks going on in this country. Many are starting to question who really has their interests at heart.
It seems that politicians will always try to achieve an economy of scale by campaigning to people as demographic herds. I think that is why they really suck as problem solvers.

If Fred CHOOSES a self-identify as a member of a demographic herd, rather than as his own person, in charge of his own destiny........ well, it is really kinda tough to talk to that person about much of anything....... When Fred buys into what they are selling, rather than thinking for himself, he is "not reaping" what he has "refused to sow."

Poor Fred, maybe when he hits his pain threshold, he'll think differently.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
There are several ways that Black women could be targeted to have abortions. One is by marketing. Planned Parenthood apparently from what I have seen pays black ministers to push their message. Also I have seen the claim that abortions clinics are more common close to areas where more black folks live. I have looked at the maps and just from my impression of them without going into a lengthy dataset gathering analysis I think it is true. It is certainly true that there are many more abortion clinics in cities with large black populations. In other areas of high black populations like the south east abortions clinics in more rural settings seem to be pretty regularly distributed in the South East states and through the Atlantic states. However there are not many in Louisiana and Mississippi.
I think you are stretching here Doc, but who knows, you may be right. It may also be a case of services are located closest to areas of high demand.
Doc wrote:
Both of the above possible reason points to the social/"racial" pimps being the culprits. Make no mistake that at this time there is a battle going on for the hearts and minds of Black
folks going on in this country. Many are starting to question who really has their interests at heart.
It seems that politicians will always try to achieve an economy of scale by campaigning to people as demographic herds. I think that is why they really suck as problem solvers.

If Fred CHOOSES a self-identify as a member of a demographic herd, rather than as his own person, in charge of his own destiny........ well, it is really kinda tough to talk to that person about much of anything....... When Fred buys into what they are selling, rather than thinking for himself, he is "not reaping" what he has "refused to sow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dis ... story.html
Let down by Obama, some black voters ask: Is it even worth backing Clinton?

Jacksonville, Fla. — During those two electric Novembers, the chance to elect a black president, and then keep him in office, seized Regenia Motley’s neighborhood.

Nightclubs were registering voters. Churches held fish fries after loading buses that ferried parishioners to the polls. A truck hoisted a big sign that said “Obama.” And residents waited in long lines at precincts across the community.

But as Motley and some friends sought shade recently under a mulberry tree and looked across the landscape of empty lots and abandoned houses that has persisted here, they wondered whether they would ever bother voting again.

“What was the point?” asked Motley, 23, a grocery store clerk. “We made history, but I don’t see change.”
More at the link
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Jacksonville, Fla. — During those two electric Novembers, the chance to elect a black president, and then keep him in office, seized Regenia Motley’s neighborhood.

Nightclubs were registering voters. Churches held fish fries after loading buses that ferried parishioners to the polls. A truck hoisted a big sign that said “Obama.” And residents waited in long lines at precincts across the community.

But as Motley and some friends sought shade recently under a mulberry tree and looked across the landscape of empty lots and abandoned houses that has persisted here, they wondered whether they would ever bother voting again.

“What was the point?” asked Motley, 23, a grocery store clerk. “We made history, but I don’t see change.”
More at the link
:D :D sometimes large groups of people make my point more articulately than I could ever hope to do....... ;)

My favorite skit during the 08 dem primary, was to approach my liberal friends and with a pained expression on my face proclaim..... "I am really torn. My inner racist tells me to vote for Hilary, while my inner sexist tells me to vote for Obama...... Are you guys gonna vote for genitalia or melanin? which is more important?'
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

More at the link
:D :D sometimes large groups of people make my point more articulately than I could ever hope to do....... ;)

My favorite skit during the 08 dem primary, was to approach my liberal friends and with a pained expression on my face proclaim..... "I am really torn. My inner racist tells me to vote for Hilary, while my inner sexist tells me to vote for Obama...... Are you guys gonna vote for genitalia or melanin? which is more important?'
Can you believe this? The WAPO changed the end of their headline from "is it even worth backing Clinton?" to "is it even worth voting?"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Progressive declares "Let's (Cautiously) Celebrate the "New Eugenics""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-entin ... 70462.html

A long article defending the Eugenics the old and new

My rebuttal is the "New Eugenics" is a pre-emptive ending of life. A philosophy without difference to the philosophy of Margret sanger "No chance in the world of being human"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrOPDd ... .be&t=1354

Again human or not?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRO5-V1uK0

Close to 200 million people dead last time the killer klown progressives got their way How many will die this time around?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Still fail to see the difference between evolution theory, survival of the fittest, eugenetics, gene wars... and religious ideologies where you have the survival of the most faithful and punishment of heathens and herertics. If you need enemies or inspiration of sorts.. both serve fine.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The theory of biological evolution is value neutral.

It is simply an observation about how life operates on our planet.

Another example is the theory of nuclear fission.

It is a description of how nature works.

What people choose to do with either is another, unrelated, issue.

In the case of evolution, it is a case of misrepresentation and misapplication outside the domain of science.

In the case of nuclear fission, it is for use in war rather than in peace, while noting the peacetime applications have now helped numerous lives.

tl;dr: The problem is not with the observational theory of evolution, the problems is with those that misapply it either willfully or through ignorance.

Following the thread title line of reasoning, one might as well call gravity the most deadly idea in history.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:The theory of biological evolution is value neutral.

It is simply an observation about how life operates on our planet.

Another example is the theory of nuclear fission.

It is a description of how nature works.

What people choose to do with either is another, unrelated, issue.

In the case of evolution, it is a case of misrepresentation and misapplication outside the domain of science.

In the case of nuclear fission, it is for use in war rather than in peace, while noting the peacetime applications have now helped numerous lives.

tl;dr: The problem is not with the observational theory of evolution, the problems is with those that misapply it either willfully or through ignorance.

Following the thread title line of reasoning, one might as well call gravity the most deadly idea in history.
Brilliant.

Not much of a sales technique, but still brilliant. :)

We need more separation of science and selling.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Concurred. Concise and on the mark.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Darwin was a racist, and since evolution isn't in any way science then the op is a serious question. The answer is maybe/probably.
Censorship isn't necessary
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Given the fact that everything in the universe evolves, changes over billions of years and day by day... the burden of proof that life on earth did not also evolve in same natural framework is on the creationists.

For the record, I don't think that survival of the fittest and random mutations are considered prime forces and certainly not the only ones that drive evolution in modern evolution theory. In fact random mutations are considered to be counter productive as they are usually no good for the organism. Survival of the fittest does however make sure that random harmful mutations are weeded out from the gene pool quickly and that anything that serves an organism or gene-pool remains.

Our problem is maybe that we wrongly look at what happens in the natural world as either "random and stupid" or "intelligent and meaningful". The average nature documentary where the behavior of an awesome insect is showed that seems to outsmart its predators or victims, it is explained as-if they do that on purpose and after deliberate consideration. "I'd better look like a leaf now.. otherwise they recognize me!"

But if that insect is the product and sum-total of blind-random interactions between molecules and probabilistic particle-waves in the quantum world... how would that add-up? The more complex the aggregate of small-and-stupid.. the smarter the total? :?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Darwin was a racist, and since evolution isn't in any way science then the op is a serious question. The answer is maybe/probably.
Not even wrong.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.