Simple Minded wrote:That is one of the big bitches with capitalism, that lefties have. Voluntary business transactions mean Jenna Jamerson has a higher income than Mother Teresa.
Reality hurts the opinion we have of what wonderful creatures we are.
i hear it all day every day from some of my circles, their is a certain mindset which absolutely believes in winner takes all politics and controlling everyone to suit a personal agenda.
this is my biggest fear from multiculturism actually, a more extreme version of winner takes all politics with very little shared between the contending sub communities.
something that is impossible to discuss here or anywhere without zombie responses.
I’m still waiting for God or Darwin to supply us with those selfless individuals as an ultimate ideal, and as examples to emulate. Preachers seem loaded with hypocrisy when you see what they practice. At least as humans, we are consistent.
Some of my favorite discussions:
- My UAW brothers who are hard core leftist with GM’s money, or my grandmother’s money if she is buying a car, yet hard core capitalist with their own money.
- My buddy from Ireland, now living in Bermuda, who professes left, yet comes to the US several times each year on social visits and each time ship a ton of stuff to Ireland and Bermuda so he avoid paying for his ideology, and appear super generous to his relatives.
- The college professor or the doctor who says education or health care should be free, yet expects to be paid for practicing their profession.
- The compassionate soul who has no problem forcing the poor and elderly to pay more for food, clothing, housing, and fuel to subsidize education, health care, and pensions for the poor and elderly.
- My leftie European/Canadian friends who choose to live here, rather than in their home lands where people are more virtuous.
- My buddy who quotes Marx for 10+ years, yet when I point out his 16 month old daughter will have “abilities” at the same time I have “needs,” and would he please, please, please instil Marxist values in her, so that, as an adult, she will know I am more entitled to her pay check than she is, decides to never mention Marx again.
- My leftie friends who live in a house that costs 3X more than the national average, and 5X more than the local average and who spend more each month on alcohol than most families do on food.
And that’s just a few lefties that I have known for decades.
“Christianity” as camouflage would also fill volumes. My two favorites are the ad for the person looking for work as a “Christian babysitter” and the parents who are looking for a “Christian babysitter” to hire. “Christian” is more descriptive than “human” I suppose……
Leftie or Rightie seem to have more value as derogatory labels than as descriptors. But that’s what makes the discussions so entertaining. Preaching what we actually practice is dull as hell.
celebrate diversity (between talking and acting)!
"It takes a remote mountain village.... in either Iran or Apple-achia.... to raise a child.